Page 1060 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 605609601010105010581059106010611062107011101160 ... LastLast
Results 31,771 to 31,800 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

They're not really reliable though. When I worked at Stay Healthy, the nurses talked very strongly about wishing they weren't even legal. They don't calibrate them regularly...bah...in a pinch I guess if you must you must, but I wouldn't rely on the info personally. I also wouldn't use one that a regular Joe can walk in off the street and buy at a drug store either.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

so DH just told me he has one of those that he bought when he was. Worried about passing the physical to get into the guard. Most older guys don't make it because of blood pressure so he wanted to monitor. He's going to check me now. Better than nothing right now. At least if it's high I'd know to worry.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Let us know!

It said 110/63, which is just where it always is when I've had the doctor do it. My pulse was high, though - 79. Could be nerves?

I have pretty bad RLS now that I'm pregnant, which feels like tingling or weird electrical impulses in my arms and legs. I know a ton of other pregnant women who complain about the same thing, and I'm not sure if it's hormone related or circulation related (or a combination of the two?)

Anyway, could it be possible that it's a 'harmless' side-effect of the meds you've been taking?
    ...or maybe even a pinched nerve?

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

DH is thinking pinched nerve, but I'm not in any pain. I'm open to any suggestions. RLS = restless leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    DH is thinking pinched nerve, but I'm not in any pain. I'm open to any suggestions. RLS = restless leg?
    Yep, that's it. It's driving me crazy right now, it makes it really hard to sleep. If that's what it is, then going for a short jog or taking a very warm bath sometimes helps. I don't think a pinched nerve has to display any pain...

I don't think I have RLS. Could be a pinched nerve, though.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Mandy, I just googled and I don't know if it's in the patient information pamphlet, but tingling and the pins and needles feeling, aka paresthesia, has been reported with Clomid. It has been also known to linger for a while after stopping it. These are postmarketing adverse effects, as in patients on Clomid had these issues, but they were not controlled nor compared with another group taking a placebo.

I take a medication that is well known to cause paresthesias, and it was really troublesome at first but I got used to it and the symptoms subsided after a while. Only every once in a while do I feel the symptoms strongly enough to even remember that they used to bother me. I do not know if this is something that might get better for you over time, or if it's a similar mechanism. I would mention this known effect to your doctor but also consider looking at other causes. I would think that Clomid is the most likely culprit, though.

Oy. Check out this most recent facebook status from one of my cousins.
    How soon we forget(9-11). Muslams terrorized ours and other countries yet, one sits in office.
    This is after a few days ago posting something about how Obama must be in the closet.

I am actually frightened by the stupidity in that status. And more than a little perturbed by the mispelling.
    Unfriend!

So, Mandy, are you going to call your dr in the morning?

Thanks for that, L. I googled and saw a few random posts from people on Clomid complaining of this issue, but none of them seemed to get much of a response.

I'm not really sure what to say to my doctor if he doesn't think it's related. I'm done with my dosage for the month so it's not a matter of not taking it. I have an appointment with him on Monday so we'll talk then. I might have to bring DH with me because he doesn't mind asking awkward questions. My biggest fear though is that the doctor won't want to do the IUI because he isn't sure what is wrong with me. I don't want to skip this cycle and then require another round of Clomid. Maybe I'll talk to him about another med like Femara if this cycle doesn't work.

Bridget, I just hate when people sound so ignorant. It's okay to disagree, but at least have your facts straight.

Or at least spell the lies correctly.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    I'm sorry M, but I laughed at the thought of a turtle "running away".
    LOL. Now I'm picturing a turtle doing that cartoon thing where he is running in one place and just kicking up a dust cloud. I can hear the sound effects in my head and everything.

Bridget, you and I are on the same page when it comes to your reasons for keeping Savana home from school. I feel ya, girlfriend, and admire your conviction.

Mandy, I think you have good reason to suspect the Clomid. I hope you get your doctor to show more concern about the symptoms you're having and at least put a little rigor into finding the underlying cause. The tingling must be so uncomfortable... and frustrating.

Y'know, I feel for doctors, at times. I do. Having done tech support as a job in the past, I know what it's like when something's not working and someone's counting on you to get to the root of the problem, while you haven't the faintest idea why this wacky thing is going on with the person's system. Then I think about how infinitely more complex the human body is than any machine. I wouldn't want to be the one left to do the troubleshooting. Having said that, I don't know of a single support model that says it's ok to let the person with issues hang up without at least trying to locate the root cause of the problem. Nor would it be ok to trivialize the problems a person's having and suggest it's no
    big deal or will clear up on it's own. Yet that's definitely the run-around I've gotten from doctors myself. Feel better, Mandy.

Sorry if a little incoherent right now. Nodding off again.

I do actually think my doctor is concerned about the symptoms. The nurse told me I should make an appointment with my primary care doc (which I don't have, but I did find one and make an appt). I think because the doc doesn't suspect the clomid he probably thinks it's something more serious so wants me to see someone who is more suited to deal with general health issues than he is as an RE. So I think he's worried - I just wish he wouldn't write everything off so quickly if it doesn't have a thick stack of research behind it. Rare side effects do happen.

Mandy, I hope they figure it out soon. It does seem like it must be a side effect, but better safe than sorry.
    Bridget, I am right there with you on the McDonalds thing. It doesn't make any sense to me. I told someone the other day that DD wouldn't eat chicken nuggets (meaning my homemade chicken tenders) and they said something like, "what kid doesn't like McDonalds" and were shocked when I said that she had never been there. I think we stopped at wendy's once on a road trip last summer and she would only eat the apples!

I keep picturing the tortoise and the hair when I think of a turtle running away!

Here's my PSA for the day: Go to missingmoney.com and search for yourself and your SO (and everyone else you know, LOL). We just got a check for $490! DH had ordered us a private hot air balloon ride to propose to me back in 2005 and when we drove the 2 hours there, it ended up not being a private one. There were other people going with us. We decided to go anyway and then contacted the company to try to get reimbursed the difference (about $150). They turned out to be a total scam and we filed a BBB complaint against them. They had hundreds. They eventually got shut down and forced to pay out on the claims, but we had moved and it went to our old, old apartment. Fast forward to yesterday, they reimbursed us the entire cost of the ride! Score! Both kids bdays are in a week and a half, so talk about good timing!
    AKA Lisa724

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    I keep picturing the tortoise and the hair when I think of a turtle running away!
    ....lol...and that had me imagining a turtle with a tupet (sp?) running away!

That's awesome you got that money back, Lisa. I'd never heard of that site before. My MIL watches a show called Heir Hunters every day, in hopes that a distant wealthy relative will have died and left her some money!

Speaking of dying, Travis has been asking questions about death lately. The other day when I spoke to my momma on the phone, he must have been listening to our conversation because I had asked her something about when my papaw died; about half an hour after that, Travis came up to me and asked, "Why did Papaw die?" I was like, "What?" and then I remembered my conversation with my mom and had to explain to him that it was my papaw that had died, not his. Then, today, we were discussing the letter 'J' and Travis was telling me things that started with J, so I said, "J is for Jeff, too." And Travis looked at me and said, "Why did Jeff die?" (Our neighbor Jeff died 1.5 years ago from lung cancer when Travis was 2.5). So, I had to try to explain to him about him being old and sick.

Oh, and then I also had to try to explain static electricity to him because we both got an electric shock today when I strapped him in to his car seat and he wanted to know what hurt him. That one was difficult. He said to me that when he got home he was going to yack(his word for 'hit') the electricity!

Going back to animals, we had a wild rock lizard that my sister caught when we were young. He lived for about 3 years. His name was Lonnie. He was so tame after a while that we'd take him out of his aquarium thingy and would put him on our matchbox cars and would drive around with him on there. I really miss having pets. DH keeps saying if we get a pet, it would be like having a third child and we're not ready for one yet. I think he's right, but I miss having cats and dogs around and living out in the country.

Mandy, I hope they figure out what was ailing you. I went to doctor on Friday and got some antibiotics for an upper UTI and had to stop taking them by Sunday because one of the side effects was tendon pain/rupture and my tendonitis was horrendous on Sunday, so I stopped taking them. I never did call the doctor to tell him, but the UTI seems to be gone for now.

It said 110/63, which is just where it always is when I've had the doctor do it. My pulse was high, though - 79. Could be nerves?
    that's good. I wouldn't think it would be so 'off' as to read that low if it was indeed too high. I'm not sure about the pulse though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Oy. Check out this most recent facebook status from one of my cousins.

This is after a few days ago posting something about how Obama must be in the closet.

I am actually frightened by the stupidity in that status. And more than a little perturbed by the mispelling.
    Unfriend!

So, Mandy, are you going to call your dr in the morning?
    Oh goodness. That sort of thing freaks me out too. It makes me wonder about our society as a whole and if there really is any hope that things could get better. Is there such blatant ignorance in other developed nations?

I also wanted to add that my comment earlier wasn't intended to be like a judgement for you keep Savana out of her field trip. I was only making a general statement about us. I'm not sure I'd keep my kids home from a field trip to a hospital, but I would raise my eyebrow at the idea. It does seem like a bizarre place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Y'know, I feel for doctors, at times. I do. Having done tech support as a job in the past, I know what it's like when something's not working and someone's counting on you to get to the root of the problem, while you haven't the faintest idea why this wacky thing is going on with the person's system. Then I think about how infinitely more complex the human body is than any machine. I wouldn't want to be the one left to do the troubleshooting. Having said that, I don't know of a single support model that says it's ok to let the person with issues hang up without at least trying to locate the root cause of the problem. Nor would it be ok to trivialize the problems a person's having and suggest it's no
    big deal or will clear up on it's own. Yet that's definitely the run-around I've gotten from doctors myself. Feel better, Mandy.

Sorry if a little incoherent right now. Nodding off again.
    I've felt the same way. And I get defensive about auto-mechanics for the same reason. A lot of those things are only solved through trial and error (or poke and hope as I refer to it). I really hate it when I try 230743095748 things and then whatever was wrong is suddenly right again and the person says, "So what was the problem? How did you fix it?" Sometimes...I have no idea! I also say that the only reason I'm good at my job is Im really good at Googling. There's one brilliant tech I work with who's been doing this for over 10 years and twice now I've come up with solutions that he never thought of, found himself, and impressed the heck outta him. He's a real sweet guy because for all his intelligence he's not afraid to admit when someone else comes along with a better solution.

I have to say again just 'cause I'm thinking it-I work with a really great team. Everyone has their own strengths and quirks, but I think we're all friends and everyone is genuinely nice and hard working. I admire them a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    Here's my PSA for the day: Go to missingmoney.com and search for yourself and your SO (and everyone else you know, LOL). We just got a check for $490! DH had ordered us a private hot air balloon ride to propose to me back in 2005 and when we drove the 2 hours there, it ended up not being a private one. There were other people going with us. We decided to go anyway and then contacted the company to try to get reimbursed the difference (about $150). They turned out to be a total scam and we filed a BBB complaint against them. They had hundreds. They eventually got shut down and forced to pay out on the claims, but we had moved and it went to our old, old apartment. Fast forward to yesterday, they reimbursed us the entire cost of the ride! Score! Both kids bdays are in a week and a half, so talk about good timing!
    woo hoo Yay for extra money and getting that balloon ride! How fun! I've look before and I'm not missing any money. Neither is anyone I could think of to check for.

So last night we moved my couch and recliner to my upstairs apartment. Ironically, we had a horrible and good time at the same time. It was aweful getting my couch up the stairs. I was nearly in tears when it was 1/2 way up and saying, "I can't do this!" Rich waited for me to re-energize and one stair at a time we hauled it up. Not only were the stairs narrow, but there's a turn to the left at the top immediately followed by a right turn into the living room. The couch barely squeaked through and Rich had to flip it first one way, then the other to put the cushy-side toward the door sills where it was bumping...Rich shoved it HARD to get it to squish enough to fit. I couldn't have done it without him. He would have had an easier time with Tim's help, but my brother is terribly sick. Sick enough that I wish he'd go to the dr. He went to sleep at 11 one night and slept straight through till 6:00 p.m. the following night. And his chest is hurting. It worries me.

Some of you may have seen that I posted that I nearly killed Rich by accident. When we were initially moving he couch up the stairs, I thought it would be easier for me to push from below, but each step had a lip on it and I just could not lift the entire weight of the couch up over each lip. So I asked if I could hold it there while he ran around the kitchen and came down the outside stairs and switch places with me. I hadn't used them so I had no idea what shape they were in...but they were slightly wet and have that green slime on them. Rich fell 3/4 of the way down my stairs. Hard. His hip is bruised something awful and he hurt his forearm bad enough that I thought for a minute the couch was going to have to stay on my stairs. I really feel terrible I wasn't going to ask him to help me move anything, and then he goes and nearly breaks a hip at my new apartment.

The reason I say it was good though is because through all the upset, pain, and frustration we kept laughing. Rich says the couch is staying where it is when I move back home.

Ash, those talks about death are the worst. It seems they do go through phases where they seem almost obsessed with it. Every one of my kids has made me worry by all their questions...but I guess it's normal.

Lisa, that's so awesome that you got a windfall like that. Have fun with it!

Ash, I don't look forward to having more death discussions with B. I told you guys already about the time he told me he wanted me & DH to die. At that time I focused on how irreversible it was and how hurtful it is to the people that lose a loved one. Maybe I scared him a little bit. I did try to shore the explanation up by cribbing heavily from The Lion King and talking about the "circle of life". As with everything else, I'm guessing kids learn to be unafraid from their parents, and if you talk about death in a way that is somewhat matter of fact, and stress the importance of living a good life without regrets, they'll be better equipped to cope with the whole concept.

Chrissy, I think it's really sweet the way you and Rich are staying friends throughout this entire process. I hope it works out for the best for both of you.

I wanted to share what I've been up to with you girls, lately. Not only have I been double/triple-booked in meetings and working on that reverse-engineering project, but I've also been hard at work in my role as volunteer club photographer for my mother's club. We had a fundraiser a couple weeks ago where I and 3 other photographers did portraits for the families at a really steep discount. We ended up raising a ton of money for the club, and families who might normally not be able to afford portraits were able to get some nice memories of themselves. I learned a lot and am pretty pleased with the results. Here's a peek at some of my favorite photos that I snapped from the day.

ETA: Just as an added layer of protection, the password is the word we all use to say we've been gone for awhile and haven't read up on everything we missed, but want to join in the conversation anyway. All our regulars (and regular lurkers ) know what that is. All lower case.
    Last edited by demigraf; 05-16-2012 at 09:06 AM.

I do actually think my doctor is concerned about the symptoms. The nurse told me I should make an appointment with my primary care doc (which I don't have, but I did find one and make an appt). I think because the doc doesn't suspect the clomid he probably thinks it's something more serious so wants me to see someone who is more suited to deal with general health issues than he is as an RE. So I think he's worried - I just wish he wouldn't write everything off so quickly if it doesn't have a thick stack of research behind it. Rare side effects do happen.
    Mandy...this is from Micromedex and I pulled it up in literally 5 seconds. This was under common side effects for clomid.
    Neurologic: Asthenia, Dizziness (less than 1% ), Headache (1.3% ), Insomnia (less than 1% ), Lightheadedness (less than 1% ), Migraine, Paresthesia, Unsteady when walking, Vertigo (less than 1% )

This was from facts and comparisons (drug database).
    Postmarketing adverse reactions:
    The following adverse experiences were reported spontaneously with clomiphene citrate. The cause and effect relationship of the listed events to the administration of clomiphene citrate is not known.

Cardiovascular: Arrhythmia, chest pain, edema, hypertension, palpitation, phlebitis, pulmonary embolism, shortness of breath, tachycardia, thrombophlebitis.

CNS: Migraine headache, paresthesia, seizure, stroke, syncope.

Both sites had a lot more side effects mentioned but I only copied those related to the nervous system.

If still worried, I would try to bypass the primary doc and just see a neurologist if you can.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I can't see the photos! It says private.

Random but neat:

Today Abbey is 3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days old. She's also 3 ft 3 inches tall.

Darn.... No missing money

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    I can't see the photos! It says private.

Random but neat:

Today Abbey is 3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days old. She's also 3 ft 3 inches tall.
    Three-markable!

Molly, use the password I mention in my post above. (Or the force. Either one should work. )

Gorgeous pics Myles!!

Great job on the photos!! We are having them done on saturday!
    AKA Lisa724

Thanks, Lisa & Chrissy. I can tell you, it's really easy to fall in love with a kid's face if you've been editing it for an hour.

Great photos Myles!!! Wish you were around to snap some pics of us!

Erin

Thanks, Erin!

Mandy, how are you feeling today? With the information that Jennifer pulled up, it does appear that Clomid could be the culprit afterall. Your RE needs to know if it's the cause, not only for its impact to your current treatment, but also for other patients in the future who might experience the same effects. I'm so sorry this is happening!

Wow, those are great photos, Myles! I love all the daisies in the pics!

Mandy, I sure hope you are feeling better today.
    Chrissy, I was wondering what happened when I saw your post on fb.

I haven't unfriended my cousin on fb yet because I am having way to much fun watching the rest of my family tear him a new one for all his ignorant comments. I have a new found respect for one of my uncles who I had no idea was such a liberal!