Page 159 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 591091491571581591601611692092596591159 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,770 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #4741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    Hey ladies

    Jumping in here as a mod for just a second, ok? I've been as outraged as you guys. BUT...but...we need to stop talking about what has happened. Like was pointed out, editing happened, and that is that. Jen is ready to move on and we need to respect her by not dwelling on it. Talking about other members isn't allowed, and while the member who wrote that stuff might be banned, Jen is not...does that make sense?

    Thanks, ladies!
    Yes'm!

    OT but I your siggy!
    I love their outfits!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  2. #4742
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    Yes'm!

    OT but I your siggy!
    I love their outfits!
    Aw, thanks. The skirts are my new "thing"...and can I tell you how happy I am my girls want to be ghosts instead of Belle and Ariel [again] for trick or treating!

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  3. #4743

    Default

    Hey Tif - Have you seen that Visa commercial where a dad takes his daughter to an aquarium? The girl in that looks like your little girls to me. Anyway, I just think it is funny that I think of you whenever I see that commercial

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  4. #4744
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,436

    Default

    I hadn't seen that-so I had to go find it on You Tube. Funny-I think that little girls looks like if you rolled both my girls into one, like she's got Keira's hair, but sort of colored inbetween the dark and light of hers and Scharaes, and then her face really looks like if the two of them were combined! Totally weird!

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  5. #4745

    Default

    Ok I'm obviously missing something too...don't want to bring whatever it is up here, but if someone can PM me and fill me in too. Thanks!

  6. #4746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    Aw, thanks. The skirts are my new "thing"...and can I tell you how happy I am my girls want to be ghosts instead of Belle and Ariel [again] for trick or treating!

    Where do you usually get your fabric from?
    I have all this fabric over here that my MIL gave me and I have no clue what I want to do with it.
    Do you get patterns from any certain places?
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  7. #4747
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,436

    Default

    I get my fabric from a number of places. Those ones are just from JoAnn's. I buy online some, and there are a few local stores that I get more of the designer fabrics that I sometimes use.

    I hate patterns. I mostly don't use them. Yesterday I did make them new jumpers with a pattern, and I'll use it again, but mostly just for the shape-I can do without the directions. I hate following patterns

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  8. Default

    I confess I love all you girls.

    I also confess I am uber annoyed with DH's bff (The same one who said I was being a b!tch for not wanting DH to go on that camping trip a few days after #2 is born..) Our whole group has been avoiding him recently because he has gotten back with his ex, who is NO good for him, and doesn't like any of us anyways...

    He asked DH last night if we were all avoiding him because hes back with her, and DH told him "yes - she's an uber b!tch", yadda yadda yadda...

    His response ----

    "Well so is Ash, and _________... But I'd rather deal with "Insert ex's name" than either of them"



    All this after I have been the NICEST friends wife to him... We helped him moving out of his house that this same EX got him evicted from. Helped buy him some essential grocery items since he also lost his job (because of this girl) even though we have no income right now either, and we have a FAMILY to take care of.. not just one single 20-something year old guy...

    UGH!

    I confess I hate people that use you, then turn around and say sh!t behind your back..

  9. #4749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    I get my fabric from a number of places. Those ones are just from JoAnn's. I buy online some, and there are a few local stores that I get more of the designer fabrics that I sometimes use.

    I hate patterns. I mostly don't use them. Yesterday I did make them new jumpers with a pattern, and I'll use it again, but mostly just for the shape-I can do without the directions. I hate following patterns
    I know I hate patterns too. They confuse me more than help me
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  10. #4750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I love all you girls.

    I also confess I am uber annoyed with DH's bff (The same one who said I was being a b!tch for not wanting DH to go on that camping trip a few days after #2 is born..) Our whole group has been avoiding him recently because he has gotten back with his ex, who is NO good for him, and doesn't like any of us anyways...

    He asked DH last night if we were all avoiding him because hes back with her, and DH told him "yes - she's an uber b!tch", yadda yadda yadda...

    His response ----

    "Well so is Ash, and _________... But I'd rather deal with "Insert ex's name" than either of them"



    All this after I have been the NICEST friends wife to him... We helped him moving out of his house that this same EX got him evicted from. Helped buy him some essential grocery items since he also lost his job (because of this girl) even though we have no income right now either, and we have a FAMILY to take care of.. not just one single 20-something year old guy...

    UGH!

    I confess I hate people that use you, then turn around and say sh!t behind your back..
    What a **************!!!

    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  11. #4751
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Little Slice of Country Paradise
    Posts
    41,200

    Default

    I confess I feel guilty today. I honestly feel in my outrage and own anger I went to far. I now feel like a gossiper. May the Flying Spaghetti Monster strike me down. I think I need a drink.
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

  12. #4752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKat View Post
    I confess I feel guilty today. I honestly feel in my outrage and own anger I went to far. I now feel like a gossiper. May the Flying Spaghetti Monster strike me down. I think I need a drink.
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  13. #4753
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    I confess this is going to be super long but here is how my day of investigating went:

    I went to the bank and asked to speak with the manager in private. I told her what had happened and she got the paperwork for me to fill out. They looked at the video surveillance and saw that the teller did put the bank card back into the tube, so Jimi must have just overlooked it, although he swears it was not in there. So they saw our van on the video and as we were leaving the bank today, they were checking to see who came in after us. She told me that the information will be sent to their investigative team and they will get on it ASAP as soon as they are in the office tomorrow. She also said I wouldn't get any of my money back until it was found to be fraudulent which could take anywhere from a week up to four weeks. This pretty much pissed me off. It was only three bills I needed to pay and two can be put off but one of them was for our tv that we are doing rent to own for and they usually don't mess around. I am going to call them tomorrow and hope they don't come and take our 62 inch tv away.

    So, this is where it gets really interesting. On the statement of transactions that the manager gave me, I saw that there were three transactions at the liquor store. The first one was for 12 something and that one went through. But then about 4 minutes later they attempted to spend 51 something more dollars and it was denied, then about 3 minutes later they tried to spend 27 something more and that was denied too because of insufficient funds. I knew exactly where this liquor store was because my sister used to live right behind it. We went to the liquor store and I asked the guy how long they keep their surveillance for since a lot of places only keep it for 24 hours. He said he wasn't sure but he thought it was 24 hours and asked why. I gave him the run down and showed him the charges and he said "Oh f*ck, I know this guy and I was the one helping him last night." At first he said he didn't card him, then he changed his mind and said he did card him but only paid attention to the birth date and didn't match the name with the card. Well duh, no one frickin does that it seems. He let us see the video surveillance and sure enough we saw the guy he described. He said the guy comes in there often and he had told him that him and his girlfriend had just came from the circus, which is where four charges on my statement were from. He also informed us that the two denied charges were because he tried to buy a big bottle of Patron and when that didn't go through he tried for the smaller bottle of Patron.

    I called the bank manager and asked her if I should get a police officer over there since by the time the bank investigator gets there, possibly tomorrow, the video will be gone. She was just like "Welllll, it isn't mandatory but if you want to it could help." So Jimi tells the guy working the store (the owners son) that if he doesn't mind, we're going to get a police office over there to look at the surveillance footage. The guy responds with "That will be a problem and yes I do mind, it will kill my business." OH REALLY??? Well it killed my bank account that YOU didn't make sure this guy wasn't using a different person's card!

    We left the liquor store and went immediately to that town's police department. They took my statement and immediately sent a Corporal over there to confiscate the video footage. The worker was telling them that he couldn't get it off the hard drive and only his dad knew how to do it. They told him he had better get his dad there or they would be waiting in the parking lot until he showed up.

    From there we went to a second police department which was in the town that the card was actually stolen in. They did a report too and said they will obtain the video footage from the other police department and will go from there.

    I am SO glad we decided to take matters into our own hands and we went to that liquor store. If we hadn't, the video footage wouldn't have been available. So hopefully the store worker cooperates and since he said this guy goes in there frequently, hopefully he can get an ID on the guy and the police can find out where he lives. Time will tell I suppose. This guy now has two police departments and the banks investigative team on his ass. Have fun when they catch you buddy!
    Last edited by Janeen; 10-04-2009 at 06:06 PM.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  14. #4754

    Default

    Good job. I hope you nail the *******. Losers.
    And what's with the liquor store guy? It will kill their business? How so? Oh, I know! If people see cops milling around they'll be less likely to come in and buy a bottle of patron with a stolen credit card.

  15. #4755
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Avoiding Work
    Posts
    14,719

    Default

    Hopefully they catch the jerk and can get everything worked out!! I work at a bank and it is common for people to leave things in tube's (they tend to get stuck in the bottom) It is unfortunate that the person behind you was not an honest individual
    It is usually best to take these things into your own hands when possible, just for the simple fact that there is only so much the bank will do in this sort of situation. They will only do what is cost effective for THEM. Which is ridiculous, but is the way things work!!
    Once again glad you got the ball rolling and I hope they return your money to you very soon!!

    Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog


  16. #4756
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Good job. I hope you nail the *******. Losers.
    And what's with the liquor store guy? It will kill their business? How so? Oh, I know! If people see cops milling around they'll be less likely to come in and buy a bottle of patron with a stolen credit card.
    EXACTLY!!!! The police department also told us that they have nailed this store a couple of times for selling to minors. Oh what a bastahd. I was so pissed off I had to leave the store. That's when I went to my car and decided F this dude, I am going straight to the police department.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  17. #4757
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    Hopefully they catch the jerk and can get everything worked out!! I work at a bank and it is common for people to leave things in tube's (they tend to get stuck in the bottom) It is unfortunate that the person behind you was not an honest individual
    It is usually best to take these things into your own hands when possible, just for the simple fact that there is only so much the bank will do in this sort of situation. They will only do what is cost effective for THEM. Which is ridiculous, but is the way things work!!
    Once again glad you got the ball rolling and I hope they return your money to you very soon!!
    The manager at the bank told me that their investigative team has a very high success rate in catching people who do this sort of thing. She also said with the number of transactions this guy made in such a short time frame, from like 4 in the afternoon until 10 at night...that should help too.

    Hopefully she wasn't just blowing smoke up my butt to make me feel better. Like I said, time will tell.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  18. #4758
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Avoiding Work
    Posts
    14,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    The manager at the bank told me that their investigative team has a very high success rate in catching people who do this sort of thing. She also said with the number of transactions this guy made in such a short time frame, from like 4 in the afternoon until 10 at night...that should help too.

    Hopefully she wasn't just blowing smoke up my butt to make me feel better. Like I said, time will tell.
    Maybe, Maybe not.. Depending on the particular institution. Although, I would think the surveillance tape from the liquor store should be enough for them to refund you your money! On top of everything else all they have to do is check there cameras see who came after you and they would already have all his information!
    I really do hope that they don't toddle around too much and refund you very soon!

    Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog


  19. #4759
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    Maybe, Maybe not.. Depending on the particular institution. Although, I would think the surveillance tape from the liquor store should be enough for them to refund you your money! On top of everything else all they have to do is check there cameras see who came after you and they would already have all his information!
    I really do hope that they don't toddle around too much and refund you very soon!
    You and me both.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  20. #4760
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Avoiding Work
    Posts
    14,719

    Default

    I say if you don't have your money back in your account in a week I would either call/go back up there and bug them some more!!

    Oh and by the way I love the name Denaysia!!

    Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog


  21. #4761
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,646

    Default

    Janeen, good for you for taking matters into your own hands. I hope you are able to get your money back quickly.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  22. #4762
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    I say if you don't have your money back in your account in a week I would either call/go back up there and bug them some more!!

    Oh and by the way I love the name Denaysia!!
    Thanks. It seems not a ton of people do...especially for a "white baby" Grrrr!

    She said the investigative team will be calling me in a couple of days and the police officers should be calling too with an update. But if I don't hear anything, I definitely will.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  23. #4763
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Janeen, good for you for taking matters into your own hands. I hope you are able to get your money back quickly.
    As soon as I saw the two denied charges on the statement from the liquor store, I knew I had to go there. I was just thinking okay, someone went in there...seeing how much they could away with on the card not once but three times during the same visit...the worker would have to remember them. And sure enough, he did.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  24. #4764

    Default

    So sorry to hear about the theft Janeen!! That whole situation is just horrible! It is a good thing you are being proactive and really you should get on your bank's ass since they should have blocked that card after the multiple transactions at the liquor store especially. I worked in the banking industry and most banks who are secure institutions will block a card after the second time of it being denied and it will be flagged and they should have called you. If you have not already, I'd speak to a manager as they can issue you a credit to replace your money since they know it is a fraud situation with your police reports and the video surveillance. They should have a form for you to fill out and as long as those transactions were credit based, meaning that the perpetuator did not use your pin number, then they are protected through the Visa or Mastercard debit system and can be refunded completely within a couple days if they are being proactive and doing their jobs.

    I hope everything works out for you in this situation and so sorry that that happened to you, I know how frustrating it can be just by working on cases from the other end of the spectrum. And just to let you know they probably won't arrest the guy who stole it. Unfortunately these types of crimes don't seem to have much priority in most areas and the people usually get off scot free since banks don't want to waste money prosecuting them for funds less than thousands of dollars.

    Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 10-04-2009 at 10:14 PM.

  25. #4765
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Ugh Janeen, that's horrible.

  26. Default

    Janeen - That is SO frustrating!! I hope they catch em, and don't give you a huge run-around...

    I confess I had my account drained from an ATM in Russia once, and even after taking in my time card and all sorts of other things to prove that I was not the one to do it they gave me a hard time, and made me feel like it was my fault...

    and I think it was Kate (luna) who said something about the name Dacia (Day-sha)

    I confess my BFF in high school was named Daysha and I always thought it was so unique.. I'd never heard it before that! Denaysia does kind of remind me of that.

  27. #4767

    Default

    I swear no one matches the ID name with the card anymore! I use DF's card all the time without getting Id'd. What if I was a thief?
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  28. #4768

    Default

    That's so frustrating, Janeen. Good on you for being proactive and basically catching him yourself!

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  29. #4769

    Default

    I confess my house is a mess
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  30. #4770

    Default

    I missed all the drama cause I was never on line this weekend. I feel so left out.

    Janeen - you go girl! Sometimes the only way to get this done is to do it your ****ed self!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •