Page 1215 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 21571511151165120512131214121512161217122512651315 ... LastLast
Results 36,421 to 36,450 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #36421
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ljs318 View Post
    Sorry for jumping in on this thread, but I just heard about Sherry on FB and have been looking for info. I am so sad. Sherry was in our DD room in 07 and we all mourned the loss of Drake with her. I was not friends with her on FB, but am still just so sad. She had some rough times. Her poor girls.
    Not much is known. She'd received some devastating news at the studio (Thursday, I think?) about her ex. One of her co-coaches stayed with her and hugged her. Told her if she needed anything to call him. She said she would. When he left her, she was with a student. The next morning, she took her life. I think it was that he'd been cheating on her throughout their entire relationship, with multiple women, but I don't know for sure.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  2. #36422

    Default

    How terrible! Drake had just passed away when I first started lurking at APA, and I remember being deeply touched by her story. I will be thinking of her family today.
    D-Mama (37) D-Dada (43) and D-Baby (11/02/2011)


  3. #36423
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,426

    Default

    Oh no! Do you know what happened? I was very sad about Drake as well, and I have recently been reading a lot of studies that discuss how mothers' mortality increases within two years of a child's death, independent of any other factors. I know it's been more than two years, but she has had a lot of sadness to deal with. I'm so sorry to hear this.


  4. #36424
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,495

    Default

    Jumping in too. Just head and Drake's passing devastated everyone. I remember it so well.

    Anyone know where her daughters are? My God, those poor girls.
    Audrey (38) DH (34), Lilly (DD), Logan (DS). Breastfeeding is more than feeding. It is communication between mother and baby. It is a form of nurturing; it is an act of love.

  5. #36425
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish-Eyes View Post
    Jumping in too. Just head and Drake's passing devastated everyone. I remember it so well.

    Anyone know where her daughters are? My God, those poor girls.
    I think Bianca is close to where Sherry lived. She was just married a few months ago. I can't even remember her other daughter's name, and she's not on Sherry's Facebook list of friends. I wonder if they had a rift? She never spoke of it with me.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 10-24-2012 at 11:23 AM.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  6. #36426

    Default

    To say I'm sorry doesn't seem to cut it. I didn't know or even know of Sherry, but it hurts to hear about her pain and everyone's feelings of loss and sorrow for her and her family. May she RIP.
    Last edited by demigraf; 10-24-2012 at 01:55 PM.

  7. #36427

    Default

    Her other daughter can't be more than 9 years old. Sherri was in my birth month and I remember that when Drake died Ciera was maybe 4 or 5 years old. I am so torn up about that little girl and what she will have to go through in her life with all the losses she has already sustained. I'm sorry that Sherri was in so much pain, but I wish she wouldn't have left her other children like that. I wish she could have found another way.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  8. #36428
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    Her other daughter can't be more than 9 years old. Sherri was in my birth month and I remember that when Drake died Ciera was maybe 4 or 5 years old. I am so torn up about that little girl and what she will have to go through in her life with all the losses she has already sustained. I'm sorry that Sherri was in so much pain, but I wish she wouldn't have left her other children like that. I wish she could have found another way.
    My heart breaks for Ciera as well. I wish I could squeeze her tight.

    Sherry had 2 older daughters. They were each about 2 years older than my 2 oldest girls. I remember that was one of the things that made us bond when I joined APA. We were the 'older' moms with older girls already. She ultimately had 4 children and I had 4 as well. We both would joke quite frequently to each other that we didn't look 1/2 bad for having 4 kids. We called each other "hot mama" often.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  9. #36429

    Default

    So sad to hear this about Sherry! I also remember her and for some odd reason even thought of her and Drake a few days ago. I remember the pic of Drake in his bumbo. So sorry for her family and all the things she had to go through. It is just heartbreaking.

    Erin

  10. #36430

    Default

    So so so so sad.

  11. #36431

    Default

    It's so sad about Sherry. I remember when Drake died, I was 6 months pregnant. Her poor daughter and family.

    Dana-I'm Shelley. I have a hard time keeping people's names straight too
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

  12. #36432

    Default

    How horrible! I do remember her from back then. I have her on my facebook...we never really talked but she was always posting something about dancing and how much she loved it. Jeez.

  13. #36433
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Today is Ciara's 7th birthday. I'm going to be sick.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  14. #36434
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,420

    Default

    Oh my goodness. How tragic for her family. :'(

  15. #36435
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,469

    Default

    I too remember when Drake died. The whole thing is very sad and I'm sorry you lost your friend Chrissy. But mostly I feel so awful for that little girl.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  16. #36436

    Default

    What? Oh my gosh. What? Oh that poor, poor child.

  17. #36437
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Today is Ciara's 7th birthday. I'm going to be sick.
    Jesus H CHrist.
    Audrey (38) DH (34), Lilly (DD), Logan (DS). Breastfeeding is more than feeding. It is communication between mother and baby. It is a form of nurturing; it is an act of love.

  18. #36438
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Avoiding Work
    Posts
    14,719

    Default

    What a sad, sad situation

    Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog


  19. #36439

    Default

    Oh, that poor child. I looked on Sherri's fb page and saw that a few weeks back Ciara was having panic attacks thinking about hurricanes and tornadoes and scary things like that. Sherri's distress must have been "leaking out" onto her and causing her to have anxiety attacks. I hope like hell her family gets her into counseling and to a safe, secure place where she can heal. I cannot stop worrying about that little girl.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  20. #36440
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Not much is known. She'd received some devastating news at the studio (Thursday, I think?) about her ex. One of her co-coaches stayed with her and hugged her. Told her if she needed anything to call him. She said she would. When he left her, she was with a student. The next morning, she took her life. I think it was that he'd been cheating on her throughout their entire relationship, with multiple women, but I don't know for sure.
    So, so sad!
    Growing fast... DD1 (6) & DD2 (4)
    Forever loved, forever missed... Twin Girls with us for 19w3d 6/12/06

  21. #36441
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,641

    Default

    How absolutely tragic. I don't remember Sherry and Drake but what an incredibly sad story. That poor little girl.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  22. #36442
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Judging from some posts by friends, it appears the latest husband may have been physically abusive to her. She never told me that, but she did admit to me that he'd gone out on a coke binge and kept her up for 4 days straight in July. I knew things weren't good....but weren't we just talking about women in domestic abuse relationships? How ironic is that? Sadly, that is another familiar outcome for women that are beaten down (emotionally and/or physically).

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  23. #36443

    Default

    That is awful!

  24. #36444
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Avoiding Work
    Posts
    14,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Judging from some posts by friends, it appears the latest husband may have been physically abusive to her. She never told me that, but she did admit to me that he'd gone out on a coke binge and kept her up for 4 days straight in July. I knew things weren't good....but weren't we just talking about women in domestic abuse relationships? How ironic is that? Sadly, that is another familiar outcome for women that are beaten down (emotionally and/or physically).
    I hope she has family who will get her little girl all the help she needs. Many to all you mamas that were close to her

  25. #36445
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    In other news, I arrived home yesterday to a notice on my door that the water dept had been there due to "payment due" Water is supposed to be included in my rent. I am not happy.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  26. #36446
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,469

    Default

    Chrissy what the heck????? Do you have it in the lease?

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  27. #36447
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Chrissy what the heck????? Do you have it in the lease?
    Yes I do. And as soon as it's turned off, I don't care if I have to put my stuff in storage and sleep on my mom's couch, I'm outta there. And they WILL give me my security deposit back.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  28. #36448
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,740

    Default

    I am sorry for the loss of a good friend, Chrissy. How terrible for her family!

  29. #36449

    Default

    My former friend's little girl died at their home on Sunday. I had been avoiding her family blog because I knew how bad things were, so I just found out last night, after spending much time yesterday thinking about Sherry and Drake, and the impact that losing him surely had on her. How do you survive something like that? I mean, really, how does a mother keep going with her life after watching her child die? I know there are women on APA who *have* survived, and continue to do so....I cannot fathom the strength these women must possess.
    D-Mama (37) D-Dada (43) and D-Baby (11/02/2011)


  30. #36450
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dana_renay View Post
    My former friend's little girl died at their home on Sunday. I had been avoiding her family blog because I knew how bad things were, so I just found out last night, after spending much time yesterday thinking about Sherry and Drake, and the impact that losing him surely had on her. How do you survive something like that? I mean, really, how does a mother keep going with her life after watching her child die? I know there are women on APA who *have* survived, and continue to do so....I cannot fathom the strength these women must possess.


    I have no idea, but my heart goes out to you and especially your friends. That poor family.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •