Page 119 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109117118119120121 129 169 219 619 1119 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #3541

    Default

    I confess I felt like a successful mom for the first time in a while today. I was able to calm him down when he was nervous about going to the day care at my new gym. Then he was laughing and smiling with me most of the day. We had no major outbursts. I was able to get him to eat some sandwich before his cookie even though he begged and begged to not have lunch, just the cookie. And he ate half a pb&j and some strawberries for a snack later. Then DH came home and was totally rude to me and I felt like I was failing at raising DH. LOL

  2. #3542
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    I confess that DH and I each had three cigarettes today.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  3. #3543
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    I confess... I offered and he turned me down. Talk about stomping on a girls self-esteem. It's not that great to start with, and this happens all of the time.

    I confess I wish I had something positive to confess about.

  4. #3544

    Default

    Aww Kim.

  5. #3545
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Thanks Steph.

    I need a boyfriend.


  6. #3546

    Default

    I confess I don't want to go back to work next week. I don't like working in the after-school program, and wish I would get transferred back to working in a special day class as a one-on-one. I wish I would have never quit in the first place, because then I wouldn't have to have applied for such a crappy position. Plus the pay is waaaaaaaay better. Ugh.
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

  7. #3547

    Default



    I confess that in three days I seem to have missed A LOT!!!

    I confess that my NT scan is at 11 today! YAY!

    Lydia, thanks to your luck, things worked out WAY better the next time we tried things

    I like the new name, Kate!

    Janeen, pwwweeeeeze stop smoking! Smokers placenta = calcified and gross

    And to everyone who needs them, since I read 4 pages back but there's no realistic way to quote and respond to all of it


  8. #3548

    Default

    I confess I really really don't want to work. I get anxious just thinking about it. DH wants me to go back into cooking but I just can't even think about it without wanting to cry. I know we really need the money but I just don't know what I will be able to stand doing. The one place I want to work never called me after I put in a resume.

    And thanks WillowSpy I like your name change too.

    Janeen you both should quit smoking! I know you know this already...but please if not for your health then for your little baby! Ok I'll get off your case now.

    gwennero...why did you make the lunch lady cry?

  9. #3549

    Default

    I confess for the first time yesterday I did a successful butterfly blood draw!!! It was also from a student with the veins hardly anyone was successful with
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  10. #3550

    Default

    I confess this..............:







    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  11. #3551
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,521

    Default

    I confess I'm sitting here in the breakroom at work, trying to pull myself together because my patient was sobbing while talking about her husband dying after a bout with cancer. I started crying while she was talking because I was empathizing with her, and because it brought back so many painful memories about how terribly consumed with grief the first few months after a loved one's death can be. I have a really hard time not getting emotional when people talk about their loved ones being sick or dying now, and this one just pushed me over the edge. I can't believe that it's been three years and I still get surprised by my emotions sometimes.

    I was glad to see a happy video with Evie crawling, though. Thanks for helping me stop crying.

    And congrats on the successful blood draw.


  12. #3552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess I'm sitting here in the breakroom at work, trying to pull myself together because my patient was sobbing while talking about her husband dying after a bout with cancer. I started crying while she was talking because I was empathizing with her, and because it brought back so many painful memories about how terribly consumed with grief the first few months after a loved one's death can be. I have a really hard time not getting emotional when people talk about their loved ones being sick or dying now, and this one just pushed me over the edge. I can't believe that it's been three years and I still get surprised by my emotions sometimes.

    I was glad to see a happy video with Evie crawling, though. Thanks for helping me stop crying.

    And congrats on the successful blood draw.

    I think that is going to be tough for me too. Trying not to cry when I hear of such tragedy.

    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  13. #3553
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Poor little guy! He's probably less upset about it, now that it's over, than you are. When we were in Wyoming Claire face-planted onto concrete and bled all over the place and then looked like she had a gigantic herpes lesion on her mouth for all of our trip pictures. After the initial crying, she was totally fine, as she has been for every other injury. I hope Travis feels just as fine, and his marks go away soon so you can stop having the visual reminder.
    Thanks, Lydia. He's a lot better today. I think my FIL was the most traumatized as he wouldn't say boo to a goose (as they say here in England), so he felt quite guilty over the incident.

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I confess I felt like a successful mom for the first time in a while today. I was able to calm him down when he was nervous about going to the day care at my new gym. Then he was laughing and smiling with me most of the day. We had no major outbursts. I was able to get him to eat some sandwich before his cookie even though he begged and begged to not have lunch, just the cookie. And he ate half a pb&j and some strawberries for a snack later. Then DH came home and was totally rude to me and I felt like I was failing at raising DH. LOL
    You are a great mom. Give yourself a pat on the back; you deserve it! I always notice on your posts how hard you work at being the best you can be for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that DH and I each had three cigarettes today.
    Aw, Janeen, I know you don't need us telling you you need to stop, but dang it, woman, stop smoking! You can do it!

    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess... I offered and he turned me down. Talk about stomping on a girls self-esteem. It's not that great to start with, and this happens all of the time.

    I confess I wish I had something positive to confess about.
    Tell him you will be looking for a boyfriend if he don't give it up soon...that always works with my DH.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Lydia, thanks to your luck, things worked out WAY better the next time we tried things
    Woot woot! She's a saucy spy. ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    I confess for the first time yesterday I did a successful butterfly blood draw!!! It was also from a student with the veins hardly anyone was successful with
    Great job, Alisha!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess I'm sitting here in the breakroom at work, trying to pull myself together because my patient was sobbing while talking about her husband dying after a bout with cancer. I started crying while she was talking because I was empathizing with her, and because it brought back so many painful memories about how terribly consumed with grief the first few months after a loved one's death can be. I have a really hard time not getting emotional when people talk about their loved ones being sick or dying now, and this one just pushed me over the edge. I can't believe that it's been three years and I still get surprised by my emotions sometimes.
    I'm so sorry, Lydia. It's so hard to be so strong most of the time that it's hard to cry when we need to. I really appreciate all the support you give on these boards. Your posts about the twins and you and your DH always make me smile.

  14. #3554

    Default

    I'm so sorry, Lydia. I have no idea how I'd deal with things like that at work. Teaching inner city high school was waaaay too emotional for me as it was



  15. #3555

    Default

    I confess...where the heck is Janeen???

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  16. #3556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    I confess...where the heck is Janeen???
    I ate her.
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  17. #3557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    I ate her.

    I missssss her!
    She went MIA!

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  18. #3558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post

    I missssss her!
    She went MIA!
    Where is my PM btw?!?!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  19. #3559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    Where is my PM btw?!?!
    UH OH!! What PM??? I'm sorry, did I tell you I was going to pm you about something?? my brain is FRIED! LOL. I have a horrible memory! Sorry mama! Remind me what it was about and i'll do that!!

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  20. #3560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    UH OH!! What PM??? I'm sorry, did I tell you I was going to pm you about something?? my brain is FRIED! LOL. I have a horrible memory! Sorry mama! Remind me what it was about and i'll do that!!
    It was a PM going around earlier in this thread...drama possibly?
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  21. #3561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    It was a PM going around earlier in this thread...drama possibly?
    OH OK! I remember, the one from Janeen! I'll send it to you. I still have it. Crazy people!!

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  22. #3562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    OH OK! I remember, the one from Janeen! I'll send it to you. I still have it. Crazy people!!



    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  23. #3563

    Default

    Wait, wait someone ate Janeen? And I missed drama? Sigh... that's what I get for being out and about doing things that need to be done


  24. #3564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Wait, wait someone ate Janeen? And I missed drama? Sigh... that's what I get for being out and about doing things that need to be done
    Yes she was delicious!!!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  25. #3565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Wait, wait someone ate Janeen? And I missed drama? Sigh... that's what I get for being out and about doing things that need to be done


    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    Yes she was delicious!!!
    I've had perverted thoughts ever since you said you ate her, now stop it! LMAO!!

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  26. #3566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post




    I've had perverted thoughts ever since you said you ate her, now stop it! LMAO!!

    I'm sure DH appreciates it!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  27. #3567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess I'm really annoyed with DH right now.

    I have been talking for years about wanting to work music therapy into my speech therapy sessions. I have two kids right now who could really benefit from it (one I think is a savant). Today at work my sort-of boss came to observe one of the students and told me he started out as a music therapist. He asked if I played guitar and I told him I was teaching myself. He then offered to show me the types of rhythms and patterns that would work for my kids and said he'd come by at a certain time to work with the kids / teach me.

    I am SO excited about this.

    The first thing I did when I got home was tell DH and now he is JEALOUS! It's my #$%@ boss ... I'm not trying to have an affair you idiot!

    I confess I was told I made the lunch lady cry today.
    Awesome about the music therapy!! I've helped out and supported one of my kids with two ladies here who have their own practice doing combined music and art therapy. The kids love it and have so much fun!

    How'd you make the lunch lady cry???

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    And today's issue with sBIL -- I found my missing (MU Tigers) re-usable grocery bag. He was using it for his dirty stinky gym clothes!! WTF dude?! Use a plastic bag!!
    I'd have an issue with someone using my stuff for this reason, even though I think stinky gym clothes are the perfect thing to go in an MU Tigers bag.


    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that DH and I each had three cigarettes today.
    Make it 2 today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess I'm sitting here in the breakroom at work, trying to pull myself together because my patient was sobbing while talking about her husband dying after a bout with cancer. I started crying while she was talking because I was empathizing with her, and because it brought back so many painful memories about how terribly consumed with grief the first few months after a loved one's death can be. I have a really hard time not getting emotional when people talk about their loved ones being sick or dying now, and this one just pushed me over the edge. I can't believe that it's been three years and I still get surprised by my emotions sometimes.

    I was glad to see a happy video with Evie crawling, though. Thanks for helping me stop crying.

    And congrats on the successful blood draw.
    Lydia.

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    OH OK! I remember, the one from Janeen! I'll send it to you. I still have it. Crazy people!!
    Me too!
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)


  28. #3568
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    I confess that I hate going to work some times...I miss all of the eating goodness.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  29. #3569
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    I confess that I am about to go OFF on these new lame ass neighbors of ours. DH got a call this morning that they have been complaining about the bass on our tv. Yeah, it's a 61 inch tv and yeah it is near the wall that is their living room wall but guess what??? We don't have a bass booster on it and it is NEVER above 20 and it isn't even touching the wall. A few days ago my niece and I were watching tv and all of a sudden there is really loud banging on the wall. I figured they were hanging some pictures or something. Then I looked at my niece after it continued for a few rounds and said "Surely they can't hear that tv right???" and decided there was no way. Wellllllllll apparantly they can. The other neighbors never said anything about it. Apparently these two are law students and can't study because of our tv that is always at a normal household level??? I told DH he needs to tell the HOA dude to tell these neighbors too bad because there's a student in this house and she likes to study with her tv on.

    Anyway, I came home tonight and decided to test the waters...I turned the tv on and not even 5 minutes later they were banging on the wall again!!!

    I confess that I banged right the eff back.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  30. #3570
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    I confess...

    Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!

    Component
    Beta HCG

    8/24/2009 - 31
    8/26/2009 - 78
    9/1/2009 - 711

    Janeen,
    The Betas look great!
    The progesterone is not resulted yet, but if you have been using suppositories for the last few days, it will not be a valid result.
    I will send it when I see it.
    Your pregnancy is growing!
    Please call to set up an ultrasound appointment for Sept 11 or 14. That is likely the soonest we will see heart motion.
    Best Wishes!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •