Page 112 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 12621021101111121131141221622126121112 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Big, big hugs for Sunrider.

I confess that my new favorite website is http://www.answersingenesis.org, particularly the Q&A section. It's like a train wreck - I know I should stop reading but I just can't.

Thanks ladies.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Congrats, Janeen!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Congrats Janeen!!
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

I confess, I love everyone in this room.

6. Default

I confess my dad just called me to tell me that FIL is about 2 days away from kicking DH out of the house...

I confess I did NOT need this stress right now..

I confess I wish Target would call about DH's interview already!!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess my dad just called me to tell me that FIL is about 2 days away from kicking DH out of the house...

I confess I did NOT need this stress right now..

I confess I wish Target would call about DH's interview already!!
    Still no info on the driving job for DH Ashley?

And what, are they going to kick DH out and let you stay? Riiiiiight
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess that I have my second beta today and I'm finding it to be scaaaaaary!

oo good luck Janeen!

Go go baby! Go go beta levels!

They were 31 two days ago (12DPIUI), what do you think they should be today at 14DPIUI??

They are supposed to approximately double every 48-72 hours so like.... hmmm... somewhere between 50 and 75?

I confess this is sort of a rant--
    I confess I want these workers out of my house--the electrician is such a douche and his assistants are unreliable so he has been bringing his 15 year old son to help him. Our carpenter brings his 17 year old son. The carpenter is sort of a friend of the family and he's been giving us good deals on his work and he does a nice job but I feel weird having kids help these guys out.

Plus none of them show up on time. I have to sit around waiting for them so I can let them into the house. It's almost noon and nobody is here yet. I need to go to Target and grocery shopping and the bookstore. I'm wasting a whole day of not having Josh here so I could get things done faster and I don't have much I can do at the house. Augh!

Quote Originally Posted by KateS View Post
    I confess I want these workers out of my house--the electrician is such a douche and his assistants are unreliable so he has been bringing his 15 year old son to help him. Our carpenter brings his 17 year old son. The carpenter is sort of a friend of the family and he's been giving us good deals on his work and he does a nice job but I feel weird having kids help these guys out.

Plus none of them show up on time. I have to sit around waiting for them so I can let them into the house. It's almost noon and nobody is here yet. I need to go to Target and grocery shopping and the bookstore. I'm wasting a whole day of not having Josh here so I could get things done faster and I don't have much I can do at the house. Augh!
    Why is being late and unprofessional such an intricate part of contractor culture? Grrrr. I am sorry you are cooped up with nothing to do. Hopefully they'll finish soon and you'll be able to settle in for real!

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    Why is being late and unprofessional such an intricate part of contractor culture? Grrrr. I am sorry you are cooped up with nothing to do. Hopefully they'll finish soon and you'll be able to settle in for real!
    Well the electrician finally came around noon and I did my errands. The other guy never showed up. Oh well! The electrician will be done today! (supposedly he is just cleaning up now--he is down in the basement swearing and making lots of noise and sweating like a pig...lol)

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    OMG JANEEN!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
    This!!!!! CONGRATS Janeen!!! Can't believe I over looked this yesterday!

Also,

Quote Originally Posted by KateS View Post

Oh, this brings back memories of when we moved in our house!!! I soooo dislike the timeframes of contractors. I always say they are on CP time. In case you never heard of CPT (colored people time) it is a joke with black folks who are always late or start events late, which happens a WHOLE lot. I'm probably one of the only people I know who isn't always on CPT. But I changed it for the sake of our electrician and other contractors to be Contractor People Time. The I hope they showed up for you and got everything done. I know I hate sitting around waiting for peopel to show up when I have stuff to do.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I always say they are on CP time. In case you never heard of CPT (colored people time) it is a joke with black folks who are always late or start events late, which happens a WHOLE lot. I'm probably one of the only people I know who isn't always on CPT.
    OMG I am cracking up hun, you're hilarious (maybe because when I read it, I did it in a Dave Chapelle-type voice which added to the hilarity) And nice to see you in Secular confessions again

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Still no info on the driving job for DH Ashley?
    Nope... Last we heard from them they said that there was a delay in their paperwork, and they weren't sure when they could start up...
    And what, are they going to kick DH out and let you stay? Riiiiiight
    Yup. That's exactly what they meant. Like I could REALLY stay there after they kicked my husband out?!?

and -- I confess DH confessed to me that he has been thinking about joining the National Guard.

I confess DH confessed to me that he has been thinking about joining the National Guard.
    I don't know what sort of skills your DH has or what field he'd be interested in, but I have a friend who is in the Air National Guard and not only did it basically save his life but he now works for them full-time with great salary/benefits, and will make x2 his salary once he "retires" from the military and continues working his job as a civilian. He was deployed to Iraq for a few months but due to the nature of his job he never once left the base, saw no combat, and actually complains that it was "too safe and boring"

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    This!!!!! CONGRATS Janeen!!! Can't believe I over looked this yesterday!

Also,

Oh, this brings back memories of when we moved in our house!!! I soooo dislike the timeframes of contractors. I always say they are on CP time. In case you never heard of CPT (colored people time) it is a joke with black folks who are always late or start events late, which happens a WHOLE lot. I'm probably one of the only people I know who isn't always on CPT. But I changed it for the sake of our electrician and other contractors to be Contractor People Time. The I hope they showed up for you and got everything done. I know I hate sitting around waiting for peopel to show up when I have stuff to do.

Erin
    LOL. I never heard that one before. Honestly though one day he told me he'd be here at 10 and he didn't show up until almost 1.
    He came to me just now asking for a glass of water saying "I haven't had anything to drink all day" OMG bring drinks! In 90 degree weather especially!

21. Default

I don't know what sort of skills your DH has or what field he'd be interested in, but I have a friend who is in the Air National Guard and not only did it basically save his life but he now works for them full-time with great salary/benefits, and will make x2 his salary once he "retires" from the military and continues working his job as a civilian. He was deployed to Iraq for a few months but due to the nature of his job he never once left the base, saw no combat, and actually complains that it was "too safe and boring"
    He's ex-army and has his CDL... He's been talking with one of his buddies that is in the Army National Guard, and I think he said he wants to do aviation?

To be 100% honest -- I confess I don't care what he does, as long as he gets a job.. and soon!

He's ex-army and has his CDL... He's been talking with one of his buddies that is in the Army National Guard, and I think he said he wants to do aviation?

To be 100% honest -- I confess I don't care what he does, as long as he gets a job.. and soon!
    My friend, like I said, is now Air National Guard, and is repairs missile guidance systems in fighter planes. He was 100% trained for this by the Guard, no previous knowledge (I think he went to college for a semester or two but not enough for it to affect what path he chose).

I will be wishing your DH tons of luck no matter what he decides. I just wanted to put the story out there, since the Guard has done so much good for my friend and he is genuinely happy and financially successful now

Congratulations, Janeen! I'm late to the bandwagon. Too busy...

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess that I logged on at work just to say how DISGUSTED I am with my sister and mother right now but then people started walking around too much so I said screw this I'm going home to post it.

I confess there's a big time vent coming your way:

My sister sent me a text while I was at work and here was the conversation

Her - "Congratulations and prayers for a quick and uneventful nine months...ending with a healthy baby BOY!"

Me - "Why a BOY?" (knowing dam good and well why she said that)

Her - "Because mom told me the girl name :-/" (Girl name being Denaysia June and I'm irritated at this point)

Me - "Whatever. It has been that name for a long time now and if we have a girl I will be sure and tell her how much her family hates her name."

Her - "Cuz we know we're white. I talked mom out of naming you a f***ered up name and I'm just trying to do the same for my niece" (I'm pretty pissed off and furious now)

Me - "Okay well you can tell her she has a black, non white name then because I certainly won't!"

OMG WTF!?!?!?!?! I am sooooooooooo mad at them I could eat their heads right about now. I wanted to tell her "White? More like redneck" but I refrained. I should just be over it by now because they have given me grief about this name for quite a few years at the very least. But, I could SO see them saying something to her about her "black name" when she gets older. And she acts like my mom JUST told her the name??? She has known the name!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid! It really needs to end because it pisses me off to no end and it's not going to change what I name my daughter.

That's it, this is getting posted in the venting section too!
    Last edited by Janeen; 08-26-2009 at 05:06 PM.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

That really bites, Janeen. I have found that no matter what the name is, people will say things about it before the baby is born. If you don't tell them until afterward, then they tend to be more quiet, because there's no changing it at that point. I hope your sister and your mom can hold their tongues in the future, particularly around your child. If not, hopefully they won't be around too much. I would be really upset in your shoes.

Wow Janeen.... I really want to hug you... and sadly, I know how you feel. My mom and sister have (in the past) made really disgusting comments about the fact that my children will be biracial. Thankfully, they are smart enough to not DARE say anything since I announce my pregnancy or they know they won't ever meet the baby.

I am so sorry that you're dealing with this. I hope that you can somehow make your point very clear so that they either accept the name Denaysia or get the heck out of her life.

Wow Janeen.... I really want to hug you... and sadly, I know how you feel. My mom and sister have (in the past) made really disgusting comments about the fact that my children will be biracial. Thankfully, they are smart enough to not DARE say anything since I announce my pregnancy or they know they won't ever meet the baby.

I am so sorry that you're dealing with this. I hope that you can somehow make your point very clear so that they either accept the name Denaysia or get the heck out of her life.
    The funny thing is, THIS sister didn't have an issue with me dating a black man right before I met DH. My other sister on the other hand said my father would be rolling over in his grave had he not been cremated. And the sister who said that, hasn't said a word about the name. Ugh, let me repeat...just stupid.

I confess that it makes me nervous when people PM me and I don't recall ever seeing their name, anywhere on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that it makes me nervous when people PM me and I don't recall ever seeing their name, anywhere on here.
    LOL you have secret admirers!

Ashley, my DH joined the National Guard after he lost his job. He is also ex-army, and it was something he has been wanting to do for a long time. He loves doing it. It is not bringing in full time money, but he did get a sign-on bonus that really helped us out while I was off work this summer. He is looking at ways to get on with them full time, but it may take a few months.

Janeen, I am SOOOO sorry. My grandmother actually got mad at my father for naming me Amanda because she thought it was a "black" name (huh?) and my father is still bitter about that. He's been telling me I could name my kids whatever I want for at least 25 years now.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12