Page 207 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1071571972052062072082092172573077071207 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,210 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I've never read Twilight nor heard of True Blood...but I am a big fan of the Anita Blake Vampire Slayer series

I've always loved horror movies
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannasmoms43 View Post
    I've never read Twilight nor heard of True Blood...but I am a big fan of the Anita Blake Vampire Slayer series

I've always loved horror movies
    My BFF is a big Anita Blake fan and she got me hooked on the Sookie Stackhouse books (this is what the HBO series True Blood is based off).

Twilight is very tame compared to Sookie Stackhouse.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I hate to keep interrupting the book discussion to talk about my neighbor woes, but I have to confess dh was an awesome detective today. He went to the city offices and pulled all the building permits for our house from the archives. We also emailed my friend's husband, who is a surveyor. Then my dh got the neighbors' property description and their names, which he promptly googled.

We found out that WE own the majority of the driveway our neighbor has been parking in for the past five years. We have an easement to let them pass through our larger portion of it, as they have with the little amount of space in the driveway next to their house. Our back building is built about a foot away from the property line, enough room for the eaves to be on our land. Dh also found out they have a lien for their garbage fees, what they earn per year, and that they're not married even though they say they are. We don't care about their marital status but it's good knowing as much as we can about them. I would hate to have dh working against me, honestly. He is a wonderful friend, and a dastardly enemy.

Dh wants to gather more information, and then we'll try to sit down with them and all of our paperwork about the boundaries and civilly have a discussion which we'll hopefully agree upon.

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Oh, and I liked the Anne Rice/Rampling books as well. I read them when I was young and was not shocked at all. I learned to read with the Fabulous Freak Brothers comics, after all, and my parents never censored my reading material.

I'm keeping an eye on all of the suggestions here for when I browse the Kindle store again.

Lydia, that's great about your neighbor situation. Hopefully you will be able to resolve something.

I read those books, as well, and after a while I was just bored by them. Three books just seemed like overkill.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Katycat24, I confess I just looked at your egg designs linked through your blog and they are fabulous! I'm so impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Katycat24, I confess I just looked at your egg designs linked through your blog and they are fabulous! I'm so impressed.
    Oh, thanks! I am in the midst of one of two busy seasons right now, and just signed a contract for a gallery showing, so I am feeling pretty proud of myself

I am terrible about that blog. I have been trying to make "social media work for me" but ugh, I just don't like to blog.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Dh wants to gather more information, and then we'll try to sit down with them and all of our paperwork about the boundaries and civilly have a discussion which we'll hopefully agree upon.
    Have you thought about hiring a mediator? Sounds like feelings are running pretty high right now, and that might help.

Good luck. They sound like nightmares.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess that I'm kinda crabby because it's getting cold here and I have yet to be warm this morning. and it was snowing though I think that has stopped for now.

You would think that living in Wisconsin my entire life I would be used to this but nope.
    I would love to just fast forward to say April.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I hate to keep interrupting the book discussion to talk about my neighbor woes, but I have to confess dh was an awesome detective today. He went to the city offices and pulled all the building permits for our house from the archives. We also emailed my friend's husband, who is a surveyor. Then my dh got the neighbors' property description and their names, which he promptly googled.

We found out that WE own the majority of the driveway our neighbor has been parking in for the past five years. We have an easement to let them pass through our larger portion of it, as they have with the little amount of space in the driveway next to their house. Our back building is built about a foot away from the property line, enough room for the eaves to be on our land. Dh also found out they have a lien for their garbage fees, what they earn per year, and that they're not married even though they say they are. We don't care about their marital status but it's good knowing as much as we can about them. I would hate to have dh working against me, honestly. He is a wonderful friend, and a dastardly enemy.

Wow. What would he like for Krismas so I can send him a gift to make sure he's never my enemy!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

11. Default

I confess I have a feeling Audrianna is going to grow up and be a bully... She walked up to me while I was making breakfast this morning, and PANTS'D ME!!
    Then ran away laughing...

I confess . . . I'm playing hookie from work today.

My boss believes I'm staying home because of migraines 4 days in a row. I did have one 3 days in a row and COULD get one today as I did not sleep well last night.
    It's more that I'm tired of some of the bs at work, have the "big" boss coming in today, and don't have an article ready for him (publishing a study I led over the summer) that he's been on my ass about cause I've been procrastinating. so I'm staying home today.

Krista, don't feel bad, sounds like you've had enough migraines to earn a day off anyhow

Lydia... your neighbors suck but my gosh, you DH is a super PI! Good luck with working things out. If they're smart, they'll realize they're up against a well informed pro and just do what you say

Lydia, why did they turn so nasty? I think a mediator sounds like a good idea.

Travis has not been well today; he was quite whiney the past few hours, so I've got a glass of rose wine and a peanut butter sandwich for my supper here and it's soooo nice. LOL.

Wow go DH!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I have a feeling Audrianna is going to grow up and be a bully... She walked up to me while I was making breakfast this morning, and PANTS'D ME!!
    Evie pants'd me a couple of times too, but she can't run away from me yet! Bwhahah!

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Have you thought about hiring a mediator? Sounds like feelings are running pretty high right now, and that might help.
    Our neighbor "Crackie" volunteered to be a mediator, but dh said he was swooping around the street making airplane noises in between bits of conversation, so it probably won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Lydia, why did they turn so nasty? I think a mediator sounds like a good idea.
    We were good friends and neighbors until after dh asked their BIL to stop sitting on his motorcycle when they were having a backyard party. The BIL was kind of drunk and said something like "Oooh, am I going to ruin your pretty paint job?" and dh told him he didn't care so much about the bike as much as the potential for him falling off and hurting himself. I'm pretty sure the BIL has instigated all of the bad feelings--he is the one over here trying to measure the property lines, telling my landscapers to stop working for me, threatening me, and he has brought up that motorcycle incident every single time I've seen him.

The BIL thinks he's a big shot and he probably didn't like having to obey a stranger's command in front of all of his friends and family, and didn't like being made to feel foolish. After that, our neighbors apologized for their BIL's behavior, but now they're saying that dh was unreasonable about it.

The BIL also told me that he gave them the money for the house and they haven't paid him back, so he essentially owns it. He told me that when I asked him why he had so much interest in the property lines.

--------------------
    Ashley, I don't think a child's behavior at this age can predict bullying. I can't wear a skirt or a dress around my kids because they enjoy getting under it and lifting it up. And I've been pantsed a number of times.
    -------------------
    Krista, you totally deserve a day off. Sounds like if you went into work, your migraine would come back anyway.

Krista, you totally deserve a day off. Sounds like if you went into work, your migraine would come back anyway.
    I confess I feel I have one starting. I've been taking my baby-free day at home to catch up on some way overdue and much needed cleaning, and I think I'm overdoing it. Tiime to get some lunch in me and maybe chill on the couch for a while. I might even take a nap while I'm there.

Yay dh! I love the word "dastardly".
    We had a horrible person in our neighborhood complaining about us constantly, trying to shut down the daycare and just being a general pain. Dbf is pretty intimidating too and basically had to threaten the guy and I told him I was filing harassment charges. We have not heard from him in quite a while so I really hope he is done.
    I hope you guys can resolve everything. What a jerk that bil is. Can you imagine carrying around so much hostility that you take one comment/request from a person and let it escalate as far as this has?

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I've only seen pictures of Robert, and I'm hoping he has some serious charisma onscreen because I just do not see anything in him.
    I just did a google on him and I didn't even realize he was Cedric in the Harry Potter movies. LOL
    He is way more attractive onscreen than off. He looks kind of dirty (in a non-good way) in off screen pics.

2/09 6/09 4/14

This made me giggle out loud at work.

2/09 6/09 4/14

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    He is way more attractive onscreen than off. He looks kind of dirty (in a non-good way) in off screen pics.
    I think both him and the chick look like drug addicts. I read an interview about her in a magazine once with her woe is me attitude about being famous. It really gave me a bad impression of her. A) You are not THAT famous. B) Puh-lease.

I confess that without his permission for the first time ever I took a bunch of old mail of dh's and just threw it into the recycling bin. I sorted it first, and saw the same subscription renewal letters over and over again dating back for two years.

My dad is coming tomorrow and my MIL is coming on Sunday and I feel like our house looks terrible and I'm fed up with pack-rattery.

24. Default

Ashley, I don't think a child's behavior at this age can predict bullying. I can't wear a skirt or a dress around my kids because they enjoy getting under it and lifting it up. And I've been pantsed a number of times.
    Yeah.. It was just funny, and that was my first thought "What a little bully!!" lol

I confess I have been going through my room, and the girls room packing up things that we wont need between now and the end of the month..

I confess its rather depressing.

Ashley.

Yeah.. It was just funny, and that was my first thought "What a little bully!!" lol

I confess I have been going through my room, and the girls room packing up things that we wont need between now and the end of the month..

I confess its rather depressing.

shutterbird Guest

big hugs, Ash!

I confess, I don't get why people ask for others' opinions when they already have their mind made up. Durrrrr!

I confess we need 2 cars. I'm tried of sharing!

28. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post

I confess, I don't get why people ask for others' opinions when they already have their mind made up. Durrrrr!
    because they want to feel like their decision is justified... Ive done it before... lol

Ok so something weird happened today...

I got a facebook email from the very first boyfriend I ever had, from when I was about 9, to 12ish, I think. (it was mostly long distance, but we met each other at summer camp and went together for 2 years I think)
    He found me through the camp alumni group and he remembers the craziest things about me, and our "relationship", down to what I said in my breakup letter. I was mean to him and I always regretted that.

I can't really blame him for remembering the random stuff he remembers, because I remember weird random things about him too, but it's still creeping me out a little. LOL
    And I had been totally thinking about him recently. I almost died when I saw his name in the inbox. (no "feelings" anymore, just wondering what he'd been up to)

30. Default

I confess I normally HATE left-over chinese food... but when looking for something to eat for dinner I saw some chicken lo mein, and thought "Wow, that sounds REALLY good" so I reheated it, and ate all of sMIL's leftovers... lol