Page 164 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 641141541621631641651661742142646641164 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,920 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

Lydia, you not only need a surveyor, but a fence... and maybe a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Oh cool! The renfest is even better when it's free. Though unless you decide to take food, be prepared to spend some bucks. Though there are things there we buy even if we did take food. Scotch Eggs, for instance. Candied pecans (which we forgot last weekend. ). and a ham and cheese crepe. Oh my . . . I'm hungry now and it's just soup for lunch . . .

Mmmmm.....Scotch eggs.

Lydia, how scary! I hope you find a surveyor and can build a nice big fence. (That your neighbor helps pay for.)
    "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

I confess I just had to google Scotch eggs, and um...wow...

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I confess I just had to google Scotch eggs, and um...wow...

Yeah they're little grease bombs, but oh so tasty.

I also just googled Scotch eggs and frickin' yum!

LOL well they didn't sound terrible, but I think for me I would have to try them to really get it. And I'd probably love them. But I've never seen them! Maybe I could find a recipe somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Mandy... I'm so sorry you'll have to have contact with that hag again. I'm guessing there's no way to anonymously report what she said? Because yeah... that's pretty illegal and she must not only be a hag, but either very trusting of you, or very stupid.
    All I can say is she has absolutely no social skills. She said that 15 minutes after meeting me (and she didn't know it, but 3 weeks after my miscarriage ... yeah, really). And then she wonders why people run from her school like rats from a sinking ship.

While I worked there, her school was vandalized every single time we had a day off of school. Every single time. I've never seen anything like it. And although it wasn't in the greatest part of town, it by far wasn't in the worst part, either.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I confess for the card DH got me for our anniversary, the card was sweet and sappy, but what he said at the bottom made me laugh. He said something like I love you blah blah blah, "and thank you for 7 years of wonderful service". This man ONLY thinks about sex. I think that's as far as his brain can comprehend. Even after his sweet words, he has to put in something sexual. I got a good chuckle.

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I'm having neighbor trouble. We share a driveway, and our back yards are not separated. They've been going on our property and cutting down our plants, and today one of their relatives went into our back yard, around our outbuilding, and started measuring our fence. I told him we would need to get a surveyor to settle this for good, and he wouldn't get out of my face. I was nervous about leaving the babies alone in the house and kept telling him I needed to go, and he wouldn't stop telling me his opinions about everything, including saying my dh was a *&^% to him because he just happened to use my dh's motorcycle as a lounge chair. I finally walked away. I'm still shaking, it was such an intense confrontation.

And now I'm trying to find a surveyor.
    That is out of line and just plain scary.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    That is out of line and just plain scary.
    I agree. I would be creeped out by it.

I confess ... CD 1 today. Which is a heck of a lot better than CD 58 when you're testing negative.

Oh wow Mandy, 58 days is a long cycle! Are they usually like that for you?

Almost never. The only one I've ever had that long before is post m/c. This one I'm fairly certain is stress.

I confess

I'm having neighbor trouble. We share a driveway, and our back yards are not separated. They've been going on our property and cutting down our plants, and today one of their relatives went into our back yard, around our outbuilding, and started measuring our fence. I told him we would need to get a surveyor to settle this for good, and he wouldn't get out of my face. I was nervous about leaving the babies alone in the house and kept telling him I needed to go, and he wouldn't stop telling me his opinions about everything, including saying my dh was a *&^% to him because he just happened to use my dh's motorcycle as a lounge chair. I finally walked away. I'm still shaking, it was such an intense confrontation.

And now I'm trying to find a surveyor.
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

Lydia, that is freaky.
    Norah! (3 yr)

I confess I'm addicted to Bejeweled.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    I confess I'm addicted to Bejeweled.

Me too!

Mandy about your ex-principal. Working with thoughtless people who are in charge is frustrating.

Lydia. . .I hope you get a nice tall fence. . .and soon!

I confess I was just looking at houses online and really want to move for some reason.
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

Ooooh there was Bejeweled on the little touch screen on the seat in front of me during a flight from the US to Amsterdam. Guess what I did for 7 hours

Lydia, I confess that I think you're showing more than I am. How are the twins responding to the baby news?

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Ooooh there was Bejeweled on the little touch screen on the seat in front of me during a flight from the US to Amsterdam. Guess what I did for 7 hours
    Bejeweled! It's entertained me on at least 5 US-AMS flights and will again next month, too!

Lydia-LOVE the avatar! I can't wait to see your belly grow this time around! I think I sort of missed it last time-I was fairly new on the boards and didn't know who I should be following yet

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I confess I agree that I love Lydia's avatar.
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

I confess I was a Lydia twin belly stalker.

shutterbird Guest

Lydia your bump is adorable!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess dh came home early once he heard about my confrontation with the neighbors. He was furious! He told me not to give them the birthday presents I'd bought for their son and not to have their daughter come over and hang out anymore. And we found out that the bil had asked MY contractors to help him measure some of MY property, while he was trespassing on it. My contractors told him he wasn't their boss. I'm really unhappy about this situation, because I liked having them as friends and I thought they were really good neighbors. I have sensed a distance between us lately, and I think the bil is instigating a lot of this.

Thanks for all the comments about my avatar. If you go back on my blog to the early days (2006-2007), I added in some pre-birth entries, including belly pictures with the twins.

I AM totally showing, and I only have one pair of maternity pants. It's pretty obvious to random strangers that I'm pregnant. I'm showing more now than I did at 30 weeks with my first pregnancy. One of the other multiples moms suggested I'd be one of those people with only one baby on the first ultrasound and they'd find one or two more at the next one. Just when I was feeling safe!

ETA: The twins are saying hi to my belly and kissing the baby (belly) in the mornings when they wake up, and at other random times. I still don't think they know what's in store for them, though.

30 weeks, with Esme:

8 weeks, with little What's-It:
    Last edited by 3andMe; 10-08-2009 at 10:32 PM.

shutterbird Guest

I'm sorry to hear about all the goings-on with your neighbors. Especially since you all were friends to start with!

How sweet that they are already kissing the baby, awwww!

On the note of siblings, Lorelai was practically begging for one at the playground the other day. There was a 7-month-old that she stuck to like glue... his poor parents, she was on top of him hugging him and patting his hair and she kept repeating, "Good baby! Mommy see baby?"

I told DH that we need to get her more babydolls.

Lydia, do you think the fact that you've had twins is the reason you are showing more this time?

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Lydia, do you think the fact that you've had twins is the reason you are showing more this time?
    Undoubtedly, and just the fact that it's my third pregnancy. I thought I had a trim tummy, and it was especially flat after my illness this past summer, but I guess inside it was still the belly it knew it could be. Everything is stretched out from before. Others in my birth month on their third are experiencing the same thing.

I did that once, too. I got off the plane looking like I had put Tabasco in my eyes.

I confess I was a Lydia twin belly stalker.
    Oh yeah! Me too! I stalked August 08 like crazy!

Undoubtedly, and just the fact that it's my third pregnancy. I thought I had a trim tummy, and it was especially flat after my illness this past summer, but I guess inside it was still the belly it knew it could be. Everything is stretched out from before. Others in my birth month on their third are experiencing the same thing.
    Adorable! I can't wait to stalk you again.
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)