Page 140 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130138139140141142 150 190 240 640 1140 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,200 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Yeah, we like staying home too, but I think he feels like we're too distant...we can be on our computers side by side absorbed in our own thing and not talk to each other all night.
    Can you play a board game? We LOVE board games. Yahtzee, scattergories, life. We get good and tipsy and play a board game. Makes for great conversation!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

Haha, yeah, we could probably have fun playing games if we were drunk. It seems like the only time we can open up to each other too. Of course it usually ends with me crying and DH not remembering anything we talked about (he's a lightweight--or thinks he is anyway--he starts acting tipsy halfway through his first drink)

Haha, yeah, we could probably have fun playing games if we were drunk. It seems like the only time we can open up to each other too. Of course it usually ends with me crying and DH not remembering anything we talked about (he's a lightweight--or thinks he is anyway--he starts acting tipsy halfway through his first drink)
    AW that's no good! Dang it! So, give him virgin drinks, and make yours a little on the lighter side! It's hard to get the communication ball rolling!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Add us to the list of overly happy married saps. I think being in a long distance relationship for a year before we could be together every single day has made us cherish every single minute we have together. DH and I work at the same place and have lunch together nearly every single day. I always get asked if I ever get tired of him...and my answer is always no!
    Us too! Work in the same office, have lunch every day, send IM messages to each other. No one understands it at all!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Tell me about it! I think we need to do something fun tonight though.

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    For us, we have fun doing NOTHING. We'd both rather sit at home and chill out alone than do anything else. I think it works so well because it's the way we both are. Neither of us want other friends, and neither of us want to go do stuff. APA is a part of my life, he knows it. He knows more about APA girls than he probably should.
    Sounds like us, too. We're admittedly a family of hobbits.

Tell me about it! I think we need to do something fun tonight though.
    Good luck!! Have fun! No matter what it is

I used to love it when he'd call to say hi. Now it just seems inconvenient. LOL
    I remember he'd call when Josh was a newborn, and you know how with newborns you're always feeding, bathing, changing, or letting them sleep--well I'd be in the middle of something every time he called and it's just been that way ever since. I think that's when it started getting annoying.

Anyway I'm really sorry I've been hogging the thread--please continue LOL

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    Can you play a board game? We LOVE board games. Yahtzee, scattergories, life. We get good and tipsy and play a board game. Makes for great conversation!
    This is us too! We have a scrabble tourney that's been going on for years!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    This is us too! We have a scrabble tourney that's been going on for years!
    LOL we have an ongoing yahtzee game! We've been adding to our scores for about 6 years! I'm WAY in the lead. He's a sore loser!

I used to love it when he'd call to say hi. Now it just seems inconvenient. LOL
    I remember he'd call when Josh was a newborn, and you know how with newborns you're always feeding, bathing, changing, or letting them sleep--well I'd be in the middle of something every time he called and it's just been that way ever since. I think that's when it started getting annoying.
    Well, yeah! That WOULD be annoying! DH hardly ever calls, but we email back and forth all day. Much more convenient, because he's not waking the baby up from a nap with the phone ringing, and he got sick of me letting it ring and ring because I turn the ringer OFF during the day. LOL.

13. Default

I confess it makes me happy to see how many of you ladies are so happy with your DH's...

I confess I just created a Facebook page and I'm completely overwhelmed.

Well I am not married yet but I can say we are pretty happy and have yet to have an argument.

Df says it is cause we are both too lazy to argue
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

16. Default

I confess it still amazes me how much Evie looks like her daddy!! Im used to it being the other way around! I still hear it all the time when strangers talk to Audrianna - "You look just like your mommy!"

I confess today was the FIRST day in this whole pregnancy that I was unable to button my jeans.

I confess I don't know if it was because my tummy is getting bigger, or because I had just pulled them out of the dryer......

I confess that I have a confession about this feeling I have about my mom that I'm hesitant to post because it's such a strange thing for me to think. I keep pushing aside and it keeps coming back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess it still amazes me how much Evie looks like her daddy!! Im used to it being the other way around! I still hear it all the time when strangers talk to Audrianna - "You look just like your mommy!"

I confess today was the FIRST day in this whole pregnancy that I was unable to button my jeans.

I confess I don't know if it was because my tummy is getting bigger, or because I had just pulled them out of the dryer......
    I know I am so jealous
    I need to have another one to see if it would look like me instead!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    I know I am so jealous
    I need to have another one to see if it would look like me instead!
    She does look a whole lot like him, but just wait a while and she'll probably end up like you. Elle used to be a spitting image of DH until just a few months ago, when she was like 8-9 months she started looking like me. It was weird but she is pretty much the clone of my baby pics now, which is really weird, but I'm happy about it because I was worried about her. DH is a nice looking man but I don't think it would translate well on a woman.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that I have a confession about this feeling I have about my mom that I'm hesitant to post because it's such a strange thing for me to think. I keep pushing aside and it keeps coming back to me.

I think you confessing that you have these feelings is a start to letting someone hear them. Wait... Did that make sense? Like part of you wants to let it out. I say start a post, preview it, and then see what happens. If you want to let it out hit submit, otherwise don't.
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by heartmyboyz View Post

I think you confessing that you have these feelings is a start to letting someone hear them. Wait... Did that make sense? Like part of you wants to let it out. I say start a post, preview it, and then see what happens. If you want to let it out hit submit, otherwise don't.
    That's a great idea.

I also confess it's so nice to see that so many of you get along so well with your DHs. Mine gets on my nerves and drives me crazy. He is extremely hard to get along with and I know that eventually I'll get sick of him and divorce him. I know that's horrible, but really, I just have a feeling it's going to happen. I've told him this, but I think he thinks I'm joking. It's also sad that I kind of look forward to the day when he works my last nerve so I can leave. That is just horrible, and I don't feel like this most of the time, but it deep within me and I know that eventually it will happen since most of the time he would rather hang out with his guy friends than us. He does stay home more than he used to but always looks unhappy and so I feel that when I get sick of him he'll probably be better off since he'll be able to go hang out at bars and over his guys' houses again without me giving him dirty looks.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I also confess it's so nice to see that so many of you get along so well with your DHs. Mine gets on my nerves and drives me crazy. He is extremely hard to get along with and I know that eventually I'll get sick of him and divorce him. I know that's horrible, but really, I just have a feeling it's going to happen. I've told him this, but I think he thinks I'm joking. It's also sad that I kind of look forward to the day when he works my last nerve so I can leave. That is just horrible, and I don't feel like this most of the time, but it deep within me and I know that eventually it will happen since most of the time he would rather hang out with his guy friends than us. He does stay home more than he used to but always looks unhappy and so I feel that when I get sick of him he'll probably be better off since he'll be able to go hang out at bars and over his guys' houses again without me giving him dirty looks.

Erin
    Wow. That's totally where I was just a few weeks ago. I got this new (old really) car and it has rinkindled something between us. It's strange that it went down that way but it did. Now he still hangs out with his friends EVERYDAY, but he does it here in the garage. But I still wonder if we will go back to the old, comfortable hating each other ways, and I'll start wanting for him to push me to just give up. Honestly, I hope not. When we work we really work.

Now I have a special place for my car.
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

I confess that DH told me out of nowhere today that he has 2/3 of the down payment for a mobile home saved up already.

How in the heck he did this is beyond me but hey, he's the money man!

I confess that we may be going to look at mobile homes to buy this weekend.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess add me to the list of happily-marrieds. And it has nothing to do with me being laid-back. I'm an in-charge, assertive person. Luckily, dh has no problem with me being in charge most of the time, since I'm more organized and don't procrastinate. We try to separate our jobs according to our talents, and household and financial management is more my strength and interest than his.

We were best friends before we got married. We've lived together, first as a couple, then just as roommates/friends, and finally as a couple again for more than 10 years. We know each other so well, and we're so similar in many ways, that we know what the other one is thinking half the time. But we are still interesting to each other, and try to keep reading and learning and discussing new things so that we can have more interesting conversations than just what the kids are doing.

Being on APA makes me realize again, every day, just how wonderful he is. And I tell him that. I am so sorry for all the women out there who don't have a supportive, helpful dh. People in relationships should treat each other with courtesy and respect.

Interesting to read all this conversation while I was gone!

DH really is my best friend. I can be a very difficult person to live with day in and day out, and he has managed to do it for this long. I can only be appreciative that he can do that.

However, he can be just as difficult. I think we both know that about ourselves and that adds to how much we appreciate each other. When things are good between us, they're great, and there is no one I would rather be with.

Last night ... not so good. But I still him.

I guess different couples have different temperaments.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I confess I'm on CD 36 and still haven't tested. I'm scared to.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I confess i'm so sorry to hear about your DH issues, ladies. Ky's mom, that stinks! I really hope you can get to a different place with him. I know you've said before you're up and down sometimes with him. And honestly, if DH looked miserable because he had to stay home with us, i'd rather him be gone too. That's just not cool. Makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess I'm on CD 36 and still haven't tested. I'm scared to.
    POAS!! POAS!!! Sorry, i'm a POAS pusher!

Janeen that's wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!