Page 1148 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 14864810481098113811461147114811491150115811981248 ... LastLast
Results 34,411 to 34,440 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I would have acted like it wasn't me, looked around accusingly, then after a few minutes, went to the bathroom lol!

Erin

Oh Erin that is hilarious. Dbf and I were on a return flight home from friend's Vegas wedding years ago, pre children. He had over indulged and was suffering horrible, foul gas. It was truly awful. On a plane, no less. When people would turn around in disgust at the smell, he gave a sideways glance at the elderly woman in the seat next to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I would have acted like it wasn't me, looked around accusingly, then after a few minutes, went to the bathroom lol!

Erin
    LOL! I always blame the ones that can't defend themselves. Either the dogs or the kid if possible.

Windy!!!!!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    LOL! I always blame the ones that can't defend themselves. Either the dogs or the kid if possible.
    Gwennie (my dog) is the only dog I have ever known to fart audibly. I have had more than my fair share of arguments with DH over who was the source of the fart, me or the dog. Usually he's blaming me for her farts, rather than the other way around!

ETA: Myles, I guess the issue I'm having is that I'm on my mac, and when I open a PDF on the mac it opens it in Preview and not in a browser window, so I can't get the address from the browser. It's a long address so it doesn't show the full address from google (part of it contains /.../ and when I tried cutting/pasting that it obviously couldn't find the address). I guess I could always save it and email it to you, but that seems like a pain. Is there another way around it?
    Last edited by Gwenn; 08-14-2012 at 06:03 PM.

It's no problem, Mandy. You don't have trouble yourself for me just so I can pass along an article to my husband who may or may not read it. I thank you for trying, though!!!

LOL! I gave it a valiant effort, at least.

We had this little terrier mix Sparky, that was our office dog, he was the official greeter. He also ate people food, which gave him I cannot breath I need a gas mask farts. When my aunt would pick-up clients at the airport, Sparky would go with her. He of course would choose this time to tuck himself under my aunt's feet and let out a killer SBD. Of course the stink would be blamed on the dog. Which I am sure people thought, oh sure blame the cute little dog at your feet. Sparky loved to go for car rides, that my aunt couldn't not take him. LOL!!
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

SBD lol
    Our cat, Pawprint, can clear a room. Even Sawyer gags.

ack I have forgotten what a pita dogs can be! I am dog sitting my sister's 15 year old dachshund and he has had diarrhea 3 times on our carpet!!! Even with a 4 year old in the house our carpet doesn't take this kind of abuse. If anyone knows of a trick to get rid of the stains. I think the dog is just a bundle of nerves, he is very attached to my sister, we have not given him a morsel of human food. Last night dh made him a cage in the kitchen. ugh
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    ack I have forgotten what a pita dogs can be! I am dog sitting my sister's 15 year old dachshund and he has had diarrhea 3 times on our carpet!!! Even with a 4 year old in the house our carpet doesn't take this kind of abuse. If anyone knows of a trick to get rid of the stains. I think the dog is just a bundle of nerves, he is very attached to my sister, we have not given him a morsel of human food. Last night dh made him a cage in the kitchen. ugh
    Ugh-how unfortunate! Poor doggie and poor you For me, I think I've tried everything over the years and nothing really beats the old fashioned cleaners...baking soda, vinegar, or perhaps ammonia. With a steam cleaner as well. I can't live without a steam cleaner...we have one for shampooing carpets and although neither of us have carpets right now (and I never plan on having any again!) I can't seem to let go of it, a Shark steamer, and a handheld one that I typically use on Cramer's cage but have also found various other uses for it as well.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Ohhhh, that SUCKS. I have found since having children that I have very little patience for animal messes. Poor dog, regardless. I don't know what to tell you about stains. My carpet was horribly stained before I begged dbf to rip it up and put down hardwood.

Speaking of animals, I had the worst nights sleep I have had in a very, very long time last night. We are trying to give our cats their worm medicine and Pawprint won't eat the food with the medicine in it so she was harrassing me all night for new food. I actually put her outside once and the sneaky little devil put a hole in our screen to our bedroom so she came right back in. I was up 5-6 times dealing with her. I finally gave in and fed her. So tired today.

I hate giving meds to animals. The puppy is easy enough but Cosmo will spit out pills. We have to smother in peanut butter, shove it down her throat and hold her mouth closed till she swallows. Pill pockets do not work for her. Thank god her seizure med is liquid and she will take that easily long as it's squirted on some people food. And her eye stuff is drops and she's good about that.

Shelley, go to the pet store and get Nature's Miracle. That is what we have used since having dogs and light carpets. Has worked really great for us with having a puppy and going through potty training....or if the dogs throw up and it's icky colored. Come to think of it, we also used that stuff when DH's uncle spilled red mikes hard lemonade on our brand new light beige carpet and that worked really well on that too.

Does your sister's dog have his normal dog food? If it keeps up, you could try a little boiled chicken and plain rice. That is what we have done (per vet) a few times Cosmo had an upset stomach (usually from an antibiotic).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thanks Jennifer, I will try and get some Natural's Miracle. To be honest I think part of the reason is, G won't stop bugging him. He literally follows him around and wants to hug him or pet him or just pester him in general. This is an old dog that sleeps 23/7. The other dog we care for is smart enough to hide from G when he's had enough.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

For those of you with older kiddos, when did they start wiping their own butts? Kai still can't do a good job and I am worried about him starting school. I just keep hoping he will poop before he leaves in the morning since he is usually a morning pooper.

Conner is older and still isn't doing it. I honestly don't recall how old any of my girls were, but it certainly wasn't this big of a hassle. :/ I think boys are more difficult in this...but I'm hoping that the trade off is that they're easier as teens than my own girls are proving to me.

Gilly just started doing it last week. At first when he told he had pooped and wiped himself, I felt a little horror set it. I wasn't sure what I was going to find in the bathroom. But he actually did fine. I had to talk to him about making sure he gets clean. I knew it was something that he needed to learn this summer. He just turned 4 and will be going to pre-k in Sept. I had talked to him about it, and asked if he was ready to do it on his own, finally last week he just did it on his own. I guess he was sick of me just talking about it ;)
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Do you think it'll help to keep wet wipes around for our new budding butt-wipers? I still am wiping B (who doesn't poop on the potty all the time anyway), and even I don't feel like I do a good job unless I wipe him with something a little damp.

Just so you know, I had to quickly edit my above post, because I'd started the 2nd sentence with "I still am wiping mine", and although the "mine" referred to my budding butt-wiper, I was afraid you'd all take it to mean I was still wiping mine. So I went back and changed it. Phew! LOL.

Jennifer gave good advice WRT carpet stains. In your shoes though, I would NOT allow G to pester the dog. Around here, dog harassment, regardless of intent, is a punishable offense. Older dogs especially need peace and quiet, and it's impossible to tell what a dog that has had enough would do. Would really rather not go there.

I have no idea about butt wiping. All I know is that one of the nephews was 6 and still not wiping when I put my foot down about no sleep overs until he could do it himself.

what if the one harassing the dog is your DH Suja? LOL My poor girls, Dh harasses them a lot. I told him to leave Cosmo alone more because she's almost 9 and now he's mostly bugs the puppy. Though when he stops, she runs back for more..... If anyone harasses Cosmo now it's that pesky little Poogle.....she just thinks her big sister is the coolest thing ever and wants to play but Cosmo doesn't always want to. Wish we could have gotten the Poogle about 2-3 years ago when Cosmo could have ran circles around her. Darn seizure meds....stopped the seizures but made her gain a bit too much weight.

Cosmo likes the van. Poogle will have to ride in her kennel in it though, she will not listen and stay back.....and she was a bit scared of it anyway.

Mylah, so glad that you know how to wipe yours! There was a few days after I had surgery where i couldn't move enough to reach (I was really stiff and store) and DH had to do it for me. Omg how embarrasing. you know someone really loves you if they will do that for you.

Anyone else when they click on more smilies get a warning about that site having malware on it?????

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Anyone else when they click on more smilies get a warning about that site having malware on it?????
    I do not but there was a member about a month ago who had that. None of the mods got that warning and nobody replied to her thread about the problem that she posted. We assumed it was her virus software rather than the forum since no one else had the problem.

Elle is decent at wiping herself. I usually don't help her and I don't find skid marks in her panties most of the time. Sometimes she's lazy and won't wipe but that is unusual for her as she doesn't like feeling "nasty." Ky was about 4 or 5 when I stopped wiping him and I stopped just because I felt that he was old enough to do it himself. Maybe embarrassing but he still is what I call a "lazy" wiper in that he won't take his time and get it done right so he is a skid marker. I don't wash his clothes anymore so I'm not sure how he's been doing recently but I'm surely not going to wipe him anymore. DH did have a discussion about butt wiping with him a few months ago though when he saw the marks on his draws and it was a pretty funny conversation because DH was REALLY serious looking about it and was talking like it was some sort of step by step scientific experiment and eve told Ky next time he had to poop to call him and he would come in and watch lol!

I don't use the wet wipes because I feel they don't teach kids to wipe with regular toilet paper. Elle used them at daycare and then started not wiping well at home so I asked the daycare lady to not let her use them and Elle is better now again.

Erin

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

DD wipes herself (although she gets lazy and likes to have a grown-up do it) just fine. DS tries to do it, but is really bad at it. Honestly, I don't think it comes down to skill so much as poop consistency. DD has immaculate poops. She could probably get away without wiping at all. DS has poops that are difficult for me to even wipe. It requires about 20 wipes with first toilet paper and then baby wipes to get totally clean. They are like chocolate mousse, but more sticky, and way more stinky.

I have also been worrying about the kindergarten experience and the inability to wipe for a while. We've been practicing wiping for a long time, months and months and months. It is over and over again, take the toilet paper, wipe, look (is it clean?), drop. Repeat. In DS's case, after about five times, flush, and then keep going, and then flush again, and then keep going, and then finally eventually it will be so long that it's good enough. However, I recently asked him if he had to wipe himself at preschool and how he expected to do it without a grown-up in kindergarten, and he said, "Oh, Mom, I just don't poop when I'm at school!" so I've stopped worrying about it as much.

I like having the baby wipes at each toilet. Yes, they might make it a bit more difficult out and about it in the real world, but honestly, I think they are much gentler on the bottom and make it cleaner overall. I keep them in each bathroom now, for everyone. I think it's the best thing, short of installing bidets. There are a lot of comforts we have to go without when we're outside the house, but it doesn't mean we have to go without them so we can learn how to deal with them on a regular basis. My main focus is to teach them to not flush them (if you don't buy the flushable wipes).

I'm all about the flushable wipes. There are times when I am so grateful they are there!

There's a $210 charge on my bank account and I don't know wtf it is. I'm sick and already broke and I just do not want to deal with this.

What are the possiblities, Chrissy?

I haven't a clue Bridget. It's just a ACH withdrawal...or so it looks. I haven't paid check-by-phone in well over a year so I'm not even sure if that's what it is. Where the store is normally listed, or NYSEG my electric for credit payments, it's just a series of numbers. No name, address, or phone number.

oh geez Chrissy!

I will never forget the first time I saw a bidet. My sister, oldest niece and I were staying in a hotel together. We each took turns using it while the other stood laughing. It is a weird feeling and we were soaked afterwards. I am sure you are not supposed to use it that many times though lol.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

I confess I don't have the first clue how one would use a bidet.