Page 1461 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 461961136114111451145914601461146214631471 ... LastLast
Results 43,801 to 43,830 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Everyone here has seen this, right? It's hysterical. http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_...unk-your-penis

Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I started to read and...I'm going to have to finish it when I'm alone tomorrow. Oh wait, Josh will be home. I'll wait until he's very busy in the next room. LOL

Suja, that's hilarious! But what does it say about me that I find the dialect more entertaining than the actual topic? "Wee" and "loo roll". Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!

On my end... One of my dear and oldest friends was wondering why she hadn't heard from me over the last month-ish, while inviting Maiya and I out. I replied telling her that we would love to join her, and why I've been not as social. (Sick, baby's birthday, last IUI, estrogen migraine...). She responded that she was so glad we could come... And that was it. Not a peep about everything else. I love her dearly, and she's a good friend, and admittedly she is one of those that sucks at writing emails, it's like talking to a robot on email (not at all the same in person, though). But still, it hurts a bit to get NOTHING.

But other than that, the day was pretty good. Got out to a museum we haven't been to in ages, had lots of fun. Maiya was going to have a sleep over at my mom's, but she couldn't sleep because she wanted me. So she is home, and sleeping peacefully. She LOVES sleep overs at my mom's, been on many. Not sure what prompted this tonight, but I'll take it. Makes me feel loved! Though I will miss sleeping in tomorrow, heh.
    Last edited by Krystal5; 10-13-2013 at 10:04 PM.

I hope your friend just really sucks at relaying her feelings via email and that she gives you an extra tight squeeze when she sees you. Wish I could!

I've always found it hard to relay emotions through e-mail/PM/text, etc. I am not all that emotional irl and sometimes... I just can't..... or don't.... know what to say. II definitely can see how it would hurt to get no response about all of it at all though

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

So...DH is, shall we say, musically challenged. Right now he is listening to his iPod, music blasting loud enough I can hear it a room away, "singing" (more like tunessly chanting/screaming under his breath) in vague time to the music. He has NO IDEA I can hear him. It's actually kind of adorable.

That sounds like me, Mandy!

I got ALL of my ironing done this weekend by listening to my i-pod and cracking on with it. It feels pretty good to have that out of the way. I'm going to try to stay on top of it instead of building a weekly pile and see if I feel less stressed over it. Yes, I know you all laugh at me for ironing. LOL.

My college course is slowly starting to become even busier than what it is. It's been OK so far. I'm keeping my head above the water as they say for now.

Ash, just remember ... It is temporary. You will get through this and it will enrich your life so much! You might even look back on it fondly!

Thanks all. She did talk to me about it today, and offered up some sympathy, as best as a Mom with ZERO experience with struggle or loss can. I appreciated the effort! Her cousin was also there, and she actually offered to be a surrogate for me. Which is very sweet, but I explained that I'd given up. Maybe in a few years, if Maiya decides she wants us to try again.

Mandy, that is so adorable! I love men when they do that.

Ash, hang in there. As Mandy says, it's temporary and will all be worth it in the end! Good job on ironing. I don't think I iron unless I have a wedding coming up, hah.

So we went to a farm for a "Harvest Festival" with said friend today. We got there early, then left for lunch, then Maiya and I went back and met my parents there. I "needed" to harvest corn there- fresh on the cob popcorn!- but Maiya was tired after a busy day. So my mom and I went harvesting, while my Dad took Maiya to look at the animals.

My dad and Maiya found a great little corn husk doll, and Maiya decided she had to show me. We were in the middle of the corn field, and we tried to explain to them where we were. While wandering around in a slow attempt to reunite with them, I backed in to a corn row and turned around to see some very familiar faces. NOT my parents or my child. It was L's mom and C and R!

Naturally, the kids saw me and after decent hellos, they both asked "Where's Maiya?" so we continued our hunt for them. I called Maiya on my Dad's phone, and had C talk to her. Maiya, however, was FAR too busy talking to hear anything I or C said, so we ended up hanging up and just continuing on our way towards them. Ended up running in to L before the wayward two, but they were off. So C and I wandered to the end of the corn field where my dad and daughter should be arriving soon. Finally they came in to view, and C was waving. Maiya, however, was totally focused on the corn husk doll, and came running up to me, showing me the doll the entire time, totally focused on me. I kept pointing at C, and C kept waving. Finally, when we got close, nearly a full minute later, Maiya actually heard me when I said "See who's here?" Maiya looked at her, her eyes got wide, and she got this faint smile on her face. She said "Hi", and slowly reached out to her, to give her a hug, but SO unsure. Like she thought she wasn't real or something. It was HILARIOUS and I wish I'd been recording. It must have taken Maiya a good 3 minutes, even while holding her hand, before she realized that C, one of her favorite people in the world, was REALLY, truly there with her. Ah, those kids crack me up.

Speaking of my sweet girl cracking me up... I have a video monitor, and a restless sleeper. Tonight, she rolled out of bed. Got back in bed. Settled down. 20 or so mins later, she half rolled, half crawled out of bed, stumbled around her room for a while, doing I'm not sure what. I think she may have thought she was looking for one of her babies, but then she forgot about it and tried to climb back in bed. Today at the farm, she fell (she has new boots and is not used to them yet.) and hurt her knees. Well, the first time she rolled out of bed on accident, her knees didn't bug her. But the second time? For some reason, she decided she couldn't bend her knees, and she kept bumping against the bed, then start crying and told me "Momma! I can't get back in my bed!"

Oh, my sweet little pea. She had seriously JUST gotten back in bed about 20 mins earlier. I just love this age. Makes me just wanna cuddle her all night! So... innocent and helpless. But then neither of us would sleep.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I ironed this week and thought of you, Ash. The kids kept coming over, fascinated, and I showed them a bit but had to tell them I would stop if they couldn't be safe around the iron.

It was really nice running into Janet and Maiya and her family at the harvest festival. I spent most of my time running back and forth from the bathroom because a certain young someone had been thirsty and had drunk a whole bottle of water and needs to pee about every 20 minutes once that happens. It took us a long time to find them again once we got back through the tall corn and then as soon as we got back, "I gotta pee!" But in the bathroom he kept talking about how much he wanted to see Maiya and how she was his best friend.

My MIL was visiting the whole weekend. She had said she would come up on Thursday or Friday, and would call when she left, but did not show up on Thursday and didn't call on Friday morning. Didn't answer the phone. She ended up just showing up at our house unannounced (DH and I were both at work) mid-afternoon on Friday, but luckily my mom had decided to bring the twins back home early just in case she did that, and they were all there to greet her. And then she has been having trouble waking up in the morning, so she has been saying she'll be here at 9:30 for the day's activities but is sleeping in past that. Still, as I told my DH last night, it's not like my dad doesn't do anything a little irresponsible (haha). All in all, it's been a pleasant weekend and she has been complimenting my cooking and parenting and housekeeping to the max and expressing sympathy for the amount of work I do and we've done fun stuff. Not shabby at all.

All right, time to go to work and I'm really glad there is no BART strike today!

My question for the day: did it do me any good at all to have a salad for lunch if I came home and ate two helpings of potato chips and drank a latte?

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Was your only protein the milk in your latte?

No, there was chicken and Gorgonzola on the salad.

Yes...salads have fiber and other nutrients. One crappy meal is one crappy meal....doesn't have to mean the whole day/week is shot.

just because I had a cookie with my milk and coffee this morning....one of the ones we made yesterday that are on Facebook....doesn't mean it's pointless to have my usual lunch of turkey on whole grain bread, baby carrots and an apple.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Good point. But I was meh about the salad. I'm really a bread kind of girl and I was hoping to cut back on the carbs. By the time I got home, the potato chips were calling my name. Usually I have a sandwich (and possibly chips, too).

Oh, well. Tomorrow is a new day. Soup? Although it will probably have rice or noodles if I go that route.

If you only ate a salad for lunch then I wouldn't feel too bad about the chips and the latte. Do you drink your latte sweetened or not? I was shocked by how many calories those sweetened drinks are.

Yeah I have no luck cutting carbs. I get crabby and it just doesn't feel like a meal to me and later on I'm digging around with a taste for something. I just try now to make sure that the carbs are paired with a protein.

I have a latte every morning but make it at home with skim milk and coffee. Even if I get one out, I still do skim milk and leave off the whip cream. I think a lot of places use whole milk if you don't ask for skim.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh, I know those sweetened drinks are horrible, but for some reason sweet drinks in one form or another are the hardest thing for me to resist. I need to come up with a plan to replace it.

I have been treating myself to pumpkin Spice lattes quite regularly lately. I love a good latte.

They mentioned that mumsnet thread on the radio today, Suja! I wouldn't have had a clue if you hadn't mentioned it!

I can't wait to delve back into the world of latte, frappe, etc. I miss my caffeine, frozen, coffee, sweetened beverages!

ETA: Oh and currently a bit cranky that the "oh your still pregnant" comments have started. It is not even officially my due date yet

A salad is still a salad! Doesn't matter what you put on top of it. You're still getting the nutrients and fiber.
    Do you like popcorn? That's a good salty crunchy snack that is low-fat but feels similar to chips or crackers. I often remind dh to eat popcorn at night because he's a late-night snacker who'll often reach for the oriental crackers or chips.

As far as sweet drinks go, I hear you. I drink milky tea and I really, really like it with lots of sugar. It's an indulgence -- but if you make your own drink (sweet tea, seltzer water with syrup, whatever) you'll almost certainly use less sweetener than you'd get if you drank something prepared from a can or Starbucks.

Suja, that link was so funny. I was dying at "penis beaker." I love how the British vernacular can manage to be completely crude and still seem so charming and cute. Imagine that same convo with American versions of the slang and it sounds a lot less adorable (though still funny, if you like that kind of thing, which I do).

And speaking of crude and disgusting humor, have any of you seen the movie "This is the End"? We watched it the other night and it is one of those gross movies on the lines of Superbad or The Hangover, and maybe I was just tired, but I found it totally hilarious and I'm still giggling over it two days later.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Mmm, sweetened milky tea! One thing I do like at home is herb tea like hibiscus that has a nice flavor and doesn't need sweetening. I will drink green/black tea unsweetened as well, but it's so much better with something sweet! And then they start adding the flavorings in store-bought stuff, like peach or raspberry teas that are all sugar and I've got another sugar addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    I can't wait to delve back into the world of latte, frappe, etc. I miss my caffeine, frozen, coffee, sweetened beverages!

ETA: Oh and currently a bit cranky that the "oh your still pregnant" comments have started. It is not even officially my due date yet
    You know...when I was doing treatments I was very careful to avoid caffeine post-ovulation. Then when AF came I basically said "**** it" and went to Starbucks. Then it turned into a feast/famine thing, until I stopped doing treatments and stopped the famine part of the cycle. I think coffee drinks have been my mental coping strategy. Maybe that's why I'm so obsessed. Thanks for helping me figure that out!

I heard This Is The End was really good, but it's not a theater-worthy movie for us, so we'll wait for Netflix. Usually we only see the movies with good special effects in theaters. I kind of want to see Gravity, but I'm afraid it'll make me nauseous!
    I used to love those sweet coffee drinks. I used to get one every day! Now that I'm trying (again) to lose weight I just can't bear to use up so many calories on a drink. I think Starbucks uses 2% unless you ask for something else.

I'm in the lobby at the hospital. My one wall is all glass and I can see the coffee shop from my desk. And often smell it. It's a local place but like a starbucks. I try to limit myself to once a week. Mochas in the fall and winter and in the summer was sometimes getting it blended so it was all cold and slushy.

It's really not fair to have to look at it all day and everyone coming past with yummy drinks.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I heard This Is The End was really good, but it's not a theater-worthy movie for us, so we'll wait for Netflix. Usually we only see the movies with good special effects in theaters. I kind of want to see Gravity, but I'm afraid it'll make me nauseous!
    I used to love those sweet coffee drinks. I used to get one every day! Now that I'm trying (again) to lose weight I just can't bear to use up so many calories on a drink. I think Starbucks uses 2% unless you ask for something else.
    We saw it on Netflix! We are like you - only see movies with special effects or great visuals in theaters. DH really, really wants to see Gravity in the theater but I don't really want to. I don't think it's my cup of tea, even though I think Cuaron is a great director. I feel like I would get very anxious.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    You know...when I was doing treatments I was very careful to avoid caffeine post-ovulation. Then when AF came I basically said "**** it" and went to Starbucks. Then it turned into a feast/famine thing, until I stopped doing treatments and stopped the famine part of the cycle. I think coffee drinks have been my mental coping strategy. Maybe that's why I'm so obsessed. Thanks for helping me figure that out!

I didn't avoid anything til I saw two lines. I'm lazy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I'm in the lobby at the hospital. My one wall is all glass and I can see the coffee shop from my desk. And often smell it. It's a local place but like a starbucks. I try to limit myself to once a week. Mochas in the fall and winter and in the summer was sometimes getting it blended so it was all cold and slushy.

It's really not fair to have to look at it all day and everyone coming past with yummy drinks.
    Mmmmm....