Page 1040 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 40 540 940 990 103010381039104010411042 1050 1090 1140 ... LastLast
Results 31,171 to 31,200 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Shelley, time does fly! I was just thinking too that next month it will be 14 years that DH and I have been a couple and June its 9 years married. It does NOT feel like 14 years already since we were first dating. OTH it does feel like and even more than 5 years since we first started TTC.
    I can imagine

At the end of May DH and I will have been married for 5 years and together for 8!! I seriously can't believe we've been together that ong. We are so comfortable with one another, but yet still learning new things about each other al the time. I love it

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I love camping, but it is totally different in Florida. I grew up camping in the mountains and forests. I cannot wait until we take ds to Idaho or Alaska for real camping. when I was little we had a huge tent, and as a kid I loved it. But now that I am an adult, I want a motor home!
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    I love camping, but it is totally different in Florida. I grew up camping in the mountains and forests. I cannot wait until we take ds to Idaho or Alaska for real camping. when I was little we had a huge tent, and as a kid I loved it. But now that I am an adult, I want a motor home!
    Camping in Florida is awful. Mosquitos everywhere!! When we lived in TN I liked camping. Down here No thank you!

See, watching nature like that has no effect on me. I get more of a reaction from watching Scar kill Mufasa in Lion King, than I do a REAL lion taking down a REAL zebra. It's fascinating. Maybe not the blood and guts of it, but the instinct of it all is pretty cool.

So yesterday dbf helped (well, did most of it) dig the garden! The soil just needs to be rotated some more and mixed with some good top soil, and I can get to transplanting/planting my garden! I'm super excited because it's going to be twice as big as last year and last year 3 pumpkin seeds overtook basically my whole garden, plus some. So if I do pumpkin this year, I'm gonna do it in a different area, and that way it doesn't happen again.

**Lizzo**

A few years ago we camped at Key Largo. We had a good time. But we couldn't have a campfire because ds was too young. There was a wolf spider in our car trunk. And there was big lizard, I guess a monitor lizard, in the lake behind our campsite. shudder shudder shudder. I prefer camping in forests where I only have to worry about bears.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    A few years ago we camped at Key Largo. We had a good time. But we couldn't have a campfire because ds was too young. There was a wolf spider in our car trunk. And there was big lizard, I guess a monitor lizard, in the lake behind our campsite. shudder shudder shudder. I prefer camping in forests where I only have to worry about bears.
    I don't blame you! Our biggest nuisance was always the armadillo's and the raccoon's! Annoying little buggers!

Quote Originally Posted by Inca View Post
    See, watching nature like that has no effect on me. I get more of a reaction from watching Scar kill Mufasa in Lion King, than I do a REAL lion taking down a REAL zebra. It's fascinating. Maybe not the blood and guts of it, but the instinct of it all is pretty cool.

So yesterday dbf helped (well, did most of it) dig the garden! The soil just needs to be rotated some more and mixed with some good top soil, and I can get to transplanting/planting my garden! I'm super excited because it's going to be twice as big as last year and last year 3 pumpkin seeds overtook basically my whole garden, plus some. So if I do pumpkin this year, I'm gonna do it in a different area, and that way it doesn't happen again.
    That's awesome! I can't wait til I can do a garden again

Still need to get my clothes line up too. Well, need to buy it. But that's another outside/yard thing I'm looking forward to.

**Lizzo**

Good luck with Ro's surgery, Lydia. I am sure everything will go well, and he will come through it just fine (and exploiting every opportunity for popsicles and Jell-O).

Bridget, it was nice of your MIL to recognize that you had something to do with the pleasant visit she had. Makes all the tongue biting worthwhile, although I know I wouldn't have been able to do it.

I love watching nature programs. I don't generally have a problem watching predator-prey interactions, but not when baby animals are involved. I remember that my parents took us to watch a movie called 'Tooth and claw' or somesuch when we were young, and I absolutely hated it, 'cause it was all a whole bunch of cute animals being run down and nommed on by eeevil lions and tigers and cheetahs and such.

Can't wait till the kidlet is old enough to go hiking/camping again. I so badly want to go back to the Yellowstone region, hike the Tetons, go on some of the backwoods trails there that we didn't get to do when we went last time. I also want to hike some glaciers before they disappear for good, and go to Alaska to watch the grizzlies fish for Salmon. So much stuff to do, so little free time.

BTW, the kidlet's teacher told me that she's ready to be potty trained (with her, I think it's ALL psychological). We got gobs of cute little panties, and she ran around all day yesterday in her undies. She asked for her panties this morning, but then insisted on changing into her diaper when we told her it was time to put her pants on so she could go to school. Hopefully, her teacher was able to convince her that under wear goes under her pants.

I'm going to do a garden again this year. Last year I got a few things from it, most cucumbers and a few heads of broccoli. Freaking deer ate most of my tomatoes.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Hopefully, her teacher was able to convince her that under wear goes under her pants.
    LOL!!! I love it.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

I was camping with my mom a few years ago (pre-kids) and we were sitting there drinking by the fire and then heard a rustling noise in the brush we had gathered. Out popped a skunk about 2 feet from us! We quickly ran off and went for a middle of the night walk around the campground. When we got back, it was gone thank goodness and hadn't sprayed.

L, Good luck with R's surgery, I hope it all goes smoothly!

I can't watch things get attacked/eaten on tv. I have to change it. I just pretend that it doesn't need to happen, LOL.
    AKA Lisa724

Yeah it's weird to think that had things gone according to plan, I would have a 4 yr old right now and might be going for number 2 if I hadn't already. course than we probably wouldn't have the house that I love so much and we wouldn't have gotten Poogie and we really love her a lot now. I know it will happen and feel that it's meant to be.
    I just didn't not expect or plan on being a new mom that was older.
    Life has a way of taking its own turns sometimes. I'm sure it's been difficult, but you have a lot of nice memories, a gorgeous house, a little puppy you wouldn't have had otherwise...and you're still going to get your baby. I'm sure of it and I can't wait. Between you and Mandy, I think I'm as excited as I ever was for myself to have a baby. That's the biggest reason I stay in this thread. I want the happy endings.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Life has a way of taking its own turns sometimes. I'm sure it's been difficult, but you have a lot of nice memories, a gorgeous house, a little puppy you wouldn't have had otherwise...and you're still going to get your baby. I'm sure of it and I can't wait. Between you and Mandy, I think I'm as excited as I ever was for myself to have a baby. That's the biggest reason I stay in this thread. I want the happy endings.
    Chrissy is just a big ole softy

She is spot on though, I foresee waterworks from all of us when it happens for you ladies

I'm a bleeding heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Inca View Post
    Still need to get my clothes line up too. Well, need to buy it. But that's another outside/yard thing I'm looking forward to.
    I love, love my clothes line! If DH would stop working 7 days a week it might actualy get finished, but at least it's functional right now

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    BTW, the kidlet's teacher told me that she's ready to be potty trained (with her, I think it's ALL psychological). We got gobs of cute little panties, and she ran around all day yesterday in her undies. She asked for her panties this morning, but then insisted on changing into her diaper when we told her it was time to put her pants on so she could go to school. Hopefully, her teacher was able to convince her that under wear goes under her pants.
    Suja you kill me!!

I'm going to do a garden again this year. Last year I got a few things from it, most cucumbers and a few heads of broccoli. Freaking deer ate most of my tomatoes.
    Ugh... What a pain!!! Our battle is bugs! Always bugs, everywhere. That and the oh so lovely chickens that like to tear through the dirt and destroy all the plants

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...emptation?lite

This was interesting. I am definitely wired for one over the other! Actually makes me feel better about having no self-control in that aspect of my life and that it's not totally all my fault and just partially my fault.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Crazy boys! Who knows? That's nuts though. Sometimes I think I should put a game on for Conner to watch, but I never know when one is playing.
    I just google red sox and I find their website and I think up at the top it says when their next game is. There was supposed to be one on Sun. but it got rained out so we're waiting for the rain date. I suppose you'd be a Yankees fan though?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    My dad LOVES baseball. He had it on here today and I thought mil was going to lose mind. Definitely not refined enough for her!
    My dad was saying he never got into baseball until he met my stepmom. It was probably too refined for my mom. LOL

I still think that your perception of your mother's patience when you were a child could be different from reality, and it's likely your kids will view you as more patient than you actually felt. Time will tell.

To you and R. I'm sure it'll go fine, but there's nothing anyone can say to calm mama nerves.
    Oh yes. I picture myself as a screaming lunatic but Josh says I am not as bad as DH which I really cannot figure out because he only sees DH sometimes on weeknights and on weekends.
    I'll be thinking of you guys, L. I assure you he'll be fine. I know it's harder for you than for him.

Today there was only one kid on the bus. J is still on vacation out of state and they didn't bother to call the school to tell us not to go pick him up. Our boss called us right before we got to Red's house to tell us he wasn't coming, and D's mother came to the door when we beeped and threw up her hands and shrugged, like she usually does when she can't wake him up.

I also am very excited for the babies that are yet to come in this room.
    I used to love camping. I still do actually but now it's so much WORK. The last time we went i was just exhausted after we camped. This year we are looking for one of those campers that are like a metal trailer that you just pull behind and it's pretty much beds and nothing else. All the pop up and set up stuff is so tedious with the kids around.

I kept Savana out of school today because she took time off while mil was here and since I thought we were going to Milwaukee this weekend i'd planned to be getting home today after dropping her off at the airport. But since all my plans were foiled by the naysayers in this house, we didn't go anywhere. So I took the kids to the cave of the mounds by myself today and it was SO fun and not difficult or stressful at all which was the whole reason that mil and dbf wouldn't do it on friday. Well, they would have but both of them were acting like I'd suggested we take the kids to the dentist or something. The cave was beautiful and I get so much joy from watching Savana and Kai do stuff like that because they take their discoveries very seriously lol. Kai with his little flashlight and backback.
    ***WARNING. CHILD DEATH MENTIONED

On a very tragic note, as I was cleaning up our picnic today I got a call from one of my daycare parents whose son is in Savana's class at school. She knew Savana wasn't going to school today and wanted to let me know. One of their classmates was killed yesterday when she was hit by a car. So I had to break that news to Savana. She didn't give me much of a reaction but every time we have a quiet moment she tells me to talk about something so she doesn't have to think about it. So I know sleep will be hard for her. I can't stop thinking about that poor girl's parents. Makes me sick to my stomach.
    Last edited by Bridget; 04-23-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Oh how terrible. My heart hurts for them

Aw no! Those poor parents How tragic.

I know. I can't stop thinking about that girl's mama. I saw her every day when I pick up Savana. Life is so precious.

There's no getting over something like that. I think you just learn to live with it. Good god.

There's no getting over something like that. I think you just learn to live with it. Good god.
    "good god" was meant as an expression obviously. I cannot believe a "good" god would take a child.

That's the part I'm dreading, Chrissy. When Savana asks me why. She still asks me why grandma got cancer and why she didn't get to be a "little old lady". Sometimes the only answer is that there aren't any.

That's definitely the most difficult part of being a parent. How do you explain something you barely have a grasp on-if at all-yourself? There isn't any explaining a child's death to another child.

I will never forget when my classmate died in a house fire when we were in 2nd grade. I often think about her and who she would have been...would she have had children by now? I also think about her parents and wonder how they're doing now.

I can't help but think of the man who hit her as well. The news story said she ran out from between two parked cars so purely accidental. He'll never get over it either.

Oh man...could you imagine? Ugh.

I will lighten the mood a little bit here since I made the little old lady comment. My kids get phrases stuck in their heads and use them constantly for a few weeks in conversation and play. Little old lady they've been on for about a month now. So today at cave of the mounds there were a few spots where they wanted everyone to crowd around and we were on a tour with a fourth grade class so i'd make sure Savana and Kai had a spot up front where they could see and then I'd wait off to the side so the 4th graders could see. Well on the way home Kai said, "Mom, I'm sorry you didn't get to see some of the stuff. Let's go back when you are a little old lady so you can be up front with us." My little sweetheart looking our for me.

Oh, Bridget, that is so sad. How sad that Savana has to struggle to understand that at her age.

You kids are such sweeties, though.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12