Page 1362 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 36286212621312135213601361136213631364137214121462 ... LastLast
Results 40,831 to 40,860 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

One more day, if anyone is interested! http://deals.mamapedia.com/deals/the...club-april2013
    I bought a few kits last year off someone on my waldorf second hand supply board and was happy with them.

Ook, I just can't justify spending on that today. It's so tempting, but Bodhi very possibly may have moved on before it even gets to us in the mail. I did just discover The Magic Schoolbus website, and so I feel like I just found another outlet for Bodhi to indulge his cute little obsession.

Bridget, this site is totally "How to File A Complaint 101", but I wonder if there's anything here that can help you.

The only other thing that comes to mind is maybe you could find someone to talk to in the media. We have these Consumer Watchdog segments on our local news, and - well, you're not a consumer in this case, but someone who needs an advocate in kind of the same way, so - maybe they have them where you live too?

I would like to share that the ridiculously loud snoring emanating from my bedroom is not coming from my husband. It's my Rottweiler. Snoring loudly enough to wake the neighborhood.

And shouldn't he wake up when I make noise coming to bed? He's supposed to be a guard dog. I don't buy you all that food for nothing. Earn your keep, dog.

And now DH is snoring, too. He's right next to me, and puppy is in his crate on the other side of the room. Puppy is so loud I can barely hear DH.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Oh no! Earplugs! lol

B I'm sorry your still dealing with that mess, it is ridiculous

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I'm sorry Bridget, I wish I had advice for you.

Speaking of noisy dogs, Bo scared the crap out of me last night. He was being restless in his crate when we'd all gone to bed (he sleeps in our room again, I forget if I told you we moved him out of Josh's room) and he was rustling around and he made this awful moaning sound. It sounded like an old man's ghost would. LOL

Bridget I vote for congress critter too. http://legis.wisconsin.gov/Pages/Waml.aspx

Actually my parents went this route when they were having issues with Sallie Mae. They have plus loans for my sister and me and sallie mae was pulling all sorts of shady stuff and they were getting NOWHERE calling them daily. Ended up getting routed overseas to people who obviously had only scripted answers. They were getting ready to contact a news station in Milwaukee on this problem.
    But contacting their state senator (for them it was Wirch) was extremely helpful. His office was able to get through to someone at Sallie Mae in the states and they knew exactly who to talk to and the problem got fixed quickly.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Hey ladies! Kate, I laughed about the old man moan. But if I'd have heard it, I'd probably have grabbed a baseball bat before it occured to me what the noise was. I get really spooked at night.

Last night I sent an email to my certifier letting her know the details of what is happening. She called me this morning and said she walked downstairs to the office and told them she wanted it done now and and what do you know it was magically done by the end of the day. The authorization that is, I'm not holding my breath for the check. Anyway, she was very apologetic but I told her that after the summer I'm done and not ever dealing with this agency again. Also that I am not going to let this go. I mean, that superervisor told me that K wasn't working the hours she was bringing her kids to daycare and that was why they couldn't authorized. She lied. My certifier said she looked through the files and that there was never any discrepency or question of K's hours. I told her you know that means that women, a social worker, violated K's privacy by giving me that information but then to find out it wasn't even true? And had K and I not already established a trusting relationship, it would have affected the parent-caregiver trust and that is so important! I said I really thought that woman broke, if not a law, then an ethics code by doing that. She was silent for a moment before she said she completely agrees. Funny how they did in 3 hours what I've been waiting 4 weeks for.

I hope they surprise you and get your check to you fast.

I'm in training today, tomorrow, and Thursday. And then I'll be traveling. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up. But I'll peek in each night if I can.

Training is killing me. I'm home utterly exhausted and feeling completely overwhelmed with everything I have to do before Friday. There's something about listening to one voice drone on and on and on...it wears me out. For all the yack yack the instructor does, it feels like our 'lab' time is just 5 minutes (although, it's supposed to be 50% of the time). I do better with the hands on stuff.

One funny thing I noted...I'm in training with Ted who is my system administrator. Faye gets on his case sometimes for treating us women like we're his administrative assistants. The instructor shared a really cool tool that's free from Microsoft that we can utilize to see what we have on our network and he looked over at me and made motions to jot it down. I did and I laughed to myself. It doesn't bother me, but if he'd had done that to Faye I think she would have lit into him in front of everyone.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I'm seeing that you ladies are dog lovers. Is it normal to crate them in a bedroom? I crate mine downstairs. But I openly admit I don't like dogs and wish my ex would have taken the dogs with. I would probably like them more if they were housebroken.

Today has been kinda a crazy day and I'm exhausted. I wish I had a nanny so I could get a nap in.

to all the ladies here that need them.

Well at least you have progress Bridget!

Cama....My dogs are my babies so I'm not the best source. but mine sleep in my bed. Sometimes the older one will go sleep on the futon in the office but that is just her. I only crate the little one when she needs a timeout for being bratty and whiny and not listening.....or when we are not home. And we did crate her in our bedroom when we were sleeping. When we leave it's usually in the living room.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I crate Puppy in the bedroom so he gets used to being part of the family. When he is older and we can trust him unsupervised he will sleep on a dog bed in our room. I think we will draw the line at a Rottweiler in the bed. My retriever who is now passed slept in bed with us and I miss cuddling with him, but he took up half the bed. My mixed breed sleeps where she likes but prefers to be near the puppy.

And yeah, they are my kids so they're part of the family. Housebreaking was step one, though.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 04-30-2013 at 07:14 PM.

I know people that crate their dogs in a separate area. They all seem to drape blankets over them and make like a den for them and the dogs seem happy enough. In fact, they'll often go in their own crate throughout the day for a break or nap.

Puppy does this. In fact, when he is up to no good he will take something (usually one of DH's socks) and go in his pen to chew on it.

I'm running around like a nut. Making lists, looking for my camera & SD card....and Conner is throwing a hissy fit about everything!!! I'm 1/2 tempted to call Rich and ask him to come get him, but I can't. I won't get another night with him till after my trip.

Ugh---WHY do they have to act up when we have things to do??!!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I'm running around like a nut. Making lists, looking for my camera & SD card....and Conner is throwing a hissy fit about everything!!! I'm 1/2 tempted to call Rich and ask him to come get him, but I can't. I won't get another night with him till after my trip.

Ugh---WHY do they have to act up when we have things to do??!!
    It's like Parker knows I'd like to get things done around the house today! He's been suuuuper fussy today. I'm stuck between wanting to cry cause my house isn't clean and wanting to cry cause he's getting bigger, I'm sure this is a growth spurt.

He's 12 weeks today. He has a doctors appt tomorrow to see how his weight is. If he gained enough I might be able to stop fortifying pumped milk and start nursing more. That would be so amazing. Maybe I could even like find a boyfriend instead of carrying on this exclusive relationship with my pump. Hahaha.

Cameron is very jealous of Parker and has been acting out horribly. That paired with my ex walking away has sent her into a spiral of awful behavior. I'm trying to accommodate her and Parker's needs and I'm getting tired. Very tired. I didn't even leave today for my aunts wake since I can barely stay awake. Let alone drive for hours with the kids. I'm on my phone and don't have the smilies box... Insert flag wavin guy here!

We're all a mess in here lately. It sucks.

Hi all. I finally got my internet back working. After cursing AT&T and actually calling Comcast and being willing to shell out $50 a month for internet (which is a CRAZY consideration for me being that it takes a lot for me to pay the $19.99 per month to AT&T) they finally dispatched someone to my house and all my cursing under my breath about them was for naught since our dear dog Bruno chewed up the phone/internet cords outside. The tech guy was really nice and since I am such a people person and chatted him up the whole time, he didn't charge me to re-wire our lines. See...and DH says I talk too much most of the time, I told him it does come in handy.

Erin

ERIN!!!!! I've missed you! I've been thinking about you & wondering how you're doing! You're such a hoot! I'm glad your chattiness saved you some $$ You rock!

Yes, I have missed you all. Even when my aunt was staying with us and I didn't have much time to type, I still kept up with my lurking, but since the internet was down for over a week, I haven't "seen" you all in a while. I hope everyone is doing okay.

We are having some great weather this week and I am still battling with killing my grass. I don't know if I shared that I am going to seed us a new lawn of bermuda grass and when I was going to do it last month, the dirt guy (guy I'm buying some dirt from, who-da-thunk that one could buy a truckload of dirt!) said I should wait until the temps are consistently 75 to 80 degrees since bermuda grass is a tropical sort of grass and won't grow if it is under 75 degrees. So I had already killed the previous lawn, which was practically all weeds and have had to wait until it warmed up since we are actually having a regular spring this year (this time last year it was 90+ degrees so I am happy about the 60s/70s we have been having since I hate sweltering and feeling like I am burning in hell, which some people I know and probably some lurkers may think I should be doing or may be doing in the future). Anyway, the neverending weeds have grown back so I have spots of dead grass and green weeds and it looks really ridiculous in my front yard with the crazy grass, but beautiful flowers since my irises, roses, gerbera daisies, clematis, and daylilies are showing themselves off amidst the mess of grass. We are going to hack up all the weeds this weekend, probably Friday either with a shovel or a sod cutter, then DH will till the yard and then I'll have the dirt guy drop off 18 tons of dirt in the yard next week while I'm at work. Hopefully the grass will grow after all this anticipation.

Erin

Dirt guy Actually, I knew you could buy dirt by a truckload but I've never heard of a dirt-guy before. Love it!

You should take some before pics for our amusement.

Mandy yeah I wouldn't want your big boy in the bed! I can barely tolerate my smaller two in the bed and I rarely sleep with DH since he's on a different shift. My parents two dogs have blankets draped over their kennels but they are still in the bedroom. Dogs are pack animals and most like to be around their families. Molly will go and nap in her kennel on her own....which is mostly kept in the living room because that is where the action is. Poor thing I think needs a bigger kennel but she seems to like it. She got slightly bigger than we thought she would.

Cama....can you find new homes for the dogs? Seems like they aren't really yours and you have your hands full. I just cannot imagine trying to housebreak and have a baby at the same time. We specifically got Molly when we did because I figured that we would have her trained before a baby came home with us. She was a LOT of work for a good six months or so with potty training and teething. Good news was that she kept me really busy and the made my first year waiting go by fairly quickly.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

ERIN!!! so glad you're back. I'll tell Puppy to have a word with Bruno about chewing up your Internet cord.

Hi Erin! Ugggg trying to grow grass. We moved in June of 2010. Here it is three years later and my lawn still sucks. We tried a lawn service, we tried doing it ourselves. Just a patchy mess and it doesn't help the guy next door is retired and picks weeds by hand so his lawn looks great. We started doing well last year....then it basically didn't rain all summer and we eventually gave up watering. I need a dirt guy. Our dirt is mostly sand so the water filters through too fast.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I need a dirt guy.
    Words you probably never thought you'd say

We're thinking of covering our yard with rocks. Right now it looks like ... Well ... Dirt. Sad thing is, a truckload of rocks is expensive!

We got Bo in Feb. 2012. The first night we had him we put him in a crate in the mudroom downstairs and tried to go to bed. He barked and howled (he's a beagle) so much we looked online and said it was common for beagles and to try crating him in the bedroom. It worked like a charm. We keep him in a crate because he can't be trusted on the loose by himself. He likes to get into things and chew them.
    Welcome back Erin!

I know a rock guy too Mandy lol. Rocks are much more expensive. Luckily here everything is pretty cheap IMO. The truckload of dirt is going to only set us back $80 which is pretty good IMO for the amount of dirt we are getting.

I actually think it is easier to grow dirt up north than it is here due to us having such intense summers. I have bought some rain barrels as we usually get a good drenching a few times a week for 10 minutes each but it rains buckets during those 10 minute spells and I don't want to waste our precious $100 a month water (which will go up to $200-$400 a month if I water the yard with it) on grass so I got bermuda seed since it doesn't require as much water as fescue and especially bluegrass, which is VERY hard to sustain here. DH spent a ton of money on sod a few years back and I told him not to get it, he got a fescue that looked like bluegrass, which is my favorite grass so it was very beautiful for about a month until it died under the sweltering sun.

I always usually pick weeds by hand. Once we get the grass established, I will pick all the weeds by hand. Bermuda grass is a different green than weeds down here so it will be easy to to see them. The dirt guy said the kind of grass seed I bought should sprout within 10 days and we should have a lawn within a month as long as we water enough. Unfortunately, we have to water here 2-3 times per day due to the heat for the first couple of weeks and I don't know if the rain barrels will cover all of that, but it will help and since I am used to paying inflated water bills since my aunt was staying with us and they used a lot of water, I am hoping that it will at least be less than the $300 a month we paid when they were here. Water here is just ridiculous. In Ohio, I paid $30 every 3 months for water.

Erin

wow-that IS a lot for water!!!

I've never paid for water (it's included in my rent here) but my mom had to. Just a couple years or so ago it was roughly $45 for 3 months. It's gone up to $145 for the same 3 month period because they're raising the rates constantly

Our bill is combined water and garbage collection. I think it runs around $60/month. Except that one time when apparently there was a leak we didn't realize and they came knocking on our door to tell us we were going to have a $700 water bill. Seriously. I actually appreciate them telling us, though, and they reduced the bill somewhat and let us break it up into payments. They aren't as difficult to deal with as a lot of utility companies. The gas company is just evil.