Page 109 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99107108109110111 119 159 209 609 1109 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    Duede. Kim. When are you going to test? Or are you going to wait?

So we've only actually bought one carseat, and it's Aidan's booster. The two toddler seats we have are hand-me-downs. I don't feel bad about it at all, nor would I ever shell out $300 for a carseat if I did have to buy one. Geez.

I confess Liam has a temp and even though its not terribly high, he's acting all delerious and sleepy and it freaks me out.

I confess I'm nervous about my doctor's appointment on Thursday.

I confess I miss Kim and Steph's texts...
    I have NO CLUE where my phone is, and that is no lie! My mom keeps myspace-biotching me out because she can't get ahold of me.

I don't know when I'm testing... still no AF but I've got a headache and that usually occurs right before it starts.

More drama and I am missing it?!?!
    **** school
    My carseat is a Graco(I think) and it was a hand me down and I know it wasn't in an accident or my SIL would have never given it to me. She is very anal about that stuff.

I wanna TEXT someone!!!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by xtrememousey View Post
    i confess that i am now nervous about my parents coming here in january....my Inlaws are super anti-obama and my parents are super obama supporters.....yikes
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Break out some popcorn and watch the drama unfold...
    Heck YA!!
    Video tape it

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    It's been awhile.
    I confess that this weekend my mom sat me and my two brothers down to tell us what she needs from as she fights her cancer. She begged us to be closer to each other. My younger brother and I are super close but our older brother is pretty much disinterested in us and his wife doesn't really approve of us. (she kind of sucks) At the end my mom was crying and asking us to please love and accept each other for who we are because we are going to need each other when we lose her. It was the most heartbreaking moment of my life. One because I don't want to think about losing her and two because I don't think my brothers will honor her wishes. I think that is so sad. I think it is something both of my parents struggle with.
    When we were saying goodbye, my older brother said to my mom, "I think we have all accepted each other for what we are so don't worry about that anymore." It was the most uncomfortable silence ever because he's the only one that does not know my younger brother is gay. He is afraid to tell him.
    Sorry to come barging back in here but I promise I've been stalking the whole time.
    Hugs to you.

I confess I am one of those wacky people about the carseat issue. (and I haven't even ventured into that thread but I get the jist from what you all have said here) I don't judge people who buy cheaper ones but I just personally feel more comfortable shelling out extra money for the brand names. I know it's superficial and I am just paying for the name but it helps me sleep at night, to think that the brand names and the fancy foam and whatever are safer. LOL Leave me and my snobbery alone! ;)
    On the other hand, I don't see what the big deal is about Maclaren strollers. I really wanted to like them but I could not figure out what I would be paying the big bucks for. I couldn't even figure out how to open and close the floor model. DH and I like to say about fancy expensive things that don't really do anything, "What does it do, give you an orgasm every time you use it?"
    Last edited by daylilies; 08-19-2009 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KateS View Post
    I confess I am one of those wacky people about the carseat issue. (and I haven't even ventured into that thread but I get the jist from what you all have said here) I don't judge people who buy cheaper ones but I just personally feel more comfortable shelling out extra money for the brand names. I know it's superficial and I am just paying for the name but it helps me sleep at night, to think that the brand names and the fancy foam and whatever are safer. LOL Leave me and my snobbery alone! ;)
    On the other hand, I don't see what the big deal is about Maclaren strollers. I really wanted to like them but I could not figure out what I would be paying the big bucks for. I couldn't even figure out how to open and close the floor model. DH and I like to say about fancy expensive things that don't really do anything, "What does it do, give you an orgasm every time you use it?"
    Don't feel bad, at least you are very self-reflexive about it and know that part of it is just paying for a name! My DH is the same way... something being the most expensive, the best name, or the highest rated gives him such a hard on... I just can't wait until we have to buy one of those booster converter seats

Quote Originally Posted by MamaKat View Post
    There is a carseat thread? I thought we were just talking about carseats.
    Convertible Carseat Recommendations

I had no one to GET a hand me down from, so meh. I have nothing against them though and would have taken one if offered.
    I am (will be) a member of the extended rear-facing club. I just wanted something comfortable for him and easy enough to operate for us. We had an Evenflo Triumph Advance for less than 48 hours - oh I hate that carseat! Settled on the Graco My Ride. He's comfy in it, it was easy to install/adjust straps, etc, it rear faces to 40 lb, and was $150. Which is a da mned site cheaper than a $320 Britax. OK . . . 'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    But I also confess that he is now interested in my APA browsing and I don't like it.
    I'm just a superfreak I guess . I wish Tredhed posted in here more, like he used to. But we're a weird couple and I've known that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    Kansas City! Unfortunately I won't have time to meet up with the KC crew because we'll be there for like... a day... that my DH and his friend have already super-duper scheduled

And good to know - just stay away from Maclaren strollers. They must equal sticker shock.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Oh, and I'm fine with being called Krista.

I have been "sunrider" in various forms for so long I can't even remember - since I stumbled across the name in a Star Wars comic a lifetime ago. My emails typically have sunrider in it, as do most, if not all, of my internet handles and log ins.

I didn't want to put my real name out there for all, but I've been posting in APA long enough that I'm comfortable with being called by my first name. What I'm not ready to do yet, though, is put a link to my blog in my signature. I think that still freaks me out too much.

I confess there are a few APA ladies' blogs I read regularly, though. Lydia!

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post

I know! I wanted to visit you and Ashley! Both DH and his friend are huge planners, so I can't say I'm surprised they have this intricate itinerary mapped out

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    And good to know - just stay away from Maclaren strollers. They must equal sticker shock.
    Oh, don't listen to me...lots of people love them, so it might have just been faulty or something. I had someone page the stroller section at BRU like 3 times and nobody ever came so I bought a Combi.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    I wanna TEXT someone!!!
    You still have my number??

Kansas City! Unfortunately I won't have time to meet up with the KC crew because we'll be there for like... a day... that my DH and his friend have already super-duper scheduled
    AGATHA! You tease!!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post

AGATHA! You tease!!
    I know! I would have loved to meet you, Audri, Krista, and Liam, and try some root beer milk!

13. Default

You can at least still try the root beer milk... Stop into any grocery store (I don't think Walmart sells it though) and grab a bottle... Shatto is the brand name..

DH recommends Hy-Vee or Price Chopper..

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post

AGATHA! You tease!!
    Yes'm I shall text something random!

shutterbird Guest

I confess... no need to test! AF is here!

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess... no need to test! AF is here!
    Aw shucks.

I confess I am anxious about my apoointment tomorrow. I know I have to be honest, but I don't want my doctor, who I love, to judge me. Hopefully she'll point me in the right direction to straighten myself out...
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

People can text me. I get all excited when I get text messages.
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

I confess I like random texts because it makes Robert jealous. And we need that sometimes, cause I give him no other reason to be jealous.

I also confess that AF is on vacation. I think she decided I deserved a month off.
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by heartmyboyz View Post
    I confess I like random texts because it makes Robert jealous. And we need that sometimes, cause I give him no other reason to be jealous.

I also confess that AF is on vacation. I think she decided I deserved a month off.
    So... whenyagontest?

I like texting too... when I have my phone. Lorelai likes to play hide and seek with it! (Minus the seeking part.)

Probably not gonna test. I tested last month when I was a week late and got a BFN. I honestly don't think I am pregnant. I don't *feel* pregnant anyways. I'll wait till the end of the month, cause I don't have the funds to buy a test anyways. I think I just skipped a month.
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

I confess . . . technically I'm getting more sleep, but I feel much less rested this week because of freaky arse disburbing dreams. They're not really nightmares (I'm not being chased, or fear for my life), but just some completely weird ****e that is totally disturbing. What is wrong with me that I'm dreaming like this? Sunday night, Monday night, and last night were horrible. Tuesday morning I woke up at 4 am crying because I was so upset, and this morning after Tred's alarm went off, I cuddled up to him and just sobbed . . . images from my dream still stuck in my head.

I confess, kinda related to sunrider's confession, I have some wacky intense dreams to. And for the first time ever I woke up with the big O from a dream I had. First time ever I had "positive effects", I am usually just like you, Krista

i confess i am very highly disappointed in my SIL right now

I feel really terrible (I confess)
    I was at the new house with Josh and my MIL was there too. Josh and I were getting ready to go home and so was she. Josh said "I don't want you" to me He wanted to go with MIL. So she took him which is nice because I can get some stuff done at the new house and then relax and do laundry at the apartment. But I feel like he doesn't like me lately. I've been a little stressed lately. It's been deathly hot here and we're trying to move in and I just haven't had much time for him. I feel so bad. But whenever I do try to interact with him he doesn't want to cooperate. All I hear is "no" or "I don't have to" or "It's okay mommy I don't want to" and I feel so frustrated that this kid is being so condescending towards his own mother LOL He's been doing weird out of character behavior lately and it scares me sometimes and I don't know if it's a normal phase or if something is wrong. He shakes his head a lot and pants and I think he's just acting like a dog but other times I think something is wrong with him.,..Aggghh

i confess i am very highly disappointed in my SIL right now
    Oh no, I gather the intervention did not go well?

He's been doing weird out of character behavior lately and it scares me sometimes and I don't know if it's a normal phase or if something is wrong.
    I'd try not to worry for now, I can't think of anything "wrong" that would cause a kiddo to not like/want their mom but be ok with everyone else. Maybe he is just in that "I can do it myself" phase? Everyone I know with kids has gone through the anti-mommy phase, sadly

I'd try not to worry for now, I can't think of anything "wrong" that would cause a kiddo to not like/want their mom but be ok with everyone else. Maybe he is just in that "I can do it myself" phase? Everyone I know with kids has gone through the anti-mommy phase, sadly
    Oh I don't mean the anti-mommy behavior. I know that's normal unfortunately. Things like shaking his head and singing the same line from something over and over (I can't even understand what he's saying sometimes but it's the same thing repeatedly), or screeching repeatedly, stuff like that scares me because he's not usually wild like that. But I just hope it's the age, or the whole moving process making him act out.

Oh I don't mean the anti-mommy behavior. I know that's normal unfortunately. Things like shaking his head and singing the same line from something over and over (I can't even understand what he's saying sometimes but it's the same thing repeatedly), or screeching repeatedly, stuff like that scares me because he's not usually wild like that. But I just hope it's the age, or the whole moving process making him act out.
    Ahhhhhh. I know other moms on here have had very similar concerns especially with stuff like head shaking, arm flapping, repeated sounds/words but honestly, in the majority of the cases it turns out to just be a weird phase. Though I can't imagine how hard it must be to see your child acting "different" and not be able to do anything about it

Oh no, I gather the intervention did not go well?
    it didn't happen,...she backed out last second

it didn't happen,...she backed out last second
    I'm sorry

I confess Josh wanted me to stay with him tonight when he went to bed, and I did for a while, because he rarely wants to snuggle with me anymore. He wrapped both arms around my head and held me like that for a long time. And I cried. I miss when he was a little baby and all he wanted to do was lay on me.