Page 1132 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 13263210321082112211301131113211331134114211821232 ... LastLast
Results 33,931 to 33,960 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I'm sorry Bridget, that has to be hard

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

We will likely watch some olympics because the kids have been really curious about them ever since the Magic Treehouse Series took us to Ancient Greece. I do enjoy watching some of the events but don't make a huge effort to watch. If it happens to be on and I happen to be sitting there, I'll certainly enjoy it. Muscle butts and all

Tell me it's normal that my 4 year old son is quite taken with buns. He talks about buns a lot. He has his superheroes lined up talking about how Mr. Incredible has black buns and Spiderman has blue buns. Then if he sees me or dh naked he will grab our buns and squeal with delight. buns buns buns. Is this normal or is my son destined to be a total perv? I don't make an issue out of it, just tell him about personal boundaries and I don't want him to do that. The other day at library storytime, G was taking his friends hand and kissing it-like in the book The Kissing Hand. The other boy pulled it away as if to say wtf? I could tell G was hurt and confused, so later I told him that the kissing hand was just for our family only. And no he didn't grab any buns or say anything about buns lol.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

I would think it's normal. Buns are in fact quite amusing I am guessing it is just phase (says the mama that hasn't experienced this -- yet).

Nolan is completely enthralled with his penis. He has even started stick his hand down his diaper, holding onto his penis, and walking around like that. If DH gets naked with him in the same vicenity, Nolan will walk towards him, arm and pointer fingers extended towards it, and try to poke DHs penis Reminds me of E.T.

Oh yes well he is a boy so yes he does love his penis too!! I think it must be just his age. Yesterday he told me my privates are small, he wanted to know how I pee and poop. He is very curious.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I am going to encourage dbf to take the kids to see the new Ice Age movie. He has not been an active father with them at all lately and it's making me so sad. Yesterday he wouldn't come to the beach with us even though Savana was practically begging him. I hate that. And it's not for a real reason. It's just because "he doesn't feel like it". To be totally honest, I didn't really feel like it either but once I got there I was so glad we went. And no kids sleep better than kids who splash around in the sun for few hours!
    I figure a movie won't be too stressful for him. *eyeroll*
    I do the same thing Bridget. Sometimes I don't 'feel like it' either but I always make myself go and 99.9% of the time I'm glad I did.

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    Tell me it's normal that my 4 year old son is quite taken with buns. He talks about buns a lot. He has his superheroes lined up talking about how Mr. Incredible has black buns and Spiderman has blue buns. Then if he sees me or dh naked he will grab our buns and squeal with delight. buns buns buns. Is this normal or is my son destined to be a total perv? I don't make an issue out of it, just tell him about personal boundaries and I don't want him to do that. The other day at library storytime, G was taking his friends hand and kissing it-like in the book The Kissing Hand. The other boy pulled it away as if to say wtf? I could tell G was hurt and confused, so later I told him that the kissing hand was just for our family only. And no he didn't grab any buns or say anything about buns lol.
    Yes, it's normal! My brother's obsession was boobs and now my son is the same way. It's built into their dna or something. lol

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    Oh yes well he is a boy so yes he does love his penis too!! I think it must be just his age. Yesterday he told me my privates are small, he wanted to know how I pee and poop. He is very curious.
    Hahaha Shame on you mama for having small privates!!

I agree he is a normal boy Shelley. Funny how you explained it but normal!

Ky also used to have a fascination with his superhero butts. They were so foreign looking to him. He watched a tennis match with me once and was going on and on about Serena Williams' butt lol! She has the ultimate black girl butt IMO and I wish I had a butt like hers, it looks very powerful. She is still Ky's favorite tennis player and even though he doesn't talk about butts as much anymore, I think his affection for her has to do with his former fascination with her butt.

Now he is focused on "six packs." He talks about superhero six packs and how he wants one for himself. He is jealous because Elle has a six pack and she doesn't even do sit ups! She is really lean. My youngest first cousin Z, who is 12 also has a six pack from intense practicing on step team (he went from chubby boy to muscle boy in less than 6 months! I used to be worried about him being overweight when he got older but now I think he will expand the vain gene that inhabits our family as he frequently talks about his six pack and his biceps like most pre-teen/teenage boys). Ky never cared about six packs until Z started talking about his all the time. He got it doing "planks" that exercise where you put yourself in a pushup position and hold it for as long as you can. Z had to do that for about 20 minutes every day during step practice and he does have rock solid abs now, he even wanted me to punch him in the gut to prove it lol! I was tempted because Z kind of gets on my nerves at times (he has attitude and back talk problems to the 10th degree) but I didn't.

Erin

I think it's totally normal too - buns/boobs/penis obsessions, that is. While it may not pass, they will get better at filtering it out in public

Mira is all obsessed with her private parts too. I'm not sure how much of an anatomy lesson to give her at her age. I just told her that the pink stuff is her labia, her pee comes from there, it is private, and we don't show it in public.

If I only parented when I felt like it, my kid would be in bad shape. I don't find a lot of joy in those 3am feedings, nor do I adore changing poopy diapers.
    D-Mama (37) D-Dada (43) and D-Baby (11/02/2011)

Both of my boys love their penis' very much. I swear Sawyer would sleep better if he could hold it all night. He reaches for it any time he is upset. lol

Elle also likes to talk about her vulva a lot. The other day she told me that the skin on her vulva is the softest part of her body and that it felt really good when you touch it lol!

I just told her I know and that no one else should touch and gave a talk about appropriate touching of her vulva (helping to wipe or wash and how no one should touch it unless she wants them to or she needs help).

Elle knows a lot of technical girly terms, vulva and labia and urethra which is where her pee comes out. She is always trying to see her urethra and has made some messes trying to watch her pee come out.

Erin

Yes, I have had a few talks with Kai before because he'll be touching his penis and I'll ask him if he has to go potty and he's like, "No, sometimes it just sticks out and it feels good to rub it." lol. I said that is totally fine but he needs to only do it in private.

I am so annoyed by the clothing industry having this obsession for little girls wearing pink and purple! Savana likes to wear elastic waist cotton shorts and tshirts with nature/sport themes on them and she does not like to wear pink and purple. But lately she has been mistaken for a boy, a lot at the beach because she wears surf shorts and surf shirt but also at the park the other day and the zoo earlier this week. It's mostly kids although at the zoo it was a girl I knew from highschool and she took a noted look at each of my children, pausing at Savana, and said, "So....3 boys?" It's like, really?? If you are unsure why not ask their names or just say nothing about gender at all? It's one thing for a baby but a child Savana's age can be hurt by that. And I can tell that it bothers her but not enough for her to change her style which I am proud of her for. Today I went to goodwill to see if I could find her some things that are her style and still make her look like a girl. It's not easy. Lot's of butterflies although she's prefer spiders lol. I was able to find some nike style shorts in a girl style. It's just so annoying to me that the industry basically decides that for them.

I love Goodwill - we have a massive one about 30mins away that is as big as our Supercenter!

It is hard to find girly clothes that aren't pink/purple. I am more of a blues/browns/greens person myself (although I do like purple - butterfly stuff as well). We usually had pretty good luck when I was younger shopping at K-Mart (according to my moms recollection that is)

I also don't like the pink/purple thing. I remember detesting it as a girl. Luckily I didn't care if people thought I was a boy as long as they didn't say I was my brothers "identical" twin after I told them that I was a girl. At 7 I knew that you had to be the same gender to be identical twins and that used to bother me and make me think people were idiots.

Elle is really into purple. It is her favorite color and she is fiercely protective of purple. She has gotten better at sharing it with boys. Z, the cousin I mentioned above loves purple and she would get into shouting matches with him that he couldn't wear purple because it was a girls color. I kept telling her that colors are for boys and girls not matter the color but she still thinks girls should "own" purple. She gets into arguments at daycare regarding use of purple crayons. I fear she will become a crazy purple lady lol.

Luckily she also likes browns and yellows so she wears a lot of brown and yell too.

It is strange people think Savana looks like a boy, I don't think she looks like a boy at all. I think she looks a lot like a mini-you and you don't look like a man IMO.

There is a little girl who goes to Ky's school who does look like a boy. I thought she was a boy when I first met her. Her name is Sammie too so that didn't help. She was in the video of Ky's robotics team I posted a while ago. Ky also originally thought she was a boy. The school is uniform but they can wear whatever on Fridays and the first Friday (and almost every subsequent Friday to this day) she wore a dress with these cool leather boots with shiny buckles all over them. She is one of my favorite kids because she is unique in her style. Ky said all loud "I didn't know you were a girl!!!" and she said "REALLY!! Cool, then it's working." She is a hoot lol! She still likes it when people mistake her for a boy. She looks just like her dad. She has a brother who looks just like their mom.

Erin

That would bother me too if I had a girl. I was just at a consignment store and the girl side was a blast of pink, purple and ruffles. There is no way Savanna looks like a boy, her face is definitely girl. Does she say anything about being mistaken for a boy?
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

There was a girl at the school I used to volunteer at who I think really wanted to be a boy and I thought that she was a boy until the teacher referred to her as 'she' when we were talking about a story she'd written. She has one of those unisex names, has very short hair, loves sports and carries herself like a boy. I can't believe people would mistake Savana for a boy; she has such a pretty girly face. Poo on those people, I say!

Speaking of penises and things, Travis is totally obsessed with his. He is currently driving me crazy with his 'toilet talk.' Every other word he says is either 'poo' or 'wee' or 'bum.' Ugh. I have decided today to start ignoring it because making a big deal of it is obviously not working. He thinks it's funny. Oh, and he has picked up on his dad and grandparents' use of the phrase 'bloody hell' which is considered swearing over here.

Would Savana be into doing something with her hair? I mean I think that her cut looks more girl than boy as it is. But maybe wear a headband or braid or something?

Gosh I like all the colors mostly! I tend to wear a lot of blue myself but it just looks good on me with my hair color. And purples I wear a lot of. I like pink too. And brown and black and red and green. LOL. And orange and even a bit of yellow sometimes. Oh and I like greys too.
    Purple is a boy color too anyway. My DH likes purple and he tends to wear it a lot as he looks good in it. We are really cute when we both wear our purple shirts and match.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Savana does not say it bothers her but I can tell by her face. She says she thinks people are making fun of her when they think she's a boy but I tell her they don't mean to be hurtful, they have just been conditioned to always think girls look a certain way and wear a certain thing. I tell her that being unique is really awesome and I admire her for it. I also cannot believe anyone could ever mistake her for a boy but I'm glad to hear y'all say it because I thought maybe I just had my mama blinders on. My dad says she carries herself like a girl.
    That girl in Ky's class sounds awesome. I hope Savana is able to have that confidence as she grows older and holds onto her style.

Ash, I am sorry to say that my kids have been obsessed with potty talk for years now. It drives me nuts. I don't forbid it but I will tell them I am getting up to walk away from them because I do not enjoy listening to it. Oh, and I do not allow it at the table.

I am so relieved my boy is normal!!

Ash, I have completely adopted bloody hell from dh, I use it a lot. oops ;)

I do like pink and purple too, but I would not want that as the ONLY choice for girls clothes. I had a friend who refused to wear purple, because it was "too royal" LOL!
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Ashley I just smiled at the bloody hell. I mean it's naughty because it's swearing but on the other hand it has to sound pretty cute.

Oh I really want a little girl. I want to buy all the cute girly clothes and put her in the dresses that my mom made for us when we were little and do pigtails and buy American Girl stuff. Dh has a little preference to a girl too.
    MIL wants a boy and says she asked grandma before and after she died to send us a little boy (to which DH and I roll our eyes a bit).

I came really close to buying a crib the other day...until DH realized that if I bought it, I would want us to put it together and make sure it was alright. So it's still sitting in my amazon cart. He's not quite ready to take the guest room apart and said to wait a few more months unless we get the call.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Savana definitely looks like a girl! wth people?

We're getting some weather...including tornado warnings/watches for my county. The southern part of my county. Where I live. lol I'll be on the bus in about 1/2 an hour and my driver isn't the best as it is. He's over 80 and drives really slow. I'm not sure how he'll cope if the wind picks up much more than it already has. As it is, the lights keep coming and going in the parking garage across the street from my building.

Savana, without a doubt, looks like a girl! Some people are just crazy!

Erin that little girl sounds awesome!!

Chrissy that sounds scary, I hope the trip home is - uneventful!!

Mira gets mistaken for a boy too, and she doesn't dress much like one or act like one, and has pierced ears! Some people are idiots, is all. I hope all our kids grow up to be like the girl on Ky's team - comfortable in their skin.

I would never have mistaken Savana for a girl. Crazy people.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I finally decided I think I can handle kenneling the girls. I booked them for two nights sometime in Sept and we are going out of town about 2 hours north and staying in a B&B. I'm nervous about it and don't want them to think that we are abandoning them or don't love anymore....but tired of never doing anything because we don't have anyone by us to watch them. A longer trip we have done but drove them 5 hours to my parents and than flew in and out of Milwaukee. And even there, a house that Cosmo knows well and loves everyone there, she still sat around watching the door for us for at least two days. I think that I can only do this because at least they will have each other there and will be in the same run together. We already checked the place out and it was clean and the ladies were really nice and the girls will get access inside (heated and cooled) and outside as they want.

But I am excited about going to the B&B...it looks really nice and we have never stayed at one before. And Sept in Wisconsin is usually pretty nice.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    Chrissy that sounds scary, I hope the trip home is - uneventful!!
    It was. There were limbs down and the south side of my town was without power for a couple hours. I heard a tornado did hit about 35-ish miles west of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    But I am excited about going to the B&B...it looks really nice and we have never stayed at one before. And Sept in Wisconsin is usually pretty nice.
    It's really rough, but you'll have a good time. And believe me, they will be ok. As soon as they see you, everything will be all perfect in their lives again.

When I went to AZ for the week, Missy moped the entire time. She was excited to see me and never once gave me the silent treatment for leaving her behind. It did hurt my heart to hear she sat out by my van every day and wouldn't come in the house willingly...but I'd do it again. It's one of the cons of having pets. Or kids. As much fun as a parent might have away, they always do so with some sadness and guilt And I know you're as much a parent to your pups as you would be a human child.

Sounds fun Jen!!

I hope you won't worry about the girls too much on your trip. I have never stayed at a B&B and now I have the urge after watching a special about "Inns" here in GA. They have some amazing B&Bs here in old plantation houses and mansions in Savannah and I wouldn't mind going to Savannah and staying in one.

I used to love Sept in Ohio. Nice and cool and pretty colored leaves. Here in GA our November is like a northern September so I still get to enjoy the scenery, plus this area is heavily wooded and I have never seen such beauty in autumn foliage as what occurs here. I'm sure though that there are places that equal the scenery at different times around the country. I've heard New England falls are beautiful too. Autumn is my favorite season and favorite time to vacation.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    Sounds fun Jen!!

I hope you won't worry about the girls too much on your trip. I have never stayed at a B&B and now I have the urge after watching a special about "Inns" here in GA. They have some amazing B&Bs here in old plantation houses and mansions in Savannah and I wouldn't mind going to Savannah and staying in one.

I used to love Sept in Ohio. Nice and cool and pretty colored leaves. Here in GA our November is like a northern September so I still get to enjoy the scenery, plus this area is heavily wooded and I have never seen such beauty in autumn foliage as what occurs here. I'm sure though that there are places that equal the scenery at different times around the country. I've heard New England falls are beautiful too. Autumn is my favorite season and favorite time to vacation.

Erin
    We should plan a girlie getaway and stay in a B&B in Savannah! I've always wanted to.

Upstate NY is really gorgeous in the fall...if it didn't indicate winter was coming. That knowledge takes all the pleasure out of it for me.

Darn it, I found a lumpy area in my left breast, near my armpit. It's likely nothing, since I had a mammogram less than a year ago. And nothing I read says anything about a more diffuse sort of lumpy area, only lumps.