Page 135 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 35851251331341351361371451852356351135 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

I confess that the main reason we are going to Maui again next year, is to take my mommy there. She has never been there and we were there for our honeymoon about two months after she was diagnosed with breast cancer, which is the reason the big wedding was postponed for a year...but we still went on the honeymoon. I vowed while we were there to take her to Maui before she is gone.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I confess I did NOT kill my MIL over the weekend.
    I confess it crossed my mind and I'm still feeling a bit resentful.

Liam's birthday party was Sunday, but MIL, FIL, and SIL all decided it was more convenient for them to invade our home Saturday afternoon (cause, you know, all going to church together on Sunday was more important than Liam's birthday party) cause they wanted to spend time with him.

So what was Saturday afternoon like? Tredhed playing with Liam, and me frantically trying make a dent in the disaster of a kitchen (cleaning prior to party cooking and prep), while FIL takes a nap on the couch, MIL stands in the kitchen telling me stories about people I've never met and don't care about, and SIL showing up 2 hours late. (Note: see above about wanting to spend time with Liam . . . )

About 5 pm they all start saying how hungry they are, so Tred goes and gets some Little Caesar's pizza, and they all say "Oh we never expected you to feed us". Well do you expect me to be a lousy host when you invade my home uninvited? I'm not the beotch here people! I didn't want to have to feed you all either - I'm feeding guests Sunday AT THE PARTY YOU'RE BLOWING OFF.

They didn't leave until well after 6, so Liam's nap was 2 hours late. We try not to let him nap past 7 pm, but I didn't have the heart to wake him as he was beat. He slept from 6:20 till almost 8 pm. We got him to bed just after 11 pm, instead of by 9/9:30 pm. Oh, and the cake and balloons that were supposed to be picked up from the bakery at 6 pm didn't get picked up till almost 9 pm - when they closed.

So Sunday I am busting my butt trying to everything done before the party at 1:30. I had allotted time for sunday to prep the veggie and fruit trays and make the punch. I was going to make the cake (so he had a small smash cake) and a double batch of pasta salad on Saturday, but was forced to do it on Sunday morning thanks to my fraking in-laws.

Breathe Krista, Breathe! The last guest to leave Sunday said the party was great. It's over. Breathe. . . .
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess that I can't even believe this happened or that I'm admitting it here but I just got mother effing arrested for an unpaid ticket from 8 years ago. WTH?
    I confess that when things like this happen, where most people would be mad, it makes me laugh because this is how my life has always been. One fiasco after another day after day, year after year. You would think that as I get older and wiser that the fiascos would begin to dissapate...but no, they do not.
    I confess that also, when things like this happen, I am always reminded of a landlord I once had who said, "You and your girlfriends are like pigpen from the peanuts. Except instead of dust, trouble follows you wherever you go."
    I confess we laughed so hard when he said that and I said, "How eloquent." He was not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that I can't even believe this happened or that I'm admitting it here but I just got mother effing arrested for an unpaid ticket from 8 years ago. WTH?
    I confess that when things like this happen, where most people would be mad, it makes me laugh because this is how my life has always been. One fiasco after another day after day, year after year. You would think that as I get older and wiser that the fiascos would begin to dissapate...but no, they do not.
    I confess that also, when things like this happen, I am always reminded of a landlord I once had who said, "You and your girlfriends are like pigpen from the peanuts. Except instead of dust, trouble follows you wherever you go."
    I confess we laughed so hard when he said that and I said, "How eloquent." He was not impressed.
    *gasp* ARRESTED??? YOU REBEL!!!!

Just kidding, but man that sucks.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Bridget, did you seriously just get arrested?!? Dude. lol

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    But I'll laugh with you!!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

Not AT you, WITH you! hehe

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Bridget, did you seriously just get arrested?!? Dude. lol
    I totally did.

I misread your post so badly - I thought that it said you got your mother arrested for unpaid parking tickets! Talk about a double take!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, you have such hidden depths! I would have never pegged you for a fugitive from justice.

(Also laughing with you.)

And Krista, I am really sorry about your relative invasion. Glad the party went well, but I think you shouldn't ever have your in-laws over, ever again.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 09-14-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    And Krista, I am really sorry about your relative invasion. Glad the party went well, but I think you shouldn't ever have your in-laws over, ever again.
    I agree! My in-laws were terrible for JoJo's first birthday weekend as well - it was hard to keep smiling.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I miss my secular mamas!!! need to post more in here!

I'm so tired of being so **** politically correct all the fricken time. I want to just speak my mind for crying out loud. So many things piss me off, and I just remain quiet so I don't rock the boat. I want to make WAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SenecaGirl View Post
    I'm so tired of being so **** politically correct all the fricken time. I want to just speak my mind for crying out loud. So many things piss me off, and I just remain quiet so I don't rock the boat. I want to make WAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me too

shutterbird Guest

Dang Bridget, I didn't know you had it in you!

Janeen, hooray for a great appointment!!

Seneca, you DO need to come around more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Me too
    YEAH! And I'm just talking life in general, not specifically APA...
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Dang Bridget, I didn't know you had it in you!

Janeen, hooray for a great appointment!!

Seneca, you DO need to come around more!!!
    I WILL!

Make them waves, baby.

Krista... I HATE HATE HATE it when people make up stupid pretenses/excuses to make themselves look or feel better. I mean, did they REALLY have to underline multiple times that they want to spend time with Liam when it's obviously not true? It's not like anything would have been different if they had been honest. Grrrrrrr.

Bridget, both about the arrest (I can't believe they can do that!) and about the conundrum with DBF.

I feel ya girl.

I confess... has anyone seen Bean/Cass around? Is she doing ok? for Cass, where ever she may be.

Weeee!!!! I love waves! Especially in a canoe or kayak!
    Get your butt in here more!

Maybe by his 2nd birthday I'll be fed up even more and tell them no, it's the actual party or don't bother.
    yeah, right!

I confess I've been thinking about joining facebook lately and so help me, if my MIL figures out I'm not "god-fearing" then so be it. It would be nice to be out of the closet with them.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I've been thinking about joining facebook lately and so help me, if my MIL figures out I'm not "god-fearing" then so be it. It would be nice to be out of the closet with them.
    Hey. Is Liam still a newborn? Look in your siggy!

Yeah I'm not out with MIL. I really don't want to deal with that one at all. But sometimes I just want to blurt it out.
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

You could always leave the religion box blank so it just doesn't show up. I find that way easier than attempting to explain what I am in a one or two word description

Quote Originally Posted by heartmyboyz View Post
    Hey. Is Liam still a newborn? Look in your siggy!
    Huh? Everything looks OK to me. Is my brain being stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    You could always leave the religion box blank so it just doesn't show up. I find that way easier than attempting to explain what I am in a one or two word description
    I didn't even know there was going to be a religion box, LOL. I was thinking more indirect as far as comments by secular friends that she would see. And I know there are polls and quizzes you can take and aren't the results posted for people to see who are following you? Like if I take that religious poll, she'd see that my results do NOT say I'm part of "her flock".

Huh? Everything looks OK to me. Is my brain being stupid?
    Tell me you changed it back. Otherwise, that's it. I'm going crazy.
    I didn't even know there was going to be a religion box, LOL. I was thinking more indirect as far as comments by secular friends that she would see. And I know there are polls and quizzes you can take and aren't the results posted for people to see who are following you? Like if I take that religious poll, she'd see that my results do NOT say I'm part of "her flock".
    I think you can set it to not display the quizzes on your page, but it is fun to see when your friends have answered quizzes.

I think you can set it to not display the quizzes on your page, but it is fun to see when your friends have answered quizzes.
    Um . . . changed what?
    Yesterday I added the "m/c survivor" tag, but that was the only recent change to my siggy. Well, I updated the pic of Liam last week, too.

OK, didn't know you could choose to not display quizzes. See, I know virtually nothing about facebook. Thanks!

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

She changed it back, or I'm going crazy, too! I SWEAR it said Sep 9, 2009 like 5 minutes ago...

I confess it makes me sad that you ladies' MILs are such that you fear being yourselves around them That kind of attitude on the part of any religious-or nonreligious-person ticks me off. It shouldn't matter what you believe, or don't believe. Not like it's affecting your MIL...although I'm sure she thinks otherwise

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Well I'm officially crazy. Yes it's official!!

It said born 9 Sep 2009 just a little while ago.

You guys ARE crazy, her siggy's always been the same lol.

Do like I did on FB, I just made up my own religion and put it in the box.

My mom made a comment recently about how she could see every little thing I do on Farmville. Like "Kate has picked some crops! Kate sheared her sheep!" And I found out by going to the bottom and "edit applications", you can edit the settings so people don't see all that.
    Also there's nothing about religion on my profile...I think if you don't fill it in it just stays blank.
    Last edited by daylilies; 09-15-2009 at 08:56 AM.