Page 105 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 555951031041051061071151552056051105 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by xtrememousey View Post
    i confess i may have put my foot in my mouth and started trouble in the controversial thread in random but i'm ok with it
    i confess everything i typed i actual feel is true
    i confess i'm tired of being asked to go to chuch and sing in the choir with anyone
    I hope you're not talking about me!

If so I wasn't upset as I know my controversial opinion is VERY controversial and not too many people agree with it.

Erin

I confess . . . Lydia
    I just read your blog and I'm sorry Ronin is so sick and so glad Justin was home.
    I cannot imagine trying to do that as a single mom, either.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Woodchuck Cider - it's hard apple cider. Comes in various flavors in bottles that you can keep at home - all very delicious. But once you form the addiction you learn you can get it on draft at some pubs/restaurants. Served from draft in a frosty pint glass . . . OMG it's nirvana!!!!

ETA - sorry, hit submit before I was done. It's sometimes called cider beer, but I detest beer. Flavor wise, it's much closer to wine than it is beer. Woodchuck has several varieties - Amber (the original), Granny Smith, Dark & Dry, plus Pear and Raspberry.

If you go for this stuff, there's also Hornsby's (yuck), Strongbow (which is drier than Woodchuck, I'm not a fan), and Woodpecker (very VERY close to Woodchuck). You can usually get it at most liquor stores in bottles.

I confess, if you can ever find Original Sin cider, buy it up because it blows Woodchuck out of the water!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I hope you're not talking about me!

If so I wasn't upset as I know my controversial opinion is VERY controversial and not too many people agree with it.

Erin
    i was talking about your post but i had a feeling you wouldn't be offended.....i just thought it would cause a stir and it didn't and i'm glad!

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

I confess my first taste of hard apple cider was Bulmer's in Ireland and it has ruined all other hard apple ciders for me. I've never seen it here in America.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I confess that we've just put our house up for sale and a house in our dream neighborhood has just gone up for sale, too, and it's within our budget! Can I ask for some secular ladies house selling/buying vibes, please!
    You've got them! I hope you get your dream house! And I hope everything works out perfectly for you!

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess . . . Lydia
    I just read your blog and I'm sorry Ronin is so sick and so glad Justin was home.
    I cannot imagine trying to do that as a single mom, either.
    I am very glad he's doing better today. I have to say, massive puking is one of the big drawbacks to bed-sharing. I had twice as many linens to wash because he got it everywhere. On the other hand, I'm really glad he wasn't in a crib in the other room and we were able to respond immediately.

We were going to have a playdate today with some nearby triplets only 1 day older than my twins, and I canceled it. Their mom described the sheer hell of all three of her babies having rotavirus at once and the amount of laundry she had to do. I've been very lucky so far that on the two occasions of vomiting illnesses, only one baby has caught it and kept it.

I confess that even though I know dh wouldn't like it, I made a reference to him being in a car accident (true, but very minor) on my blog because his mother is being childish and giving us the silent treatment, and I want her to stop and think about what she's missing or what she might miss. She already didn't respond to my email about the babies missing her and how we should try to arrange some time to get together when she wasn't too busy to see us. She used to get mad at dh when he was just a little boy and not talk to him for days at a time. I can't understand how she can love him so much and still not pull herself together to act like an adult, especially when he needed her to be there for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dana_renay View Post
    I confess, if you can ever find Original Sin cider, buy it up because it blows Woodchuck out of the water!!
    Hmmm, going to have to keep my eyes open for this. Love the name - shouldn't be too hard to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    I confess my first taste of hard apple cider was Bulmer's in Ireland and it has ruined all other hard apple ciders for me. I've never seen it here in America.
    I am green with jealousy. Tred and I hope to make it to Ireland for our 10th wedding anniversary, but I doubt it happens. Someday, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    We were going to have a playdate today with some nearby triplets only 1 day older than my twins, and I canceled it. Their mom described the sheer hell of all three of her babies having rotavirus at once and the amount of laundry she had to do. I've been very lucky so far that on the two occasions of vomiting illnesses, only one baby has caught it and kept it.

I confess that even though I know dh wouldn't like it, I made a reference to him being in a car accident (true, but very minor) on my blog because his mother is being childish and giving us the silent treatment, and I want her to stop and think about what she's missing or what she might miss. She already didn't respond to my email about the babies missing her and how we should try to arrange some time to get together when she wasn't too busy to see us. She used to get mad at dh when he was just a little boy and not talk to him for days at a time. I can't understand how she can love him so much and still not pull herself together to act like an adult, especially when he needed her to be there for him.
    I can't get over how Claire could possibly sleep through all that. She must sleep like the dead.
    Even sidecarring the crib is dangerous - the one time Liam was sick like that, he hit both his crib mattress and my side of the bed (as well as himself, me, and the dog) Ewwwwwww.

I don't get you MIL either. I can't imagine doing the cold shoulder treatment for a child - especially not as a little boy. And don't understand it as an adult either. In any kind of crisis, a hug and words of support are what anyone needs, even if it's just a minor car accident.

I confess that I am back home! We had a huge scare yesterday which led to a last minute u/s this morning but it looks like Sprout is perfectly snug and the bleeding was just a freak occurrence. 176 bpm heartbeat I finally saw my little stowaway.

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    I confess that I am back home! We had a huge scare yesterday which led to a last minute u/s this morning but it looks like Sprout is perfectly snug and the bleeding was just a freak occurrence. 176 bpm heartbeat I finally saw my little stowaway.
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Phew! Sorry you had a scare and equally thrilled all is well. Did you get to see the heartbeat too?

We lost our first one - no heartbeat flutter at 8 weeks. So when we saw Liam's it meant all the more. I could have stared at the baby dradis screen for an hour if the tech had let me.

Keeping for Sprout!

Yay, willowispy!

Lydia, sorry your MIL is being a dufus.

And for all y'all craving cider, I'll have a Bulmers for ya. ;)

And I've not even been to Scotland or Ireland yet and I live in England. As soon as we have baby #2, we will be off travelling again soon! LOL.

Oh, and I confess I'm going to have cereal for my supper.

shutterbird Guest

From a woman who ALWAYS bleeds during pregnancy, I feel your pain! I'm so glad the little Sprout is still safe and sound.

shutterbird Guest

You've got them! I hope you get your dream house! And I hope everything works out perfectly for you!

I am very glad he's doing better today. I have to say, massive puking is one of the big drawbacks to bed-sharing. I had twice as many linens to wash because he got it everywhere. On the other hand, I'm really glad he wasn't in a crib in the other room and we were able to respond immediately.
    Awww, poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon!

shutterbird Guest

I confess I had a weird dream last night that plays on the marriage issues DH and I have right now and it really has me thinking.

I confess yesterday was horrible, but today's is bound to be better. Our A/C is working and I woke up because my feet were numb with coldness.

I confess I'm seriously considering visiting a UU "church" because I just want to see what it's about. The only thing holding me back is that I fear it'll be to preachy.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess I had a weird dream last night that plays on the marriage issues DH and I have right now and it really has me thinking.
    How creepy... me too!!! I emailed DH about it as soon as I woke up. I hope you guys can work stuff out. Telling DH about my dream actual made him feel a little embarrassed about his past behavior.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Yay! I had bleeding around 7 1/2 weeks with my twins and thought I was having a miscarriage. I went to the ER and that's when we found out they were twins! One of the scariest and then happiest days of my life. What a rollercoaster. Bleeding is not uncommon around then.

shutterbird Guest

How creepy... me too!!! I emailed DH about it as soon as I woke up. I hope you guys can work stuff out. Telling DH about my dream actual made him feel a little embarrassed about his past behavior.
    Weird huh?

We're okay, there's just been a huge lack of communication lately and him not wanting to talk anything through. Men!

I confess yesterday was horrible, but today's is bound to be better. Our A/C is working and I woke up because my feet were numb with coldness.

I confess I'm seriously considering visiting a UU "church" because I just want to see what it's about. The only thing holding me back is that I fear it'll be to preachy.
    It can't hurt to go! I would wait until summer is over though--if your church is anything like most UU churches, summer services are pretty different from normal. Fewer people show up and sometimes even the minister goes on vacation so there may be church members running the service instead.
    Sometimes my church talks a little too much about the Lord, or God, or Jesus, but I have to remember, not everyone there believes in that, and next week they may talk about Buddism or something totally different. There's something for everyone.
    I confess I'm sad I missed the sermon about "welcoming congregations", which are UU churches that have undergone seminars on how to be accepting, understanding and inclusive of GLBT people. All UU churches are open to those groups but it's an extra step some churches take to truly understand the issues these groups face.

shutterbird Guest

Sounds interesting, Kate. My only concern is the preachy-part. Do they try to shove it down your throat or is it more informational?

Sounds interesting, Kate. My only concern is the preachy-part. Do they try to shove it down your throat or is it more informational?
    It's more informational. In my old church which I attended in my tween to teen years, if it was about Jesus or God, it mostly turned into a life lesson or 'moral of the story' kind of thing. On Christmas there were a lot of Christmas songs and reading from that part of the Bible, but it was a beautiful service. At the end we each hold a little candle, turn the lights out and hold up our candles in complete silence. I miss that.
    At this church it seems a little more direct. We were singing a hymn the other day that I thought was a little much. But the sermons have been about poetry, "cleaning out the attic" (a metaphor for keeping the past in your heart but keeping up with the present), stuff like that. I've only been attending for the last couple months, so we'll see what it's like when summer ends.

I confess,
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I confess we're officially TTC next week....AF is here now, so this may be the last time I see her for awhile. We shall see.......I excited, scared, worried, excited...LOL.

Oh, and hey Janeen. I've seen you hanging out in the TTC room, so I thought you must be having a good time in there..LOL.

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess,

I confess we're officially TTC next week....AF is here now, so this may be the last time I see her for awhile. We shall see.......I excited, scared, worried, excited...LOL.

Oh, and hey Janeen. I've seen you hanging out in the TTC room, so I thought you must be having a good time in there..LOL.
    Yeah it has pretty much all but completely consumed me! Okay, maybe completely.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess,

I confess GOOD LUCK!!! I hope your TTC journey is short

Good luck!

We're still on the fence, and my AF is here right now too. We may or may not ttc at the same time. Emotionally, we really want to ttc. Practically, we think it may not be the best idea. Whatever the case, I'm off bc pills and I'm scheduled to be off any other medications that are unsafe for pregnancy by next week.

I have OPKs in the bathroom, just in case.

Good luck!

We're still on the fence, and my AF is here right now too. We may or may not ttc at the same time. Emotionally, we really want to ttc. Practically, we think it may not be the best idea. Whatever the case, I'm off bc pills and I'm scheduled to be off any other medications that are unsafe for pregnancy by next week.

I have OPKs in the bathroom, just in case.
    And good luck to you, too This is so exciting.

I confess... I have never been this unmotivated in my life. What's wrong with me Get up, butt! Move!

I confess... I have never been this unmotivated in my life. What's wrong with me Get up, butt! Move!
    I confess I was just about to write the same thing! I have a massive pile of laundry to sort through, but I just can't get...to...it. Argh. OK, logging off now. See y'alls later.