Page 123 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 23731131211221231241251331732236231123 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

shutterbird Guest

Kate, you're cute!

Oh and I definitely want my pre-preg body back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post

I confess: This is me
    That's totally how I pictured you.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Sorry about your pooter, Katy! And yeah, Best Buy refunding money? Unheard of!
    I was probably the only person he had talked to all day who didn't scream at him! He did say they only did it in EXTREME cases and only every once in a while. Catch more flies with honey than vinegar, they say. I really did try not to scream at anyone today, though the last phone contact with Hewlett Packard got a little dicey!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Check this link, Luna - it should tell you if you are okay: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669
    Other than the printer fiasco, how do you like it??
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

Okay, I hate having my picture taken and when I looked just now the only pics I have of me on this computer are from my wedding! Yikes, that was a long time ago.

Here I am, just for you, Kate. But I really don't normally look like this. And my eyes are bloodshot because I had to wear a ripped contact lens.

ETA: Sorry so huge! Adjusting size.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 09-03-2009 at 10:34 PM.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Other than the printer fiasco, how do you like it??
    Frankly, I am underwhelmed. The only real difference I see is when I right click an icon, the choices are now on a black background instead of a white background. No noticeable difference in speed or performance, though I am not a power user. I start a digital imaging class in a couple of weeks, so maybe it will be more apparent then. but yeah, PITA upgrade with no benefit and lots of cost!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Here's me at my class reunion this summer. Sorry about the obnoxious dude next to me. He's perpetual I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Kate, you're cute!

Oh and I definitely want my pre-preg body back!!
    Thanks. I'm about, uhm, 50 lbs heavier now. . .can't find a new photo I want to share, it's *that* bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    That's totally how I pictured you.

I know, right? I'm hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Okay, I hate having my picture taken and when I looked just now the only pics I have of me on this computer are from my wedding! Yikes, that was a long time ago.

Here I am, just for you, Kate. But I really don't normally look like this. And my eyes are bloodshot because I had to wear a ripped contact lens.

ETA: Sorry so huge! Adjusting size.
    Pretty. Can't see the eye-issue at all. This is why I don't *do* contacts, at ALL. They bug the crap outta me.

Frankly, I am underwhelmed. The only real difference I see is when I right click an icon, the choices are now on a black background instead of a white background. No noticeable difference in speed or performance, though I am not a power user. I start a digital imaging class in a couple of weeks, so maybe it will be more apparent then. but yeah, PITA upgrade with no benefit and lots of cost!

Ugh. This seems to be a pattern. I felt the same with the last upgrade, too. Not cool.

I confess my mother came to volunteer at my school today. I didn't see much of her as she was in one of the teacher's classrooms. She later told me one of the teacher's aide's told her "Oh, you're that cute little SLP's mom, right?"

My mother SAID TO ME ... she must have meant the other SLP. She didn't mean you, did she?

The other SLP is hispanic with jet black hair and dark skin. My mother is as white as I am.

???? I was actually insulted by that...

Ugh. This seems to be a pattern. I felt the same with the last upgrade, too. Not cool.
    After this last new macbook I felt forced to get (because you can't flippin' upgrade, you have to buy new!), I am really off macs. I like them just fine, but not enough to pay double what a pc notebook would have been and then all these back end charges that increased the total by another $500 (so far!). I just want to know how they can sell me a computer without any word processing or excel and then expect me to pay another $80 for those programs! Grr. They should be on there! That should just be the bare minimum - I don't need garage band, I need to type up a frickin' invoice!

Oh, and all my documents that were created on my last mac are too "old" to translate so I might as well have gotten a pc for all the good this mac was for continuity and ease of transition.

Too late: I should have said "don't get me started!"

I confess I don't know why I am staying up so late getting MAD!

Time to pack it in.

I confess my mother came to volunteer at my school today. I didn't see much of her as she was in one of the teacher's classrooms. She later told me one of the teacher's aide's told her "Oh, you're that cute little SLP's mom, right?"

My mother SAID TO ME ... she must have meant the other SLP. She didn't mean you, did she?

The other SLP is hispanic with jet black hair and dark skin. My mother is as white as I am.

???? I was actually insulted by that...
    Wait, was your mom insinuating that you aren't cute?
    Hells no Mama! That's not cool.

Wait, was your mom insinuating that you aren't cute?
    Hells no Mama! That's not cool.
    That's how I interpreted it! I mean, the other girl is adorable ... but NOBODY would think she was my mother's daughter.

Not cool, Mom.

I confess I finally found a picture I'm in that's worth sharing. We're in Wal-Mart. . .

That's how I interpreted it! I mean, the other girl is adorable ... but NOBODY would think she was my mother's daughter.

Not cool, Mom.
    My brother and I both worked at the same preschool for several years. On more than one occasion my mom would say this and that in regards to him "working at a daycare" and how "she always expected so much more from him."
    I'm all

Not cool, Mom.
    Moms can be weird that way unintentionally. Especially if she doesn't think of you as "petite". My DH's mom inserts her foot in her mouth all the time like that. OY.

I confess I may have a Bejeweled Blitz addiction. And I'm not even that good!

shutterbird Guest

My pic is in my avatar. I really need to lose weight... I'm trying, honestly. I've started actually COOKING. Yay me!

I have a picture of me 16 weeks pregnant with Lorelai and I'd give anything to have that tiny belly. LOL.

My brother and I both worked at the same preschool for several years. On more than one occasion my mom would say this and that in regards to him "working at a daycare" and how "she always expected so much more from him."
    I'm all
    Eek! So sorry. I love the double standard.

And looking at your daycare ... if only more people could do that!

Kate, how cute! Thanks for sharing.

I'm all
    Geeze. . .Offensive to both of you. Is it always like that?

I confess I think I need someone to tell me to go to bed.
    Last edited by Luna; 09-03-2009 at 11:19 PM. Reason: it's late. I can't type or think.

I confess I really need my sleep these days. I need to get off the computer. It's an addiction.

I confess I really need my sleep these days. I need to get off the computer. It's an addiction.

Yeah, except I'm 2 hours ahead of you, I think? With an 8:00 meeting. Yikes.

Go to bed (not that I don't love the company). Does that help?

Madi's awake! There's my excuse. Night all.

Night. I'm off to bed, too.

I confess it's late and I'm bored. I did stumble upon this. Hehe.
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I confess living in England does have its benefits sometimes. When I first moved here, I thought I'd eventually go back to America one day. Now that I've been here 6 1/2 years, I don't think I want to be anywhere else.
    I confess I'm green with envy. Tred talks about moving to the UK several times a year - usually spurred by politics or insurance or job stress, or if his mom is pissing him off. I figure if it ever happens it won't be until parents pass. I can't imaging traveling internationally to visit my parents, whom I'm very close too and would miss too much.

I confess. . .I wonder why it is that I'm consistently ignored?? Relevance? Intelligence? Confidence? Timing? All of the above?
    ITA with PPs - must just be timing.

Grrrrrrrr. I installed Snow Leopard on my mac and it instantly disabled my printer. Stupid Apple makes it so I can't uninstall the stupid new operating system, and stupid Hewlett Packard won't make a patch for my four year old printer but the WILL give me a 25% discount on a new $200 printer. No one's website mentions any sort of difficulty with printer drivers, but apparently it has happened with a lot of different brands as well. So frustrating - it makes me feel like they are all in collusion
    I confess I have just pointed this (and later posts) about snow leopard to Tred. He's in love with his macbook (and frankly, so am I). He was planning on installing this, and now is looking into issues first. So Thanks for the heads up!

I confess I may have a Bejeweled Blitz addiction. And I'm not even that good!
    Bejeweled BLITZ? I love Bejeweled2 and recently sprung for the app on my podtouch. Now there's another one???
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Bejeweled Blitz is on Facebook and it's amazing.

Is it wrong that I want a beer at 9:47am? I'm not even a drinker, I just love the taste of beer. lol

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post

Is it wrong that I want a beer at 9:47am? I'm not even a drinker, I just love the taste of beer. lol
    It's noon somewhere!
    Oh and if you drink it with a bloody mary it's totally acceptable to drink beer in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Facebook. Figures.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I'm green with envy. Tred talks about moving to the UK several times a year - usually spurred by politics or insurance or job stress, or if his mom is pissing him off. I figure if it ever happens it won't be until parents pass. I can't imaging traveling internationally to visit my parents, whom I'm very close too and would miss too much.
    It does help for me that I am not very close to my parents. I still miss them and all but not like my DH would if we moved to the States and left his parents here. Immigration is getting stricter and stricter here, but I hope that you do one day get to stay here if that's what ya want!