Page 200 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1001501901981992002012022102503007001200 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 6,000 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I think for me it feels selfish and money hungry sometimes.

When I mention to people that after baby comes I will be going into nursing school and still working and such, people are like "aww, well I know it will be hard being away from baby so much but you are doing it to support your children and in this economy it takes two" and yadda yadda. Well yeah, of course that's one reason for doing it but I also don't want us to be stuck forever. I mean, we live a good life and DH makes decent money but yeah, I'm greedy and selfish and I always want it to be more and better. Baby would be just fine being raised on what we make now but nah, it isn't good enough for me.

Yes, I have confessed to DH that he has somewhat of a money hungry wife and I really feel it's true at times!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I confess that Jimi just called and started the conversation with "What are you wearing?"

I replied with "Uh, my pajamas."

And he says "Well go upstairs and get some clothes on woman. I want to take my wife out out to dinner tonight!"

He just got paid for a mortgage deal. Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that Jimi just called and started the conversation with "What are you wearing?"

I replied with "Uh, my pajamas."

And he says "Well go upstairs and get some clothes on woman. I want to take my wife out out to dinner tonight!"

He just got paid for a mortgage deal. Sweet!
    Have fun!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Aw Janeen. That's sweet. Congrats!

I confess I got the all clear to go back to TTC. I have to go on heparin once I conceive again. However, I confess I am nervous, worried and a little freaked out. I just don't want to have another miscarriage.

2/09 6/09 4/14

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    I confess I got the all clear to go back to TTC. I have to go on heparin once I conceive again. However, I confess I am nervous, worried and a little freaked out. I just don't want to have another miscarriage.

shutterbird Guest

Big big hugs, and the best of luck to you!

shutterbird Guest

I confess I finished NaNoWriMo in 14 days. I'm so proud of myself - I made a goal and DID it for the first time. Ever. I'm not kidding... feels great!

I confess I promised to get myself a Kindle if I finished it, but ah, that's not happening. I'll get it eventually.

I confess I read some tips online for a happy marriage and, while most of them were cliche as hell, they have helped some.

I confess Lore and DH went shopping together tonight. The second Lorelai walked in the door she said "MAMA!"... She's been saying 'Mommy' for so long that I forgot how sweet 'Mama' is.

I confess I have the best daughter ever. I couldn't ask for more as a mom.

... except maybe the desire to go poop on the potty!

I confess I'm shutting up now. I haven't confessed in a while so this one's a whopper.

Yay!! Will this be your first time taking Heparin? I was on it when I was pregnant with DD, and all went well. I wish tons of baby-dust!

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess I finished NaNoWriMo in 14 days. I'm so proud of myself - I made a goal and DID it for the first time. Ever. I'm not kidding... feels great!
    That is AWESOME Kimmie, I'm so proud of you!!!

We're ttc now, too, and this is my biggest fear as I never thought I'd have a miscarriage.

We're off on a date on Saturday. We've not been out since our anniversary in April, so I'm looking forward to some quality time with my DH.

I confess this made me laugh.

I also confess that after 5 months of my sister being clean from meth she relapsed. I feel so horrible for her. She is such a great person and would do anything for anyone, but yet she doesn't see any value in herself. I hope she stays strong and makes it another 5 months and beyond.
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

I'm sorry about your sister.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by heartmyboyz View Post

I confess this made me laugh.

I also confess that after 5 months of my sister being clean from meth she relapsed. I feel so horrible for her. She is such a great person and would do anything for anyone, but yet she doesn't see any value in herself. I hope she stays strong and makes it another 5 months and beyond.
    I've heard that meth is THE hardest drug to kick- harder than heroin and nicotine. There is an 85% failure rate in rehab
    All you can do is celebrate each clean day.
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

I confess I promised to get myself a Kindle if I finished it, but ah, that's not happening. I'll get it eventually.

I confess I read some tips online for a happy marriage and, while most of them were cliche as hell, they have helped some.

I confess Lore and DH went shopping together tonight. The second Lorelai walked in the door she said "MAMA!"... She's been saying 'Mommy' for so long that I forgot how sweet 'Mama' is.

I confess I have the best daughter ever. I couldn't ask for more as a mom.

... except maybe the desire to go poop on the potty!

I confess I'm shutting up now. I haven't confessed in a while so this one's a whopper.
    I am so happy for you and very proud!!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

So sad about the meth. I think it is the worst drug, hands-down. It is so hard to stop.

Aelith, Im glad youre set to ttc again, and that the problem was found and is something that can be fixed. Yes, heparin is a pain, BUT it will be totally worth it! Im keeping my fingers crossed for you until I see your baby pictures.

I have changed a lot as I have gotten older, but Ive also consciously tried to work on my faults like being picky and irritable and perfectionist, and also on the things that I can do to be a better friend and wife. Its really been amazing how I have been able to change (and so has dh) as Ive grown up. We keep talking how we never would have survived having twins together or Esmes death if they had happened when we first dated more than 10 years ago. Were so much nicer and more patient with each other now, and even when were not patient, were more understanding.

Kim, congrats again for your writing and you totally deserve a Kindle. I hope it happens soon for you.

16. Default

I confess I love Alisha's new siggy!!

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Yay!! Will this be your first time taking Heparin? I was on it when I was pregnant with DD, and all went well. I wish tons of baby-dust!
    Yep - first time, although I'm no stranger to injectable meds (was on Enbrel for a long time for rheumatoid arthritis). Did you take the heparin with baby aspirin? I'm allergic, but I'm worried because I see so many people who take the two together.

2/09 6/09 4/14

Meth sucks, big time. I did it for about a year and a half as a teenager...

I stopped from the age of 16 to 21 and then did it again here and there for a few months and realized oh heck no...never again.

Yep - first time, although I'm no stranger to injectable meds (was on Enbrel for a long time for rheumatoid arthritis). Did you take the heparin with baby aspirin? I'm allergic, but I'm worried because I see so many people who take the two together.
    That sounds promising. I had 3 m/c's before I had Mia, so I think it's fairly safe to say that heparin was the key to success for me. I didn't take baby aspirin, just heparin for the first 3 months of pregnancy. I was worried about going off it, but everything was fine. I hope it works for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I love Alisha's new siggy!!

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    That sounds promising. I had 3 m/c's before I had Mia, so I think it's fairly safe to say that heparin was the key to success for me. I didn't take baby aspirin, just heparin for the first 3 months of pregnancy. I was worried about going off it, but everything was fine. I hope it works for you too.
    Thank you - that was soooooooo reassuring!

2/09 6/09 4/14

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Were leaving Mexico tomorrow and today was the most awful day weve had. Claire has been really thriving and expanding her language skills enormously but alternately incredibly whiny the whole time here, and this morning we nicknamed her Diabolita, or Little Devil.

We went to the Mayan ruins of Tulum today. Not our first expedition out. But Claire was crying in the taxi the whole time, to the extent dh was worried it would affect the driver, so he encouraged me to give her an emergency binky. I gave it to her and she was quieter, but when I tried to take it back after the drive she got hysterical. The twins have been binky-free except for sleeping for almost a year now, so this is new. I tucked the binky away and tried to distract her with a train ride to the pyramid, but shed momentarily be quiet and then cry again. And then she cried that the train ride was over. And we walked all over the ruins with Claire crying "Mah binky, mah binky" the whole time. Sometimes throwing herself down on the rocks and kicking a bit. I tried everything I could to distract her. She would turn to look at a bird or a flower or an ant, but soon she was back to crying. I would tell her I couldnt understand her and she needed to stop crying so I could hear her. I have about ten pictures of her in this really beautiful place, just howling.

People were getting guided tours, and I kept trying to quiet her as we passed by these groups, but no such luck. Everyone stared at us. A guy who had twins at home tried to stop us and talk about how much he missed his children. I almost offered him ours.

After about half an hour of trudging around and dragging the crying Claire, dh told me to just give her the #$"!& binky. As he was saying that, Ronin fell down some stairs and banged his head. I started crying myself and we all went over to sit on a bench and pull ourselves together. We were promptly bitten about 30 times within a minute by a horde of mosquitos. It was so awful. I imagined this nice trip, with these incredibly beautiful ruins set against the backdrop of the blue sky and the pounding waves, and I wanted to show our children how fantastic it was, and instead we just ran out of there hoping to never see any of those other people again and I still cry just thinking about it.

Im sorry this is so long. It was just wretched. And I didnt want our trip to end this way. For all of you who might have been envying my stay down here, I might pay you to come babysit for me if we ever leave home again.

Oh, I am so grateful to my dh who told me to go take some APA time while the babies were napping. I am feeling a little better already.

Aw Lydia . My heart rate went up just reading that. I hate it when I imagine this amazing time it all goes to pieces. I think the whole mosquito thing was totally the icing on the cake. I mean, come on, really? Vile creatures.
    I hope you are starting to unwind from your horrible day.

Lydia - so sorry your trip took such an awful turn

2/09 6/09 4/14

I'm so sorry Lydia. It sounds like a nightmare! It's hard enough dealing with a meltdown with one kid but to have another to look after while one is falling apart--hats off to you. And I know that horrible feeling when there are other people around. I just want to sink into the floor when that happens.

big hugs, Lydia. If it is any consolation, I would be that the vast majority of people staring were wishing there was something they could do to help.

I didn't have that much fun at Tulum myself - maybe it's just not supposed to be a nice place to visit.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

shutterbird Guest

I'm sorry, Lydia. It definitely sounds like it was a very trying time.

I confess I'm absolutely and completely hurt right now. I need to cry but what's the ****ing point?

I confess I'm absolutely and completely hurt right now. I need to cry but what's the ****ing point?
    What's wrong?
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Lydia and Kim