Page 143 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 43931331411421431441451531932436431143 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess in just minutes I will know if I am having a scheduled c-section or if they will let me go into labor!!
    I'm sooooo rooting for you!!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

OMG, I forgot to tell you guys about what happened at work the other day. I went around to someone's desk who sits by this French girl. Well, I leaned/kinda sat near her desk and she turned to me, her eyes got really big and she put her hand on my tummy and went, "Is this what I think it is?" I threw her hand off me and said, "no, it's not! I haven't got my flat tummy back after having Travis."

I felt so disgusted with my body after that. I can't believe she thought I had a baby bump going on. The sad thing was, I got AF the very next day and I had been hoping that I was pregnant any how, so yeah, I hate my tummy. LOL. I will be getting back in to shape one of these days.

I confess in just minutes I will know if I am having a scheduled c-section or if they will let me go into labor!!
    It's been minutes! What's up?

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    OMG, I forgot to tell you guys about what happened at work the other day. I went around to someone's desk who sits by this French girl. Well, I leaned/kinda sat near her desk and she turned to me, her eyes got really big and she put her hand on my tummy and went, "Is this what I think it is?" I threw her hand off me and said, "no, it's not! I haven't got my flat tummy back after having Travis."

I felt so disgusted with my body after that. I can't believe she thought I had a baby bump going on. The sad thing was, I got AF the very next day and I had been hoping that I was pregnant any how, so yeah, I hate my tummy. LOL. I will be getting back in to shape one of these days.
    Ugh! I hate that!!!! I have had that happen a few times since the baby (and I even weigh less NOW than before I was pg) and it is so upsetting. I hope the French girl felt really guilty - maybe she will learn that you NEVER assume about pregnancy!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess BFN this morning. I'm pretty sure I'm just late because of work stress. But I did get my hopes up.

I confess my DH and my coworkers have been so cool today I *almost* forgot about it.

I confess I had a long angry meeting with a parent at the end of the day. Fortunately they weren't angry about me, but I was uncomfortable just being there.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess BFN this morning. I'm pretty sure I'm just late because of work stress. But I did get my hopes up.

I confess my DH and my coworkers have been so cool today I *almost* forgot about it.

I confess I had a long angry meeting with a parent at the end of the day. Fortunately they weren't angry about me, but I was uncomfortable just being there.
    Sorry Mandy

Anyone listen to Radio Lab podcasts? I just heard a recent one: "Parasites"! It was so amazingly entertaining, yucky and fascinating. There was an interesting story about how hookworms can be beneficial to their human hosts by calming the allergic response and curing allergies, asthma, IBS, MS, etc. And another story about how toxoplasmosis is actually able to control your mind (or at least affect your behavior).

I love that show. Sometimes they don't quite hit it, but sometimes they really, really do.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I'm sorry.

Mandy.

And what is this Radio Lab podcast? That sounds gross but fascinating

shutterbird Guest

I'm sorry! Are you going to test again in a few days? My BFP's NEVER showed up until a week or so after AF was due.

shutterbird Guest

I confess we bought a coffee pot this evening... and I hate coffee! I don't really care at this point because I NEED something to help wake me up in the morning. I walk around in a daze for hours and it's not fair for Lou!

shutterbird Guest

I also confess my baby is turning two next week and it's making me anxious! (Anxious because I'M NOT READY! Two seems like such a grown-up age. )

I hope her little cold (probably teething?) clears up so that we can do her pictures/zoo this weekend, but it looks like that's not going to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I'm sorry! Are you going to test again in a few days? My BFP's NEVER showed up until a week or so after AF was due.
    If I don't get AF in a few days, I'll keep testing.

Two is grown-up! Congrats!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I'm sorry. I hope you retest in a few days and get the BFP!

Travis is up at 6:20 this morning; he usually doesn't get up til 7....ugh, it just feels TOO early to be up.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    It's been minutes! What's up?
    The attending surgeon said we CAN schedule a c-section, BUT! not until I am 40 weeks...

So, We are hoping that I go into labor just a few days before my due date, otherwise baby #2 will be here via C-section on October 19!

I'm a Radio Lab ADDICT (www.radiolab.org, or download via iTunes for newbies).

Its not always gross, just sometimes. The parasites one was very gross (but not in a bad way). I agree that not *every* show is amazing (I wasn't nuts about the After Life one, nor Laughter) but some of them are INSANELY good. I've mentioned it a couple of times on here, and elsewhere because I'm always trying to get everyone into it. The shows Emergence, Deception, and Morality are some of my favourites. But I have a lot of favourites. Oh, like Choice. And Placebo. And more of them. I think I'm going to listen to one of them again right now. Yay!
    Norah! (3 yr)

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I knew about the parasites--we actually have a patient who went to Mexico to get "wormed" and we can see them when we do exams. Nothing else worked on him, but he's doing much better now. And the personality/behavior changes associated with Toxoplasmosis are fascinating. It's theorized that it may have effects on the cultural level when many people are infected.

Silverstar, I'm sorry your belly got anything less than praise and privacy. People are clueless. She's probably feeling just as bad as you are, though. After being on APA for so long, I don't mention anything unless someone looks at least six months pregnant, and even then I try to phrase things carefully in case she just gave birth.

Mandy, I'm hoping you will get a bfp on your next test. I'm sorry it was negative on your birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Ahhh, that makes sense. I guess I just take it very "at face value" as something intentionally ridiculous and ironic to chuckle about and move on. I can see how it's disrespectful, and it's definitely a fine line between being hurtful and trying to get people to see just how many gods there have been (a la your post) and how "out there" some of them have been (and the God of mainstream Christians is pretty tame compared to some others).
    ITA

Me too - with both pregnancies it took me a while to get a BFP. It was easier to wait longer and NOT test, that to see that angry little stick tell me no.

The attending surgeon said we CAN schedule a c-section, BUT! not until I am 40 weeks...

So, We are hoping that I go into labor just a few days before my due date, otherwise baby #2 will be here via C-section on October 19!
    Hey, that's mine and Tred's wedding anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Silverstar, I'm sorry your belly got anything less than praise and privacy. People are clueless. She's probably feeling just as bad as you are, though. After being on APA for so long, I don't mention anything unless someone looks at least six months pregnant, and even then I try to phrase things carefully in case she just gave birth.
    Ditto this. I feel I have a pretty good eye for what's baby bump and what's not, but I still keep my mouth shut. I can't imagine putting my foot in my mouth like that.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Ditto this. I feel I have a pretty good eye for what's baby bump and what's not, but I still keep my mouth shut. I can't imagine putting my foot in my mouth like that.
    You know, same here... I just can't bring myself to assume something without knowing the background info, possibly insulting or hurting someone in the process. Not to mention that I personally hate attention, and I'm dreading the fast approaching days of random strangers coming up to me in stores, asking intimate details and touching my belly without permission.

But of course, you can never win. There was just a response in another thread (about insensitive comments) that was very upset about the non commenting because she felt ignored, etc. Sigh.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Ahoy ye mateys, today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Ahoy ye mateys, today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

I had no idea! That's fantastic. Arrrrrrrgh!

My high school mascot was the Pirates and according to our fight song the offical pirate yell is "Os-kee-wow!!!"
    "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Har Har, den, me mateys! Let's walk dem planks!

Kim! I love your new signature picture. It's so hard to believe she's two! She is such a beautiful young lady.

Aww Maggie and Lydia I your siggy
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

25. Default

I confess -- I feel like a total douche for the text I sent Alisha about her ticker.. lol

I confess Audri and I are sick... I've now puked 4 times, Audri - 6.

I confess I forgot that I had eaten anything between the last time I puked, and the time before. I had red jello.

I confess that it scared the sh!t outta me to puke up red... til I remembered the jello

shutterbird Guest

Kim! I love your new signature picture. It's so hard to believe she's two! She is such a beautiful young lady.
    Thanks Lydia! I know... her birthday is on Wednesday and I've been nostalgic and grumpy about it all weekend. It's definitely bittersweet, but I'm sure you understand that... x2!

OMG Kim. She's stunning. Such a princess!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

I confess -- I feel like a total douche for the text I sent Alisha about her ticker.. lol

I confess Audri and I are sick... I've now puked 4 times, Audri - 6.

I confess I forgot that I had eaten anything between the last time I puked, and the time before. I had red jello.

I confess that it scared the sh!t outta me to puke up red... til I remembered the jello

It was my bad
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

shutterbird Guest

I confess I have the biggest URGE right now to bring somebody out. But I'm not, because I don't want to be "spanked" again.

I confess I have the biggest URGE right now to bring somebody out. But I'm not, because I don't want to be "spanked" again.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;