Page 120 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 20701101181191201211221301702206201120 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    gwennero...why did you make the lunch lady cry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    How'd you make the lunch lady cry??
    I'll PM you guys. I don't mind sharing but not sure I should post the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess I'm sitting here in the breakroom at work, trying to pull myself together because my patient was sobbing while talking about her husband dying after a bout with cancer. I started crying while she was talking because I was empathizing with her, and because it brought back so many painful memories about how terribly consumed with grief the first few months after a loved one's death can be. I have a really hard time not getting emotional when people talk about their loved ones being sick or dying now, and this one just pushed me over the edge. I can't believe that it's been three years and I still get surprised by my emotions sometimes.
    So very sorry to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I banged right the eff back.
    I would have done the same thing.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Yay Janeen! I'm so happy to see your latest numbers

First ultrasound was just officially scheduled. Friday the 11th at 9:30am.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

First ultrasound was just officially scheduled. Friday the 11th at 9:30am.
    I can't wait!!
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

I can't wait!!
    Well then, that makes two of us!

She offered another beta and said Saturday would be a good day but I think I'm going to be camping this weekend darnit!

How exciting, an ultrasound!!! Woot woot Gives me something to look forward to... I don't think I have another one until mid/late October!

shutterbird Guest

I confess...

Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Component
    Beta HCG

8/24/2009 - 31
    8/26/2009 - 78
    9/1/2009 - 711

Janeen,
    The Betas look great!
    The progesterone is not resulted yet, but if you have been using suppositories for the last few days, it will not be a valid result.
    I will send it when I see it.
    Your pregnancy is growing!
    Please call to set up an ultrasound appointment for Sept 11 or 14. That is likely the soonest we will see heart motion.
    Best Wishes!
    That's SOOOO exciting!!!

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

I confess those are awesome numbers, Janeen! And yay for an u/s! Not even 2 weeks to wait

I confess I want a PM with the story Mandy...I like your work stories

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I confess I still try to log in my old name each and every time I come here! Over 3 years of the same name will do that to you, I guess!
    I'm so excited about the beta #'s and the ultrasound.
    And, I think this was in the other confession thread, but I want peach shortcake now.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Those are great numbers, Janeen! I am looking forward to your ultrasound.

Yay Janeen!!!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

12. Default

I'd have an issue with someone using my stuff for this reason, even though I think stinky gym clothes are the perfect thing to go in an MU Tigers bag.
    LOL... I added the fact that it was an MU bag JUST for you Kate!!

I confess that the giant red frog that Ronin is sitting on in Lydia's pic reminds me a lot of the frog clan in Naruto... and I feel sort of silly admitting that I know that

I confess that the wife of my DH's new friend at the office just asked for my phone number. The anti-social side of me is like "eep" but the other side is like "yay!"

I confess that the last confession just made me sound like a loser

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    Yes she was delicious!!!
    Ah, you grok her in fullness . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I'll PM you guys. I don't mind sharing but not sure I should post the whole story.
    Me too! Me too! I wanna know too!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Great numbers, Janeen!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    I confess that the giant red frog that Ronin is sitting on in Lydia's pic reminds me a lot of the frog clan in Naruto... and I feel sort of silly admitting that I know that
    I confess that my APA friends can tell my children apart far better than my own sister.

I love this picture!

I confess that I'm annoyed because I've tried three times to book our November vacation to Mexico and each time I get all the way through the reservation process, filling out names and frequent flyer numbers, choosing seats on the plane, and filling in all of the credit card and billing info, only to be told I can't complete it at the end because the flight is no longer available. Now there is nothing convenient or inexpensive available, and it is interesting that all of the best flights are gone.

I wrote a letter to customer service. I hate to think of spending an extra $1000 to get inconvenient flights.

shutterbird Guest

Ugh, Lydia, that sucks! You'd think they'd hold the seats while you fill out your info! Good luck!!

I confess people who come into political threads and post stuff to start drama are annoying.

Ugh, I'm sorry Lydia. Considering how much they're hurting, you'd think the travel industry would get their acts together, yes?

When we did the move from CA to AR, DH called the airline to verify, from a live human being, that there was enough room on the flight to bring 2 cabin pets and 1 cargo pet. They said "sure!", he booked... five minutes later he gets a phone call "well one of the cats will have to stay in Denver (our layover) because there's not enough room on the 2nd plane"... So we cancelled and they refused to refund our money for almost a month...

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Ugh, Lydia, that sucks! You'd think they'd hold the seats while you fill out your info! Good luck!!

I confess people who come into political threads and post stuff to start drama are annoying.
    I confess I agree and I've decided to stay out of that thread.

I hardly ever go into political threads. It's too difficult to change the minds of those with whom I disagree, and usually someone else has said what I would have wanted to say, only more eloquently. I read them though, and am usually shocked by what different people say--it gives me a broader grasp of how people across the country are thinking, as opposed to my liberal haven here. And it helps me realize why certain laws are on the books or why certain presidents got elected.

I hardly ever go into political threads. It's too difficult to change the minds of those with whom I disagree, and usually someone else has said what I would have wanted to say, only more eloquently. I read them though, and am usually shocked by what different people say--it gives me a broader grasp of how people across the country are thinking, as opposed to my liberal haven here. And it helps me realize why certain laws are on the books or why certain presidents got elected.
    Yes

]it gives me a broader grasp of how people across the country are thinking, as opposed to my liberal haven here. And it helps me realize why certain laws are on the books or why certain presidents got elected.
    Yes, this, a million times over.

I confess that baked chicken tenders suck compared to deep fried.

shutterbird Guest

Definitely, I'm all for that. I'm just talking about those that go in and throw a few words here and there of absolutely no importance, just to "spice things up", so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Definitely, I'm all for that. I'm just talking about those that go in and throw a few words here and there of absolutely no importance, just to "spice things up", so to speak.
    UMMM yes. I know exactly what you're talking about. Annoying.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Yes, this, a million times over.

I confess that baked chicken tenders suck compared to deep fried.

And yep!

I confess that I hired a babysitter today to come twice a week for three hours. I know that kind of makes me a looser of a SAHM, but I confess that I am looking forward to having 6 whole daylight hours to myself. Of course I'll probably just end up cleaning the bathrooms while she's here.
    "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

I confess I get confused by debates and usually just end up not knowing what I personally think because I can kind of see both sides. I just read that thread and I have a headache. LOL

I confess that I just got the camping gear out of the storage and put it in the car.

I confess my niece drives me insane. I told her to pack for three days and bring layers of clothes and lots of blankets. She got the blankets down, some pillows and most of the clothes. What does she forget??? SOCKS, UNDERWEAR, HER TOOTHBRUSH AND DEODORANT! Lady, you're 13 years old!!!!

I confess I will be buying her those items tomorrow before we leave, especially the deodorant since she had some massive funk going on when I picked her up.

I confess I had to make her go and wash her armpits as soon as we got to my house. She asked to use my deodorant afterward and I just couldn't let her.

I confess I have to pack my clothes and make the list of what we need.

I confess I will be leaving tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday!

I confess that (TMI) I won't be able to take a shower Friday or Saturday and it should be grand with these progesterone suppositories! Thank goodness for pads and feminine wipes I guess? Yikes!
    Last edited by Janeen; 09-02-2009 at 08:52 PM.

I confess that (TMI) I won't be able to take a shower Friday or Saturday and it should be grand with these progesterone suppositories! Thank goodness for pads and feminine wipes I guess? Yikes!
    Now THERE'S a visual!

I haven't been camping in years! That sounds like so much fun.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I confess that it really makes me angry when people are so pig headed and mean about public school teachers, especially when we have so many on the boards. School teachers are mostly AMAZING and I didn't have many that were super biased and trying to get me to hate my parents for their beliefs or hate myself for mine. I did have lots of teachers that made me THINK, which I guess to some people is a big no-no. Like fine, if you want to homeschool, do your own thing, I guess, but there is no need to insult so many people along the way. Gee, that turned into a rant.
    Norah! (3 yr)