Page 157 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 571071471551561571581591672072576571157 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,710 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

I confess I have been trying to tell Josh to stay in his room at least until it is light out in the morning. So now instead of coming into our room at 5 a.m., he knocks on his own door from inside his room. LOL

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Mine would never sit through a movie. They can watch tv, but they have to be on the move the whole time. They watch while they're jumping off the couch.

I confess dh came home at midnight. His luggage was lost, with his prescription meds, his glasses, a week's worth of business clothes, and almost all of his socks and underwear. It's still missing. He is not allowed to file a claim for 5 days. I mumbled to him in the dark for a few minutes about this before trying to go back to sleep.

Today he's not getting home until after I put the babies to bed. He came back and I still miss him. But I did tell him about my family's reaction to the pregnancy and he was unhappy about that. He said how unusual it is that his mom gave us the best response out of everyone.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess I wish more people would put their real names somewhere in their signatures. I'm so bad at names.

Atenielle, love your new picture.

elmobo-n-lexi, I've always been curious about "Elmobo." Is there a story behind it? I know it's what you call dd, and for a long time I thought she just had an unusual name.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 10-02-2009 at 07:55 PM.

I confess that our new home is flooded. Ugh, the guy who stays with us came home and found our bathroom in our bedroom completely flooded the downstairs carpet is flooded in a huge way. It's coming through the ceiling and we're afraid the sheet rock/drywall is going to start falling apart before they get someone out here tomorrow. It's baaaaaaaaaaad, it is dripping EVERYWHERE and the couch is so soaking wet we're afraid it's going to stink so bad like mildew that we're going to have to get another one.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

How awful!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that our new home is flooded. Ugh, the guy who stays with us came home and found our bathroom in our bedroom completely flooded the downstairs carpet is flooded in a huge way. It's coming through the ceiling and we're afraid the sheet rock/drywall is going to start falling apart before they get someone out here tomorrow. It's baaaaaaaaaaad, it is dripping EVERYWHERE and the couch is so soaking wet we're afraid it's going to stink so bad like mildew that we're going to have to get another one.

What happened?

I've been meaning to tell you. . .I like the name Denaysia. I had a friend in highschool named "Dacia" (Day-sha) and it's pretty similar to the name you've picked for a girl.
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    What happened?

I've been meaning to tell you. . .I like the name Denaysia. I had a friend in highschool named "Dacia" (Day-sha) and it's pretty similar to the name you've picked for a girl.
    We noticed the toilet water level was elevated this morning. We haven't brought our plunger over though from the old house yet...so we figured it would be okay until we got home. Wrong, apparently it kept running all day long and this was the result of it.

And yay for liking Denaysia! My family hates it and most people I tell it to just kind of have a "huh" look on their face. I knew a girl in junior high who was named Heaven Denaysia and I absolutely loved it. I thought for years that I would definitely have a daughter named just that. But since straying away from religion, I decided I didn't really want the name Heaven but there was no way I was letting go of Denaysia. DH's grandma who raised him was named Georgia June but everyone called her June so that's where the middle name came from.
    Last edited by Janeen; 10-03-2009 at 07:28 AM.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Ugh, that's not good. Sorry.
    "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    awwww alisha! I love the 7 month picture!!

I confess Audri and I just shared an apple. She is so good at sharing! It makes me proud! lol

I confess I was slightly offended when my OB asked me if I was going to have my tubes tied during my c/s... especially since we had just talked 2 weeks ago about the Mirena.
    Can you tell she is completely nakey?

I your new siggy pic!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess I wish more people would put their real names somewhere in their signatures. I'm so bad at names.

elmobo-n-lexi, I've always been curious about "Elmobo." Is there a story behind it? I know it's what you call dd, and for a long time I thought she just had an unusual name.
    My nape is my SN so
    I do agree though. I am TERRIBLE with names.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post

Well, Elmobo is Elizabeth Modene Bolton. So, we took the first two letters of each one of her names, and we've been calling her that since birth. Along with Lizard breath. Sometimes when someone asks her her name, she says "Elmobo - WAIT, Elizabeth!" LOL. Kind of silly, but now it's just second nature and we can't get past it! LOL

Oh gosh, i'm sorry!!! That's horrible!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    Well, Elmobo is Elizabeth Modene Bolton. So, we took the first two letters of each one of her names, and we've been calling her that since birth. Along with Lizard breath. Sometimes when someone asks her her name, she says "Elmobo - WAIT, Elizabeth!" LOL. Kind of silly, but now it's just second nature and we can't get past it! LOL

LOL, that is so funny and reminds me of me when I was a girl. My nickname as and still is Poody (certain members of my family NEVER call me Erin, just Poody). Everyone used to call me that in my family except my mom, grandma, and great grandmother so I got used to hearing both. I remember my aunt Gayle asking me if I wanted her to stop calling me Poody when I was twelve and I was like "huh, what?" I had never noticed that I had 2 names and had to think about it a while and then tell her to not call me that since I was growing up and it was a baby name. She is the only one of my aunts who doesn't still call me Poody LOL! At least Elizabeth noticed she is called Elmobo and wasn't confused like me!

Erin

I confess our next door neighbor died at home this afternoon. He will be missed. We made a donation to the cancer center where my dh works in Steve's name. By chance, his son also works at the cancer center as a valet. So sad. He was only 57 years old. I'm feeling really low today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I confess our next door neighbor died at home this afternoon. He will be missed. We made a donation to the cancer center where my dh works in Steve's name. By chance, his son also works at the cancer center as a valet. So sad. He was only 57 years old. I'm feeling really low today.

I'm so sorry Jenny. That is too young.

So.....its my birthday, and I recovered from my funk yesterday. Kate, I have to thank you - we went to the zoo and it was AWESOME. It only rained in the morning, so by the time we got there, it was fine. We had never been to this zoo before, and I always get a little nervous cause some zoos are SO sad, you know? But this one was great. The animals had lots of space, and social animals were always in groups instead of alone. And Norah loved it, of course.

Oh, and this part is even sort of secular-related. My inlaws (Christian) sent me a copy of Richard Dawkin's new book, "The Greatest Show on Earth - the evidence for evolution" for my birthday. It made me laugh because we kinda got into an argument about religion a while ago. Though, they are totally behind evolution. But I just think its funny cause they heard 'that atheist guy' had a new book out, so they got it for me.

And DH got me a massage. YES! I can't wait for that. And now...drinking some red wine and watching a movie.
    Norah! (3 yr)

I confess I am completely outraged at what I just read. I honestly want to stab this person.
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

shutterbird Guest

Oh Jenny, I'm so sorry. How incredibly sad... he was so young!

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    So.....its my birthday, and I recovered from my funk yesterday. Kate, I have to thank you - we went to the zoo and it was AWESOME. It only rained in the morning, so by the time we got there, it was fine. We had never been to this zoo before, and I always get a little nervous cause some zoos are SO sad, you know? But this one was great. The animals had lots of space, and social animals were always in groups instead of alone. And Norah loved it, of course.

Oh, and this part is even sort of secular-related. My inlaws (Christian) sent me a copy of Richard Dawkin's new book, "The Greatest Show on Earth - the evidence for evolution" for my birthday. It made me laugh because we kinda got into an argument about religion a while ago. Though, they are totally behind evolution. But I just think its funny cause they heard 'that atheist guy' had a new book out, so they got it for me.

And DH got me a massage. YES! I can't wait for that. And now...drinking some red wine and watching a movie.
    Happy Birthday! I agree that zoo's can be depressing, but the one I went to here is also pretty nice (also for the animals). And WOOHOO for your in-laws being open-minded enough to get you something you might enjoy rather than trying to convert you!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaKat View Post
    I confess I am completely outraged at what I just read. I honestly want to stab this person.
    What has made you so outraged???

Okay I feel better.

UGH Kat, i'm with you.

I wanna know!!

shutterbird Guest

I'll pm you girls if Kat didn't yet! Let me know!

No PM yet.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    No PM yet.
    whoo[s

haha whoops, almost put it all out there for the world to see! haha.

Yes. Stab. Stab. Stab!

People are cruel. Hypocrite.

Good to know I'm not alone in my hatred for certain people.

WTH, please tell me what is up someone!
    Norah! (3 yr)

I confess that I'm drinking wine and I'm a little bit drunk. Wheeeeeeee!
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    WTH, please tell me what is up someone!
    I confess that I am completely lost as well

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog