Page 108 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 858981061071081091101181582086081108 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I confess this poem reminds me of my family situation right now:

Philip Larkin - This Be The Verse
    They **** you up, your mum and dad.
    They may not mean to, but they do.
    They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

But they were ****ed up in their turn
    By fools in old-style hats and coats,
    Who half the time were soppy-stern
    And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
    It deepens like a coastal shelf.
    Get out as early as you can,
    And don't have any kids yourself.

It's been awhile.
    I confess that this weekend my mom sat me and my two brothers down to tell us what she needs from as she fights her cancer. She begged us to be closer to each other. My younger brother and I are super close but our older brother is pretty much disinterested in us and his wife doesn't really approve of us. (she kind of sucks) At the end my mom was crying and asking us to please love and accept each other for who we are because we are going to need each other when we lose her. It was the most heartbreaking moment of my life. One because I don't want to think about losing her and two because I don't think my brothers will honor her wishes. I think that is so sad. I think it is something both of my parents struggle with.
    When we were saying goodbye, my older brother said to my mom, "I think we have all accepted each other for what we are so don't worry about that anymore." It was the most uncomfortable silence ever because he's the only one that does not know my younger brother is gay. He is afraid to tell him.
    Sorry to come barging back in here but I promise I've been stalking the whole time.

Oh honey.

Yes .
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

Hugs mama...
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

I confess I'm exhausted and apathetic about just about everything (mostly work). I've had freaky arse dreams the last 2 nights and this morning woke up crying at 4 am BECAUSE of the dream.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

to Maggie, Bridget, and Sunrider (why do I not know your name...)

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    to Maggie, Bridget, and Sunrider (why do I not know your name...)
    LOL . . .

I'm Krista.

I confess I'm getting really PO'd at the car seat recommendation thread in NM/MIG.

There are basically insinuations that if you don't shell out the $300 and more for a fraking Britax car seat, then you clearly don't value the safety of your child (and thus are inferior parents to those that have a Britax in every car).

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I'm getting really PO'd at the car seat recommendation thread in NM/MIG.

There are basically insinuations that if you don't shell out the $300 and more for a fraking Britax car seat, then you clearly don't value the safety of your child (and thus are inferior parents to those that have a Britax in every car).
    Meh, in my mind eating booby juice for a year evens out sitting in an expensive car seat It's not like yours is a knockoff you bought in India or China at the night market for $5. Britax or not they have to pass safety inspections.

I bought one for $80. And I a bad parent? LOL People will fight about anything here.

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    Meh, in my mind eating booby juice for a year evens out sitting in an expensive car seat It's not like yours is a knockoff you bought in India or China at the night market for $5. Britax or not they have to pass safety inspections.
    I didn't shell out $300 or feed my babe booby juice for a year and I'm still a **** good mommy!

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    I bought one for $80. And I a bad parent? LOL People will fight about anything here.
    NOPE! And yep! God forbid somebody not be able to afford the best of the best.

I confess I'm freaking late.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I didn't shell out $300 or feed my babe booby juice for a year and I'm still a **** good mommy!
    Hahaha, tru dat

14. Default

LOL . . .

I'm Krista.
    I confess I always call you Sunrider on here, because I didn't know how you felt about being called by your first name on the internet.. lol

Amen!

I confess I have a headache...

shutterbird Guest

I confess I wub you all.

Kim, you are an awesome mama! You rock!

And don't think I didn't notice the "I'm late" comment. How late?

shutterbird Guest

A day or two or three. I haven't been really diligent about tracking my cycle for a few months.

A day or two or three. I haven't been really diligent about tracking my cycle for a few months.
    OMG I totally thought you meant "late for work" or "late for date night" or something... Oooooh.

And Krista, if you don't wanna be called by your first name I'm sorry!!! I was just curious I guess... maybe because the other 2 people I was referring to had publicly known first names and I was like hmmmm wonder who Sunrider is

Duede. Kim. When are you going to test? Or are you going to wait?

So we've only actually bought one carseat, and it's Aidan's booster. The two toddler seats we have are hand-me-downs. I don't feel bad about it at all, nor would I ever shell out $300 for a carseat if I did have to buy one. Geez.

I confess Liam has a temp and even though its not terribly high, he's acting all delerious and sleepy and it freaks me out.

I confess I'm nervous about my doctor's appointment on Thursday.

I confess I miss Kim and Steph's texts...
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

I'd be a testing Kim! Yes I'm a drama llama. I didnt feed Sam booby juice and I bought two expensive car seats (well, a britax and a graco, the first britax was a gift). But we do cloth diaper so I guess we even out. Boob Juice planned next go though!
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

What? Drama, and I'm missing it!? Maybe its for the best.

I confess I wish that I had chosen a screen name for apa that wasn't my real name. Though I think it makes it harder to find me via web searches than if I had a very distinctive user name. Still I think its boring of me...but also like its too late to change (though, I don't know why I feel that way, everyone else changes their names! Maybe I'm just lazy )
    Norah! (3 yr)

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I haven't read the carseat thread at all, but my first carseats were totally free. Hand-me-downs.

And Kim, won't you test? I think we're all more curious than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I haven't read the carseat thread at all, but my first carseats were totally free. Hand-me-downs.
    Don't say that in the thread, hand-me-down carseats are unsafe, out of code, and may have been involved in previous accidents!!!

Maggie, you can totally change if that would make you happy We would all know who you were anyhow, from your avatar, siggie pic, or just from reading your posts.

I've thought about changing my APA name, but I'd have to come up with something better. Once I know LO's gender I could do something with their name, but then the successive LOs would be left out! ( I love how I assume I will be here that long).

There is a carseat thread? I thought we were just talking about carseats.
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

shutterbird Guest

Lydia, I'll test after a few days. I'm getting kinda crampy now so who knows, I might just be late.

i confess :

i HATE drama of any kind but sometimes if the thread hit home about things i will get a comment in
    i am not going to wacth the feathers fly in january....i'm making it clear to both sets of grandparents that politics is an off limits subject
    i am organizing a "rescue party" for my SIL to get her out of the abusive situation she's in and thursday morning the "fits gonna hit the shan"
    that i am now curious kim.....lol

I confess, I just "found out" we're taking a mini-road trip this weekend. I guess I should have known, because DH told me and we've talked about it a few times with the other couple we're going with. I guess I just never connected the plan with an actual timetable

Where are you going?

I'm happy someone said this!! Everytime a carseat thread comes up it kind of un-nerves me. I confess that I'm bad and judgemental cause I think anyone who spends $300+ on a carseat is wacky, but that is just my cheapness showing as I would never buy a carseat over $100. Elle used a hand down carseat for 4 months until I bought her a cosco scenara for under 50 bucks and I love the seat!

I also confess that DH is cracking me up as last time I was on the confession thread here, Lydia's post about her neighbor who she calls Crackie was up and he started laughing and has been calling himself Crackie ever since!

But I also confess that he is now interested in my APA browsing and I don't like it.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Where are you going?
    Kansas City! Unfortunately I won't have time to meet up with the KC crew because we'll be there for like... a day... that my DH and his friend have already super-duper scheduled

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post

I also confess that DH is cracking me up as last time I was on the confession thread here, Lydia's post about her neighbor who she calls Crackie was up and he started laughing and has been calling himself Crackie ever since!

But I also confess that he is now interested in my APA browsing and I don't like it.

Erin
    I loved the Crackie story too! I know how you feel about DH on APA though... mine was interested for a while and it made me sort of uncomfortable. Thankfully he lost interest just as quickly and moved on to other stuff.