Page 128 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 28781181261271281291301381782286281128 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

hahahahaha I missed this post! There were a few others that pushed this all the way down to the bottom of my threads list! Whoops!

That was a great way to put it Janeen! Hopefully you got through to her in making her realize she just looked trashy and not cute or hot!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

AH coffee. Yay for you Janeen! That's huge! That was my biggest issue other than sweet tea! I drank decaf, but it just wasn't the same so I didn't drink it much.

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    hahahahaha I missed this post! There were a few others that pushed this all the way down to the bottom of my threads list! Whoops!

That was a great way to put it Janeen! Hopefully you got through to her in making her realize she just looked trashy and not cute or hot!
    You should have seen the picture. Ya see, her older sister just happened to be in Walmart and her boyfriend recognized her. The sister didn't even recognize her! Once her boyfriend pointed her out she took a picture of her to show their mom.

Sharon (the one dressed like a skank) and I both agreed after our talk that she pretty much looked like a clown.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    You should have seen the picture. Ya see, her older sister just happened to be in Walmart and her boyfriend recognized her. The sister didn't even recognize her! Once her boyfriend pointed her out she took a picture of her to show their mom.

Sharon (the one dressed like a skank) and I both agreed after our talk that she pretty much looked like a clown.
    Her mother should have more control! Atleast she saw herself and realized she looked silly! Hopefully she remembers that all the way through her teens!

I confess that Jimi won't allow me to hardly lift anything and it is kind of driving me nuts.

However, his paranoia is turning into a really good thing.

He decided he can't have me hiking up and down to and from the third floor to our apartment in my third trimester so we HAVE to be moved before then.

Your DH seriously sounds like mine. I wasn't allowed to lift ANYTHING. No groceries, no nothing! He's "one of those". I enjoyed it. LOL.

I confess that I just realized that, according to my ticker...my second trimester starts on October 17th, DH's birthday. Aww

8. Default

I. Don't. Know. What. I'm. Going. To. Do. when the time comes for this stuff. I just have no idea. My mom never talked to me about any of it. I would rather crawl in a hole and die.
    Same here...

My mom left my "sex ed" up to school... Its where I learned about periods too...

I still remember the day in 5th grade when they separated all the girls and boys and we watched a movie about "becoming a woman" and they sent us home with pads....

I confess I was uber bummed the day I got my first period ever... I left that night for 10 days in Japan......

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

I'm making John do the period talk. No, really, I am! Well, I don't know if really, but it's tempting. He said if I'll do the driving lessons he'll do that, so why not, right? My mom would hardly talk about shaving legs in front of my brothers (I'm the only girl, 4 brothers) and dad let alone much else. We did have THE TALK, and she was definitely open to any questions, she was very effective at it, but the rest of the time everything was covered with such quietness and embarrassment. Which was stupid-my dad had 5 sisters and was probably more schooled than my mom on how differently teenagers act during PMS than my mom with no sisters! Nowadays you're more likely to hear my dad make an offcolor remark about me and my cycle and my mom turns purple-totally funny. Anyhow, yeah-I won't really leave it to John, but it's tempting. He has all sisters and was raised in a home that was very open and verbal about anything sexual-probably knows to much about all the partners his mom had-but he's very comfortable talking to the girls about that stuff. Talks to them about why they don't get to touch me certain places whey they say "but daddy do!" and all that

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    I confess I'm also using Lydia's binocular birdwatching activity around here-I've got zoo animals, shapes, clouds, numbers, ABCs and am working on birds and we're going to rotate what we're hunting for...I might be going overboard...we'll see. I think my girls will love it. I have a feeling they'll be taking the binoculars everywhere with them. And I do mean everywhere. Like bed, the bath (already had to make a new pair for each of them!), shopping...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Claire has both nibbled and sat on her binoculars. They're pretty shabby, but I haven't been good about saving cardboard rolls. I really can't take the credit for the activity. Someone else on APA posted about it first (maybe it was Hanvan?) and I just publicized it.

Mine are still loving it. I have added more birds, cut out from a birdwatching magazine, and we're moving them around the house at least on a daily basis. It is so cool to see them discover where each new bird is.

I also did another craft with them by drawing tree branches on a piece of paper and pasting cut-out birds on the branches.
    I confess I must remember all of these wonderful ideas for when Liam is a bit older.

Here's a thought, as Liam loves to run around with cardboard tubes, too. He gnaws on the ends, they get stepped on (then the rat terrier gets a hold of them and I find them in tiny, soggy pieces). I finished a roll of plastic wrap a couple of weeks ago and discovered the tube is considerably heavier than a paper towel/tp roll. Liam can stand on it and it doesn't give at all. It would make great binoculars! In fact, you may have to use a hack saw or power saw to saw it in two. Aluminum foil and waxed paper rolls might be the same way.

Maybe ask family to save theirs for you if they're getting close to the end? Cause of course the disadvantage is that we don't go through those as fast as paper towels/tp rolls.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess I hope I'm able to have the open relationship with my son that I had with my mother when it came to talking about sex and body stuff - in a biological way. I think I knew all about it at age 8 (?) because my mother felt if I had questions, they should be answered honestly. I can never thank her enough about that. I was never the giggler in school if someone said "breast" or "penis".

I often wonder if the gender difference will make Liam embarrassed to talk to his mom about those things. I hope not. I'm going to try to make sure he knows he can ask any question and get an answer. Time will tell, I suppose.

AWESOME idea! I actually have a roll of foil and a roll of saran wrap that are nearly done! K has some fabric from my scraps that she brought me yesterday and asked if we could clue to her 'noculars which I think she's talking about mod podging so I think that'll be our next project-customized heavy-duty binoculars a la Sunrider!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

That is a great idea. I'm actually close to being out of plastic wrap and aluminum foil, so I'll have to remember to save the rolls.

Haha I don't have to worry about the "talk" for a while
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

shutterbird Guest

I confess that if I confess that my mom never gave me the talk or bought me pads, you all might think she's a bad mom. She's not, really, but she was a lot BETTER once I could take care of myself.

I confess I stole pads from my aunt's bathroom (she told a few months ago that she knew ) because toilet paper rolled up didn't work.

I confess I'm glad my parents raised me the way they did - it opened my eyes and I'm going to be a better parent for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    AWESOME idea! I actually have a roll of foil and a roll of saran wrap that are nearly done! K has some fabric from my scraps that she brought me yesterday and asked if we could clue to her 'noculars which I think she's talking about mod podging so I think that'll be our next project-customized heavy-duty binoculars a la Sunrider!
    YAY! and gluing fabric to the outside - what a great idea! Especially to "personalize" them with more than one LO.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    YAY! and gluing fabric to the outside - what a great idea! Especially to "personalize" them with more than one LO.
    I confess I hate it when I have a spelling error and someone quotes me...makes me tempted to abuse my mod power and edit myself AND them to fix it!

I confess I'm glad that you knew I meant Glue and not Clue!

all!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

I've already had the period talk with Savana! This girl hardly ever lets me go "potty" on my own. She's got that whole "girls go in a group" syndrome, big time. If she's going she'll sit and yell, "Mommy! Come and talk to me when I pee!"

I confess that I have no idea who 'daylilies' is...anyone want to help me out? I know I should know her

I confess I wish I had seen that post that Maggie was talking about concerning the communists. I love it when she gets feisty
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

Oh, Lydia, thanks for posting about the t-shirt. Cracked me up!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I've already had the period talk with Savana! This girl hardly ever lets me go "potty" on my own. She's got that whole "girls go in a group" syndrome, big time. If she's going she'll sit and yell, "Mommy! Come and talk to me when I pee!"
    What did you say to her? Just curious. I'd like some tips!

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannasmoms43 View Post
    I confess that I have no idea who 'daylilies' is...anyone want to help me out? I know I should know her

I confess I wish I had seen that post that Maggie was talking about concerning the communists. I love it when she gets feisty
    Daylilies = KateS!

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannasmoms43 View Post

Hi! Yup it's KateS. I decided it was time for a change. We missed you around here!

What did you say to her? Just curious. I'd like some tips!
    She saw when I wiped and was like, "WHOAH MOMMY! YOUR'E BLEEDING!" I told her that when girls grow up, one time every month for a couple of days, girls bleed from their vagina. She said, "Oh, I'm not going to that." and I said, "Oh but you are. And we're lucky because we get to have babies. And if we didn't bleed once a month then we wouldn't be able to have babies." Then she said, "Oh, I will bleed then." She asked me if it hurt and I said no.
    So that was that. I'm winging it here!
    I also told her that it's private and we should just talk about it between each other because this girl will make an announcement in the grocery store if I don't specify.

I confess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fONVFBxAYHw

(this is my eight year old niece I was talking about earlier Big E)

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fONVFBxAYHw

(this is my eight year old niece I was talking about earlier Big E)
    hehe. I gave her five stars for awesome!

I confess:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/hubby.asp
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

I confess that Anna AND Ben and Jerry's rocks.

I confess that I'm off to Algebra and everyone will probably be asleep by the time I get back. Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    She saw when I wiped and was like, "WHOAH MOMMY! YOUR'E BLEEDING!" I told her that when girls grow up, one time every month for a couple of days, girls bleed from their vagina. She said, "Oh, I'm not going to that." and I said, "Oh but you are. And we're lucky because we get to have babies. And if we didn't bleed once a month then we wouldn't be able to have babies." Then she said, "Oh, I will bleed then." She asked me if it hurt and I said no.
    So that was that. I'm winging it here!
    I also told her that it's private and we should just talk about it between each other because this girl will make an announcement in the grocery store if I don't specify.
    Good answer!