Page 1126 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 12662610261076111611241125112611271128113611761226 ... LastLast
Results 33,751 to 33,780 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I'm a sap. Tears immediately sprang to my eyes. How wonderful and I cannot WAIT to see pics!!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Yippee!! Congrats Molly!! Can't wait to see his sweet face!
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

So so happy!

Congratulations, Molly!!!
    D-Mama (37) D-Dada (43) and D-Baby (11/02/2011)

Congrats to the whole Molly family!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Congratulations, Molly!

I came back before bed just especially to check on Molly and what great news! Congratulations!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Yaay! I'm so happy for you, Molly! I can't wait to meet your little lad!

Congrats Molly!

2/09 6/09 4/14

Congrats Molly, can't wait to "meet" your little guy

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I neeeeeed pictures!! lol

Oh my goodness you guys, my brother told me an awful story last night. He is the director at a preschool his executive director is on vacation this week. On monday, a little boy in the school age room went home with a picture that some other children had drawn and put in his cubby that said, "You are the ugliest boy in the world" Oh it hurts my heart just writing this! My brother said he is overweight and no one plays with him and he has a lot of troubles. The teacher in that classroom once accused him of stealing money out of her purse. He denied it. It was dropped but my brother always worried that this teacher did not like the boy. Ok, so his parents of course brought it in and the girls who wrote it (they'd signed it) parents were called in at which time the girls told my brother that the TEACHER HELPED THEM WRITE IT because they didn't know how to spell all the words and whatnot. My brother said he was just shaking and when he confronted the teacher she said she did nothing wrong because all the children were writing notes to each other and she was just helping them spell words. My brother said, "so your personal feelings for this child were not a factor?" and she said, "Well, you know I don't like him. He stole money from me and lied about it." My bro was like, you don't know that! And you are his TEACHER! You are supposed to love and support him no matter what! You participated in BULLYING HIM. You are so effing fired."
    He doesn't know what his boss is going to say when she gets back but he said he called HR to let them know and they said he did right thing. Thank goodness. I can't stop thinking about that poor boy and piece of sh!t teacher. What is wrong with some people???

Bridget that just breaks my heart You should NOT go into teaching if you don't have a love/passion for it. That poor, poor little boy. Send him to my house I'll give him tons of hugs and play with him all day

Dang, Bridget. That is horrendous! I am so glad he fired that teacher; you do not let your personal feelings persuade how you treat kids. What a bully of a teacher. I hope she never teaches again. Kids can be so cruel to each other; they do not realize how much they can hurt someone. I hope those kids' parents acted accordingly. Sheesh.

We went to playgroup and at the end of it, Cash pushed somebody else's kid away, like by putting his hand on their face and pushing them. The mother was all in a huff even though I told Cash to say sorry ('sowwy' he said) and told him to be nice, but she acted like he was a monster by saying to the woman she came with, 'That BOY just punched him in the face.' Whatever, woman. You'll know what it feels like when your kid goes through the pushing phase in a few months' time!

That's just awful Bridget

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    We went to playgroup and at the end of it, Cash pushed somebody else's kid away, like by putting his hand on their face and pushing them. The mother was all in a huff even though I told Cash to say sorry ('sowwy' he said) and told him to be nice, but she acted like he was a monster by saying to the woman she came with, 'That BOY just punched him in the face.' Whatever, woman. You'll know what it feels like when your kid goes through the pushing phase in a few months' time!
    Wow. Talk about an over reaction!

Congrats Molly!!! So happy for you and can't wait to see pics of your little guy!!

Bridget, good for your brother for firing that horrible teacher. I don't know how he held himself together. I can't imagine how that poor boy must have felt. Makes me want to give him a hug.

On another note, my daycare provider asked if Ky could come to her house to help her out with the kids during the day. I agreed since he likes going there and she doesn't charge me anything for Ky coming along with Elle. Her grandsons (ages 9 and 12 ) were visiting and she figured he would like to hang out with them too. One of them kept talking about Ky going on and on about him and talked about me (told him his mom was ugly and stupid and all sorts of things). The 12 year old was the one doing this teasing/bullying. Ky told him to stop talking about him and his family and the boy laughed and talked more of course so Ky got really angry, in tears and punched the boy in the chest, knocking him on the floor.

That was very shocking to me!! He usually never hits anyone! I figured the boy must have been really laying it on thick. Ky was so upset about it and kept crying, they had to call DH to calm him down. Even though I don't approve of him hitting the boy, Ky did tell me that when he was upset and crying that the daycare provider called him a cry baby and told him he was too big to be carrying on like that. Basically that she was taunting him. DH told me that she told him over the phone that Ky wouldn't stop crying and she told him to stop acting like a baby and kuddos to DH for telling her "well if you stop calling him a cry baby maybe he would stop crying." I think she thought because DH is such a harda$$ that he would be upset about Ky acting like that.

I have shared with you all that Ky is very emotional. He does still get upset to the point of crying and it is hard for him to get himself together again if he is upset, so I usually tell him to go to another area, or if we are at home to go to his room and calm himself down. When he is better to come back out. This lady has a very large area of her home dedicated to daycare and even has a bedroom upstairs off of the daycare area. I don't know why she just didn't let him go over there to cool off or even just have him sit in a corner, he would not have minded that at all. He really doesn't like it when people call him names, like most people IMO, and even though I do feel that he will have to learn to control himself better and remove himself from situations where people are teasing him or getting on his nerves (as I have very high expectations of him in regards to idiotic people, we talk about this a lot and like all kids, he has to deal with idiots and I make sure he knows he will have to deal with idiots throughout his life so it is a good idea to learn that he can only control his response and not get too upset at things people say especially. I know that is hard for kids though, even adults). But I am so disappointed in the way this lady handled the situation. I'm not going to let him go back to the daycare as I am also disappointed that he hit someone as I saw that as very uncalled for. He didn't tell an adult about the teasing going on and this is an ongoing issue with him and that is cause for me to worry about him - not telling adults when there is a problem (there have even been instances where he didn't tell me about the way some kid was teasing him when he was playing outside at a friend's house that we visited). So I am disappointed in him in that too, but really this makes me happy Elle is moving to a new preschool as even though she loves our daycare provider more and more she has been doing things I don't like. This incident also happened at her church, which is across the street, and again she didn't inform me or get my permission for them to go to her church, so that was upsetting too. I think I will go Monday and sign Elle up for the YMCA preschool even though I wasn't planning on doing so for another 2-3 weeks.

Erin

Omg Ash & Erin! You'd think people that are around children would know better!!! Poor Ky I hate hate hate that attitude about kids crying! If they're crying, they have a reason.

That is awful She was seriously calling Ky a "cry baby" who does that?!?!? Makes me want to go punch her in her chest Oh, wait. I'm supposed to be a grown up right?!?! Yeah, I don't care. Still want to give her a what for.

That makes me really angry too, Erin. And it certainly doesn't encourage Ky to go to an adult when he is upset about other children's behavior if the trusted adult calls him a cry baby. When adults bully children, it makes me see red. I'm so sorry that happened.

These stories are really triggering me this morning. I was bullied by kids and teachers in both 2nd and 6th grades, and the damage stayed with me for a long, long time. I feel for Ky and the poor little preschool boy and just want to punch those grownups right in the face. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SET AN EXAMPLE!!!!

Congratulations, Molly! Hope you and the LO are doing great.

Bridget, I'm glad your brother fired that teacher. I don't even know why some of these people go into their chosen professions.

Erin, that's awful! I think that moving Elle is the right move as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dana_renay View Post
    These stories are really triggering me this morning. I was bullied by kids and teachers in both 2nd and 6th grades, and the damage stayed with me for a long, long time. I feel for Ky and the poor little preschool boy and just want to punch those grownups right in the face. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SET AN EXAMPLE!!!!
    Exactly!!!!!

and I am sorry you were bullied. I didn't have that problem, luckily. Something about my demeanor has always made people a bit wary of upsetting me. I never understood it, it's been that way for as long as I can remember. I was never mean or bullied people in school

Well, I guess that's not entirely true. I did have a few altercations. Most of which were because older kids were picking on my brother. THAT I didn't tolerate.

ETA: Oh......... you know what.... I think I get it now... Maybe I was a litte meaner than I thought Definitely never a bully though! More like bullied-victims aid.
    Last edited by Smplyme89; 07-20-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Lol, as an adult, I have learned to become that person that nobody really wants to mess with, but I was a sweet, innocent, people-pleasing kid who really really wanted to be liked. And that, for some reason, seems to attract bullies. I could have used your help back then!

Lol, as an adult, I have learned to become that person that nobody really wants to mess with, but I was a sweet, innocent, people-pleasing kid who really really wanted to be liked. And that, for some reason, seems to attract bullies. I could have used your help back then!
    I did go through a short stint of dealing with people being kind of jerks to me. It's hard to explain without spreading my parents business all over the internet, but let's just say I was the kid no one was allowed to play with. Other kids parents wouldn't let their kids talk to me, much less be my friend, and as a result a lot of these kids turned to picking on me. Not their fault, what else are they supposed to think.

The waves were pretty short lived in Elementary school and I took "care" of it for the most part (since the teachers apparently didn't care) and luckily J lived under my legacy and didn't have to deal with it. It started again in Middle School, dealt with again, and than after that a little level of maturity kicked in and people started realizing that what their parents had told them was idiotic to say the least

It makes it sound like I would go crazy running around kicking peoples butts who picked on me, but it wasn't quite that way. I am much more sensitive to it happening to other peple than mysef. Mostly I would, for the longest time, hang my head, stay in the back of the class, and ignore the constant chatter. I mean I did go to 12 schools, so the waves of "chatter" came and went at just about all of them. I never considered it bullying though. Just a lot of ignoring and taking about me

I SO would've kicked some serious butt for any of you ladies though

What is wrong with people?! These stories make me so angry and sad. Then I read the horrible news out of Colorado. WTF?!!!
    I just want to take G outside to play in the dirt today, and forget about all the bad stuff in the world.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

That is a kind of bullying, too, Christina, and it's very hurtful. I'm sorry you had to experience that. <<hugs>>

Christina, I was a lot like you as a kid!! People just didn't mess with me. They also messed with my older brother and I remember once I beat up my best friend for picking on my brother and made her apologize to him and me before I would be her friend again. She did apologize, I think because she was afraid of me lol!

My brother and Ky are a lot alike, big for their age and a very kind hearted, innocent sort of personality, like how you describe yourself Dana. My DH was bullied relentlessly as a child, by both kids and teachers (he also is a sweet guy at heart and I fully think that those bullies ruined him in regards to his outside demeanor as on the surface he is pretty gruff to some people and is very defensive in most every situation - he always thinks someone, including me, are out to get him in some way). He didn't trust anyone to help him either because his mom would believe that he was "being bad" versus protecting him at school from crazy things that teachers said and did to him. He was frequently humiliated in class as a child and nearly all the pics of him as a boy during the school years, he looks very sad. He is really overprotective of our kids in regards to teachers especially because he said it would have been better to have just been bullied by the kids, the teachers were worse than the kids to him. The daycare lady doesn't know this of course. He was very heated when she called and was taunting Ky, especially after he talked to Ky and he told DH that she called him a cry baby and how he felt she was taking her grandson's side in the incident (she didn't punish her grandson for instigating the altercation, her husband, who I like and who Elle adores, did later on and called me to assure me he had spoken with the boy). DH said it took all his strength not to go off on the lady when she was calling Ky a cry baby. I think she didn't call me, because she knows I don't view crying as that huge of a deal and that she thought DH would chastist Ky for acting like that. All kids cry and I am not one to think that just because I have a big 10 year old son, that he shouldn't cry just because he's a boy. I admit, I don't like him crying about some things - not wanting to do his homework or cleaning up are the biggest ones - but I don't call him a cry baby and encourage him to control his emotions more. I guess because all of my brothers cried a lot until they were teenagers, I don't really see it as a horrible trait. All of my brothers are great guys and the one who cried the most (the youngest) is actually the most well adjusted lol!

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 07-20-2012 at 10:15 AM.

That is a kind of bullying, too, Christina, and it's very hurtful. I'm sorry you had to experience that. <<hugs>>
    I guess I never looked at it that way. I was "technically" the instigator on the occassions it got confrontational. No one ever made fun of me to my face or taunted me or anything like that. I would eventually (if we were at a school long enough-that is) get to a boiling point. You live and you learn right

Everyone cries. It is normal and natural to do so. Especially when your feelings are hurt and even more so, when they are hurt by someone you know isn't supposed to do so.