Page 1458 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 458958135814081448145614571458145914601468 ... LastLast
Results 43,711 to 43,740 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

We do go through a lot of cheese...mostly colby jack, mozerella, parm, mexican mix, string....but a lot of it is colby jack or mozerella. Once in a while cheddar or american if something calls for it. Cheese curds are really good too....
    I don't like feta or any smoked cheese. And haven't had really fancy ones.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh, man, I picked the wrong time to check this thread. I am so hungry! I could pay big money for some McDonald's fries! Lol

My favorite dessert is chocolate cake and ice cream. And cupcakes. And doughnuts. Mmmm! I have a major sweet tooth!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    This is pretty much how I feel about bacon.

I don't like ice cream either. When we go out for it I do like to get one sample spoonful. Coldstone Creamery has amazing flavors but I just can't eat more than a bite.
    I think it's funny you all are concerned for the dinosaurs...what about the women??
    The women wrote it! And gave the books those horrible covers... Isn't a poorly photoshopped picture of a dinosaur next to a scantily clad woman just oh-so-erotic??

Gretchen, yeah, that would work! It takes us a while to get up to your area, anyway. And yes, we usually go to Mt Diablo. We haven't had great luck, but have been able to find at least one!

I'm not a huge fan of bacon, and I don't like it plain, but I do like to cook certain things with it.

But CHEEEEEEESE. Yes, I like cheese. We're pretty much cheese fiends here. Maiya will more types of cheese than most adults I know (except you guys!). She LOVES goat cheese. She likes pretty much all cheese, except Brie! Blasphemy. One of my favorites, and she doesn't like it!

So, got my pain meds. Is it weird that I'm considering not using them, unless it gets really bad? I would think they'd do more preemptively, but for some reason, I want to know if it's going to get bad. Hmm...

All right! Off to go make some soap.

WWYD?

You remember I am dreading CD 3 because of the horrible estrogen headache I will get. NORMALLY, I have 5 days from the last day I stopped progesterone (Tuesday), so my period shouldn't have started until Sunday, so I SHOULD have been fine.

Instead, it started today. Which makes headache day- CD 3- Saturday. When I am going to a dear friend's kid's birthday party. I love the mom, Maiya loves the birthday boy, I love the museum type place it will be at. I don't want to miss it!!

But I'm terrified of getting that headache while I'm across the bay, just Maiya and I. Whether I BART or drive, being that far with an incapacitating headache, or being drugged up, does not seem to be a good way to spend a day.

Is there a 3rd option I'm missing? Is there any way I can work it out that I can go? Or should I just ask my mom to take her, and stay home and pout? Or go and keep my fingers crossed that I don't get the headache??

Decisions, decisions!

That's such a tough one. I know I hate to miss things based on something that only "may" happen at that time. If your mom's available, could she attend with you and Maiya, and drive? That way, if you get the headache while there, someone else would be able to be responsible to drive home, at least, and to watch Maiya there. How quickly does the medicine take effect? Could you take it while there if you need it? Then even if you were a little druggy, your mom would be there so the whole burden wouldn't be on you.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I'm going to be in the city tomorrow and will get off work around 2:30. I can drive you home if you want. Let me know if you need my work number. Speaking of, my S. has a picture taken in front of an exhibit in a certain museum in the city.

Don't even talk to me about cheese! I always say, if I didn't like cheese, I'd be skinny. Well...and bacon.

Oh, Gretchen, that's a good idea. Hadn't thought about that. I'll talk to my mom, see what she thinks.

I have no idea how long it takes or anything. I've only gotten this headache a few times before, and didn't know what caused them, so they came on out of no where and I was unprepared. This is the first time I'll be prepared, so I have no idea what will happen when I fight back!

L, that is super sweet of you, thank you for the offer! But it's Saturday, not tomorrow.

I messed up my soap!! Some of the lye got stuck to the bowl I used to mix it with the water, so all the oil didn't process. I still got soap out of it, but it literally looks like it's bleeding- sweating?- as the unprocessed oil eeks out of its pores. Kind of creepy! Debating on if I should try to melt it down and add more lye, or just deal with weepy soap... Hmm...

Mmm... Cheese and bacon... Mmmmm....... I made bacon wrapped, blue cheese and almond stuffed dates the other day. Mmmmmmmmm........

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    Oh, Gretchen, that's a good idea. Hadn't thought about that. I'll talk to my mom, see what she thinks.

I have no idea how long it takes or anything. I've only gotten this headache a few times before, and didn't know what caused them, so they came on out of no where and I was unprepared. This is the first time I'll be prepared, so I have no idea what will happen when I fight back!

L, that is super sweet of you, thank you for the offer! But it's Saturday, not tomorrow.

I messed up my soap!! Some of the lye got stuck to the bowl I used to mix it with the water, so all the oil didn't process. I still got soap out of it, but it literally looks like it's bleeding- sweating?- as the unprocessed oil eeks out of its pores. Kind of creepy! Debating on if I should try to melt it down and add more lye, or just deal with weepy soap... Hmm...

Mmm... Cheese and bacon... Mmmmm....... I made bacon wrapped, blue cheese and almond stuffed dates the other day. Mmmmmmmmm........
    Stop it, you're killing me!
    Mmm, weepy soap! I've never made soap but I guess if it's really gross I'd try to fix it.
    I'm sorry about the headaches

Is it like hand soap? I don't know anything about soaps. Is it a lot better homemade? I'm really particular about my soaps. I only use dial and only the white....don't like smells. And I only use that because they said I had to use antibacterial with my skin condition. Otherwise I would probably just use Dove or something. I get that for DH sometimes and too much of mine dries out his skin in the winter.

I don't know, I would probably try going tomorrow too. And bring the drugs with you so if you feel it coming on, take the drugs. My mom gets migraines and if she can take a pill at the beginning, it works so much better. But not something to take before any signs of one.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Janet, I also don't like American ice creams, preferring frozen custards. Other things I don't like (you may need to sit down for this) : OJ, soda, french fries, potato chips, bacon, most cheeses, etc.

Oh, I had TWO of these today. If I lived here, I would live on them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastel_de_nata

TMI. I just don't know how anyone in this country manages to poop. Holy crap, there is like no vegetable in their diet. I'm loading up on fruits, not that it's doing any good.

Suja, YUM. Those pastries look amazing. And haha on the pooping. I don't know how people do without lots of fiber too.
    Although I can agree with you on the chips, bacon and cheese are food of the gods. I just have to make sure I have big salads every day all of the rest of the time, and it's fine.

Ugh I just found a lump on cosmos lip. Bigger than a pea. She had her teeth cleaned mid-June so it wasn't there then. She's in my face a lot so I think it's fairly new. Calling the vet first thing in the morning. Don't think it's a wart....hopefully a pimple or cyst....she has fatty cysts elsewhere.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Both of our older dogs had that. It's probably a cyst.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quick update: I think I got the headache out of the way last night! Still a bit shakey and didn't sleep well, but we're off to the party. With BOTH my parents and extra meds, just in case. Wish me luck!

And thanks all for the ideas.

Good luck!

Hope Cosmo is ok!

Vet said it wasn't fluid and was hard....did a biopsy, for cos it took two tries to get enough. Looked at there and saw nothing scary but to get a better idea it's being sent off to a lab so we will know more later this week.

glad the headache is out of the way!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Hope you had a fun time at the party, Janet!

Sorry about Cosmo's lip, Jennifer. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

Ugh getting ready to leave DH for a few nights. I HATE traveling without him. Being in a hotel alone is so boring. My boss is picking me in a few hours and we will be back Tuesday night.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh, man. I ... would not feel that way. As much as I love dh, the prospect of a few nights in a quiet hotel room totally alone sounds pretty good. But I'm sorry that you will be bored. Can you bring some new craft or some magazines or something else to do? I have a friend who taught herself to knit while she was at a convention alone.

I too like my quiet lonely nights. lol. I am really, really, really ready for Sawyer to sleep through the night. Seems to be getting worse instead of better. I was looking this morning and was surprised to see that there are hardly any books for toddlers on weaning from breastfeeding. I only found one, really. And it's not available at the library! Maybe I will write one for him.

Oh, man, B, I feel ya. Noe weaned around her 3rd birthday and it was not easy. She had never slept through the night, ever. And she never slowed down the nursing - I pretty much had to quit her cold turkey. The good news was that she adapted much more easily, with less fuss, than I had anticipated, and that she started *nearly* sleeping through the night very soon after. She still wakes up once a night at about midnight to pee and then come into our bed, but that's it. And DH will often take the duty of getting her out of her bed, on the potty and then bringing her in, so I can stay in bed. All I have to do is elbow him a few times and say "Noe wants you." I am better rested these days, for sure.

I didn't find any books on weaning, either, though that would have been so nice! I just started talking to her a few weeks ahead of time about how she was almost old enough that she would only drink from a cup, not from Mama. And then one day we just said "Now you are old enough to just drink from a cup." She asked a couple of times a day for a few weeks, but sweetly, and didn't get upset when I reminded her that we weren't doing that anymore. I was surprised that it wasn't a more angsty transition. I hope the same is true for you and Sawyer.

Oh that would be lovely! I am.hoping that I'm not giving him enough credit. He does get really upset sometimes if I try to distract him during the day. At night I'm just straight up lazy and don't want to get him all worked up when it's so easy to get him back to sleep if he nurses. I'm going to.start with getting him to stop during the day. I've been talking to him about it for a couple of weeks, how Kai and Savana don't nurse because they grew up a bit and all that. Then he's like, ok mama when I get bigger I can have gum too? It's hard finding the right words to explain things to toddlers! Savana told him his birthday was coming and he actually think his birthday is, like, a tangible.being that is going to.show up at the door with cake.
    Last edited by Bridget; 10-06-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Hi from the hotel. Bed bug check done and looks ok. I have my computer and can watch TV shows on it and have a good book to read so really I shouldn't be that bored...and tomorrow I will be pretty busy until night. But I just hate being away from DH and the girls. And Molly was so bratty when I was getting ready and waiting to be picked up....she knew something was up.

I just am not one to be alone. i would call him right now but he's sleeping. It wil be interesting to see how we would work this out with a baby because i can't take a baby with me but he's on third shift and we don't have family in town to do an overnight. Well I will worry about that later!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh, Suja, I don't like OJ either! Neither does Maiya. Hubby, on the other, could drink a gallon a day. Ick.

Jennifer, I hope you get good news and it's just a cyst! They are fairly common, as you know. Keep us updated.

While I would hate to be at a hotel alone during the day, I, too, like a bed to myself! If we ever manage to buy a new house, I'm thinking it needs to be a 4 bedroom. One for Maiya, one for me, one for hubby, one for guests. We could still sleep together most nights, but a break would be nice, too, hehe.

Guess I got lucky that my milk dried up at 18 months. Actually, it dried up quite a bit earlier, she just kept comfort nursing. But when it started to hurt, it was easy to get her to stop, because she wasn't getting anything anyway. Wish I could have continued, though, especially since she is my only!

Yeah, Jennifer, it'll all work out when the time comes!

The party went ok. The worst of the headache was done the night before, but it lingered for a long time. Wasn't debilitating, but was enough to make me REALLY glad both my parents were there to help! The three of them (and the rest of the party, of course) had fun, but I'm not entirely sure I'm glad I went. Oh well, done now!

Gretchen, are we on for tomorrow? If I don't hear from you here, I'll text you. Maiya and I will head up around 1 or 1:30, after she has her second lunch (they eat there, but she is ALWAYS hungry after school!). Hope you can join us!

And the weepy soap... Luckily, the oil is solid below 75, and since it's been cooler, it's not as weepy! So so far, since it seems to be working fine, I'm lazy and just letting it be. And Jennifer, the thing with home made soap is, you can make it however you want! I'm sticking with a basic, easy recipe. Cleans well, so I'm happy!

You are brave to try lye soap, though, Janet! I was always intimidated by that and just used glycerin soap when I made mine. I'm glad to hear it's working out for you.
    Yes, we're coming today! It's a beautiful day for it.

Had a great time with Gretchen today, thanks so much for going! Even found our tarantula friend. Yay!

Mandy, last year I posted the pic of Maiya and her 8 legged friend as my signature. I want to this year, too, but am worried about freaking you out! Is there any way I can do that, but like, block you from it, or something? If not, don't worry, I won't do it.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I don't know of a way to do that, unfortunately. I think I need to get a spider filter for my browser!

Darn. I won't do it, then. See how much I love you??

Just be sure to avoid FB for a while.

Um. Yeah. I had to hide a few posts.

But that is love!