Page 1125 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 12562510251075111511231124112511261127113511751225 ... LastLast
Results 33,721 to 33,750 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Yeah I get the tumbleweeds of hair from my little poogle. Don't love the shedding but have gotten used to it and it does help brushing her out a few times a week. I didn't as much this week as it was frontline time and I wanted that to get totally soaked in.

My sister was finding that a lot of the pound dogs were only good with older kids. While they don't have young kids, her gf's got a newborn cousin that they borrow sometimes and my sister is hoping to have a baby in a year or two.
    I love the idea of doing a rescue dog BUT I also really love bonding with a puppy from birth or pretty darn close to it. Much as a pain it is the first 7 months or so.

My absolute favorite is a boarder collie....just LOVE them. But I would only consider getting one if our child was older and high energy because DH and I are not high energy people.
    Also have been looking into a soft-coated wheaten terrier. Or if I got DH to agree to big, maybe an airedale. Love a terrier look.

Oh how I wish it was Friday. We have window shopping plans this weekend. Actually on the list we made....we are list makers. On the list is window shopping for an entertainment center...we want a mission style wall unit with display areas as well. Also going to the cloth diaper store probably. Trying to remember what else is on it. Oh DH wants to play Dominion (card/deck building game that is fun) and play with his Lego's. LOL I think that we need to clean as well.

Bridget, we were about to start a rain dance last night. We got some too but thinking you got more? We only got about .30 inches but areas north or south of me got like 3.0 inches. I just feel so bad for all the crops and plants and such. The corn behind me is looking so dry. My garden is ok but I water daily....that and the trees since ours are all so little and new still. We gave up on the grass over a week ago.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

DH thought that today was going to be Friday as well, I wish he had been right......

We don't have anything concrete planned this weekend. Saturday we are doing yard work. We have to move a pile of mulch (that they mistakenlyd umped in the front yard when it was supposed to go in the back ) and cut down a wild Sunflower Tree (Bush? Plant?) that is over taking the side of our house. I can NOT stand that thing! It annoys me, it is un-tameable and since moving it isn't an option it has to GO. I think mom is going to be stop by, or at least so she "says". Either way, I have plans and I told her I wasn't going to be twiddling my fingers waiting on her. If she wants to spend some time with us she can do it hanging out in the yard while we are doing stuff.

Sunday dad will get Nolan for a few hours and I don't know if DH wants to try for a movie or something ?? We'll see. I want to work on Nolan's One Year Scrapbook this weekend. I need to get it finished before classes start back. I've been slacking on getting some supplies for it though.

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I was thinking it was Friday, too! Wishful thinking, I guess! We are going out on Friday night to the horse races with my SIL and some of her friends. The kids are staying with the grandparents. We haven't been out in awhile, so it should be a good laugh. Travis keeps asking to go swimming, so we'll probably take him either Saturday or Sunday now that soccer club has broken up for the summer.

Chrissy, I envy you looking at the dogs! I would love to have a pet some day; my favorite dogs are boston terriers, chihuahuas, and pubs. I like small short-haired doggies.

Our next animal will be a long haired daschund, I them! But we have 2 dogs and 3 cats (1 is my mom, but where she moved too there is TONS of stray cats and I asked her not to take her, because I know that she would get hurt over there. It took some convincing, but my mom left her. Thank goodness.) and won't be getting anymore til all of those have passed on which won't be for a very, very long time I am sure

I thought today was Wednesday! Missed putting the trash out, and doing my load of laundry yesterday. I wasn't like this at all, but really hate when my schedule is thrown off.

We may not have much choice on dog hunting, I'm afraid. Khan is starting to have full on loss of bladder control (he's on meds for urinary incontinence), he is back to his heat/cold seeking behaviors, PU/PD, panting a lot, etc. I hope it's not the kidneys. It could be that his Cushing's is out of control again, or he's developed diabetes or something (his 6 month vet visit wasn't that long ago). I just hope whatever he has is treatable, like a UTI, even Lyme, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope. Sucks to have old dogs.
    Last edited by Suja; 07-19-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Suja Poor Khan, fingers crossed that it's something simple.

My MIL called us Friday night saying she thought her dog was being put down Saturday morning. She thought he fell and hurt his hip... He's a springer spaniel and will be 14 in Dec. But in the morning he wasn't crying in pain and was walking on it and able to go to the bathroom. Has a hard time with stairs though....and she lives in a bilevel house so he has to do stairs.

I have tried to convince Cosmo to stop getting older but she doesn't listen. She's going to be 9 in September. I think she has a long time to go if I could get some weight off her. Dang seizure meds...keep away any seizures but she went from 22 lbs to 31 lbs in a pretty short amount of time. If I could get her down to 25 lbs I would be thrilled. Now that I have a way to walk both girls at once, I would like to start walking them but need it to be not quite so hot.

I'm going to be mess for Cosmo....she was the first dog that was mine and we bonded hard and fast. I love her only slightly less I think that DH. She is my special girl. I love the poogle now but not like my Cosmo.
    Last edited by Cosmosmom; 07-19-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

That's sad Suja, I really hope it's something simple.

Our bull dog is 7, he's an outside dog though, so I know the life expectancy isn't as long.... I can't even imagine how DH is going to fall apart when something happens to him.

Our chiuaha mix, we kind of just got stuck with him. He's annoying/sweet, but alas he's part of the family now. We have no idea how old he is though.

I'm so glad that there really isn't a "late to work" for me. I have a very flexible schedule!

We have three cats. I'd love to have a dog, but I feel like we have as many pets as I can handle with a baby in the house. Maybe when our older cat (she's 19ish) passes on.

I met yesterday with my midwife to talk about my future education/career plans in midwifery, and she was very encouraging. I think it is really quite doable and I'm very excited. You might remember that she said she was very surprised but thrilled when I told her I was thinking of becoming a midwife. Well, she explained that most of the people she talks to that are considering midwifery are already involved in birth somehow - L&D nurses, doulas and childbirth educators, etc. It was just a surprise to her given my current work. But she said she thought I'd make a great midwife, and that the profession needs more "intelligent and passionate women" like me! :blush: The only downer was that when I got home, DH did not even ask me how it went, and when I asked if he wanted to know what she had to say, he told me he'd had a long day and his brain just couldn't handle it. I was kind of irritated about that. But anyway - I'm looking at going back to school in January!
    D-Mama (37) D-Dada (43) and D-Baby (11/02/2011)

Oh Erin-that sucks about your van!

Suja. How sad.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by dana_renay View Post
    I met yesterday with my midwife to talk about my future education/career plans in midwifery, and she was very encouraging. I think it is really quite doable and I'm very excited. You might remember that she said she was very surprised but thrilled when I told her I was thinking of becoming a midwife. Well, she explained that most of the people she talks to that are considering midwifery are already involved in birth somehow - L&D nurses, doulas and childbirth educators, etc. It was just a surprise to her given my current work. But she said she thought I'd make a great midwife, and that the profession needs more "intelligent and passionate women" like me! :blush: The only downer was that when I got home, DH did not even ask me how it went, and when I asked if he wanted to know what she had to say, he told me he'd had a long day and his brain just couldn't handle it. I was kind of irritated about that. But anyway - I'm looking at going back to school in January!
    Yay for your midwife's comments, at dh. Boo to him.

Just a quick update (I'm actually mid-meeting right now, but too excited)... Molly is in L & D right now. I'll give updates when I get them. Everyone please think good thoughts for her.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Just a quick update (I'm actually mid-meeting right now, but too excited)... Molly is in L & D right now. I'll give updates when I get them. Everyone please think good thoughts for her.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post

Easy labor vibes to Molly!!!!
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

~~~~~~elv~~~~~~~
    D-Mama (37) D-Dada (43) and D-Baby (11/02/2011)

Ack! I'm so excited I have shivers.

Go, Molly, go! Awesome news, Myles! Now I'll be stalking for an update every few seconds on here!

I can't wait to "meet" our new Secular baby

Aw crap I hope we can update before I have to leave to meet my dad and my brother!

Easy labor Molly!!!

Very excited!!!

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Aw crap I hope we can update before I have to leave to meet my dad and my brother!
    I have a meeting tonight until late so I won't be able to check in but for the next couple of hours

Somebody will have to message me on FB if we have any updates this evening!!

Good luck Molly! Cannot wait to see the official announcement!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Ack I leave for my meeting soon

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    Ack I leave for my meeting soon

Yeah-that! I was hoping for an update as well. How exciting!

Molly seems to be in good spirits. Baby is "8 cm and waiting... he needs to move down tho!". Keep sending your ELV.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

8 cm is getting close! elv to Molly

He's here! He's here! He's a beautiful little chub! *sniff*

I will let Molly do the honors of introducing him by name and face to all his aunties in the room, and sharing her birth story. For now, I hope she's resting and enjoying her babymoon.
    Last edited by demigraf; 07-19-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Yay! Good news. Congrats, Molly.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12