Page 171 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 711211611691701711721731812212716711171 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,130 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #5101
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    I confess that I feel awfully awkward when someone I have never really talked to and have mentioned in the past kind of weirds me out...

    Sends me a PM and ends it with "i love u"
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  2. #5102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I feel awfully awkward when someone I have never really talked to and have mentioned in the past kind of weirds me out...

    Sends me a PM and ends it with "i love u"
    hehe you're talking about me, aren't you?!? Go on, just admit it!

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  3. #5103
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    hehe you're talking about me, aren't you?!? Go on, just admit it!
    No way, it turns me on when you say it.

    Nah, I sent you the previous PM I think. It has been a while and then BAM, out of the blue... "love u"

    Just lovely lol
    Last edited by Janeen; 10-14-2009 at 08:45 PM.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  4. #5104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    No way, it turns me on when you say it.

    Nah, I sent you the previous PM I think. It has been a while and then BAM, out of the blue... "love u"

    Just lovely lol
    That was some good stuff! Weird though!! hahahah oh well. Janeen and her stalker, sitting in a tree, KISSING, first comes love, then comes marriage! LOL I didn't want to finish it. I figured I'd save everyone from all that agony

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  5. #5105
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,941

    Default

    Janeen, that's totally creepy.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  6. #5106
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    That was some good stuff! Weird though!! hahahah oh well. Janeen and her stalker, sitting in a tree, KISSING, first comes love, then comes marriage! LOL I didn't want to finish it. I figured I'd save everyone from all that agony
    Gee Big E, uh yeah, thanks for all that.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  7. #5107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Gee Big E, uh yeah, thanks for all that.
    hahahha you're very welcome. I'm nice like that.

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  8. #5108
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    hahahha you're very welcome. I'm nice like that.
    Yeah see, people should stalk you. I'm not THAT nice!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  9. #5109

    Default

    I confess . . . our weekend plans got cancelled late last night. We were heading out tonight and going to be gone till Sunday. So we'd told daycare Liam wouldn't be there Friday.

    This morning at dropoff we let them know our plans had changed and we would be bringing him in tomorrow. Problem. Evidently most of their parents have plans for tomorrow and they were going to be very light on kids or not have any - they signed up for a class of some sort tomorrow.

    Crap.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  10. Default

    I confess between Audrianna, DH, and being pregnant - all of my clothes are stretched out, and it really pisses me off...

  11. #5111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess between Audrianna, DH, and being pregnant - all of my clothes are stretched out, and it really pisses me off...
    3 more days!! Right??? Three more days!!!???

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  12. Default

    4 at most...

    My mommy will be here tomorrow!!

  13. #5113

    Default

    That's so exciting!!!! Does Audri understand what's happening and that she's going to be a big sister??

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  14. Default

    I doubt it... but We'll ask her where the baby is and she'll point at my belly. And we'll tell her to give sister hugs and kisses, and she'll kiss my tummy, or lay her head on it.

  15. #5115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I doubt it... but We'll ask her where the baby is and she'll point at my belly. And we'll tell her to give sister hugs and kisses, and she'll kiss my tummy, or lay her head on it.

    I have been sleeping with my phone every night!
    I is soooooooooo excited!!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  16. #5116
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,941

    Default

    So, freak-out moment today. My district is undergoing major budget crunches and in May they laid off 600 teachers. We were told that hard-to-fill positions (like mine) would be left alone. At my school there are two SLPs, myself and another girl who is a bilingual provider. Recently we were emailed by our boss to say that she was going to have to take over some bilingual students at another school and I would have to take some students from her caseload to even things out, because our boss was told she could not hire anyone else right now.

    So, no problem, we talked and worked things out. Today our boss sent out an "updated list" of school assignments that was "certain to change." I read it, and about 1/3 of the names, including my name, were in bold print! I couldn't see any pattern, such as district employee, or unrestricted license, etc. that was consistent between who was bolded or not.

    So, I knocked on my friend's door and asked if she thought I was crazy to freak out because my name was bolded. She said she would too, and I should email our boss to ask why. I did ... and she said it indicated that that school was my "home school" as I have more than one placement! So, basically it is meaningless ... major sigh of relief.

    Then I felt silly for freaking out but other co-workers said they would have freaked out about it too.

    Am I crazy?
    Last edited by Gwenn; 10-15-2009 at 07:06 PM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  17. #5117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    So, freak-out moment today. My district is undergoing major budget crunches and in May they laid off 600 teachers. We were told that hard-to-fill positions (like mine) would be left alone. At my school there are two SLPs, myself and another girl who is a bilingual provider. Recently we were emailed by our boss to say that she was going to have to take over some bilingual students at another school and I would have to take some students from her caseload to even things out, because our boss was told she could not hire anyone else right now.

    So, no problem, we talked and worked things out. Today our boss sent out an "updated list" of school assignments that was "certain to change." I read it, and about 1/3 of the names, including my name, were in bold print! I couldn't see any pattern, such as district employee, or unrestricted license, etc. that was consistent between who was bolded or not.

    So, I knocked on my friend's door and asked if she thought I was crazy to freak out because my name was bolded. She said she would too, and I should email our boss to ask why. I did ... and she said it indicated that that school was my "home school" as I have more than one placement! So, basically it is meaningless ... major sigh of relief.

    Then I felt silly for freaking out but other co-workers said they would have freaked out about it too.

    Am I crazy?
    Nope! Not crazy at all. I would have freaked, too.

    The majority of the bilingual kids on your boss' caseload. . .Spanish speakers??
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)


  18. #5118

    Default

    Not crazy, I would have been nervous too!
    Norah! (3 yr)

  19. #5119
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,941

    Default

    Sorry, I worded that poorly. My boss doesn't have a caseload (just evals) ... meant my coworker. And yes, Spanish speakers. She is a native speaker of both languages.

    Bilingual SLPs are REALLY hard to find, by the way.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  20. #5120
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,513

    Default

    I would have freaked out too, Mandy.

    I confess on my way to my car after work, I walked next to a riot of about 200 high school kids, moving in a screaming mass down the street. I called 911 and they'd already received reports and police arrived shortly after that. I got to my car, and saw a window had been smashed in, my stereo system removed, and my glove box hanging by a thread. My passenger vent was on the floor and my driver's side air vent was wedged into my steering wheel.

    I called it in, spent a long time talking to various people on the phone, not touching or getting into my car in case they would want to get fingerprints and inspect the scene of the crime. Then I was told it would be a few days and they'd get back to me. So I drove home, talking to my insurance company and various glass repair companies on the way.

    Dh is furious. Me? I hate it, I hate the inconvenience, I hate the expense, I hate that there are people out there who would do this without a second thought, but the whole time I was receiving condolences from the various people--every single one of my 5+ phone calls told me they were so sorry for my loss--I was thinking the last time I heard those words it was for something much, much worse. And it didn't seem so bad after all.


  21. #5121

    Default

    I don't have words for this, Lydia. I'm sorry, for everything, all your losses, but I am glad that you can put things into perspective like that. Argh, I don't know. I had some very "zen" moments after my father's sudden and unexpected death - things just didn't matter that much. I felt like I was so concentrated and internal that I had better balance for the external things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I would have freaked out too, Mandy.

    I confess on my way to my car after work, I walked next to a riot of about 200 high school kids, moving in a screaming mass down the street. I called 911 and they'd already received reports and police arrived shortly after that. I got to my car, and saw a window had been smashed in, my stereo system removed, and my glove box hanging by a thread. My passenger vent was on the floor and my driver's side air vent was wedged into my steering wheel.

    I called it in, spent a long time talking to various people on the phone, not touching or getting into my car in case they would want to get fingerprints and inspect the scene of the crime. Then I was told it would be a few days and they'd get back to me. So I drove home, talking to my insurance company and various glass repair companies on the way.

    Dh is furious. Me? I hate it, I hate the inconvenience, I hate the expense, I hate that there are people out there who would do this without a second thought, but the whole time I was receiving condolences from the various people--every single one of my 5+ phone calls told me they were so sorry for my loss--I was thinking the last time I heard those words it was for something much, much worse. And it didn't seem so bad after all.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  22. #5122

    Default

    Oh, and I am glad YOU are okay - that riot sounds scary.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  23. #5123
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,941

    Default

    Lydia, that is awful.

    But you're right, those words do put it in perspective, don't they?
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  24. Default

    I confess you guys are probably tired of hearing me complain about it, but the whole situation with sMIL and sBIL drives me batty...

    We hear everyday how "tight" money is around the house, and how we need to cut back on junk food, etc. DH and I don't buy ANYTHING specifically for us other than soda, and Audrianna's goldfish and animal crackers - that type of stuff.

    Well, sMIL bought sBIL a crapton of those little frozen pizzas as "a snack for after school". Cool. Fine. Whatever. Problem is - The KID doesn't come home from school till 8-8:30 at night. By that time dinner has been made, and the rest of the house has eaten.

    But does sBIL eat what was made for dinner?? NO! He bakes a friggin pizza!!

    ARGH! They make me want to pull my hair out! If things are really so "tight" don't you think it would be a good idea to stop buying junk like frozen pizzas and use your grocery money towards things that would make meals for EVERYONE in the house?? and tell sBIL to grow the fluck up and eat whatever was made for dinner that night - just like the rest of us did!?

  25. #5125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I would have freaked out too, Mandy.

    I confess on my way to my car after work, I walked next to a riot of about 200 high school kids, moving in a screaming mass down the street. I called 911 and they'd already received reports and police arrived shortly after that. I got to my car, and saw a window had been smashed in, my stereo system removed, and my glove box hanging by a thread. My passenger vent was on the floor and my driver's side air vent was wedged into my steering wheel.

    I called it in, spent a long time talking to various people on the phone, not touching or getting into my car in case they would want to get fingerprints and inspect the scene of the crime. Then I was told it would be a few days and they'd get back to me. So I drove home, talking to my insurance company and various glass repair companies on the way.

    Dh is furious. Me? I hate it, I hate the inconvenience, I hate the expense, I hate that there are people out there who would do this without a second thought, but the whole time I was receiving condolences from the various people--every single one of my 5+ phone calls told me they were so sorry for my loss--I was thinking the last time I heard those words it was for something much, much worse. And it didn't seem so bad after all.
    I'm so sorry this happened. How scary. It's speaks a lot of your character that you can see it for what it is. I'm so glad you are ok.

  26. #5126

    Default

    Hugs all around! I would have been freaked out too about the list. And the riot! Ashley your BIL sounds like a piece of work LOL I hope whoever makes dinner has learned that he doesn't eat it, so that they make less...no?
    I confess I was on twitter at the right time today and I managed to get "Donnie's alter ego" to follow me...There is a random time of day on Fridays (which are called "Follow Fridays" on Twitter) where he says "ok who should I follow?" and in a period of a few minutes he follows everyone who replies or who suggests someone....anyway long story short he is following me! Now I have to say interesting things! LOL
    Also I decided to make my video for Donnie today closer to dinner time for the weekend trip to a fan's house contest--I will be cooking one of my favorite things to make and I'll be wearing my chef's uniform. I'm going to talk about a couple major local places I worked at that he might have heard of (both of us being from MA) and hope that sticks out in his mind...fingers crossed please!

  27. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Ashley your BIL sounds like a piece of work LOL I hope whoever makes dinner has learned that he doesn't eat it, so that they make less...no?
    I have stopped cooking for him.

    FIL made his AWESOME chicken and dumplings last night - and when he does that he makes enough for about 4 meals lol so there were leftovers anyways

  28. #5128

    Default

    Well it sounds like BIL is missing out! Mmmm now I want some

  29. #5129

    Default

    Is anyone out there? I promise I won't talk about the new kids anymore.

  30. #5130
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Someone just dropped a house on my sister!
    Posts
    21,250

    Default

    I confess I am not happy. I'm not sure how to make myself happy. I feel like my life is a catch 22 and no matter what I do, I'm going to end up unhappy for whatever reason. The saddest part is that I'm on anti-depressants, so while I am not crying and visibly unhappy, I still recognize this ache as unhappiness. I don't know where to go from here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •