I'm actually at an advantage here because I'm done with the school year, but schools in NY are open for another month? I think. Which means they are earlier in their hiring process for next school year than the districts here.
But, I'd need a decision a lot sooner, because I am supposed to start back in the end of July. I signed my contract for next year (they needed an answer no later than tomorrow) and I can only get out of it "at the end of a semester." I'm not sure if they'd penalize me if I left now, or if it would be okay because fall semester hasn't started yet.
Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12