Page 107 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 757971051061071081091171572076071107 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

1. Default

uy added by DH... I guess he says HI tooi9o0-8=-o708

Ashley you are nuts!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Well I don't have any confessions either!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    Can someone help me find out when the heck Otitis Externa was first diagnosed?

[I confess] Toulmouche was probably the first physician to report a case of malignant external otitis (MEO), in 1838.

I confess that I am feeling more dread than excitement about seeing my parents in October after 2 years of seeing them last. My mother has stopped taking her mood disorder meds, so she's quite the scary person at the moment. I was all excited about them meeting Travis for the first time, but now I just feel like, "can't I just stay home here in England forever and not have to deal with this side of my family." I know it's wrong and all, but I just feel a sense of dread right now. I hope she starts taking her meds again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Thanks
    I gave up on that and I am now going to do my report over cataracts
    Though now I am having difficulty finding medications and the such used throughout the years of history. Agh.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I confess that I am feeling more dread than excitement about seeing my parents in October after 2 years of seeing them last. My mother has stopped taking her mood disorder meds, so she's quite the scary person at the moment. I was all excited about them meeting Travis for the first time, but now I just feel like, "can't I just stay home here in England forever and not have to deal with this side of my family." I know it's wrong and all, but I just feel a sense of dread right now. I hope she starts taking her meds again soon.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    Thanks
    I gave up on that and I am now going to do my report over cataracts
    Though now I am having difficulty finding medications and the such used throughout the years of history. Agh.
    Here you go!

http://www.mrcophth.com/Historyofoph...acthistory.htm

I don't blame you one bit, and I'd probably be considered canceling my trip, or changing it to someplace fun unless she gets back on her meds. Can you tell her that?

You are the awesomest!

I confess I had so much I wanted to get off my chest about how I feel about my mom, but I didn't feel like I could just tell anyone. I mean, she's my mom, you know? So I got together with my sister about a month ago, and we both feel the same way about certain things involving my mom. Now, whenever something bothers me or her, we can just call eachother and not feel terrible about talking negatively about our mom. It's such a relief, cause we both do love her to death, it's just that . KWIM?
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

I confess I could have wrote this secret.

I don't blame you one bit, and I'd probably be considered canceling my trip, or changing it to someplace fun unless she gets back on her meds. Can you tell her that?
    I already sent an e-mail telling my sister pretty much that and I will speaking to my dad soon to let him know we are not putting up with any crap. It's just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by heartmyboyz View Post
    I confess I could have wrote this secret.

Hah! I was thinking you were going to be the one contributing a juicy secret today, but oh well, and...

I confess that drives me crazy too. My dh always does it. And my co-workers always do it. I never say anything, I just push clear/stop whenever I see it.

I already sent an e-mail telling my sister pretty much that and I will speaking to my dad soon to let him know we are not putting up with any crap. It's just not worth it.
    Hopefully there is enough time and it's enough of an ultimatum that she's get back on her meds. It would be really hard to take a vacation on your own, let alone with a toddler, and see a family member who is not acting appropriately and causing more stress.

Well, I'm sure most of us have family members who don't act appropriately and cause more stress (I know I sure do ), but maybe not at a clinically diagnosable level. Good luck.

Hah! I was thinking you were going to be the one contributing a juicy secret today, but oh well
    Ok I'll try. So Friday was my birthday and I went with all three of my sisters to watch the Orphan Movie. We started out having a great time, but then once in the theatre there was this guy who looked like he was definitely on something. Well my sister has been clean (meth) for almost a month and a half now, after being hooked for like four or five years. She turned into a completly different person when she saw this guy. She got extremely nervous, and looked so pale. As soon as he would step out she reverted back to her normal self. So through the entire movie that's how it went. She was nervous, okay, nervous, okay... Finally the guy took a seat and we finished the movie, which was good btw. But I confess I never knew how bad my sister's dependence on the drug was until that night. It was almost scary. She could swear she saw him doing the drug, but no one else saw this. It was just a sad experience. I hope this time is truly the time she stays clean. This time she was the one who went to my dad and admitted to still using, and asked for him to take her to NA. She had us convinced she was clean for the last year, and we came to find out she had never went more than a few days without it. It's so strange not to have known. She was good at hiding it. She never wanted to be clean until now. She goes to her meetings EVERY single day, and calls her sponser at least twice a day. She didn't want to go out on Friday with us, but her sponser said it was best, besides she was going out with her sisters and none of us have ever used. It was an experience for her, and she said it was hard to watch that guy even from afar and that she was going to bring it up in her next meeting. I am proud of her for doing so well on Friday.

shutterbird Guest

I confess I have an infected tooth and my right cheek is swollen! I'm going to try and get into the dentist tomorrow. PITA!!

I confess... I wish there were more secular ladies here in TX!

I'm back! I had a great time in Minnesota with my sister and her family. It was hard to leave. I got to meet Katy (katycat24) too!! She is so totally awesome and JoJo is a sassy little sweetheart. I wish Liam had behaved better during our meetup though. He was grumpy all day. It'll be interesting to see the pic Katy's husband got of us... Liam was screeching and trying to lurch out of my arms.

I will catch up tomorrow. Aidan is starting kindergarten! EEK!!

And um, Kim? You still got your phone or are you ignoring my persistant texts??
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post

I'm back! I had a great time in Minnesota with my sister and her family. It was hard to leave. I got to meet Katy (katycat24) too!! She is so totally awesome and JoJo is a sassy little sweetheart. I wish Liam had behaved better during our meetup though. He was grumpy all day. It'll be interesting to see the pic Katy's husband got of us... Liam was screeching and trying to lurch out of my arms.

I will catch up tomorrow. Aidan is starting kindergarten! EEK!!

And um, Kim? You still got your phone or are you ignoring my persistant texts??
    Welcome home! I'm glad you had a safe trip!

I'm not ignoring you, though I know you don't believe me now. I still have to return your PM I just rarely have 5 minutes ALONE where I can think to write out a decent response.

Off to find my phone... I haven't seen it in a few days.

i confess that i am now nervous about my parents coming here in january....my Inlaws are super anti-obama and my parents are super obama supporters.....yikes

shutterbird Guest

Break out some popcorn and watch the drama unfold...

Hi everyone!

I confess that I just got an Iphone!!! Not juicy, but definitely exciting to catch up to the rest of the world after having this useless brick for all these years

and now for the way juicer one...

Ugh, I wrote it out and deleted it like 5 times. I so don't have the guts to post it publicly. Grrr.

Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Jesus Kim, can Lorelai be any cuter!

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    Hi
    and now for the way juicer one...

Ugh, I wrote it out and deleted it like 5 times. I so don't have the guts to post it publicly. Grrr.
    Tease!!!!

Seriously, it must be a tough confession.

Welcome back, Rin. You have been the queen of the APA meetup this summer.

Heartmyboyz, I can't imagine how difficult it must be for your sister (and for you, watching her go through this). I think meth is one of the most difficult addictions there is, and it's great that she's working so hard on getting clean.

Xtrememousey, I think it's time to place some hidden cameras in your house for your inlaw visit and throw out some strategic, sure-fire instigating statements. And then get the popcorn. Or be like me and just be quiet and polite and try to make sure everyone gets along.

I heard the word drama and came running.
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Break out some popcorn and watch the drama unfold...

Tease!!!!

Seriously, it must be a tough confession.
    Haha, yea, it's one of those rare moments that I realized anything I post on the internet is available for anyone to read...

Quote Originally Posted by MamaKat View Post
    I heard the word drama and came running.
    You drama llama you!!!

I confess...where the hell have I been? I need to start posting more.

I confess...I have some people in my life that are driving me bonkers bananas. And they are people I can't spend less time with, for various reasons (e.g. work/school). You know something that drives me crazy? When people treat the computer tech guy like he is a slave. "oh, my stuff is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo important, you MUST work late. I can't wait a second for anyone else". Like, these people are GRAD students, not CEOs. And they aren't even asking nicely. wtf.

That is really not a secular confession, but I needed to get it off my chest. phew.
    Norah! (3 yr)

30. Default

I confess that I think it SUCKS that post secret events start happening in places I have lived, just months after I move...

Just like how Cass moved to AK just months after I left... That sucks too.

I confess the WEAK wireless signal I am picking up keeps cutting out as soon as I start typing. GRRR