Page 142 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 42921321401411421431441521922426421142 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,260 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess very nice.

I confess I just went to Target and bought a box of tests for tomorrow am.
    Fingers and toes crossed!!!

shutterbird Guest

I confess between our talk last night, my productiveness today, and my workout this evening, I'm feeling really good. TONS better than I have these past few months. I just hope it stays this way.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess between our talk last night, my productiveness today, and my workout this evening, I'm feeling really good. TONS better than I have these past few months. I just hope it stays this way.
    Yay for feeling good again.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Aw. I think that's kind of mean. My MIL said something like this to my mom once and she was really hurt. I'm sorry. I don't mean to start anything. I didn't even see the OP so I'm not sure of the context. I just don't like to see these blanket statements from any stance. It's just not accurate.
    The original post was was a christian member asking secular members why we left the church -- then upon several answers that member got evangelical on us and took the thread too far so it got deleted. I had also added in the beginning of my post to beware that I was in a uncensoring mood that day. And from my stance, this is how I feel/think/believe and it is an accurate statement for me.

Okay, I knew posting my reply was a bad idea. Subject over.

I confess I'm mad I missed Seneca's original post.

I also confess, I saw the thread and knew it was going to turn evangelical before it even had any responses which is why I didn't respond to it.

Erin

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SenecaGirl View Post
    The original post was was a christian member asking secular members why we left the church -- then upon several answers that member got evangelical on us and took the thread too far so it got deleted. I had also added in the beginning of my post to beware that I was in a uncensoring mood that day. And from my stance, this is how I feel/think/believe and it is an accurate statement for me.

Ah, don't be offended! You've a right to your own thoughts and I'm glad you spoke up in that post.

I confess that my butt hurts from sitting on this bar stool in front of this laptop since I got home from work. Oh, minus the 30 minutes or so I was in the bedroom.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

8. Default

I confess I love the term "mushy gushy"...

I confess I have my 35 week appointment tomorrow! EEKS! 35 weeks already!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that my butt hurts from sitting on this bar stool in front of this laptop since I got home from work. Oh, minus the 30 minutes or so I was in the bedroom.
    Woohoo! Go you! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I love the term "mushy gushy"...

I confess I have my 35 week appointment tomorrow! EEKS! 35 weeks already!?!?!?!
    I can't believe it either!

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess very nice.

I confess I just went to Target and bought a box of tests for tomorrow am.
    Ooo, good luck!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Happy birthday Mandy! And good luck!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess that I don't like the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I realize it's a satirical protest of intelligent design, and I have friends who are really into it and there are more little Spaghetti Monster magnets on cars than Jesus Fish around here, but I still don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by SenecaGirl View Post

I confess it was obvious to me that she was trying to convert all of us non belivers, she was NOT simply asking a question. It turned into...."well, if you read the bible and do your research you'd think otherwise". She was baiting us, not asking a simple question. The outcome would've been completely different had the topic stayed the way she originally intended it to!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

I confess you are all awesome.

Happy Birthday Mandy!

And yay Janeen on the trailer!

And hugs to Erin and all the girls with DH troubles. I wish I had a bunch of magic answers for you all.

Bridget, I agree with... bah, who said that saying you want to confess something about your feelings about your mom is a first step? Anyhow, if you feel the need to confess later on (or to confess and erase, which actually helps, since you type it, see it on screen, and get it partially out of your system) please feel free

Seneca, while I don't agree completely with your answer, I can totally see it. Kinda like Cake's "Sheep Go to Heaven Goats Go to Hell" video. It is VERY easy/tempting to become a sheep in a mass congregation type setting.

I confess that for the first couple of decades of my life, I was sort of spoiled when it comes to how the world around me was. Not in terms of money/social standing, but in terms of philosophy, diversity, etc. I took part in so many psych and sociology experiments in college, not to mention countless discussions on religion, etc and not a single one became a moment for evangelization. I mean, even an informal survey online, for a research paper, seems to require (and benefit from!) objectivity on the part of the survey giver.

Oh and Lydia, out of sheer curiosity, what is it about the FSM that you don't like? And yes, San Francisco has been the only place I've been so far that I've seen the FSM stickers/magnets
    Last edited by WillowSpy; 09-17-2009 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    She does look a whole lot like him, but just wait a while and she'll probably end up like you. Elle used to be a spitting image of DH until just a few months ago, when she was like 8-9 months she started looking like me. It was weird but she is pretty much the clone of my baby pics now, which is really weird, but I'm happy about it because I was worried about her. DH is a nice looking man but I don't think it would translate well on a woman.

Erin
    I hope so, but everyone says DF Evie looks like DF if he were a girl
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

I've never heard of the flying spaghetti monster until I came to APA. Am I missing something???

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess add me to the list of happily-marrieds. And it has nothing to do with me being laid-back. I'm an in-charge, assertive person. Luckily, dh has no problem with me being in charge most of the time, since I'm more organized and don't procrastinate. We try to separate our jobs according to our talents, and household and financial management is more my strength and interest than his.

We were best friends before we got married. We've lived together, first as a couple, then just as roommates/friends, and finally as a couple again for more than 10 years. We know each other so well, and we're so similar in many ways, that we know what the other one is thinking half the time. But we are still interesting to each other, and try to keep reading and learning and discussing new things so that we can have more interesting conversations than just what the kids are doing.

Being on APA makes me realize again, every day, just how wonderful he is. And I tell him that. I am so sorry for all the women out there who don't have a supportive, helpful dh. People in relationships should treat each other with courtesy and respect.
    Lydia, this is us too. I am much more numbers oriented so finances and household management are something I take care of. I don't expect him to to get involved cause it's just my area. I often worry what he would do if something happened to me - I don't know if he even knows how to log into our online banking site!

We often either finish each others sentences, or one of us will say something and the other will say "I was just about to say that!". It always gives us warm fuzzy feelings and brings a smile to both our faces.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess that I don't like the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I realize it's a satirical protest of intelligent design, and I have friends who are really into it and there are more little Spaghetti Monster magnets on cars than Jesus Fish around here, but I still don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Oh and Lydia, out of sheer curiosity, what is it about the FSM that you don't like? And yes, San Francisco has been the only place I've been so far that I've seen the FSM stickers/magnets
    Agatha - you got to it before I did.

I confess I'm also very curious as to why you don't like FSM, Lydia. Is it something you can put into words?
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess like clockwork EVERY morning...it interchanges sometimes...one goes before the other but I confess EVERY morning my two stinkybutts toot one right after the other. DF stretched and one ripped then Evie stretch and omgoodness it was loud

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    I confess like clockwork EVERY morning...it interchanges sometimes...one goes before the other but I confess EVERY morning my two stinkybutts toot one right after the other. DF stretched and one ripped then Evie stretch and omgoodness it was loud

UGH I know how you feel! I have the nastiest people ALIVE!!! Seriously. All of them. They're all gross. And the girls SMELL just as nasty as their daddy!!

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    UGH I know how you feel! I have the nastiest people ALIVE!!! Seriously. All of them. They're all gross. And the girls SMELL just as nasty as their daddy!!
    Oh I know! I feel like kicking them both out of the bed sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    That reminds me, I have always thought it odd that Tred's parents pray before almost every dinner. And if family is together for it, we all hold hands around the table (I have no idea if they do when it's just the two of them).

But no prayer is ever said for breakfast, or for lunch. So . . . what? God only provides dinner and you're on your own for the rest of your meals?
    I guess breakfast and lunch don't count!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Is it that Robert that everyone is swooning over in those vampire books? LOL

Hey bean!

I confess I am watching WWE wrestling...my guilty pleasure!
    UGH I am completely overwhelmed by all the wrestling watching in my house. Seriously. He watches RAW, smackdown, ECW, and TNA. Four days per week that wrestling is on! And they're ALL two hour long shows! I watch, but it's so overwhelming! When we first got together he only watched RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by heartmyboyz View Post
    Ok. I have a crush on someone I shouldn't. I'm a dork.
    I'm so confused about this. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    Oh I know! I feel like kicking them both out of the bed sometimes!
    Just kick DH out. It's his fault she's so nasty! LOL

Big-E, wrestling is just a better form of a soap opera than All my Children and shows like that....just embrace it...and enjoy the big, sweaty men!

I confess I've had a really fun day today with Travis and my in-laws. I wouldn't be so happy so far away from "home" if I didn't have such great family here in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Big-E, wrestling is just a better form of a soap opera than All my Children and shows like that....just embrace it...and enjoy the big, sweaty men!

I confess I've had a really fun day today with Travis and my in-laws. I wouldn't be so happy so far away from "home" if I didn't have such great family here in the UK.

Well, i've definitely embraced it. 7 years ago, before we had our DVR and when he worked midnights I taped RAW for him every week. So, by me taping it, that meant I had to WATCH it too. LOL. I got really addicted to it back then. I still watch RAW "religiously", but the others just drive me insane! LOL. I love soap operas though! Well, days of our lives anyway.

I don't either. I think it is kind of disrespectful of other people's choices. I understand why it might be funny or fun, but I also feel that it sets up an antagonism that makes communication impossible.

And I don't like being touched by unknown noodles.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I don't either. I think it is kind of disrespectful of other people's choices. I understand why it might be funny or fun, but I also feel that it sets up an antagonism that makes communication impossible.

And I don't like being touched by unknown noodles.
    Yes, this is it. It also seems that a lot of atheists get WAY into it, with the talk of worshipping and being touched by it. Since it's not true, it seems like it's making fun of others rather than just having fun. I'm a big fan of irony in general, but the FSM just seems overdone and a little mean and kind of ridiculous. I know the ridiculousness is intentional, but still....

And I don't like the way it looks.

Yes, this is it. It also seems that a lot of atheists get WAY into it, with the talk of worshipping and being touched by it. Since it's not true, it seems like it's making fun of others rather than just having fun. I'm a big fan of irony in general, but the FSM just seems overdone and a little mean and kind of ridiculous. I know the ridiculousness is intentional, but still....

And I don't like the way it looks.
    Ahhh, that makes sense. I guess I just take it very "at face value" as something intentionally ridiculous and ironic to chuckle about and move on. I can see how it's disrespectful, and it's definitely a fine line between being hurtful and trying to get people to see just how many gods there have been (a la your post) and how "out there" some of them have been (and the God of mainstream Christians is pretty tame compared to some others).

29. Default

I confess in just minutes I will know if I am having a scheduled c-section or if they will let me go into labor!!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess in just minutes I will know if I am having a scheduled c-section or if they will let me go into labor!!
    Good luck!!!