Page 188 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 881381781861871881891901982382886881188 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,640 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Last edited by heartmyboyz; 11-06-2009 at 08:55 AM.
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

I confess that I can't get to sleep. My MIL is coming up in the morning and we haven't seen her since May! I'm so excited! Course DH is sound asleep. LOL
    I just adore my MIL and we always have so much fun together. Games and brandy/7up make for some good times.

And DH did a really good job cleaning the whole house while I was at work today....only thing I did was cook dinner and catch up on laundry. And tomorrow the shower needs to be cleaned.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I'm not sure. I'm really not. I keep trying to type out reasons and they all sound so lame LOL
    I never realized how bad it was until last night. I knew how I felt about DH, but I didn't know he felt pretty much the same way about me...shouldn't leave a life I already made to go looking for something most people never find.
    I was going to say something really meaningful, but after reading Lydia's response, I'll just say ITA.
    It is a real eye-opener when you realize someone is just as negative about you as you are about them. It usually leads to a better relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess... Baby Boy!
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

I confess that I have been up since 3:30am...that is what happens when you fall asleep at 8:00 on your son's bed while getting him to sleep...now if only I didn't have to go into work at 7:30

I confess that I am dreaming about winning the 'Max Million' draw here for 50 million...I confess that there are about 10 people at my workplace who I would love to help out financially. None of them are really close friends, and would probably never consider returning the favor, but I hate how they are being forced to live right now. I confess that dh would probably have hives just hearing my views on this That is a lot of money for one person IMO- too much.
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    I confess that I can't get to sleep. My MIL is coming up in the morning and we haven't seen her since May! I'm so excited! Course DH is sound asleep. LOL
    I just adore my MIL and we always have so much fun together. Games and brandy/7up make for some good times.

And DH did a really good job cleaning the whole house while I was at work today....only thing I did was cook dinner and catch up on laundry. And tomorrow the shower needs to be cleaned.
    Brandy/7up is my dad's drink! We keep it in our cabinet for when he comes over. It's hilarious to see the blank looks on bartenders faces when he orders it on vacation somewhere.

Kate - I realise I'm way late to the discussion, but I wanted to recommend a book called "Too good to leave, too bad to stay". It might help you put some things in perspective and help you make some tough choices. I hope you find your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Kate - I realise I'm way late to the discussion, but I wanted to recommend a book called "Too good to leave, too bad to stay". It might help you put some things in perspective and help you make some tough choices. I hope you find your answers.
    Thanks! I will look into that.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I confess that spending time with my in-laws consists of long stretches of mind-deadening boredom, livened up with splashes on intense anger and leavened occasionally with feelings of neutrality, ambivalence and/or bemusement.

Going to be a long weekend.
    Great description!~

I feel like that, too, except the boredom is enlivened by a heightened sense of tension and the adrenalin coursing through me in preparation for having to talk dh down from some impetuous and irreversible action.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Darn it, by the time I get back from the playground someone else better post something.

Or else!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Brandy/7up is my dad's drink! We keep it in our cabinet for when he comes over. It's hilarious to see the blank looks on bartenders faces when he orders it on vacation somewhere.
    I think that it's a Wisconsin thing. My MIL got me hooked on that. She moved to Chicago a few years back and says she can't hardly find brandy there...so she just buys it when she visits the family back in Wisconsin.

The dog I grew up with was named Brandy...we got him from my aunt and she named him after her favorite drink.

I will have to try ordering this sometime when I go out of state. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Congrats on the boy Lydia!!

I confess I just went to some parents' day thing at Mia's daycare, and I felt completely overwhelmed and out of place. I felt like such a weirdo because everyone else was chatting and having a nice time. I really suck at being in a room full of people.

I confess I just went to some parents' day thing at Mia's daycare, and I felt completely overwhelmed and out of place. I felt like such a weirdo because everyone else was chatting and having a nice time. I really suck at being in a room full of people.
    Me too, especially in a room of moms. I totally feel like a weirdo in that context, and I don't really know why. Well, I'm shy. But I don't know why I'm more shy about mommy-dom than other things. Thats why I need this place, otherwise I would really know very very few other moms.

Congrats Lydia! Yay boys!

I'm feeling SO MUCH BETTER from my cold and I feel like I could run a marathon even though I still have a bit of a cough. You know that feeling when you're just getting better from something? I love it. I just have to make sure I don't over do it and wear myself out again. blah blah blah. Anyone wanna go for coffee and shoot the sh!t instead of working today? Who's in?
    Norah! (3 yr)

I'm not looking forward to Josh going to school and having to schmooze with other moms.

I am terrible in mommy groups. I am terrible in most grown-up groups unless it's my good friends. I just feel so....odd. Like I'm not interested in what they're talking about and vice versa.
    It makes me feel better that you feel weird Maggie because you always seem so "with it".

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Me too, especially in a room of moms. I totally feel like a weirdo in that context, and I don't really know why. Well, I'm shy. But I don't know why I'm more shy about mommy-dom than other things. Thats why I need this place, otherwise I would really know very very few other moms.

Congrats Lydia! Yay boys!

I'm feeling SO MUCH BETTER from my cold and I feel like I could run a marathon even though I still have a bit of a cough. You know that feeling when you're just getting better from something? I love it. I just have to make sure I don't over do it and wear myself out again. blah blah blah. Anyone wanna go for coffee and shoot the sh!t instead of working today? Who's in?
    I'm in! Where should we meet? I say we get a pedicure, too. Glad you are feeling better.

Congrats on the boy, Lydia! Have you decided on a name?

I hate playdates or gatherings with other moms who I don't know. Very uncomfortable, I don't know why.

Kate, I am sorry you are having such an emotionally difficult time. It sucks to feel that way.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Darn it, by the time I get back from the playground someone else better post something.

Or else!
    Um . . . I confess I absolutely HATE CostCo.
    Just got back from a meeting there to try to get info on and fix our business-to-business credit card accounts. CostCo sucks.

Congrats on the boy Lydia!!

I had no idea daycares did Parent Conferences. Ours has gotten postponed twice now (daycare keeps rescheduling). It's supposed to be all the parents together in a room with the daycare ladies, the kids, and a rep from the Family Conservancy. I find myself getting a little nervous about the meeting.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I too am terrible in mommy groups. Ask any of the ladies that I've met through APA. Which sucks because I would really like to go out and hang out with people, but when I'm there I just hang out with myself. Come to think of it none of the ladies I've met have ever asked me to hang out again.
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

Thanks guys. I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one who feels uncomfortable in big groups like that. I swear people can smell my awkwardness.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I know that feeling! Don't overdo it!!

I confess I also feel weird in a group of moms, no so much at school anymore, but at playgrounds and other types of groups I usually feel awkward. Mostly because the ladies are usually talking about something I feel is unimportant, like fashion or something.

On another note, I confess Ky has been talking my ears off lately, especially since all the Christmas stuff is up at the stores and he keeps talking about what he "wants" all the time. I've been trying to get him to look beyond what he wants and see what he wants to do for others but most of the time he gets sidetracked by all the sparkly Christmas items and then starts talking about what he wants again. When he was telling me he wanted a nutcracker statue at the grocery store yesterday (go figure....a nutcracker that doesn't do anything!!!) I actually told him my grandma's phrase out of habit that she used to tell me when I told her of my wants. "People in hell want ice water." He looked at me and said. "No they don't cause there is no hell." I was like "how do you know" and he was like "because you said you didn't think there was so I don't think there is either so they don't need anything to drink. Can I have this nutcracker statue?"

Sometimes I wish he didn't listen so well.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by heartmyboyz View Post
    I too am terrible in mommy groups. Ask any of the ladies that I've met through APA. Which sucks because I would really like to go out and hang out with people, but when I'm there I just hang out with myself. Come to think of it none of the ladies I've met have ever asked me to hang out again.
    Hey, the two people I've met aren't even on APA anymore

Erin, Ky seems like a great kid!
    I confess that I'm going to a baby shower tomorrow and then out with my best girlfriends for one of their birthdays. We had all planned to stay at my brothers but now one of my friends is also bringing her brother who just happens to be my ex-boyfriend. Well I can't likely sleep in my brother's one bedroom apt with my ex-boyfriend. I told dbf and he said, "Well, how do you feel? I mean, what are the chances something would happen?"
    I'm like, "I'm not you dipshirt. The chances of something happening are absolutely not there." So he tells me he trusts me and I didn't say it but I'm thinking to myself how nice that must be for him, to have a partner he totally and completely trusts. I'd love that.
    So anyway, I'm going to drive home. It's an hour drive and it means I won't be able to drink but it also means I get to wake up with Savana and Kai which is what I'd prefer anyway.

I confess I just looked for this book online and put in a request for the bookstore to hold it for me at the counter (so I don't have to search for it with a fussy toddler in tow )
    I looked it up on amazon, and just by a couple spoilers in the reviews, I don't think the answer is going to be "stay".

Dude. You want to hear why I really don't want to leave? We just bought our first house 3 months ago. I don't want to leave it

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I confess I just looked for this book online and put in a request for the bookstore to hold it for me at the counter (so I don't have to search for it with a fussy toddler in tow )
    I looked it up on amazon, and just by a couple spoilers in the reviews, I don't think the answer is going to be "stay".

Dude. You want to hear why I really don't want to leave? We just bought our first house 3 months ago. I don't want to leave it
    Dude. I know. The logistics are too much for me as well. I don't want to have to upheave my whole life. I know how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I actually told him my grandma's phrase out of habit that she used to tell me when I told her of my wants. "People in hell want ice water." He looked at me and said. "No they don't cause there is no hell." I was like "how do you know" and he was like "because you said you didn't think there was so I don't think there is either so they don't need anything to drink. Can I have this nutcracker statue?"

Sometimes I wish he didn't listen so well.

Erin
    I confess I'm so laughing at this. At least you know he's paying attention to you, right?
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I've met probably 5 APA ladies (and children) at various times. Some of them no longer post, some occasionally post, and some have just recently come back to APA after a long absence. One blew me off for several playdates in a row and I suspected it was due to my posts in the secular room, but I don't know for sure. I've enjoyed the meet-ups every time, despite feeling a little weird about meeting people I only know on-line, and each time the person was exactly how I thought she would be.

I confess I'm soooooo irritable right now, for no good reason except probably not enough sleep and no time to myself. I woke up at 3 AM yesterday, and 4 AM this morning. Ro took two hours of constant holding to go to sleep last night again, and neither one of them took a nap today. I tried to do a fun project with them, cutting out pieces of paper and then making a mosaic picture by gluing the pieces into a shape, but I gave up after they wouldn't cut and just threw all the little scraps I cut onto the floor. Dh's arthritis is so bad he can't pick up the children and I'm trying to change all the diapers, and it's making him cranky because of the pain. And I have to figure out how to trade my rental in and pick up my car (in the shop for the car stereo and dashboard repair) and re-install the car seats while making sure the twins don't run away or do anything dangerous.

Hmm, now that I write all that down, I still realize they're very minor and petty irritations, but the babies are probably picking up on my mood and dh's pain and being cranky because of it.

Oh, and thank you all for posting so much while I was out at the playground. I hate it when I see my name as the last post for more than an hour.

Jeez Lydia that does sound like a big pile of stress. Little things add up!
    I confess I cannot stand The Little Mermaid. Why didn't someone just get her a pen and paper for Pete's sake?
    I'm reading the book MammaMia recommended and so far everything is pointing to "leave". Not a big surprise!

Augh, my car isn't going to be done today after all.

I don't even remember the plot of The Little Mermaid.

Apparently if you buy bananas green enough, they never turn yellow.

A mermaid falls in love with a human and she makes a deal to a sea witch that in exchange for her voice, she will get legs. The thing is she has to get the guy to fall in love with her in x days or the sea witch will imprison her forever. So the whole thing is the mermaid trying to communicate to the guy...it's like an episode of Lassie. "What's that, girl? I need to kiss you tonight or you go bye bye?"
    The story is by Hans Christen Andersen and is quite a bit darker than the Disney cartoon.

I confess one of my students scratched my hand today so badly she drew blood in eight places. I happen to know that for the last four years, this parent has not cut her child's fingernails until she was asked to by the school and she knows her daughter scratches people intentionally. The teacher said, "oh, if you just ask her mom she'll cut them." I shouldn't have to wait until I'm bleeding in eight places to get them cut. They should be cut already.

I showed my hand to the principal and she took a picture of it for evidence. Was that wrong of me?
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I don't think it was wrong of you. Documentation is always better than no documentation.

Yikes for getting injured at work--by another person, no less.