Page 1441 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 441941134113911431143914401441144214431451 ... LastLast
Results 43,201 to 43,230 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

OMG L. Can you file a complaint with the airline? I mean I agree with your DH that she should have just been like I'm so sorry sir but unfortunately we are all out of juice. It's been in high demand and we didn't stock enough for this particular trip. What we have left is.....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

So aside from the crappy juice situation, I love the comment that your DH made to your DD! And then to have her repeat it and be so proud of it! Oh man, to see those other people's faces!!! haha.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Yeah, I laughed so hard I almost drooled. It was so funny. When my DH originally told her that, I went along with that and told her that she was so good at being persuasive she should try to let other little girls know how nice horses were. DS piped up and said, "I don't know--they have really big teeth," and then little DS joined in and said, "But they are pretty, and they are soft," so she got the impression that kids could be very reluctant to like them. I still have bubbles of laughter in me every time I think of it.

It is funny how kids can just say things out loud when you think it's kind of this inside joke in your own family. I don't know if I ever told you guys the time the kids were all pointing out the bird poop on the window of my car one time, and I said, "Oh no, you guys, I'm really sorry, but that wasn't a bird. I had to go really badly one time, so I pulled over and just climbed on the roof and a little bit got on the window." They all looked at me wide-eyed, but then said no more. Then a day or two later both my mom and my DH were riding in my car as well and my mom mentioned the bird poop on the window also, and DS shouted out, "No, that's not bird poop! Mommy pooped on the window!" My mom corrected him immediately and told him that he was wrong, that of course it was bird poop, so I had to confess all, embarrassingly enough.

Yes, these things backfire on us.

I giggled at you pooping on your car window. That's hilarious L!

The plane-not so much. What a woman! The nerve of her.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I can't believe she called the police! What your dh did is exactly what dbf would you and I would be the one hissing at him to be quiet. Then he would be on the phone withbthecairline until they give him something to make up for it.

Speaking of calling the police...I don't know if you saw my post about Jesi saying she learned she turns into me when someone pisses her off, but she really went over the top on someone. She prefaced the story by assuring me she's not racist, but this guy really made her mad and it just came out of her mouth before she realized it.

She worked for a hotdog vender at a nearby county fair for a week. The hotdog stand owner pre-paid the week for her and her fiance to be in a hotel room, include 1/2 a charge for Friday because they'd be done around 5 or 6, come back and shower, and leave. When the day/time rolled around, the room was locked and they wouldn't let Jesi in to get her stuff. Her boss and fiance were there and they were all arguing with the guy. Her boss showed the receipt and it didn't matter. She got hot and yelled that he WAS going to let her in, and this 50-some-year-old man told her she looked like she should be out sucking a d1ck. imo, he's lucky she just blew up at him, but she called him a towel head. She was screaming and leaning over the counter, pointing at him and telling him AGAIN he was going to give her her stuff. He called the police on her claiming she was threatening him by calling him that name.

The police came, listened to all sides and made him let them get their stuff. She was really worried when she told me about it and what she'd said to the guy, but I told her that after what he told her, all bets were off and I might have crossed that line as well. I might have even slapped him in the face for it..but I did point out she could have simply went outside and called the police to help get her stuff instead.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Yeah, it's all the more upsetting to me because I'm very good at speaking up against companies or people that do wrong, but I do it politely but firmly and follow the chain of command, no matter how distressing it is. I keep my cool, explain my issues, and if they are not resolved, ask to speak to the higher-ups. In the case of the plane situation, obviously nobody there could have helped with the beverage situation. Raising a voice wouldn't have helped. She obviously had a terrible day, too, and even though her job was a service job and she should have been able to deal with a dissatisfied customer, she could not provide more juice or actually do anything to help. I would have expressed disappointment that the airline promised free drinks and could not provide them after my children were counting on them (cue tears from kids), and if she had gotten snippy, I would have spoken to the supervising flight attendant separately after dropping the issue then and there. And then written a letter to corporate.

However, this particular airline is notorious for having very bad customer service, as it has left customers stranded on 100-degree runways for hours without air conditioning in hot planes (multiple occasions) as they text waiting relatives asking them to donate their organs in case of death, and it does not offer rebates or discounts or appeasements in any way. We had a four-hour delay last year without updates and without any live people to talk to at the gate and the briefest of apologies (well, these things happen) when I finally got through to the main number and spoke to a person. We weren't sure if we were going to have to leave or not. There are several websites dedicated to how bad this airline is.

Anyway, I have gotten very good at registering displeasure without antagonism. DH is very intimidating and antagonistic. There is a difference. I knew he would not be violent, but he has practiced looking threatening for a long time (just because of where we live), so he may not be completely aware of how he looks when he is angry.

So who else is doing National Night Out? Here it's kind of like a block party. A lot of neighborhoods do them. We have a bbq going, people from all around the neighboring block bring potluck items and the street is closed off so kids can ride bikes, blow bubbles, play with chalk, scoot around. We're supposed to meet our neighbors and get to know who lives here and get contact info and familiar faces. Since there are so many different nationalities in our two-block area, we'll have a ton of different kinds of foods. I am half-curious if the people who hang out under the freeway pretending to be homeless holding signs and asking for money will show up, because they actually live in the apartment building nearby.

http://www.natw.org/about-nno/

L, I both admire your abilities to handle those situations, and tend to be more like your husband. Although if it were simply an issue with the plane not having juice, that wouldn't have been a 'glowering' moment for me. There are, perhaps, other instances that are equally ridiculous where I get my look on though.

As much as I wish I could be more diplomatic at times, I do think there are instances where your husband's capabilities are warranted. Or perhaps I'm just biased.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 08-06-2013 at 06:47 PM. Reason: 2 glasses of wine is my only excuse :)

That is unbelievable that she called the police. If the exact same situation happened in a restaurant (where you would be equally unlikely to actually get juice despite complaining) the server would never dream of calling the police. I agree with your DH, it is bullying and wrong. And I quite likely would have reacted the way he did. However, if my DH been in his position I would have been in yours. Odd how that works. I wish I could be as level-headed as you always are. Something for me to work on.

And poor Jesi! Words fail me. What possessed him to say such a thing?
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I probably would've punched the guy if he had spoken to me that way!

I need a drink, after the evening we've had (see NMMIG).

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    And poor Jesi! Words fail me. What possessed him to say such a thing?
    I have no idea-I know she was being loud and demanding that he let them in to get her stuff, but from what she told me (and there were at least two other witnesses there) she wasn't being verbally abusive or name calling. And I believe her. That's not her style...normally. But he pushed her over the edge and she did then say something awful. I find it amusing he claimed it was threatening after he'd said something so foul to her. He's really lucky she didn't lurch over the counter and throttle him.

I have to say, as a mom it's still very upsetting to know that anyone talked to my 'baby' that way. I know she's 18 and people are people and there's no way to protect our kids from nastiness like that. But man, it really sucks. I want to go slap him myself and ask him who the hell he thinks he is talking to an 18 year old girl that way.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 08-06-2013 at 07:47 PM.

That is AWFUL! What a horrible man to say that to her.

I have a friend from HI who is flight attendant and he would say to this conversation that his job is safety, not refreshments. I love him dearly so never say a word but inside I am sniggering just a bit.

So a few days ago, our cooler went out. Which is awful, but not as awful as it could be, because it gets so hot here we actually have two coolers, one for each end of the house. It was the cooler in the bedroom end of the house, which means the family room area is still nice and comfortable.

(As an aside, I discovered the cooler was out and commented to DH, "Why does it say it's 85 degrees in here when it is set to 80?" He ignored me. 30 minutes later, I hear, "Hey, it's 85 degrees in here. Why isn't the cooler working?" And yes, he heard me the first time. )

So ever since I have been harassing him to do something about the cooler. He got as far as going up on the roof and discovering there was no power, speculating that perhaps a fuse had blown, and saying he would get to the store to replace the fuse. But never went.

Today, the mystery of the cooler has been solved. Remember when my cable went out this summer because SOMEONE chewed through the wiring? Well, that same someone chewed through the electrical supply to the cooler. Seriously. How he managed not to electrocute himself, I have no idea. DH thinks he must have been shocked and is just so impervious to pain he didn't care. NOTHING stops this dog. So off we went to Home Depot for electrical supplies and fencing. My idea of a weeknight out.

Oh no Mandy! Yikes!

That is just amazing. I imagine you can't put bitter stuff all over the stuff you don't want him chewing on, esp. if a little shock didn't stop him. Or maybe he got shocked a little bit and it may have put him off chewing on cables in the future--hopefully. Any possibility you can put some kind of protective barrier around your cables? I can't believe he's done so much damage!

Holy cow Mandy! Make it doesn't shock to chew through wiring? We had our air conditioner go out in May as well....ours was a mouse nest in the unit outside and they chewed the wiring there. No dead mice around that either.

My dogs both got naughty around a year old and tried to pull a few things and chew on stuff. Isn't there another set of teeth that come in around that age? Like molars in back or something? I really hope that M stops it soon and matures!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Uh, Chrissy, if *all* she did was call him a name than I think she did just fine. I would have been so inclined as to punch him in the face (and I can say undoubtedly - my husband would have).

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Aw, thanks for all the compliments on my hair! I like it now but when I was younger I really wanted "real red" hair.
    L, I can't believe your airline experience! Would it have been so bad for her to be apologetic?

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    That is just amazing. I imagine you can't put bitter stuff all over the stuff you don't want him chewing on, esp. if a little shock didn't stop him. Or maybe he got shocked a little bit and it may have put him off chewing on cables in the future--hopefully. Any possibility you can put some kind of protective barrier around your cables? I can't believe he's done so much damage!
    That's what the fencing is for! LOL!

Maybe it doesn't shock to chew on wiring. But still,

Mandy, I don't know how to say this, and believe me it comes straight from the heart so please don't be insulted, but I think you're dog is just a little bit....nuts. That is all.

<<note the ellipses just for you!>>

I don't disagree. He's just a big ... huge ... enormous ... baby, really. He'll grow up eventually. But his size lets him get into a lot more trouble than a littler dog ever could in the meantime.

I came home today and he was SO super-excited to see me. Jumped all over me while I told him to sit. He tried so very, very hard to sit. So I petted him while he practiced sitting and I could feel him trembling for about a minute after. Physically he was just completely keyed up. He just isn't ready to control himself yet. He's learning. He really does try. He's just like my preschoolers.

Awww...and that's what makes all the grief worth it. There really isn't a more devoted love than that we get from our doggie babies.

It's touching when someone loves you so much they pee themselves when they see you. I mean, really. Not even DH loves me that much!

(He doesn't pee himself when he sees me anymore, but he did).

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    It's touching when someone loves you so much they pee themselves when they see you. I mean, really. Not even DH loves me that much!

(He doesn't pee himself when he sees me anymore, but he did).
    The first time i read this, I thought you meant your dh used to pee himself when he saw you

Hahahahahaaa! The way I read that it totally sounded like you were saying dh used to pee when he saw you. *Sigh* Hate when the honeymoon ends.

LOL! No, "he" referred to the puppy. Sorry!

But yes, the honeymoon phase has passed. LOL.

I had a funny mental image of your dh wiggling his hiney and springing a little leak. I think you're worth it.

LOL! I'm embarrassed enough to want to edit that part out, but if I do nobody else will understand why you are saying that. So I guess it shall stand!