Page 168 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 681181581661671681691701782182686681168 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,040 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Oh, forgot to add to Ashley - the pony/alpaca rides at the renfest are just downhill from the stage we danced on (just as a reference for next year).
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I confess that I wanted to log on from here in the USA to let you guys know that............

I'm pregnant! Due in June! Yay!

Please, no mention of this on Facebook since I have loads of work people on there!

6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

shutterbird Guest

oh I forgot to update about the in-law's visit...

It went pretty well. It was awkward at times and Lorelai wouldn't talk to them (she's shy around strangers) but she showed them she could act like a cat. They even brought cake and presents which DH thinks makes up for everything. I'd rather have had them just call her on her birthday then come weeks late with presents, but I'm trying to cut them some slack. At least they came, even if it was SIL who made them come.

Sigh! I know I sound bitter, but it's hard not to be.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I'm glad it wasn't too hard on you. Really, I think it's better that she didn't talk to them--it shows them they haven't been around enough.

I think you need to post a video of her acting like a cat.

Congrats silverstar!

I confess I have always sucked at girly things like shaving, putting on makeup and doing my hair. I have always slacked off on doing these things because I just don't know how. I want to look pretty and sophisticated but I just uber epic fail so bad when I try.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I'm pregnant! Due in June!

Please, no mention of this on Facebook since I have loads of work people on there!

Yay!!!
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

I confess I worked for 1.5 hours this morning, came home to grab some stuff and fell into what can be best described as a coma for 5 hours. I can't believe I took such a long nap! I have stuff to do!
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

Congrats Silverstar!!!! May/June is a rockin group How's your vacation going?

Erin, I love the new pics!

Bridget. I really hope that your brother has a moment of epiphany sooner rather than later

Janeen - I agree with you, Kayleb's earlobes are sorta funky... they look like my DH's earlobes - the characteristic Buddha ears!!!

I don't know where I stand on the cute baby spectrum... I'm usually brutally honest (especially to myself) but I can see how I will fall so in love with my child that I honestly won't see it Then again, everyone and their brother has hyped up the future attractiveness of this child soooo much... "I've never seen a non-gorgeous Hapa" is all I'm hearing. Bet it's making Sprout's ego swell

I confess someone needs to shoot me to put me out of my misery. I'm on day 2 for migraines and today's features the "OMG I'm gonna hurl! feeling".

Ow.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess someone needs to shoot me to put me out of my misery. I'm on day 2 for migraines and today's features the "OMG I'm gonna hurl! feeling".

Ow.
    Oh no!!!!!!!!! Are you on anything? Excedrin Migraine? Imitrex? Fioricet? Drink, get caffeine into your system... though I'm sure you know all this. Are you are work? I guess darkness and quiet are out of the question if yes.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Congrats silverstar!

I confess I have always sucked at girly things like shaving, putting on makeup and doing my hair. I have always slacked off on doing these things because I just don't know how. I want to look pretty and sophisticated but I just uber epic fail so bad when I try.
    Me too! I'm a disaster I "get myself together" maybe twice a year. "Doing my hair" means washing it and blow drying (instead of air drying hehe).

If you do want to do it (and you should never feel pressured to do it, even if it's what "all women" do), it takes a lot of practice to figure out what works for you and what doesn't. Just because it looks good on someone else doesn't mean it will on you.

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Oh no!!!!!!!!! Are you on anything? Excedrin Migraine? Imitrex? Fioricet? Drink, get caffeine into your system... though I'm sure you know all this. Are you are work? I guess darkness and quiet are out of the question if yes.
    Vicodin. But I am at work and can't get a lot done with my eyes closed. I have my office lights off, but I still have the glare of the computer monitors to deal with. I should have had Tred bring in a pair of sunglasses on his last run on campus.

I miss being on Depakote on days like this. But it's not BF friendly so no more Depakote till Liam weans. I get side effects from Imitrex that are worse than the migraine itself. <shudder>

I think it's from not enough sleep and possibly not enough water. Thinking back on my weekend, I didn't drink a lot of water and I'm noticing my system has changed post pregnancy and too little water is becoming a trigger. Had 2 cups of coffee this morning, which didn't help, so this afternoon I've been sucking water in like a goldfish. And making trips to the bathroom to pee every 30 min or so. >.<

Congrats silverstar!

I was always like this too. I mean I still am, to a certain extent but up until I was 22 or so I was like a haircut once a year, no make up, left my eyebrows to do as they pleased kind of girl. Then a girl I worked with brother's wife needed someone with long hair to do her cosmetology school test on. I had never even met her but my co-worker asked me if I'd be willing to do it because her SIL was relatively new in town and didn't have anyone and was freaking out. I thought, "eh, why not?"
    She worked me over! And I couldn't believe what I looked like with a funky do and trim eyebrows! I never knew I had it in me! She became a good friend of mine and was forever thankful to me so I got my hair cut and colored for years in exchange for babysitting her kids. Now I like to change my hair often and do my eyebrows regularly. But I still don't know how to wear make-up!

I never do my eyebrows and I recently learned that DH hates plucked eyebrows. So that's fine. But it's embarassing when I do want to go out and look nice but don't know how to do the makeup.
    I tried to get my hair nice, with a body wave, but it seems to be coming out already...after a week...I don't get it. It sometimes feels like my body rejects girly things. LOL

I never do my eyebrows and I recently learned that DH hates plucked eyebrows. So that's fine. But it's embarassing when I do want to go out and look nice but don't know how to do the makeup.
    I tried to get my hair nice, with a body wave, but it seems to be coming out already...after a week...I don't get it. It sometimes feels like my body rejects girly things. LOL
    It's not necessarily coming out... after the first week or two the "crimped" look relaxes. The biggest benefit of a body wave or perm isn't the crimping, but the fact that your hair will now "stay" easier in whatever you do to it. Without a perm, my hair is ridiculously thin, and even with curlers/mousse/blow drying/hair spray curls will come out within an hour. With perm, curls will stay for hours. That said, I don't have the patience to get perms and just keep my hair in ponytails or down (super straight and limp) like a hippie flower child

As for knowing how to do makeup, it's like I said before - practice (which I know you don't have much time to do with Josh running around). The first few things you do will look garish, but don't give up If you get a chance to go into Sephora/Macy's without Josh (or with him entertained or sleeping), ask for a makeover and be very clear that you are clueless and need to learn EVERYTHING they're doing. Take notes right after. There are some sites online that have step by step instructions with diagrams, too. Practice practice practice and find colors/shapes that look good on you.
    Last edited by WillowSpy; 10-12-2009 at 04:43 PM.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My hair is as low maintenance as it gets. I literally get out of the shower, comb it and let it dry. If I'm going out I basically spray some hairspray in and mess it up!
    My eyebrows would be out of control if I didn't keep waxing them. I never saw it before but said friend was seriously like, "Pleeeaaase let me fix your eyebrows," so I caved.
    I do mascara and that's it. I think natural looking woman are beautiful anyway. I've never been a fan of the heavily made-up look.

It's not necessarily coming out... after the first week or two the "crimped" look relaxes. The biggest benefit of a body wave or perm isn't the crimping, but the fact that your hair will now "stay" easier in whatever you do to it. Without a perm, my hair is ridiculously thin, and even with curlers/mousse/blow drying/hair spray curls will come out within an hour. With perm, curls will stay for hours. That said, I don't have the patience to get perms and just keep my hair in ponytails or down (super straight and limp) like a hippie flower child

As for knowing how to do makeup, it's like I said before - practice (which I know you don't have much time to do with Josh running around). The first few things you do will look garish, but don't give up If you get a chance to go into Sephora/Macy's without Josh (or with him entertained or sleeping), ask for a makeover and be very clear that you are clueless and need to learn EVERYTHING they're doing. Take notes right after. There are some sites online that have step by step instructions with diagrams, too. Practice practice practice and find colors/shapes that look good on you.
    Thanks!
    I just got some makeup from Clinique. I like it a lot--it is feather light and just kind of smooths out the color of my face. It's a liquid and I put it on with a brush which I have never done with a liquid before. Then I put some blush on and mascara. I finally found a good mascara that doesn't thicken and get clumpy. It just lengthens and it looks nice, I think.
    I think my hair is flat today because my mom suggested not putting any product in it--so I think that made the curls much less defined (like, nonexistant) even though she thought it would make them more defined because my hair wouldn't be as heavy. I'll keep playing with it I guess. I remember my mom getting perms for years and it was always tight curly even when she just let it air dry. Maybe it was just because she got a much tighter perm.
    Anywhoo...girl stuff. bleh.

Anywhoo...girl stuff. bleh.
    Hehehehe I agree!

I dunno, I guess you sound like you're stuck between not liking girly things and wanting to be girly occasionally? Either are ok, as long as you are happy!!! Follow your own happiness and screw everyone else.

I finally learned how to do makeup, and can do it when the need arises, but on a day to day basis I think I've accepted the fact that I am a no-fuss kinda gal, and that I shouldn't feel pressured to get dolled up just because the other girls are.

Yeah, I just know I look a lot better and put together when I look nice. And I feel better too. I look at pictures of myself in bad clothes and no makeup and I look like a fat 12 year old. I'm short and kind of overweight and generally insecure about how I look. People say oh you will love looking younger in 10 years. Sure, but I don't love it now! I think I have some pretty deep seated issues about where I am in life and where I thought I would be (like how I want to be opposed to how I look to others), but that's for the therapist, not to dump on you guys

Yeah, I just know I look a lot better and put together when I look nice. And I feel better too. I look at pictures of myself in bad clothes and no makeup and I look like a fat 12 year old. I'm short and kind of overweight and generally insecure about how I look. People say oh you will love looking younger in 10 years. Sure, but I don't love it now! I think I have some pretty deep seated issues about where I am in life and where I thought I would be (like how I want to be opposed to how I look to others), but that's for the therapist, not to dump on you guys
    Me too honey. I totally understand. Dump away. I certainly do.

Sorry I said, "dump away". Ew. You know what I mean though.

Awwww hunny come here, let us give you some big hugs

I wish I had advice on improving self-image and self-esteem. But feel free to dump on us! If nothing more, we'll listen. And maybe someone else will have some wise words for ya

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess I am oh-so-excited that Stash just posted her June due date!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    OMG! Stash is pregnant? Cool!
    (I always loved her updates about Oscar, I miss the little guy)
    You guys are too sweet...I'm sure one day I will come in here and write a long sob story, but I don't have enough time right now. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess I am excited as well and to see her back!!!
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

Let me just post a teaser by saying I confess when I was young I wanted to be one of those schoolteachers like in the Laura Ingalls books, with the huge hoop dresses and hair all done up and in a bonnet...I really thought I could do that when I grew up.

I am too new to know Stash, but YAY!!! The more babies the merrier

Let me just post a teaser by saying I confess when I was young I wanted to be one of those schoolteachers like in the Laura Ingalls books, with the huge hoop dresses and hair all done up and in a bonnet...I really thought I could do that when I grew up.
    That's awesome!!! Don't you live in Mass? Once Josh is older you could get a job as a recreation-ist (is that what they're called?) at historical Plymouth or something

That's awesome!!! Don't you live in Mass? Once Josh is older you could get a job as a recreation-ist (is that what they're called?) at historical Plymouth or something
    Yeah, actually I do. I can't believe I never thought of that. (I know you were kind of kidding but I might actually enjoy that)

Yeah, actually I do. I can't believe I never thought of that. (I know you were kind of kidding but I might actually enjoy that)
    No, I was being serious!!! I added the because I had this mental image of you doing it and I thought it was cute!

The more I think about it, that might be really great for you. You'd be out in public talking to visitors all day, which would help your self-esteem, but you'd also be "in costume" which would make it easier. I've noticed that being in costume always helps me break out of my shell.