Page 163 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 631131531611621631641651732132636631163 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,890 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #4861

    Default

    ASH!!!! If I had a cell I'd tell you to text me too! I feel left out! I need updates ASAP so all you girls getting the texts better share the news with me!!


    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  2. #4862
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,941

    Default

    Okay, so I moved schools this year specifically because I could not stand my last principal. I just was told today that she is being added as part of a training group I've been part of for a year now. There are 6 of us total, and we have to travel to another city and attend day-long trainings together. It is a year-long training with homework assignments, etc. There will be no way for me to avoid her.

    This woman made my life MISERABLE last year. Just as one taste of how obnoxious she is, she told me last year not to get pregnant ... which is certainly against the law for her to have done so.



    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  3. #4863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Okay, so I moved schools this year specifically because I could not stand my last principal. I just was told today that she is being added as part of a training group I've been part of for a year now. There are 6 of us total, and we have to travel to another city and attend day-long trainings together. It is a year-long training with homework assignments, etc. There will be no way for me to avoid her.

    This woman made my life MISERABLE last year. Just as one taste of how obnoxious she is, she told me last year not to get pregnant ... which is certainly against the law for her to have done so.




    How annoying!





    I confess....


    Typhoon!!! I know I shouldn't like it, because its making someone's life miserable, but I love it! Bring on the storm! Right now its blowing and making great "Wizard of Oz" style wind sounds.
    "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    ASH!!!! If I had a cell I'd tell you to text me too! I feel left out! I need updates ASAP so all you girls getting the texts better share the news with me!!

    Didn't you say you have yahoo messenger? I have it on my phone so I could update you that way... and I will be taking my laptop to the hospital, since they have wifi..

    Though the update will be out via cell much sooner than computer. lol

  5. #4865
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Someone just dropped a house on my sister!
    Posts
    21,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I do... I also have Alisha and Cass's numbers..
    You better freaking text me if you're having that baby, woman!!!

  6. #4866
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Typhoon!!! I know I shouldn't like it, because its making someone's life miserable, but I love it! Bring on the storm! Right now its blowing and making great "Wizard of Oz" style wind sounds.
    How exciting! I love having someone from Japan here on the board. We never get typhoons here.


  7. #4867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    Didn't you say you have yahoo messenger? I have it on my phone so I could update you that way... and I will be taking my laptop to the hospital, since they have wifi..

    Though the update will be out via cell much sooner than computer. lol
    Yes, I do have messenger!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  8. #4868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post

    Typhoon!!! I know I shouldn't like it, because its making someone's life miserable, but I love it! Bring on the storm! Right now its blowing and making great "Wizard of Oz" style wind sounds.

    I would be soooo excited! I love that stuff. I've been through 2 hurricanes and it's so amazing.

  9. #4869

    Default

    Typhoon? Cool! (Well, as long as it doesn't do any major damage to where you are). I've been through a hurricane, which was simultaneously scary and fascinating. There's supposedly tornadoes are here, so I might get to see one of those, too.

    Mandy... I'm so sorry you'll have to have contact with that hag again. I'm guessing there's no way to anonymously report what she said? Because yeah... that's pretty illegal and she must not only be a hag, but either very trusting of you, or very stupid.


  10. #4870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I'm so freaking pissed off right now I can't think straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    Oh no! What happened???
    I don't care for Facebook's picture policies and so do not post pictures on there. My SIL has posted several of me on there and did not bother to ask how I felt about it, which irritates the crap out of me. I updated my photo page (not Fb) with pics from the Renfest last weekend. My SIL copies several pics and past them on her GD wall.

    If I had wanted the pics on Fb, I WOULD HAVE POSTED THEM MYSELF!!! They're not her pics, she didn't ask if she do it. And to top it off, she and MIL are commenting on my weight!!!

    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    And to top it off, she and MIL are commenting on my weight!!!

    Oh HELL no!!

    Ive been meaning to ask... are you guys going to be there this weekend too?

  12. #4872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    And to top it off, she and MIL are commenting on my weight!!!

    Why are people so blatantly stupid? Facebook is super public... UGGGHHHHH.

    Just point me in the direction I need to poke and I'll poke


  13. #4873

    Default

    How inconsiderate!

  14. #4874

    Default

    Phew. I less than you girls. I've been feeling like I'm the only one that feels that way. Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    Oh HELL no!!

    Ive been meaning to ask... are you guys going to be there this weekend too?
    No, we just dance one weekend a season. And what, were you going to try to walk festival grounds to go into labor?
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  15. #4875

    Default

    I confess I'm tired of every single one of my family members requesting to be my facebook friend...even the ones I hardly ever talk to or see face to face.
    (does anyone know how to put people into a separate group and really turn up the privacy? I think this was discussed before but I can't remember.)

  16. #4876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I confess I'm tired of every single one of my family members requesting to be my facebook friend...even the ones I hardly ever talk to or see face to face.
    (does anyone know how to put people into a separate group and really turn up the privacy? I think this was discussed before but I can't remember.)
    Hahaha I'm so there with you. You're not my "bestie", you're an aunt who didn't give a rats ass about me any of the 5 times I've ever seen you in person...

    And I have no idea about the privacy thing. I'm sure someone can tell you though, there are some FB experts on APA.


  17. #4877

    Default

    Oh I love my whole family, but some of them suck at keeping in touch. I have not actually talked to this one cousin in years and she's on my facebook. I love her to death...it just strikes me as odd. If you have time to facebook, try picking up the phone instead!

  18. #4878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh I love my whole family, but some of them suck at keeping in touch. I have not actually talked to this one cousin in years and she's on my facebook. I love her to death...it just strikes me as odd. If you have time to facebook, try picking up the phone instead!
    I think FB gives people this illusion of safety and a weird distant-closeness. And I've also noticed that a lot of people act differently on FB than they do in real life... they get personal much quicker online, and seem to "gush" about things more, KWIM? I keep getting these super emphatic looking "Happy Birthdays" and other wishes on my wall from people who I barely know and it sort of weirds me out.


  19. #4879

    Default

    I'm such a Facebook newb, I have no idea. I have learned how to hide all of a person's posts so I don't see them (in addition to hiding all things Farmville, Mafia Wars and that crap I really don't care about), and I know how to break the connection and "unfriend" someone.

    I confess yesterday's crap made me consider just deleting my Facebook account, but I got on it to keep in touch with a few people I miss - and for whatever reason rarely use their email (though they might be on Fb daily . . . WTH!). I don't want to give up that connection with the people I WANT to befriend just because of the arses that I'd like to slap silly.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  20. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post

    No, we just dance one weekend a season. And what, were you going to try to walk festival grounds to go into labor?
    Maybe... lol

    My friends sister is working there and gave us 2 free passes.

  21. #4881

    Default

    Oh cool! The renfest is even better when it's free. Though unless you decide to take food, be prepared to spend some bucks. Though there are things there we buy even if we did take food. Scotch Eggs, for instance. Candied pecans (which we forgot last weekend. ). and a ham and cheese crepe. Oh my . . . I'm hungry now and it's just soup for lunch . . .
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  22. #4882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I do... I also have Alisha and Cass's numbers..

    I think your number was lost when I got my replacement phone, cause I don't have a kate in there anymore.. So if you want a text too, pm me your number again!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  23. #4883
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,513

    Default

    How on earth do you hide Farmville and Mafia Wars, etc. on Facebook? I need to know!


  24. #4884

    Default

    UGH Lydia, I know! If you scroll over to the side of the farmville notice thingy, it'll say hide. It'll give you the option of hiding the farmville notices or you can hide the person posting it. I click on the actual farmville app or mafia wars app

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  25. #4885
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    19,097

    Default

    I confess that I'm a bit perturbed right now. I had a teaching evaluation this morning and the secondary principal pulled me aside during the lab (the students were in groups of 4 doing a sea water analysis lab) and told me that my one group of 2 girls/2 boys were talking too much. All the other groups were made up of all girls OR all boys, but because of the class gender dynamics, I didn't have enough boys/girls to split them evenly. I guess in the Muslim culture boys/girls are not supposed to communicate? I mean they were talking ABOUT THE LAB WTF?? These are 11th and 12th graders. Don't they need to know how to work together? They're going to be entering the real world in a very short time. I'm annoyed.





  26. #4886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I confess that I'm a bit perturbed right now. I had a teaching evaluation this morning and the secondary principal pulled me aside during the lab (the students were in groups of 4 doing a sea water analysis lab) and told me that my one group of 2 girls/2 boys were talking too much. All the other groups were made up of all girls OR all boys, but because of the class gender dynamics, I didn't have enough boys/girls to split them evenly. I guess in the Muslim culture boys/girls are not supposed to communicate? I mean they were talking ABOUT THE LAB WTF?? These are 11th and 12th graders. Don't they need to know how to work together? They're going to be entering the real world in a very short time. I'm annoyed.
    Thats strange..
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  27. Default

    I confess I just went to help Audrianna off the bed.. She walked over to me, with her arms out like she normally does, and pressed her head to my chest....

    THEN BIT THE SH!T OUTTA MY NIPPLE!

  28. #4888
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    UGH Lydia, I know! If you scroll over to the side of the farmville notice thingy, it'll say hide. It'll give you the option of hiding the farmville notices or you can hide the person posting it. I click on the actual farmville app or mafia wars app
    Oh, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! I learned how to hide people a while ago, but didn't know I could hide the applications. Maybe I'll look at my FB a little more often now that I can see if my friends are doing anything besides playing all those games.

    ------------------

    Jenny, is there any way the principal might have just been saying they were talking too much in general, not specifically because of the gender thing? Were the other groups being quieter? And if it is a gender issue, well, all I can say is it's a really good school that actually does prepare students for life in the real world.

    -------------------

    Ashley, OW! I got mine bitten enough when I was bf-ing that I still flinch sometimes if the babies come near me with open mouths.


  29. #4889
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,513

    Default

    I'm having neighbor trouble. We share a driveway, and our back yards are not separated. They've been going on our property and cutting down our plants, and today one of their relatives went into our back yard, around our outbuilding, and started measuring our fence. I told him we would need to get a surveyor to settle this for good, and he wouldn't get out of my face. I was nervous about leaving the babies alone in the house and kept telling him I needed to go, and he wouldn't stop telling me his opinions about everything, including saying my dh was a *&^% to him because he just happened to use my dh's motorcycle as a lounge chair. I finally walked away. I'm still shaking, it was such an intense confrontation.

    And now I'm trying to find a surveyor.


  30. #4890
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Whoa Lydia, that's scary and so inconsiderate! I would definitely get a VERY LARGE privacy fence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •