Page 132 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 32821221301311321331341421822326321132 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Thank you so much, totally didn't know that was another name for the same thing. As per your and Lydia's suggestions I guess I'll call my Ob in a few days (once I'm not freaking out and have had some time to calm down) and ask for a referral. I asked her directly today "will a prolapsed cervix affect the baby in anyway?" and she said no, but there's a risk of preterm labor mentioned in everything I've read today.

And I'm so sorry I'm clogging up the thread with this cervix drama. I just need to calm down (and get some answers).
    My guess is that 13 weeks there's time to make decisions. When Sprout gets bigger it would be more of an issue and preterm labor would come into play more. Keeping that you have answers and actions to suit, by then.

I confess - don't be silly! Cervix drama welcome here cause you are!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

shutterbird Guest

I confess, and I sorry that it seems like I can only confess negative things, but c'est la vie (at the moment)...

That a local photographer, who is way more established and practically booked through the new year, introduced her new INSTALLATION of urban kids. Wow. I'm totally flabbergasted and appalled, but it doesn't matter.

In case you're wondering what I'm talking about, I came up with this idea for a series of photoshoots through downtown featuring kids only. I mentioned it on my blog and twitter and this wench commented that it was a cool idea.

Cool enough to steal, apparently.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done. I really wish people would get creative enough to come up with their own stuff. What rubs me the wrong way is not only that, but now I feel like I shouldn't do it because people will think I stole it from HER when it's NOOOOOOOOT that at all.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

urgh...Kim, that is just horrible. I hope she feels horrid about it every time she looks at her pictures!

I think you should go ahead and do it-we all know you'll do it better than her, anyhow!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Stick a fork in me, I'm done. I really wish people would get creative enough to come up with their own stuff. What rubs me the wrong way is not only that, but now I feel like I shouldn't do it because people will think I stole it from HER when it's NOOOOOOOOT that at all.

The only solution is to do it NOW and do it BETTER. You can, too.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

shutterbird Guest

Oh nooooo, I'm not! She's actually REALLY good and WAY better than me... but it was my idea! WAH!

Oh Kim... I soooo know how you feel about not wanting to do it because it will now look like her idea... that b!7@#.

What a devil *****.

I hope what she comes up with is crap. You are way better than her.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Oh nooooo, I'm not! She's actually REALLY good and WAY better than me... but it was my idea! WAH!
    That really sucks. Can you send her your post and her comment, and ask her what on earth she thinks she's doing? Grrrrr! Or, if you really want to start stuff, put it on her site as a comment?

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Stephmama, I have to tell you that Ronin is absolutely fascinated with your siggy picture. I thought he was staring at your flowing locks, but instead he bounced up and down and yelled "Waterfall!"

I confess... how did this thread suddenly get 4 stars instead of the 5 it had for so long?

shutterbird Guest

I confess... how did this thread suddenly get 4 stars instead of the 5 it had for so long?
    Hmm... I can only guess!

hmmmm......

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

I voted to make it better! LOL

shutterbird Guest

Thanks for the support, ladies! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who sees this as a load of bullcrap!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    That really sucks. Can you send her your post and her comment, and ask her what on earth she thinks she's doing? Grrrrr! Or, if you really want to start stuff, put it on her site as a comment?
    I would do that, but really, I don't even know if it's worth the fight. I've already deleted her off of my twitter and blocked her IP address so that she can't come onto my site (unless she uses a different computer). She'll figure it out, lol.

I'm sorry, Kim - I know it is a drag, but you are handling it in the best way. You don't want to engage in anything with someone who is that low. You just keep your distance and play it close to the vest from now on.

How about SUB-urban kids?

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I'm sorry, Kim - I know it is a drag, but you are handling it in the best way. You don't want to engage in anything with someone who is that low. You just keep your distance and play it close to the vest from now on.

OOOOOH good idea!

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post

HAHAHA! That's a great idea, mind if I steal it?

All I'm seeing right now are cul-de-sacs and minivans.

HAHAHA! That's a great idea, mind if I steal it?

All I'm seeing right now are cul-de-sacs and minivans.

Don't forget the soccer balls! Maybe a back yard grill (unlit) and a little apron and spatula?

I confess, and I sorry that it seems like I can only confess negative things, but c'est la vie (at the moment)...

That a local photographer, who is way more established and practically booked through the new year, introduced her new INSTALLATION of urban kids. Wow. I'm totally flabbergasted and appalled, but it doesn't matter.

In case you're wondering what I'm talking about, I came up with this idea for a series of photoshoots through downtown featuring kids only. I mentioned it on my blog and twitter and this wench commented that it was a cool idea.

Cool enough to steal, apparently.

Unbelievable. That sucks so much. I'm angry for you.

Thank you to everyone for the hugs, I needed them.

For now, Sprout is ok. If it doesn't go back up into my body, I'll probably end up on bedrest to keep her inside me and keep pressure off my cervix. My Ob seemed incredibly confident that no matter what it takes, she will keep Sprout safe until we pass the 30ish week mark. She's had one other patient who had something similar, and with a combo of a pessarie and bedrest she made it to term I'll know more in 2 weeks and I'll keep you all updated.

See.. that was the first thing that came to my mind, too, but my Ob said that my cervix is really nicely closed and it's not so much that it's incompetant or opening, as much as it is just... way too low and falling out of me (how the hell does that happen???) Honestly, other than putting in a pessarie (a ring that holds up the cervix, which may or may not work) I don't think there's any way to fix it, especially not during pregnancy. I'm doing Kegels like mad to strengthen things.

I confess today sucks.

Once I stop wallowing in my cups I will go back and read all the confessions I've missed

"Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Agatha, . Step away from the google. It does sound like there is a good treatment for this and you will do just fine. I would ask your OB if there is any way you could get a referral now, just in case.

I think whether you need a referral or not depends on your insurance plan. I actually pay extra for a plan that doesn't require me to get a referral, because I want to be able to consult with a peri as soon as I get pregnant because of my blood clotting disorder. When I was briefly pregnant last summer I called my OB and she said to call the peri directly to establish the pregnancy. I won't go into what happened here because I don't want to hijack and I don't want to get upset again. The point is, with some insurance plans you can do that, so check into what yours will cover.

Kim, I would be so angry about somebody stealing my idea! Next time just tell people you have a great idea, but don't tell them what it is!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Unbelievable. That sucks so much. I'm angry for you.
    that siggy!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!! x infinity!!!!!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Stephmama, I have to tell you that Ronin is absolutely fascinated with your siggy picture. I thought he was staring at your flowing locks, but instead he bounced up and down and yelled "Waterfall!"

I confess that Jimi and I are starting to plan our anniversary get away.

I confess that there are some really gorgeous new siggie pics floating around... Bridget's are super cute, Lydia's is darling, elmobo has too adorable little rock stars, and I love the new pic of Liam!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Step away from the google.
    Yeah, google isn't doing me too much good. Neither is looking down there every few hours. When it's barely visible, I breathe a sigh of relief. When it's obviously protruding and bleeding, like right now, I get that head rush of panic and start crying.

Yeah, google isn't doing me too much good. Neither is looking down there every few hours. When it's barely visible, I breathe a sigh of relief. When it's obviously protruding and bleeding, like right now, I get that head rush of panic and start crying.
    Oh, honey. I'm crying now. I really don't cry much.

I know everything will be fine.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

When it's barely visible, I breathe a sigh of relief. When it's obviously protruding and bleeding, like right now, I get that head rush of panic and start crying.
    "Awwww" is what I just said out loud when I read this. I am feeling super bad for you!

I confess that there are some really gorgeous new siggie pics floating around... Bridget's are super cute, Lydia's is darling, elmobo has too adorable little rock stars, and I love the new pic of Liam!!!

Aww sweetie, I hope it'll all be ok.

I confess that I really want to move into this mobile home like yesterday... 307 a month plus space rent? Sign me up!

http://denver.craigslist.org/reo/1364583503.html

shutterbird Guest