Page 183 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173181182183184185 193 233 283 683 1183 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,490 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Why couldn't she have waited just 5 more minutes before spitting and pooping???
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

2. Default

my sentiments exactly

3. Default

I confess I thought of Krista and her "Why did I give in to FB??" comments while reading these comments on a poll about breastfeeding....

If you do breast feeding in the rich world, then you do it 100% for pleasure.
    Since you are pleasuring yourself at the expense of your baby's dignity, would you not be considered a rapist? As a 23 year old man can have censensual sex with a 16 year old girl, we still consider him a rapist because he abuses his own power. You are abusing your absolute power over your infant, if you breast feed, shame on you.
    Breast feeding came into being most likely so that the mother would not have to leave the baby to feed it. So the evolutionary reason for that physiological act is half a mellenia minimum out of date, at least in the rich world. You have absolutely no reason to breastfeed when you have available milk that is properly cleansed of all the artificial biological toxins that we put into our atmosphere. Do you drink your perfume on a regular basis, do you eat your soap? How about the drugs you take? Do you really think that the stimulants breastfeeders embibe in does absolutely no harm to an organism who was never exposed to such toxins? Yes stimulants were evolved to be used against predators! Breast feeding in modern times is such an incredibly irresponsible act as to border on the realm of criminal. You have no reason what so ever to breast feed, none! Well, none that are logical, perhaps 100% emotionally based most likely. Hmmm...you are woman, hear you lactate perhaps?
    Those were by the same person BTW

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I thought of Krista and her "Why did I give in to FB??" comments while reading these comments on a poll about breastfeeding....

Those were by the same person BTW
    No way! Really??? lol!! Someone drank some crazy juice!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

5. Default

seriously! Comparing breastfeeding to RAPE?!

Not even going to read the comments on BFing, LOL

Good news, I bugged my uncle again about the party and apparently he thought he e mailed me a while ago saying they could come. Either I missed the e mail or it never got sent--but the good news is my two uncles, aunt and at least one cousin (all on my mom's side) are coming.
    I have another question--to further even it out, should I ask my stepmom if she'd like to invite anyone in her family, or do you think that's reaching too far? They only get to see us a couple times a year, but we're not terribly close. I don't want them to feel left out of seeing the new house, though.

seriously! Comparing breastfeeding to RAPE?!
    Yeah, that's definitely crazy and ridiculous. And the last paragraph you quoted really has my head spinning! It's actually quite humorous!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    Yeah, that's definitely crazy and ridiculous. And the last paragraph you quoted really has my head spinning! It's actually quite humorous!
    That was very humorous indeed!!!! I would tell that person to learn to spell before he/she writes about not feeding one's child in a natural way.

Erin

So... the pediatrician thinks either my milk hasnt come in very strong - its obvious i have SOME but my breasts aren't firm like they should be - or that I am not getting any letdown.

charlie weighed in again at 7.4, but she spit up and pooped right before they weighed her... Had she not done that she would have gained.... guaranteed. so they gave us one more day, and are having us supplement with a feeding tube while nursing

Did you get engorged with A? Have you seen a LC?

10. Default

I didn't get engorged with Audrianna, no...

I saw the LC in the hospital, but it seemed like her main focus was making sure Charlie was latching. (And according to both her and the Pedi she has an awesome latch, and suck)

I saw the LC in the hospital, but it seemed like her main focus was making sure Charlie was latching. (And according to both her and the Pedi she has an awesome latch, and suck)
    never got engorged ever with either of my two and they both thrived until I dried up- one at 9 months and one at 12 months. Engorgement is over rated IMO
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannasmoms43 View Post
    never got engorged ever with either of my two and they both thrived until I dried up- one at 9 months and one at 12 months. Engorgement is over rated IMO
    Thank you Julie!!! I needed to hear that from someone

Engorgement IS overrated. Is she pooping and peeing? That's really the only way to tell if she's getting enough. Hope she has a gain tomorrow!

I did not get engorged with Elle either. I did horribly with Ky but not her. We discussed this in our birth month group after the babies were born and a lot of 2nd or 3rd time nursers didn't get as "full" as they did the first time. What's strange though is that Ky lost over 10% of his birthweight, I think 15-16% but not completely sure. They never talked about hospitalizing him though. I was visited by a nurse to just told me to nurse him every 1.5 hours around the clock and after 2 weeks of that he had gained about 2.5 lbs from his lowest weight. Elle never had problems gaining even though I never got engorged with her so engorgement is not all it's made out to be IMO.

I hope Charlie gains at her next appointment.

Erin

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I never got engorged, and I bf the twins for 15 months. I never felt let-downs either.

If you continue to have these weight gain issues, etc. . .I know of a FABULOUS LC in Overland Park. She's great. Hopefully Charlie will gain like a champ and it won't be an issue.
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannasmoms43 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Engorgement IS overrated. Is she pooping and peeing? That's really the only way to tell if she's getting enough. Hope she has a gain tomorrow!
    Yes, engorgement is TOTALLY overrated. Oh how I remember the days I actually "blew out" breast pads. More than once.

This may sound like a silly question, but are you relaxing while you're nursing Ashley? I had a rough start with Liam once we left the hospital and I remember seeing the LC for help. She introduced me to a shield, which worked great, but noticed I was seriously tensing my shoulders up. And once I started pumping I quickly learned that if I was stressed and not relaxing my boobies would hold onto the milk. 30 seconds after I would consciously take a deep breath and relax, oh how the milk would flow.

Is there a chance you're stressing out cause you're worried about her, and not relaxing enough to letdown completely?

I confess my mother is driving me nuts with our current email conversation.

She's trying to tell me, the person with the degree in biology, that the way you can tell the difference between having a cold and having the flu is that you never run fevers with a cold and you do with the flu.

WTH?

My mom annoyed me last night--first she's like "you're taking Josh around the neighborhood for ToT right? I was like well yes, if it doesn't rain--and I told her about the mall ToT which she totally blew off and she acted like I was depriving Josh if I didn't take him around the neighborhood. Then she acted like the whole neighborhood will hate me if I go to the mall instead and not leave candy on the porch since DH won't be home yet.
    Then she said "You're all getting the flu shot right? You should get the H1N1 shot too" I just felt totally pressured. I haven't even decided yet if I'm going to. Probably not...we don't go to playgroups much, Josh isn't in school, I don't work....I just don't see us getting exposed to it really. I don't know.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess that if you're wondering about the Bay Bridge closure affecting anyone you know, look no further. It's my main commute path, and one of the rods snapped off a support where they made the emergency repairs over Labor Day and dropped 5000 pounds of debris onto the Bridge.

I'm now taking public transit, and it's taking me three transfers and two hours to get to work and then again to get home in the evening. Plus, I have to confess that riding a bus around downtown Oakland is not very pleasant. I'm perfecting my not-look-at-anyone-directly and make-no-eye-contact and my f-off looks.

Dh commutes in the opposite direction, but the increased traffic on other routes has been adding an hour to his commute, too.

I confess I am really irritable today and DH is getting the backlash on that.
    I can't help it. It's been forever it seems since I had good REM sleep
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    one of the rods snapped off a support where they made the emergency repairs over Labor Day and dropped 5000 pounds of debris onto the Bridge
    The S curve was bad enough! The bridge is completely closed now? I hadn't heard. I have to get to SFO...ugh, now it'll be a 4 hour one way instead of 2.

I've come to the conclusion that I really don't like my husband. I'm just not sure what to do with this revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that I really don't like my husband. I'm just not sure what to do with this revelation.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Been there, in the past.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Been there, in the past.
    How did you get past it? You seem to speak well of him now.

How did you get past it? You seem to speak well of him now.
    Ohhhhhhhhhh, that was my ex husband.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Sorry you don't like your husband.

ROFL! Too funny.

That is too bad. I didn't like my DH for a long time until a few months ago. I decided to focus on myself and forget about him and his selfishness. I told him that, that he was selfish and self centered and materialistic, chauvinistic, and sexist. I told him a lot of things that I was holding back in order to get along. I also told him if he didn't stop being like that I was going to get sick of him and leave. He decided to stop being an ass and I like him again. I still don't feel like I love him the way I used to but it is a different kind of love now that is different but good.

Erin