Page 133 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 33831231311321331341351431832336331133 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,990 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #3961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    I confess that there are some really gorgeous new siggie pics floating around... Bridget's are super cute, Lydia's is darling, elmobo has too adorable little rock stars, and I love the new pic of Liam!!!



    Yeah, google isn't doing me too much good. Neither is looking down there every few hours. When it's barely visible, I breathe a sigh of relief. When it's obviously protruding and bleeding, like right now, I get that head rush of panic and start crying.

    ITA about the pics. I love Kai and Savanna watching Obama!! They look like they are really paying attention!

    And Agatha, just read this about your cervix. Will be sending tons and tons of positivity your way. My mom had this happen when she was PG with my youngest brother. She was on bedrest for a while, I remember because I was her waitress lol!! He was born fine and healthy. She did have to have a hysterectomy though a few years later, but she had a prolasped cervix and uterus too, is what she told me and she was in intense pain. Plus she had already given birth to 4 kids.

    I will be keeping you and Sprout in my thoughts. I would probably speak to the OB for a perinatal referral as soon as it can possibly be done, just to keep an extra eye on Sprout and get the best care possible.

    Erin

  2. #3962
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Yeah, google isn't doing me too much good. Neither is looking down there every few hours. When it's barely visible, I breathe a sigh of relief. When it's obviously protruding and bleeding, like right now, I get that head rush of panic and start crying.
    Oh, Agatha, I really feel terrible for you. I wish you could be enjoying every minute of your pregnancy. Is there anything you can do to help with the bleeding, like a gauze with vaseline or something so it doesn't get irritated?


  3. #3963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    That really sucks. Can you send her your post and her comment, and ask her what on earth she thinks she's doing? Grrrrr! Or, if you really want to start stuff, put it on her site as a comment?
    I was going to suggest something along these lines as well, as "proof" that it was your idea, but saw later you said you'd deleted part and blocked, so never mind.


    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    I confess... how did this thread suddenly get 4 stars instead of the 5 it had for so long?
    I confess I noticed this yesterday too and was like WTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I think whether you need a referral or not depends on your insurance plan. I actually pay extra for a plan that doesn't require me to get a referral, because I want to be able to consult with a peri as soon as I get pregnant because of my blood clotting disorder. When I was briefly pregnant last summer I called my OB and she said to call the peri directly to establish the pregnancy. I won't go into what happened here because I don't want to hijack and I don't want to get upset again. The point is, with some insurance plans you can do that, so check into what yours will cover.
    Fantastic point - I wish I had thought to make it. Mine does not require referrals either - I can make an appt with any specialist I want/need on my own. That said, sometimes a referral is good cause you never know how good a doc is that you randomly pick out of a list.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  4. #3964

    Default

    A million thank yous to everyone for your hugs and kind words.

    I confess that I love you all dearly, and even though you are just "internet people" (as DH likes to say ) you really are helping me not go insane right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Is there anything you can do to help with the bleeding, like a gauze with vaseline or something so it doesn't get irritated?
    Oooh, I never thought of this! Thank you Right now, I sorta monitor its position and when it protrudes all the way out, I immediately lie down in a very slight reverse incline position (can't remember the official name of it but its when you have your legs a little more up so gravity kinda pulls your cervix back in). I'm totally experimenting/analyzing stuff and so far it seems that it protrudes more at night (maybe after a day of being upright? or is it the night bloating?) so I'll be lying down way more, and taking breaks between anything I do.


  5. #3965
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,511

    Default

    That position is Trendelenberg.

    I confess that it is totally possible to love "internet people." APA, and the friends that I have here, really helped me through everything when my daughter died. I could cry while I was typing and nobody looked uncomfortable or tried to awkwardly pat my arm. Nobody knew! And I could pour my heart out and there were other people who understood what I was going through. I'd seen some of them get stronger and go on to have other babies. APA gave me hope. And many people I'd never even met sent donations in Esme's name to the SIDS research site I'd posted about. More than my family and IRL friends who'd been asking what they could do. I got cards, and everyone celebrated with me when I conceived the twins. APA has been there through thick and thin.


  6. Default

    I confess that I had 5 pages to catch up on in here, and Audri is being fussy... so its going to have to wait.

    I confess I got another ultrasound yesterday! Things look great - Baby is most definitely another little girl, and she IS measuring large. 5lbs 10 oz at 34 weeks!!

    I confess I find out on thursday if I will get a scheduled c-section or if I will have to go into labor, and then they'll perform the section.

  7. #3967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess that it is totally possible to love "internet people." APA, and the friends that I have here, really helped me through everything when my daughter died. I could cry while I was typing and nobody looked uncomfortable or tried to awkwardly pat my arm. Nobody knew! And I could pour my heart out and there were other people who understood what I was going through. I'd seen some of them get stronger and go on to have other babies. APA gave me hope. And many people I'd never even met sent donations in Esme's name to the SIDS research site I'd posted about. More than my family and IRL friends who'd been asking what they could do. I got cards, and everyone celebrated with me when I conceived the twins. APA has been there through thick and thin.
    I confess . . . . what Lydia said.

    When I miscarried Phoenix I did a ton of crying. People in the loss room helped so much, helped me to know what I was feeling was normal and it wasn't my fault in any way. Some people said things that made me realize it might have been for the best and gave me hope for the future. One of them was Nikki (Jedigirl), and is one reason why I miss her.

    I think if you feel a connection to a person, even if it's just through writing on the internet, it's no less "real" than being in person. Tredhed and I never would have met had it not been for the net.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  8. #3968

    Default

    Yes, Trendelenberg! Thank you, it was at the tip of my tongue but all that kept coming to mind was Trachtenberg, like the actress...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess that it is totally possible to love "internet people." APA, and the friends that I have here, really helped me through everything when my daughter died. I could cry while I was typing and nobody looked uncomfortable or tried to awkwardly pat my arm. Nobody knew! And I could pour my heart out and there were other people who understood what I was going through. I'd seen some of them get stronger and go on to have other babies. APA gave me hope. And many people I'd never even met sent donations in Esme's name to the SIDS research site I'd posted about. More than my family and IRL friends who'd been asking what they could do. I got cards, and everyone celebrated with me when I conceived the twins. APA has been there through thick and thin.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess . . . . what Lydia said.

    When I miscarried Phoenix I did a ton of crying. People in the loss room helped so much, helped me to know what I was feeling was normal and it wasn't my fault in any way. Some people said things that made me realize it might have been for the best and gave me hope for the future. One of them was Nikki (Jedigirl), and is one reason why I miss her.

    I think if you feel a connection to a person, even if it's just through writing on the internet, it's no less "real" than being in person. Tredhed and I never would have met had it not been for the net.
    and (and for both of you). This is probably only the tip of my iceberg but I can completely see and believe what you've both just said and I am already eternally grateful.

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I got another ultrasound yesterday! Things look great - Baby is most definitely another little girl, and she IS measuring large. 5lbs 10 oz at 34 weeks!!

    I confess I find out on thursday if I will get a scheduled c-section or if I will have to go into labor, and then they'll perform the section.
    YAY!!! I am so happy that your LO is doing great Any names yet? And I think I missed something... I thought your doctor was pretty pro-VBAC and was going to support your choice?


  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    YAY!!! I am so happy that your LO is doing great Any names yet? And I think I missed something... I thought your doctor was pretty pro-VBAC and was going to support your choice?
    Still not fully settled on a name... and I thought he was pro-VBAC, but after my appointment this past week he clarified what he meant when he said "We may just have to let you go into labor" and he meant go into labor, then do a section.... UNLESS I can hold out and labor at home until I'm about 8cm.... which I am going to try and do if they don't schedule a section....

  10. #3970

    Default

    I never understood the line between "internet people" and real people. They are real people, sitting in front of a computer. I agree some people abuse the internet to be someone they aren't but that was not the trend at all when chat and all that first came out. Now it's all bots and people spamming "a/s/l?" Makes me sad. I had some pretty intelligent conversations (and arguments LOL) with "internet people" in chat back in the day.

  11. #3971
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,511

    Default

    Ashley, I'm glad your appointment went well and your little girl is looking so good! Sorry you're getting the run-around about your delivery.


  12. #3972

    Default

    I confess I love Lydia. You are a wicked limerick writing woman!

    I confess VBAC scares the crap out of me. If Tred and I decided to have another baby, it would be scheduled c/s all the way.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  13. #3973
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I love Lydia. You are a wicked limerick writing woman!

    I confess VBAC scares the crap out of me. If Tred and I decided to have another baby, it would be scheduled c/s all the way.
    I had a really hard time coming up with a dirty limerick that was still safe for APA. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    And I am scared of VBAC too. I don't think it's even a possibility for me, actually, after two previous C-Sections and a body that doesn't seem to want to go into labor, but the whole thought just makes me scared. Still, I am fully supportive of it and think it is perfect for many women.


  14. #3974
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    That position is Trendelenberg.

    I confess that it is totally possible to love "internet people." APA, and the friends that I have here, really helped me through everything when my daughter died. I could cry while I was typing and nobody looked uncomfortable or tried to awkwardly pat my arm. Nobody knew! And I could pour my heart out and there were other people who understood what I was going through. I'd seen some of them get stronger and go on to have other babies. APA gave me hope. And many people I'd never even met sent donations in Esme's name to the SIDS research site I'd posted about. More than my family and IRL friends who'd been asking what they could do. I got cards, and everyone celebrated with me when I conceived the twins. APA has been there through thick and thin.
    I confess this, too. Not word for word, but the gist of it is there.

  15. #3975
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    Still not fully settled on a name... and I thought he was pro-VBAC, but after my appointment this past week he clarified what he meant when he said "We may just have to let you go into labor" and he meant go into labor, then do a section.... UNLESS I can hold out and labor at home until I'm about 8cm.... which I am going to try and do if they don't schedule a section....
    BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!

  16. #3976

    Default

    all.
    I actually got a good night of sleep last night FINALLY after 3 1/2 months!!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  17. #3977
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    Just thought I'd drop by and say hey, everybody. Not much going on here. Just been enjoying the sunshine while it is here....another long British winter is fast upon us!

  18. #3978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    all.
    I actually got a good night of sleep last night FINALLY after 3 1/2 months!!
    How refreshing!!

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  19. #3979
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,511

    Default

    Glad to hear you got sleep, Alisha!

    I hear you about the winter, Silverstar. It's much better than when I lived in Wyoming, but I still dread the advent of early darkness and cold feet. Everything about wintertime is dreary and cold. And now that I have active toddlers, I think about how difficult it's going to be to adjust to staying inside when it's rainy, when they're used to going to playgrounds twice a day.

    We moved the twins to their own room for the first time ever last night. They took a long time to fall asleep (I was cuddling with them in their bed), but they've been sleeping really well all night. DH had me check on them at midnight to see if they were alive when we hadn't heard a peep from them yet. I am astonished, because normally they wake up multiple times in the night and actually trample over each other to come over to me.

    Despite their sound sleeping, I was up at 3 AM.


  20. #3980

    Default



    I hate rude people.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  21. #3981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post


    I hate rude people.
    Me too!

    But know-it-alls crack me up!

    Erin

  22. #3982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Glad to hear you got sleep, Alisha!

    I hear you about the winter, Silverstar. It's much better than when I lived in Wyoming, but I still dread the advent of early darkness and cold feet. Everything about wintertime is dreary and cold. And now that I have active toddlers, I think about how difficult it's going to be to adjust to staying inside when it's rainy, when they're used to going to playgrounds twice a day.

    We moved the twins to their own room for the first time ever last night. They took a long time to fall asleep (I was cuddling with them in their bed), but they've been sleeping really well all night. DH had me check on them at midnight to see if they were alive when we hadn't heard a peep from them yet. I am astonished, because normally they wake up multiple times in the night and actually trample over each other to come over to me.

    Despite their sound sleeping, I was up at 3 AM.
    aww. They are growing up so fast!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  23. Default

    Alisha... You are almost 2 months behind on your siggy pic of precious little Evie!

  24. #3984
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Yeah, you better squeeze a six month pic in there for a week.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  25. #3985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    Alisha... You are almost 2 months behind on your siggy pic of precious little Evie!
    EEK!....LOL dangit. Your always onto me. I shall dig for a picture then
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  26. #3986
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Lydia, hooray for them sleeping better! I hope it continues and that YOU are able to get some rest as well!


    Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post


    I hate rude people.
    ME TOO.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    EEK!....LOL dangit. Your always onto me. I shall dig for a picture then
    She just gets cuter and cuter by the day!

  27. #3987

    Default

    There there


    Oh I confess Evie made a puddle of poo in her carseat while I was having lunch at a restaurant. I found out by adjusting her blankies and stuck my finger in poo
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  28. #3988
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    There there


    Oh I confess Evie made a puddle of poo in her carseat while I was having lunch at a restaurant. I found out by adjusting her blankies and stuck my finger in poo
    Ohhhhh man, how appetizing! LOL

    The pictures are too cute.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  29. #3989
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    There there


    Oh I confess Evie made a puddle of poo in her carseat while I was having lunch at a restaurant. I found out by adjusting her blankies and stuck my finger in poo
    LOL!

    Speaking of Poo, Lorelai didn't tell me yesterday that she had to go, so she took it upon her self to take her diaper off after she was finished and proceeded to play.

    Excuse me while I vomit.

  30. #3990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Ohhhhh man, how appetizing! LOL

    The pictures are too cute.
    To make matters worse it was a Chinese place so some of the stuff there looked like her poo

    Needless to say I charged outta there real quick!
    She looks so chunky in her pics. Heehee looks like the camera is already doing the dreaded adding ten pounds
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    LOL!

    Speaking of Poo, Lorelai didn't tell me yesterday that she had to go, so she took it upon her self to take her diaper off after she was finished and proceeded to play.

    Excuse me while I vomit.
    Oh no!!! LOL!!!!! I would have too!!
    Last edited by AlishaAnew; 09-13-2009 at 01:56 PM.
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •