Page 131 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 31811211291301311321331411812316311131 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #3901

    Default

    OMG I have to show you this random convo I stumbled on through a horoscope thingy on FB

    daveyissuperamazing: the big bang never happened anyway only
    heathens believe it did
    John Seemer: hahhaaha
    daveyissuperamazing: lol
    John Seemer: u can't be serious
    daveyissuperamazing: well maybe it did but u have 2 believe there
    is a greater being up there
    daveyissuperamazing: watever ur faith
    John Seemer: energy it's all around us never ending
    John Seemer: only changing shape
    daveyissuperamazing: yea well it must b contrled by somthing of a
    greater energy
    John Seemer: call me what u will ... at least i can't go to hell
    daveyissuperamazing: y not??
    ME- What he doesn't believe in doesn't exist for him.
    daveyissuperamazing: did u fall out with satan??
    John Seemer: exactly
    daveyissuperamazing: im sure he will forgive u john

    Then the one guy dave goes on to say the Vatican is paying the government to pay the lil guys in white coats to make us believe what they want us to believe
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  2. #3902

    Default

    Then the guy is saying nothing is stronger than the human brains not even black holes
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  3. #3903

    Default

    Ummm Alisha, what kind of people are on your FB friends list??? LOL

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  4. #3904

    Default

    Thank you for linking to that, Janeen!

    I just got back from the doctor. Apparently, the red gross thing sticking out of me is not a polyp... it is my CERVIX.

    OMG. I am barely 13 wks pregnant and my cervix is already falling out of my body. From all I have read, this doesn't bode too well for my plans of having 4 kids... seems like one of the most common "fixes" for this is a friggen hysterectomy...


  5. #3905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Thank you for linking to that, Janeen!

    I just got back from the doctor. Apparently, the red gross thing sticking out of me is not a polyp... it is my CERVIX.

    OMG. I am barely 13 wks pregnant and my cervix is already falling out of my body. From all I have read, this doesn't bode too well for my plans of having 4 kids... seems like one of the most common "fixes" for this is a friggen hysterectomy...
    Oh gosh!! So is there anything they have to do during this pregnancy to keep that cervix in your body? Do they have to sew you up?? Oh geez, I know nothing about this! I'm sorry!

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  6. #3906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    Ummm Alisha, what kind of people are on your FB friends list??? LOL
    oh no this was in a chat box of the horoscopes thing. I have no idea who they are Thankfully.
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  7. #3907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    oh no this was in a chat box of the horoscopes thing. I have no idea who they are Thankfully.
    OH! hahah good thing!

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  8. #3908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Thank you for linking to that, Janeen!

    I just got back from the doctor. Apparently, the red gross thing sticking out of me is not a polyp... it is my CERVIX.

    OMG. I am barely 13 wks pregnant and my cervix is already falling out of my body. From all I have read, this doesn't bode too well for my plans of having 4 kids... seems like one of the most common "fixes" for this is a friggen hysterectomy...

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  9. #3909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    I just got back from the doctor. Apparently, the red gross thing sticking out of me is not a polyp... it is my CERVIX.

    OMG. I am barely 13 wks pregnant and my cervix is already falling out of my body. From all I have read, this doesn't bode too well for my plans of having 4 kids... seems like one of the most common "fixes" for this is a friggen hysterectomy...
    Oh, I'm sorry. That sounds scary, but I don't really know what it means. I hope hope hope everything will be okay.
    Norah! (3 yr)

  10. #3910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Thank you for linking to that, Janeen!

    I just got back from the doctor. Apparently, the red gross thing sticking out of me is not a polyp... it is my CERVIX.

    OMG. I am barely 13 wks pregnant and my cervix is already falling out of my body. From all I have read, this doesn't bode too well for my plans of having 4 kids... seems like one of the most common "fixes" for this is a friggen hysterectomy...
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  11. #3911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Thank you for linking to that, Janeen!

    I just got back from the doctor. Apparently, the red gross thing sticking out of me is not a polyp... it is my CERVIX.

    OMG. I am barely 13 wks pregnant and my cervix is already falling out of my body. From all I have read, this doesn't bode too well for my plans of having 4 kids... seems like one of the most common "fixes" for this is a friggen hysterectomy...
    Ditto the earlier questions - what kind of danger is Sprout in and what can they do for THIS pregnancy?
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  12. #3912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    I confess a coworker was talking about the Oregon Vortex yesterday and I want to go visit it, I think. I think John would be fascinated by the "whirlpool of force" that is going on there. I'm thinking that when we take our now-annual sabbatical from religion in November we're going to use our Sundays to go and explore such awesome places as that and Crater lake, etc!
    That is soooo cool. They have something like that at Knott's Berry farm (amusment park). Not to far away from us. I got to sit in this chair that was at a weird angle. No problem sitting in it, but I couldn't get up by myself. Our guide had to give me a hand. It was great. The one you hopefully go to looks a lot more fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Thank you for linking to that, Janeen!

    I just got back from the doctor. Apparently, the red gross thing sticking out of me is not a polyp... it is my CERVIX.

    OMG. I am barely 13 wks pregnant and my cervix is already falling out of my body. From all I have read, this doesn't bode too well for my plans of having 4 kids... seems like one of the most common "fixes" for this is a friggen hysterectomy...
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

  13. #3913
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    OMG WILLOW!! How are they going to fix that? Will a cerclage help???

  14. #3914
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,513

    Default

    Agatha, are you going to see a specialist/perinatologist? You are at higher risk for preterm labor and infection now.

    I think there are plenty of things they can do besides hysterectomy. There is something called introital tightening that can be done in 3 minutes with local anesthetic only and a few stitches during pregnancy. And that may not be a permanent fix, but I'm pretty sure that they can do a simple surgery AFTER you give birth, about 6 months post-partum, to lift everything up.

    How stressful for you!


  15. #3915

    Default

    Thank you to everyone for the hugs, I needed them.

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Ditto the earlier questions - what kind of danger is Sprout in and what can they do for THIS pregnancy?
    For now, Sprout is ok. If it doesn't go back up into my body, I'll probably end up on bedrest to keep her inside me and keep pressure off my cervix. My Ob seemed incredibly confident that no matter what it takes, she will keep Sprout safe until we pass the 30ish week mark. She's had one other patient who had something similar, and with a combo of a pessarie and bedrest she made it to term I'll know more in 2 weeks and I'll keep you all updated.

    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    OMG WILLOW!! How are they going to fix that? Will a cerclage help???
    See.. that was the first thing that came to my mind, too, but my Ob said that my cervix is really nicely closed and it's not so much that it's incompetant or opening, as much as it is just... way too low and falling out of me (how the hell does that happen???) Honestly, other than putting in a pessarie (a ring that holds up the cervix, which may or may not work) I don't think there's any way to fix it, especially not during pregnancy. I'm doing Kegels like mad to strengthen things.

    I confess today sucks.

    Once I stop wallowing in my cups I will go back and read all the confessions I've missed


  16. #3916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Agatha, are you going to see a specialist/perinatologist? You are at higher risk for preterm labor and infection now.
    I think my Ob wants to see how things look in 2 weeks, and if it doesn't magically self-resolve, I'm probably looking at a peri.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I think there are plenty of things they can do besides hysterectomy. There is something called introital tightening that can be done in 3 minutes with local anesthetic only and a few stitches during pregnancy. And that may not be a permanent fix, but I'm pretty sure that they can do a simple surgery AFTER you give birth, about 6 months post-partum, to lift everything up.

    How stressful for you!
    Thank you! I needed to read that, everything I was reading kept bringing up the dreaded H word which seemed like a total cop out.


  17. #3917
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    That's so scary! If your cervix is too low doesn't that also mean that the baby and uterus are too low as well? In any case, TAKE IT EASY!!!!!!!!!

  18. #3918
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Oh sorry, I didn't read the reply above me... I was on bed rest for 5 months with Lou to keep her in. It's not fun or easy, but it's SO WORTH IT! If you need anything, let me know!

  19. #3919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Oh sorry, I didn't read the reply above me... I was on bed rest for 5 months with Lou to keep her in. It's not fun or easy, but it's SO WORTH IT! If you need anything, let me know!
    Thank you hun. Yeah, if that's where it's going, then I'm game, no matter how much it sucks. You can totally be my "bedrest mentor" I guess I'll know more in 2 weeks


  20. #3920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    See.. that was the first thing that came to my mind, too, but my Ob said that my cervix is really nicely closed and it's not so much that it's incompetant or opening, as much as it is just... way too low and falling out of me (how the hell does that happen???) Honestly, other than putting in a pessarie (a ring that holds up the cervix, which may or may not work) I don't think there's any way to fix it, especially not during pregnancy. I'm doing Kegels like mad to strengthen things.

    I confess today sucks.

    Once I stop wallowing in my cups I will go back and read all the confessions I've missed
    We love you Agatha! Sprout, too!

    I have no idea how it happens to a spry young chicken like yourself for a first pregnancy.

    I do remember my grandmother having a pelvic exam several years ago - prior her stroke - and the OBGYN saying there was no need for a speculum cause her cervix was RIGHT THERE!!!! But that's after having a 10 lb baby in 1943 and a 13 lb baby in 1946.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  21. #3921
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    I confess AF showed today (we started TTC last month) so I am drinking some fruits of the forest cider....I thought I might as well do something I like that I won't be able to do when I do get pregnant. ;)

  22. #3922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I do remember my grandmother having a pelvic exam several years ago - prior her stroke - and the OBGYN saying there was no need for a speculum cause her cervix was RIGHT THERE!!!! But that's after having a 10 lb baby in 1943 and a 13 lb baby in 1946.
    Oh, totally... my grandmother actually died as a somewhat related result of a pelvic prolapse - the doctors suggested a pessary but grandma wanted the surgery to correct it... doctors told her she was too old/weakened to have unnecessary surgeries like that, she didn't listen, and her heart gave out a few days after the operation. But yea... my grandma was in her 80s and had 3 ginormous baby boys in the 1950s

    My doctor totally asked my like 3 times "Are you sure this is your first pregnancy?"... Yeah, cos that's something I'd forget


  23. #3923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    My doctor totally asked my like 3 times "Are you sure this is your first pregnancy?"... Yeah, cos that's something I'd forget
    yeah, no kidding. I think you'd remember previous pregnancies.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  24. #3924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I confess AF showed today (we started TTC last month) so I am drinking some fruits of the forest cider....I thought I might as well do something I like that I won't be able to do when I do get pregnant. ;)
    Awww I'm so sorry, hun I have no idea what Fruits of the Forest is, but I'll assume it's like Woodchuck Cider and say CHEERS! Here's to a new month and a new eggie!


  25. #3925
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,588

    Default

    oh wow, Agatha. I'm so glad your doctor go you in and you didn't have to wait to go in! Sounds like he's going to be at least a little proactive watching it-although personally, having had issues with my cervix myself, I'd be pushing to get to a peri off the bat rather than waiting and seeing. From what I've read, a prolapsed cervix won't correct itself, KWIM? BUT, like Lydia said, there's definitely plenty to be done to keep Sprout in there and happy/healthy.

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  26. #3926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    Sounds like he's going to be at least a little proactive watching it-although personally, having had issues with my cervix myself, I'd be pushing to get to a peri off the bat rather than waiting and seeing.
    You know, I did a quick search for a perinatologist earlier today, just out of curiosity, and all I found was a wanted ad for one from one of my local hospitals... I wonder where the nearest one even is. Should I call one on my own, or wait the 2 weeks until my next appointment and ask my Ob about involving a peri?


  27. #3927
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    You know, I did a quick search for a perinatologist earlier today, just out of curiosity, and all I found was a wanted ad for one from one of my local hospitals... I wonder where the nearest one even is. Should I call one on my own, or wait the 2 weeks until my next appointment and ask my Ob about involving a peri?
    A lot of them won't see new patients without referrals. I would suggest calling your OB and asking who she would recommend.

    ETA: Without multiple pregnancies, your risk might have been increased by having a congenitally long cervix. Given your grandmother's history, I wonder if it's in your family?


  28. #3928
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,588

    Default

    I just did a quick look at Fayetteville. They don't make it easy to find, but if you look up Maternal Fetal Medicine-that's another term for perinatology-then there is Creekside Center for Women and they claim to have experience in high-risk pregnancy, but that's actually different...but it might be as good as you get in your actual town, KWIM? Oh, and Parkhill clinic, too. But I agree with Lydia-you'll probably need a referral, not just to get in but also so that your insurance will allow them to bill.

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  29. #3929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    A lot of them won't see new patients without referrals. I would suggest calling your OB and asking who she would recommend.

    ETA: Without multiple pregnancies, your risk might have been increased by having a congenitally long cervix. Given your grandmother's history, I wonder if it's in your family?
    I wonder, too. It's never come up in any of my gyno checkups, and other than my grandmother I've never heard of anyone else having it.

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    I just did a quick look at Fayetteville. They don't make it easy to find, but if you look up Maternal Fetal Medicine-that's another term for perinatology-then there is Creekside Center for Women and they claim to have experience in high-risk pregnancy, but that's actually different...but it might be as good as you get in your actual town, KWIM? Oh, and Parkhill clinic, too. But I agree with Lydia-you'll probably need a referral, not just to get in but also so that your insurance will allow them to bill.
    Thank you so much, totally didn't know that was another name for the same thing. As per your and Lydia's suggestions I guess I'll call my Ob in a few days (once I'm not freaking out and have had some time to calm down) and ask for a referral. I asked her directly today "will a prolapsed cervix affect the baby in anyway?" and she said no, but there's a risk of preterm labor mentioned in everything I've read today.

    And I'm so sorry I'm clogging up the thread with this cervix drama. I just need to calm down (and get some answers).


  30. #3930
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Holy crap, I just remembered! My mom had a pelvic prolapse, but it was more geared towards her bladder! They did a quick in-and-out surgery and she was on bedrest for a bit... However, she wasn't pregnant at the time but she did have 3 pregnancies and a partial hysterectomy under her belt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •