Page 151 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141149150151152153 161 201 251 651 1151 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I confess I just went to the gym for one of my free personal trainer appointments and I almost cried when I was talking to her about the problems I've been having. I am just so fed up with being overweight, not being able to control my eating and not being able to get into a routine at the gym. I am so sick of myself being like this! But I just cannot stop myself. It's awful.
    Wow. You took a huge step forward. That's awesome. The thing with food is it IS addicting. I know that's my problem. It's not like you can stop eating. It's everywhere. You can't tell people, "hey stop bringing that around me." You need it to survive, and some people just don't get that. They think it's sooo easy to eat healthy and watch what you eat. It may be for them but not for everyone.

Ok. Maybe you and I are not the same, but if we are then I know exactly what you're going through. Anyways... Good luck!!
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

Quote Originally Posted by heartmyboyz View Post
    Wow. You took a huge step forward. That's awesome. The thing with food is it IS addicting. I know that's my problem. It's not like you can stop eating. It's everywhere. You can't tell people, "hey stop bringing that around me." You need it to survive, and some people just don't get that. They think it's sooo easy to eat healthy and watch what you eat. It may be for them but not for everyone.

Ok. Maybe you and I are not the same, but if we are then I know exactly what you're going through. Anyways... Good luck!!
    Thanks for the support. I've been going to the gym off and on for years but I've had an eating problem for years also. Back when I was in my early 20s I lost a bunch of weight just by working out and some minor diet changes. Now I'm 30 and I gained all that weight back and it's been harder to lose and also harder to control my diet. As soon as I got back from the gym I pigged out, just like I told her I would. I just don't understand myself. She said I just need to stop buying the bad stuff. If it's not in the house I won't eat it. She's right but I mean my husband who is super skinny, he can eat the chips and cheese without caring. I don't want to deprive him but I know if it's in the house and he eats it I will eat it too. Agh, it's not fair!

I confess re: the latest Outlander book - I felt kind of lost through part of it, even though I went back and read all the other books earlier this year. I found out last night (after finishing Echo) that you really needed to read the Lord John books to "get" a big part of the story in Echo! It was annoying. Anyway, I won't give any spoilers but there were a number of SERIOUS cliffhangers and the end was very rushed and I'm sorta irritated about the whole thing. I honestly thought this was the worst book of the whole series.

I am anxiously waiting for my sister to finish the book so I can finally talk to somebody about it in detail. It actually makes me kind of sad because my Grandma used to be my Outlander buddy and she died not long after Snow and Ashes came out. I remember having the odd thought "at least she got to finish the book first".

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dana_renay View Post
    I confess re: the latest Outlander book - I felt kind of lost through part of it, even though I went back and read all the other books earlier this year. I found out last night (after finishing Echo) that you really needed to read the Lord John books to "get" a big part of the story in Echo! It was annoying. Anyway, I won't give any spoilers but there were a number of SERIOUS cliffhangers and the end was very rushed and I'm sorta irritated about the whole thing. I honestly thought this was the worst book of the whole series.

I am anxiously waiting for my sister to finish the book so I can finally talk to somebody about it in detail. It actually makes me kind of sad because my Grandma used to be my Outlander buddy and she died not long after Snow and Ashes came out. I remember having the odd thought "at least she got to finish the book first".
    about your Grandma!

I haven't read the Lord John books either and don't plan on it (he's not a fav. here)... Hmm.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I have read all of the Lord John books, too. But I'm still a little lost.

I confess I'm amazed at the irony - all the talk about renfests and SCA and dressing up.

Last week I made a new overskirt, and yesterday was spent making bloomers, a new chemise, and started on a kilt for Liam. My Irish dance troupe is performing this weekend at the Kansas City Renaissance Festival. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I haven't danced in 2-3 years out there, between broken ankle, bad back, and then newborn baby last year (no dancing at 3 weeks post c/s!!!).

I've been dancing at practice for the last month or three, but my endurance is crap.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

You'll do just great! Take a picture, kay?

I can't imagine how cute Liam is going to look in his little kilt. That's probably the main thing I miss about not being in the SCA any longer--I would love to see my babies dressed up in garb at an event. As it is, my sewing machine is now serving as a plant-stand.

8. Default

Krista! I would LOVE to come out and see you guys at the Ren Fest, though I don't think its something DH would be into... Plus as you said in PM I'm no sure how I'd feel up to waddling around RenFest at 37/38 weeks pregnant.

I confess I agree with Lydia - TAKE PICS! I'd like to at least see what I'm missing, and I think we'd ALL love to see Liam in his kilt!!

I confess DH is outside his mind in thinking that he will be going to SpookStock with his friends Oct 22-23.

IF I don't go into labor before the 18th, I am having a scheduled c-section on the 19th... We could have a 3 day old baby, and spookstock is a days drive away..

I don't think so!!

I confess it REALLY irritates me that DH's BFF thinks I am a total b!tch for telling him no

I confess one of my kindergarteners looked at me today with big, round, innocent eyes and asked, "What the hell are you doing?" In the middle of a speech therapy session.

Guess I have more to work on than I thought I did!

Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess one of my kindergarteners looked at me today with big, round, innocent eyes and asked, "What the hell are you doing?" In the middle of a speech therapy session.

Guess I have more to work on than I thought I did!

I confess as bad as it is, I find it ADORABLE when little kids swear... It just doesn't sound BAD coming from someone so innocent!

It was adorable ... but considering that it WAS a speech therapy session I really couldn't let it go. The really funny part was, when I told him we don't say that at school, he just looked shocked! His eyes got even wider like I'd just hit him or something! He had no idea what he'd just done ... which is exactly why I need to work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    Krista! I would LOVE to come out and see you guys at the Ren Fest, though I don't think its something DH would be into... Plus as you said in PM I'm no sure how I'd feel up to waddling around RenFest at 37/38 weeks pregnant.

I confess I agree with Lydia - TAKE PICS! I'd like to at least see what I'm missing, and I think we'd ALL love to see Liam in his kilt!!

I confess DH is outside his mind in thinking that he will be going to SpookStock with his friends Oct 22-23.

IF I don't go into labor before the 18th, I am having a scheduled c-section on the 19th... We could have a 3 day old baby, and spookstock is a days drive away..

I don't think so!!

I confess it REALLY irritates me that DH's BFF thinks I am a total b!tch for telling him no
    I can't even believe DH even ASKED to go! That's the craziest! UMMMMM NO, you're NOT a biotch. It shouldn't even be a question.

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    I can't even believe DH even ASKED to go! That's the craziest! UMMMMM NO, you're NOT a biotch. It shouldn't even be a question.
    This. That is .

14. Default

THANK YOU!! And he's still acting like he's going!!!

They were talking about the camper that his buddy is buying and when they are leaving and dh says " WE should leave around noon on friday" and I looked at him and said "YOU aren't going!"

He says "Why not?! Your mom and sister will be here to help!!"

That's nice, but its not THEIR baby... He needs to bond with, and get to know the new baby too..

YES. I totally and completely agree with you! Give me your number. I'll tell him he's being a nutjob.

I confess I'm a boob. I couldn't log on last night because I forgot the modem and wifi router at the old house!

Thank goodness Jimi stopped and got it tonight and then hooked it for me.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I was thinking the exact same thing. How can he even think of going. And to still be making plans for a trailer and such!!! Can you ask your doc at an appt to tell DH "absolutely no baby travel for x weeks" - if you think he'd listen to the doc, that is?
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess I'm a boob. I couldn't log on last night because I forgot the modem and wifi router at the old house!

Thank goodness Jimi stopped and got it tonight and then hooked it for me.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. How can he even think of going. And to still be making plans for a trailer and such!!! Can you ask your doc at an appt to tell DH "absolutely no baby travel for x weeks" - if you think he'd listen to the doc, that is?
    Well the trailer is his buddies deal -- He had been living with his grandma, and she just passed away, so he needs one anyways...

and he was planning on going without me, so the doctor thing wouldn't matter...

I confess this cough will NOT go away!!

I want to squish Audri in your siggy. I want to squish her. And smooch her. I can't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    Well the trailer is his buddies deal -- He had been living with his grandma, and she just passed away, so he needs one anyways...

and he was planning on going without me, so the doctor thing wouldn't matter...

I confess this cough will NOT go away!!

I'm sorry, but holy crap, you're 37 weeks dude!

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    I'm sorry, but holy crap, you're 37 weeks dude!
    lmao Yeah, tell me about it!

I confess Audrianna just dumped a pile of goldfish all over my bed! Good thing I have been lazy, and haven't put the sheets back on since I washed them after our pukefest..... We've been sleeping on top of a blanket lol...

I confess I sent out a bunch of resumes and a few applications for DH last night, and we have already gotten 2 call backs! I am crossing my fingers!

I know I'm late but...

I also agree with this.

I am STILL upset at my own DH because he was not around last year after Elle was born. He decided to try to be a boxer and was out training pretty much all day until after midnight for months after she was born. I didn't have any family around so had to do everything myself and even my OB said it was the cause of me not completely healing from the c/s for 4 months. I had a lot of problems and this is the main reason why, like I mentioned about a week ago or so, that I think that eventually I'll divorce him because that time made me feel that he is not dependable and would not be around for me. I had also told him not to take his fight but he did it anyway. He thinks I'm crazy because it still bothers me, but it will probably bother me for a long time, because I confess, it takes me a LONG time to get over things that hurt me. But not much hurts me and this did and I don't know if I can get over it.

I hope your DH can be more compassionate and get over this idea. Not only is he the dad and you need him around, but you both have Audri and it is different when you already have a child. She will still have to have her needs met and it will be beneficial to her for him to be around for the both of you, no matter who else is there as well.

Sorry this was a book but it just made me a bit angry all over again reading that.

Erin

I confess Ashley your DH is a bit dingy isn't he?
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

I confess.......sorry but this cracked me up!

6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I confess, it takes me a LONG time to get over things that hurt me.
    I could have wrote that myself.

shutterbird Guest

I confess I'm finally starting to feel like myself again, and only because I finally realized what was gnawing at me for the past 6 months.

28. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I know I'm late but...

I also agree with this.

I am STILL upset at my own DH because he was not around last year after Elle was born. He decided to try to be a boxer and was out training pretty much all day until after midnight for months after she was born. I didn't have any family around so had to do everything myself and even my OB said it was the cause of me not completely healing from the c/s for 4 months. I had a lot of problems and this is the main reason why, like I mentioned about a week ago or so, that I think that eventually I'll divorce him because that time made me feel that he is not dependable and would not be around for me. I had also told him not to take his fight but he did it anyway. He thinks I'm crazy because it still bothers me, but it will probably bother me for a long time, because I confess, it takes me a LONG time to get over things that hurt me. But not much hurts me and this did and I don't know if I can get over it.

I hope your DH can be more compassionate and get over this idea. Not only is he the dad and you need him around, but you both have Audri and it is different when you already have a child. She will still have to have her needs met and it will be beneficial to her for him to be around for the both of you, no matter who else is there as well.

Sorry this was a book but it just made me a bit angry all over again reading that.

Erin
    Erin! I have no problems imagining why it upset you. I may have to leave this up and let DH read it... then talk to him about why I don't want him to go, and see if I can't talk some sense into him.. Oh -- And Thank you for adding about not fully healing from the c-section. That is a BIG point I need to make to him, as I will be having a section.

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    I confess Ashley your DH is a bit dingy isn't he?
    Im not quite sure dingy is the word... but he is a bit something... lol

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess I'm finally starting to feel like myself again, and only because I finally realized what was gnawing at me for the past 6 months.
    Glad you figured it out!

Hey, everybody. Just wanted to say that I'll be offline for 2 weeks while I'm visiting family in the USA. I'll let you all know if I'm pregnant or not when I get back. ;)