Page 1439 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 439939133913891429143714381439144014411449 ... LastLast
Results 43,141 to 43,170 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Suja- have you ever read or used Magic123? Despite the name it is an easy and effective way to deal with behavior issues. Its helped me deal with some of JoJo's teenager behavior in the past few months. Worth a try at least.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I meant to say despite the silly name

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

My co-worker commented on how much better the 'cold sore' on the corner of my mouth looks It really does look better and no more pus/crusty-ness (I know gross)!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Ugh, I have a cold sore right now too! My second one in two weeks. I've been finding that if I attack it with abreva as soon as I start to feel it, it goes away much faster. I get mine IN my lips though, not on the edge on my skin. It's weird. The hurt like a mofo though.
    AKA Lisa724

Oh Lord, I hate cold sores! I used to get those things all the time but for some reason, it's been awhile since I've gotten one. That stuff that you put on from when you feel them tingling is good, though.

I don't think I've ever had one pre the 'never-ending cold sore' that I have now. I am so happy to start getting some relief from it. Maybe I can go back to taking BITES of stuff again soon

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    My co-worker commented on how much better the 'cold sore' on the corner of my mouth looks It really does look better and no more pus/crusty-ness (I know gross)!
    Good news!

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    Ugh, I have a cold sore right now too! My second one in two weeks. I've been finding that if I attack it with abreva as soon as I start to feel it, it goes away much faster. I get mine IN my lips though, not on the edge on my skin. It's weird. The hurt like a mofo though.
    I've started to suspect that when I use Abreva (or anything like it) it's almost always immediately followed by another cold sore. When I let them run their course, the whole painful, embarrassing 2 weeks, I tend to not get them again for at least 6 months, if not a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    I don't think I've ever had one pre the 'never-ending cold sore' that I have now. I am so happy to start getting some relief from it. Maybe I can go back to taking BITES of stuff again soon
    Didn't you say you doubted it was actually a cold sore, but something else?

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    I get them just inside my nose more than anywhere else and they hurt like crazy. Every time I move my upper lip it pulls on them and breaks the scab. So it just looks like I don't know how to use a tissue. On the lip has got to be crazy painful, though. Eating must be a bit tricky!

I'm super excited. I just ordered my new serger!!! I couldn't find parts for my old one anymore. I'm really hoping this one is as good as the reviews made it sound.

Ooh, that looks nice! Easy threading -- that would be a bonus. The threading on my serger makes me want to tear out my hair. But sergers are so awesome - hope you love yours!
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

I didn't even know what that was! I hope it's everything you hoped for and more.

Finally made a hair appointment for tomorrow morning. I haven't had one in over a year, and the hair is a giant mess. I have a client dinner tomorrow, which means that I have to do my hair anyway, so might as well have someone do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Finally made a hair appointment for tomorrow morning. I haven't had one in over a year, and the hair is a giant mess. I have a client dinner tomorrow, which means that I have to do my hair anyway, so might as well have someone do it for me.
    I haven't, either! Glad I'm not alone.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I think I'm going on 2 years without a haircut or trim. It's a mess, but it always is. If I kept up on 'trims' it would progressively get shorter and shorter. And I don't want short hair. Eventually, I'd be bald! My hair is so thin and fine. It breaks easy. I attempted Bridget's baking soda and occasional apple cider rinse for over a year and for a while that worked great, but then my hair started really feeling like straw and I couldn't get it balanced. It's just weird hair. I've accepted the fact that it will always look fried no matter what I do.

I am so incredibly lazy/apathetic when it comes to my hair. I used to try to do things with it, but it's so straight/flat/thin that I gave up about 10 years ago and just wear it in a pony tail or bun 90% of the time. I have DH cut it when it gets too heavy, but that's only about once or twice a year. Me doing my hair for a special occasion and putting a lot of effort in to it usually ends with me frustrated and french braiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I think I'm going on 2 years without a haircut or trim. It's a mess, but it always is. If I kept up on 'trims' it would progressively get shorter and shorter. And I don't want short hair. Eventually, I'd be bald! My hair is so thin and fine. It breaks easy. I attempted Bridget's baking soda and occasional apple cider rinse for over a year and for a while that worked great, but then my hair started really feeling like straw and I couldn't get it balanced. It's just weird hair. I've accepted the fact that it will always look fried no matter what I do.
    What's the baking soda and apple cider rinse?

OMG I love having my hair done. Mostly having someone else washing my hair....that feels so good and she kind of massages the scalp. I could fall asleep like that. I like going and chatting my stylist. I generally go every 7-8 weeks but I have bangs and I'm not capable to trimming them myself. When I lived back hom, my mom would trim them for me so I could go a bit less often. I get the ends trimmed too to keep it fresh but I tell her just a trim and she really does a trim, not a while inch every 7 weeks. I'm back to growing it out...it was about down to my butt back in Dec but I went to my shoulders and donated it for a wig for a local kid. I don't know if I can do that once I start coloring it so I'm glad I did it at least once. But maybe I can get another one in there.

I haven't been able to find a gel I like again...I used to curly but when it was really long the weight kept the curls to waves. I could do curls now but the gel I used to use changed. So I just try to keep it wavy and not mega poofy.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by EllyD14 View Post
    What's the baking soda and apple cider rinse?
    Just that. You use baking soda as shampoo (I kept a soap dish with cover, like you use for traveling) of baking soda in the shower. I'd get it a little wet and pasty and mix it near the scalp well. Use apple cider as a conditioner/cream rinse. Maybe I'll do a brief treatment. If I mix it up, maybe I can get my hair stronger so I can start trimming the dead off.

Quote Originally Posted by EllyD14 View Post
    I'm super excited. I just ordered my new serger!!! I couldn't find parts for my old one anymore. I'm really hoping this one is as good as the reviews made it sound.
    That is the one I was looking at before I ended up buying my Janome! I hope you love it.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Chrissy, I have found I need to switch back and forth between baking soda, acv rinse for a few months and then regular shampoo for a few months. I haven't had a real haircut in years, just been doing it myself. I think it's fun and since I have kind of a messy look, I feel like it doesn't really matter that much. lol. I could be kidding myself though. I even cut it with those kind of scissors with teeth - for the choppy look. I am sure hairdressers worldwide would approve of my methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I am sure hairdressers worldwide would approve of my methods.
    lol

I'm don't care if hairdressers worldwide approve of your methods. I do.

I'll swap them out then. Thanks. It really did feel great for months...and then it went to wires. I don't know why I didn't think to switch back. Probably because I don't have you here telling me how to take care of myself. lol

B...yours looks great in pictures! I have only two lengths...the bangs and the rest. So uneven really shows.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

My mil does my roots and trims my hair for me every 6 weeks. I don't know what I'll do when I have to start paying someone to do it. I'll probably end up learning to do it myself. I had bangs cut for the first time in 20 years a few months ago, and I really like them. They are high maintenance, though.

My hair is nuts. It's super curly and I really want it short but then it looks like a football helmet. I wear it up 90% of the time because I can't deal with it. I only get it cut by a hairdresser once a year or so. The rest of the time I have my mom do it or I just flip it upside down and trim it myself. You can't tell if I eff it up because it's SO curly. Both my kids have curly hair too.
    AKA Lisa724

Chrissy the treatment I've been using is for something called "Angular Chelitis". It says its a chronic condition that is associated with a fungal/bacterial infection, but it looks JUST like a cold sore and mine hasn't spread like it says they generally do, but the treatment is workin.... so we'll run with it

On that note, the concept of a funal infection on my face GAG!

I loathe my hair. It's thick, it's bouncy, it's red - BLAH..... I keep sucking it up and growing it out to donate since people seem to like my hair so much and I feel guilty so I rectify hating my hair by growing it out and donating it to someone else. I've worn it in a clip this entire year while it has been growing out. It's at the length I can cut it now, but I can't decide on a hair style. My face is so chunky I have a hard time finding a short cut that doesn't make me look like a pumpkin.

I had forgotten how light it feels to not have long hair. New hair dresser. Super nice, and I like that he did something that makes it look like I actually had a haircut. I'll go back for a trim in 8 weeks, if I like how it works for me. Otherwise, I'll grow it out a bit, and ask him to do something else next time.

Bridget, maybe you missed your calling there! I love your hairstyles, and am amazed that you can do it yourself.

Me too, Bridget has awesome hair!
    AKA Lisa724

I love going to get my hair cut and I'd love to go every couple of months, but lack of time sans kid and not wanting to spend the money keeps me going only once a year or so. I trim my own bangs when they start looking stupid, and just let the rest grow. My mom was telling me I should get highlights or something in my hair because it will make it seem fuller - my hair's been falling out for 6 months and it's really fine and thin now - but I just know I'd never be able to keep up with them and they'd grow out and look terrible. So I don't bother. I cut DD1's hair too and sometimes Noe's -- Noe loves going to the hairdresser, though, so I take her every few months. I trim her bangs in between trips. I've always dabbled in doing hair, but I just read a how-to book on family haircutting so now I'm eager to try out the techniques. I'd like to get better at it so I can cut everyone's hair. DH is pretty picky about his, though, and I'm not sure he'd let me near it. It's funny actually -- his is the shortest, yet he's more particular about it than any of us girls in the house. He's the only one who complains if he doesn't have his fancy shampoo and conditioner. The rest of us just use whatever. He fusses with a little hair product in the mornings, too. The rest of us just wash and go.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

I cut DH's hair, but it's just clippers so it's easy. Macie has only ever had her bangs trimmed, the rest is down to her butt when it's wet, but not nearly as long when it's dry. Asher has never had his cut.
    AKA Lisa724