Page 1077 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 775779771027106710751076107710781079108711271177 ... LastLast
Results 32,281 to 32,310 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Liz.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    This is totally off topic, but i'm off to bed now but have just watched an episode of Father Ted. For those of y'all who have netflix, this is definitely one to watch if it's on there. It's the best British comedy ever. I love it so much. It's about 3 Irish priests and their housekeeper and the trouble they get in to. I'm sure some of y'all would like it.
    I tried to watch that one but just couldn't get into it. Maybe I will have to try again. We just started the second season of Treme - such a great show. Makes me want to go to New Orleans again. And just finished the first season of United States of Tara. It's entertaining but I'm not sold on it. There's things they overplay when I am interested in the things they underplay. I'm off Weeds entirely. Tried to watch the last season, but it has completely jumped the shark. This is what I have been doing on my break between classes! Started back today - 6 hours of hard work on the first two assignments. My mac wifi upped and stopped working yesterday afternoon, so I had to relocate to the living room where I am sitting on an ottoman and have the computer on a tv tray. Not very comfortable, but I have to be close to the internet connection plug. I may work on the next week's assignment tomorrow afternoon so that when I bring my computer in I will have a week's leeway in case something terrible is wrong with it. Please keep your fingers crossed that it is an easy fix as I really can't afford anything major right now.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Oh I would finish off US of Tara. I loved that and was sad that there were only three seasons.

Bridget, I'm not at work this week so have to rely on free internet sources but this is pretty much the best of the net and very reliable. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/scabies.html This is what I would use to print out info for any of our patients who came to my library as a first source.

Liz... I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I love your ticker Jen

Anyone good at resumes who wants to take a quick look at mine before I send it out? There is a school position I want to apply for and it closes Monday, so I want to send it off ASAP. PM me your email address, anyone who wants to and has time to look at it.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Chrissy, you need to clear some space in you PM box.

Mandy, I can take a look for you if you like and will PM you. I used to make a living creating resume's for people.

Erin

I'd be willing to take a look. I'll pm you my email addy.

Today started out like a bad Monday morning for me. I overslept and didn't wake up till 6:20 and my bus picks me up at 6:45. It was wash-my-hair day too (I only do it every other day) so I could NOT skip it. Believe me, I can't. So I did a quickie wash and drove a bit further to catch the bus at a later stop.

I arrived at work to discover we had a virus alert and I needed to jump through all these hoops to contain it. I won't bore you with the details, but I was attempting to get a memory dump and the computer totally froze up on me. Ugh.

While I was in that office, the VP lady who travels to/from work on a broom stick (I'm convinced!) walked in and asked the person whose computer I was working on for the spreadsheet that has the staff cut positions listed on it. I'm not worried because heck, unemployment can be a nice break. But it was strange to me that she'd blatantly say that with me sitting right there. She likes to get people upset. It's a fun past time for her, so I'm sure me being there was like icing on the cake for her. Not that it bothers me, but the way she said it in hopes of getting me upset/worried does kinda irritate me. It is what it is, ya know? I'm not married to my job.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    Chrissy, you need to clear some space in you PM box.

Erin
    I got the email & did!!

LOL at the broomstick lady!!

I hate it when people mention confidential stuff like that to people. My company is a trip and usually does a mass firing of people once a year (we don't pay very well compared to other companies in our metro and due to that we get pretty bad employees in certain positions). They NEVER discuss them but usually the people are taken to the "fifth floor" to get fired. There is a running joke in our job of my co-workers asking me if they are on the "fifth floor list." I do a lot of HR at my job (my job is cheap as we don't have an HR department here and I do part of the hiring and other HR duties, while another co-worker, who I've dubbed "The Terminator" does the firing) so everyone knows that I know who will be fired since I create the lay-off letters. I just laugh and tell them to watch out for The Terminator.

That is very unprofessional of your co-worker.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    I tried to watch that one but just couldn't get into it. Maybe I will have to try again. We just started the second season of Treme - such a great show. Makes me want to go to New Orleans again. And just finished the first season of United States of Tara. It's entertaining but I'm not sold on it. There's things they overplay when I am interested in the things they underplay. I'm off Weeds entirely. Tried to watch the last season, but it has completely jumped the shark. This is what I have been doing on my break between classes! Started back today - 6 hours of hard work on the first two assignments. My mac wifi upped and stopped working yesterday afternoon, so I had to relocate to the living room where I am sitting on an ottoman and have the computer on a tv tray. Not very comfortable, but I have to be close to the internet connection plug. I may work on the next week's assignment tomorrow afternoon so that when I bring my computer in I will have a week's leeway in case something terrible is wrong with it. Please keep your fingers crossed that it is an easy fix as I really can't afford anything major right now.
    Do give it another chance if you can! It's classic. I like it even better than Fawlty Towers and that says a lot for me! I think I'm biased toward the show, though, since I equate it iny memory to the first time I ever visited England (and the character Father Ted looks just like my adored FIL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    LOL at the broomstick lady!!

I hate it when people mention confidential stuff like that to people. My company is a trip and usually does a mass firing of people once a year (we don't pay very well compared to other companies in our metro and due to that we get pretty bad employees in certain positions). They NEVER discuss them but usually the people are taken to the "fifth floor" to get fired. There is a running joke in our job of my co-workers asking me if they are on the "fifth floor list." I do a lot of HR at my job (my job is cheap as we don't have an HR department here and I do part of the hiring and other HR duties, while another co-worker, who I've dubbed "The Terminator" does the firing) so everyone knows that I know who will be fired since I create the lay-off letters. I just laugh and tell them to watch out for The Terminator.

That is very unprofessional of your co-worker.

Erin
    Ugh, I'd hate to be in your position. I don't want to know!!

And yes, I thought it was very unprofessional too, which is sort of funny because she's one of those that likes to pretend she's a stickler for professionalism and will blast anyone who isn't acting 100% professional when she's around. She's actually a strikingly attractive person with what appears to be a nice face...but she's not. She's a witch! lol

Liz, I'm so sorry for your loss. Talk to us whenever you need to or feel like it, ok?

Ash, on the subject of Father Ted, I've never seen the show but I've always been curious about it. My last name before I was married is the same as one of the actors on that show and I used to have an email address that was my first initial plus last name. I got a couple of emails intended for that actor, who I had never heard of before. I was surprised because in the US, it's a pretty unusual name but it's more common in Ireland. I did some digging on the internet and discovered I shared a last name and first initial with an Irish actor! Kind of funny.

Erin, I got your email address and just sent the resume off (it's much earlier here, I know). Thanks for the offer. Chrissy, I don't think I have your email address so obviously I didn't send it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Ash, on the subject of Father Ted, I've never seen the show but I've always been curious about it. My last name before I was married is the same as one of the actors on that show and I used to have an email address that was my first initial plus last name. I got a couple of emails intended for that actor, who I had never heard of before. I was surprised because in the US, it's a pretty unusual name but it's more common in Ireland. I did some digging on the internet and discovered I shared a last name and first initial with an Irish actor! Kind of funny.

Erin, I got your email address and just sent the resume off (it's much earlier here, I know). Thanks for the offer. Chrissy, I don't think I have your email address so obviously I didn't send it.
    Derp at me. I was going to PM it to you and got sidetracked. Work is always interfering with my APA time

LOL! Sent.

Got it & just got it open and all heck is breaking lose at work. I'll try to look at it though.

oh and of course a docx file is fine! lol

He is a really funny comedian! But every time I see him, I can't separate him from his character, Doogle.

I just want to say that Erin is the resume queen. Anyone who needs to write one should definitely talk to Erin.

Good to know!

LOL - Chrissy, no offense, I know you said you were busy. It looks totally different now than the version I sent you!

Oooh, that's good to know about Erin!

I'm just watching Prince Charle's Tribute to the Queen (on her diamond jubilee) and it is really quite touching. I'm not in to the royals at all, but it's just him narrating video clips and showing pictures of them as a family, so it's actually very well done. It keeps cutting to Prince Charles' face when he's watching the clips and there's something about seeing his reactions to the clips that's quite emotional.

LOL - Chrissy, no offense, I know you said you were busy. It looks totally different now than the version I sent you!
    That's quite all right. Erin is awesome enough that I can only feel awe for her. It helps that she's so sweet.

Ash, that sounds interesting. I wonder if they'll show that here? I think I'd like to see it.

I'm excited! get Syd & Conner tonight 'cause Rich has to work tomorrow. Maybe once he does it, Conner won't be so nervous about staying with me again :-)

Awww...good luck! That's great and I know Conner will do just fine.

You ladies are making me blush about resumes!

And Ash, I would like to see that too. DH thinks I'm crazy because I watch things about the royals. I think because I am a minor geneaology buff and it is so great that they have such a deep family history.

Erin

Have fun with the kids Chrissy! I hope Conner warms up to your new place too with this visit.

Erin

I just looked online and it says that it will be shown on bbc one at 8pm est.

Chrissy, that's great the kids are coming over!

I just looked online and it says that it will be shown on bbc one at 8pm est.

Chrissy, that's great the kids are coming over!

I got a bed No more sleeping on the couch for me! I couldn't get the king size that I really wanted because 1) I couldn't get the headboard up into my apartment and 2) more importantly, I really couldn't afford the mattress. I got a queen and man, they are small! It seriously looks like a double to me, but I guess it's not.

Did you know it's illegal to sell used mattresses? Or maybe that's just in NY?