Page 104 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 454941021031041051061141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #3091

    Default

    i confess i should confess more
    lol
    i confess i feel guilty confessing in my birth month room because i really do have it good and i appreciate my husband and i know i'm blessed but some of the girls have it so hard that my confessions seem really petty and whiney

    i confess my happy @ss better get to bed while it's still dark

    i confess that i think SAHD's have it worse than SAHM's because of the stigma attached as if they aren't doing anything for the family


  2. #3092
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,490

    Default

    I also think if anyone is a SAHD not by choice but because of a job loss or unemployment issues, that can feel really awful. Many of my friends and my sister and my ex-boyfriend have spent quite a bit of time being unemployed in the past 8 years here in the Bay Area and they tell me it's quite a hit to one's self-esteem, especially if it's long-term. I imagine it's much worse for a man whose wife continues to work.

    Have a great time in Philly, Ms. Spy!

    And sorry I forgot to say this earlier, since I've been commenting on your posts elsewhere, but welcome back Shutterbird, and glad you had a great trip!


  3. #3093

    Default

    I confess on the SAHD thing.

    If we could afford it, Tred would totally be a SAHD - by choice. I have the potential to make more money and he could, if properly motivated, do freelance graphic art work from home for extra money.

    I confess I would love to be able to spend more time with Liam, but I don't honestly think I could be a SAHM.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  4. #3094
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,490

    Default

    I knew a guy once who wanted to be a SAHD, but he said he only wanted to play with kids all day, didn't want to do any cooking or cleaning. It would be tough to work full time as a woman and then come home to a disastrous house.

    I think I have the best of both worlds, being part-time.


  5. #3095

    Default

    I confess my MIL wants to take the boys for a week or two before they go back to school but I'm not comfortable with it. Usually I don't mind, but over the last couple of years she's been in and out of the hospital. Once for a hysterectomy after finding something like 15 different sized tumors. Then, for surgery on her heart, I don't remember exactly why, and this past year to have her gallbladder removed.

    After it all she has become a different person. She wakes up in the middle of the night seeing things and hearing things that aren't there. She is terrified of being by herself, which, I think, is a big reason why she wants the company. She doesn't know why but she lives in fear that something bad could happen. I'm almost 100 percent positive she's depressed, and has almost admitted it to me when we're alone, but denies it in front of other people. We haven't had the best relationship so I'm sure she's assuming I'm just being a *****, but that's really not it at all, because she has always been awesome with the boys.
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

  6. #3096
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heartmyboyz View Post
    I confess my MIL wants to take the boys for a week or two before they go back to school but I'm not comfortable with it. Usually I don't mind, but over the last couple of years she's been in and out of the hospital. Once for a hysterectomy after finding something like 15 different sized tumors. Then, for surgery on her heart, I don't remember exactly why, and this past year to have her gallbladder removed.

    After it all she has become a different person. She wakes up in the middle of the night seeing things and hearing things that aren't there. She is terrified of being by herself, which, I think, is a big reason why she wants the company. She doesn't know why but she lives in fear that something bad could happen. I'm almost 100 percent positive she's depressed, and has almost admitted it to me when we're alone, but denies it in front of other people. We haven't had the best relationship so I'm sure she's assuming I'm just being a *****, but that's really not it at all, because she has always been awesome with the boys.
    If you aren't comfortable with them being there alone, how about more visits before they go back to school? That has got to be so scary for her, and I understand your reluctance to not let the boys go there alone. Poor woman, she's been through a lot!

  7. #3097

    Default

    I confess....serenity now! That is all.
    Norah! (3 yr)

  8. #3098
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I confess....serenity now! That is all.

    I confess I keep coming back and looking at this, but it's not working for me. However, I am thinking about having a glass of wine with dinner.


  9. #3099

    Default

    You know, I haven't had alcohol since pre-pregnancy - even though I know a little here and there while BF is OK. Probably is I have something very specific in mind, that I can't get at home and only a few pubs/restaurants carry, and we rarely go to those places.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  10. #3100
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    You know, I haven't had alcohol since pre-pregnancy - even though I know a little here and there while BF is OK. Probably is I have something very specific in mind, that I can't get at home and only a few pubs/restaurants carry, and we rarely go to those places.
    What on earth do you drink that is so exotic?

    I confess that I think I lost another friend because of the secular room.


  11. #3101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    What on earth do you drink that is so exotic?

    I confess that I think I lost another friend because of the secular room.
    Yeah, I wanna know what you're not drinking too!

    Uh oh Lydia. That sucks. I have to say that I'm curious who/why/what's up. PM me if you feel like satisfying my immature gossip streak. Or not if you don't want to.

    Honestly, I've given up with people being annoyed by my atheism/etc. I still have a few good friends on here that are religious and know what my deal is, and they don't care. I'm happy with that. Otherwise, I don't need 'em. But its easy to say that now, because I lost the rest of the people long, long ago.
    Norah! (3 yr)

  12. #3102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess I keep coming back and looking at this, but it's not working for me. However, I am thinking about having a glass of wine with dinner.
    Yeah, Serenity now doesn't work for me either. You would think I might give up one of these days. Maybe I should pray?
    Norah! (3 yr)

  13. #3103

    Default

    Woodchuck Cider - it's hard apple cider. Comes in various flavors in bottles that you can keep at home - all very delicious. But once you form the addiction you learn you can get it on draft at some pubs/restaurants. Served from draft in a frosty pint glass . . . OMG it's nirvana!!!!

    ETA - sorry, hit submit before I was done. It's sometimes called cider beer, but I detest beer. Flavor wise, it's much closer to wine than it is beer. Woodchuck has several varieties - Amber (the original), Granny Smith, Dark & Dry, plus Pear and Raspberry.

    If you go for this stuff, there's also Hornsby's (yuck), Strongbow (which is drier than Woodchuck, I'm not a fan), and Woodpecker (very VERY close to Woodchuck). You can usually get it at most liquor stores in bottles.
    Last edited by sunrider; 08-07-2009 at 09:50 AM.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  14. #3104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess that I think I lost another friend because of the secular room.
    I'm so sorry Lydia.

    I have several good friends of various religious beliefs and I am very thankful that they accept me for who I am. I would miss them terribly if they decided suddenly that my heathen-ness was no longer acceptable.

    At times I mourn the loss of the other secular mommas that have left us because of "religious persecution" in other rooms of the forum. Luckily I'm IRL friends with LaurenB, but those in other cities I've lost contact with and that saddens me greatly.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  15. #3105

    Default

    Where is LaurenB anyway? Is she GONE-GONE? or just not around much? I liked her...
    Norah! (3 yr)

  16. #3106
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I'm so sorry Lydia.

    I have several good friends of various religious beliefs and I am very thankful that they accept me for who I am. I would miss them terribly if they decided suddenly that my heathen-ness was no longer acceptable.

    At times I mourn the loss of the other secular mommas that have left us because of "religious persecution" in other rooms of the forum. Luckily I'm IRL friends with LaurenB, but those in other cities I've lost contact with and that saddens me greatly.
    I loooove cider; my newest love is flavored cider, especially strawberry cider! Magners is an excellent Irish cidere as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess that I think I lost another friend because of the secular room.
    Well, if people have issues with your views, they aren't worth it!

  17. #3107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Where is LaurenB anyway? Is she GONE-GONE? or just not around much? I liked her...
    She's doing well! Just decided she'd had enough of the god-stuffs on the forum and stopped posting completely.

    Since she left she had a second baby girl, born just 2 days after her first.

    Mina was born 4 May 2007 - so 2 years 3 months old. She just had her first day of pre-school last week (just one day a week). Loved it and Lauren noticed her speaking was clearer after a day with other kids (not that you coudln't understand her before - she's a smart little girl with a love singing).

    Jovie was born 6 May 2009 - 3 months old yesterday. She's a beautiful little girl too, happy and healthy.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  18. #3108

    Default

    wtf, I just tried to reply but I got an error message that said 'americanpregnancy.org does not exist'. WEIRD.

    Anyway, I was trying to say that I miss Lauren and can you say hi for me? Mina and Norah are pretty much the same age, so I still think of them. I'm a bit jealous about the new baby. Tell her congrats!

    And totally unrelated...I just don't get sometimes how people can be so mean and bitter and angry about....well, I guess, people being different from them. I've just run into some shocking stuff in the last couple of days and I wonder where all the anger comes from. Once again, serenity now.
    Norah! (3 yr)

  19. #3109
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,490

    Default

    I confess "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge," as Charles Darwin put it. I was just reading the Wikipedia entry for the Dunning-Kruger effect when I was supposed to be doing other things, and the authors of the study made the following hypotheses:
    1. Incompetent individuals tend to overestimate their own level of skill.
    2. Incompetent individuals fail to recognize genuine skill in others.
    3. Incompetent individuals fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy.
    4. If they can be trained to substantially improve their own skill level, these individuals can recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill.

    I find this interesting.


  20. #3110
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    11,734

    Default

    I just wanted to let you guys know I'm heading out late tonight to Minnesota to see my sister. I know I haven't been around much but in case anyone tries to contact me and I don't write back, you know why.

    I hope everyone is well and I'll do my best to catch up when I get back (in a week).
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

  21. #3111
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,490

    Default

    I noticed you were being awfully quiet, and glad to hear it's just busy-ness.


  22. #3112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Anyway, I was trying to say that I miss Lauren and can you say hi for me? Mina and Norah are pretty much the same age, so I still think of them. I'm a bit jealous about the new baby. Tell her congrats!
    Done.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  23. Default

    I confess I feel like I have been absent from APA for about a week now... even though I have checked in almost daily...

    I confess I had a dr appointment yesterday. Turns out my "chigger bites" weren't chiggers... they were fleas! They are going away now, and I've gotten the green light to take Benadryl for the itch!

    I confess my Dr. still didn't have the results of my glucose test... I'm assuming my numbers were fine, as he didn't call me last night after they called the lab to request my results.

    I confess I lost about half a pound. I'm now at right about my pre-baby#2 weight.

    I confess I am kinda happy about that beings I gained 33 pounds with Audrianna, and really don't want to get that heavy again!

  24. #3114

    Default

    Ashley I am having to get my apartment bombed because apparently there are fleas in here and they bit up poor Evie's legs..
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  25. #3115
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,490

    Default

    I had fleas once. Turns out I got them from doing yardwork--there are a ton of stray cats in my neighborhood and they infested my back yard. Then I brought them into the house and my poor innocent indoor cats got them. I kept getting these inexplicable red welts on my legs and eventually got one biopsied because they just kept coming back. I felt pretty stupid later on when I found out they were just fleas. The guy who sprayed my yard and house told me the fleas were just jumping around in the ivy. *Shudder*


  26. #3116

    Default

    We had an infestation of fleas about a month after buying this house because stray dogs used to live on the porch and it took a while to get them away after we moved in.

    I just vacuumed them up off the carpets/beds/furniture and sprayed the floors with a flea killing spray called Zodiac and they were gone within a week.

    It was horrible though. I hope you get rid of them soon.

    Erin

  27. #3117

    Default

    Vacuum as much as possible.

  28. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Vacuum as much as possible.
    We have hardwood, and leather couches.... ? Though I did strip the beds, and wash the bedding... and have not gotten any new bites since then.

    I confess DH and I went grocery shopping today and spent nearly $500!! It took us 6 hours and I am BEAT!

    I confess I frequently forget just HOW pregnant I am (HOLY ________! 30 weeks tomorrow!!) until I do something like this... Hello contractions, and swollen feet!

  29. #3119

    Default

    i confess i may have put my foot in my mouth and started trouble in the controversial thread in random but i'm ok with it
    i confess everything i typed i actual feel is true
    i confess i'm tired of being asked to go to chuch and sing in the choir with anyone


  30. #3120
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,433

    Default

    I confess that we've just put our house up for sale and a house in our dream neighborhood has just gone up for sale, too, and it's within our budget! Can I ask for some secular ladies house selling/buying vibes, please!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •