Page 1029 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 29529929979101910271028102910301031103910791129 ... LastLast
Results 30,841 to 30,870 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    And Katy, you're 40?! You do *not* look 40 to me, at all (I'm thinking of the video you posted awhile back of your interview about your artwork). I figured you were my age or younger (33).

I also thought of that video Katy and didn't think you looked 40.

I do get hit on still, even though I don't think I am looking my best right now. Guys always have hit on me and I never like being hit on, but I have big boobs and honestly I got sick of hiding them in t-shirts. I look good in V necks or square neck shirts and so I primarily wear those and in the summer I wear a lot of sun dresses and I get a look of oogles at those times. Plus I am usually really friendly and talkative to most normal people but some guys start off normal then veer towards crazy really quick. One guy who used to work out in the cardio room at my local rec center asked me to go out with him one day and I told him no, that I was married and he kept going on and one about how my husband didn't need to know, that he didn't want to steal me from my husband he just wanted to spend some time with me (in my mind meaning he wanted to F me - but not the letter F in my mind) and so I had to get kind of tudey with him and ask him how he would feel if his wife went out with some guy behind his back and his response was he didn't care since he probably would not have been "handling" everything at home. I informed him my DH handles things in that department very well but he was free to come over to spend time with me DH, and the kids cleaning the kitchen or doing yard work. He looked at me like I was nutty. I get guys like that quite often. Most African guys I meet ask me if I'm married and if I'm not would I consider marrying them, like right from the get-go. It makes me LOL for real.

I don't think I dress to attract it as plenty of times I go out in sweats and a T-shirt and look like crap with crusties in my eyes and go take the kids to the park on a Saturday morning and I'll have some guy trying to talk to me and asking me if I want to go out. I truly don't understand it. Even though I have a lot of confidence in the way I look, I know that I am not some extreme beauty. I figure it is because I am friendly but even when I'm not friendly a guy will ask me if there is something they can do to make me look happier. It is a mystery to me.

I'm not really dreading 40 but am looking forward to it. My mom just turned 50 and she looks really good and people think we're sisters. My grandma was good looking too as well as my great grandma well into her 80s. I do fear the health/body aspect of deterioration, not so much the looks as the aches, pains, fatigue, etc. that can come with getting older. I figure I'll take more naps though and am looking forward to that.

Erin

That is horrible. I used to lay awake thinking about how I'd get out all my beanie babies. Now I lay awake thinking about how I'd get out my real babies. and

**Lizzo**

I worry about that sort of thing less now than I did in my 20's. I used to really freak myself out.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I feel like a schmuk, but I want to brag that I bought a size 4 bohemian dress for myself today and it fits! I'm 5'8" and have 4 kids. 4 years ago I was a size 14, so this is a big deal for me.

Way to go!! I need to lose some poundage here... but when I'm nursing I just hold onto it. I'm pretty much the exact same weight right now as I was the entire time I nursed Remy. I lost 10 lbs after that, and before getting pregnant with Seren.

Speaking of skirts, I don't know if you guys have heard of enwrapture vintage, but I'm going to be doing a co-op through them. The prices are wonderful and they are awesome skirts/dresses. Not to spam you all, but if you check out their webpage and want in/more info on prices you can PM me.

**Lizzo**

I was looking at that "couch to 5k" regimen today and thinking of doing it. Basically you work up to being able to jog 5k. And you go at your own pace, it doesn't say "run a 5k in 30 minutes" or whatever. You start out alternating walking and jogging and work up to just jogging. I feel like I need a routine to get into for exercise. I'm too easy on myself if I don't have a plan! I need to shop soon for the cruise and I haven't lost any weight. It's going to be depressing!

I think you should do it Kate. Heck, maybe I will too at the same time. It's not hard to get up to 5k, especially if you don't think about it. I mean, when I started running I was 31 or 32 years old. I didn't like running, not even as a child. I didn't particularly have a goal beyond being able to run 1 mile without stopping, but once I got there I upped it to two, then I decided 3 probably wouldn't be that much harder. And it wasn't. 5k is just around 3 miles so I know I could get there again. If you want a 'teammate' of sorts, I'm game. We can keep each other motivated and accountable.

Sure. I don't want to have to check in weekly or anything but if I think of it I'll post about how I'm doing. This is the website with the chart I'll use: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I'm not sure if I'll start next week since I'm still kind of sick. Maybe the week after next?
    Last edited by daylilies; 04-14-2012 at 06:45 PM.

I am not a fan of running either but am thinking of starting. I dropped the weight I wanted to but I need toning. Way to go on the size 4 Chrissy!

Todays gem is that Sawyer's cloth diapers are making him walk funny and that's not good for him. Teeheehee.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Sure. I don't want to have to check in weekly or anything but if I think of it I'll post about how I'm doing. This is the website with the chart I'll use: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I'm not sure if I'll start next week since I'm still kind of sick. Maybe the week after next?
    Sounds good. I don't know if I'll follow it exactly because keeping track of 60/90 second increments is too much for me. The way I did it before is I jogged until I couldn't any more, then I walked till I caught my breath, and then jogged again. Each time I could jog a bit further. I think that's how I'll do it again until I'm running 3 miles without stopping for breath. What will be new for me is that I now live on a hill, so coming home will be an uphill climb. Which is good. One last 'push' before stopping. It's a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I am not a fan of running either but am thinking of starting. I dropped the weight I wanted to but I need toning. Way to go on the size 4 Chrissy!

Todays gem is that Sawyer's cloth diapers are making him walk funny and that's not good for him. Teeheehee.
    Are his diapers too small?

My size 4 is like a maxi dress, not jeans. I won't be squeezing my ass into size 4 jeans any time soon. But still. It's a 4. On my clothes. It's awesome.

I keep hearing about these maxi dresses. What exactly are they?
    Yeah, I don't know how I'm going to keep track of the time either. My treadmill has a thing where you can program in a routine, but since the treadmill is used, it didn't come with the code to get into the program, and when we called CS they said they'd e mail us with a code and they never did. There must be an app or something that you can program with a routine, isn't there?

I am a terrible runner, I look like a new fawn trying to run from a bear. Plus I have issues with hip pain, so no running for me.

Myles, omg I used to love that show Out of This World!! That video is pretty good, thanks for sharing.

Ashley, it's always interesting to me what US shows are popular in the UK. I asked my dh why he thought we don't have any imported shows here. He said "I don't think Americans would get the british humor" English movies do the cross-over all the time. But he's right, we never have straight across UK tv shows shown here. They will revamp the shows with recasting American actors, and give them a try over here.

Molly-ha we call my brother unfrozen caveman, because he is so untechy. He has gotten much better now with his own computer and smart phone,and plus his 20 something daughters help keep him "hip". My brother will hear us talk about some new technology and he will say "oh your new world ways frighten me, it was much easier in the cave" LOL!!

Liz, Seren is such a bundle of cuteness! I had the hardest time getting G to blow his nose. I finally got him to by asking him to breathe, funnily enough that made him blow out.

Ashley, I grew up watching SNL, I mean like I can remember watching at age 7. I miss Phil Hartman. Remember the Anal Retentive chef? It was such a part of my life, but I never watch it now. Sometimes when a funny skit makes the internet circles I will see it. But it's not part of my Saturday's anymore.

Katy, I so know what you mean about getting older. I just turned 41, and I don't feel like I am old but having to say it out, it sounds old. But not a whole lot I can do about it!

Bridget, good luck with your MIL. How long is she visiting?

Chrissy, you should feel proud!!
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

I don't know...probably. I run to music though and don't look at my phone or anything, so that would be distracting. I find if I can get in a 'zone' I can go much further without noticing fatigue.

http://www.maxi-dresses-on-sale.com/...f-maxi-dresses Maxi Dresses

His diapers are not too small. That was just mil comment. I'd just put him in his night diaper and it's bulkier than the regular ones since he's got to wear it all night. She said to dbf that she really doesn't think it's good for him to wear such bulky diapers. I was in the other room and just yelled, "It's fine!"

She's here 10 days. And really she's a great woman with a kind heart and all. Just one of those people that always has something to say about everything, you know? Like the opposite of "live and let live" which is generally how I feel. You do you. I'll do me.
    But she is generous and helpful, and loves the heck out of the kids so I should not complain.

His diapers are not too small. That was just mil comment. I'd just put him in his night diaper and it's bulkier than the regular ones since he's got to wear it all night. She said to dbf that she really doesn't think it's good for him to wear such bulky diapers. I was in the other room and just yelled, "It's fine!"

She's here 10 days. And really she's a great woman with a kind heart and all. Just one of those people that always has something to say about everything, you know? Like the opposite of "live and let live" which is generally how I feel. You do you. I'll do me.
    But she is generous and helpful, and loves the heck out of the kids so I should not complain.
    Oh! I get it now...der at me.

She's nuts. In a good way, but still.

I'm sick of my music so last time I used the treadmill (about a month ago now ) I watched a movie. Then I watched a Bon Jovi concert that was on Netflix. That was fun But I just need something that beeps when time is up, so I know to switch to jogging, or walking.

My mother is kind of like that, Bridget. She makes comments about everything, but she's generally a nice person. She just feels a need to make her opinion known.

Those maxi dresses are cute! I think I might have to get one of those.

I'm sick of my music so last time I used the treadmill (about a month ago now ) I watched a movie. Then I watched a Bon Jovi concert that was on Netflix. That was fun But I just need something that beeps when time is up, so I know to switch to jogging, or walking.

My mother is kind of like that, Bridget. She makes comments about everything, but she's generally a nice person. She just feels a need to make her opinion known.

Those maxi dresses are cute! I think I might have to get one of those.
    I love them. I don't get to wear them often though 'cause any day I might have to crawl around on the floor. Although the way my new job is set up, I could easily sit on the floor and just reach back...the towers are on these 'slings' that are attached to the bottom of the desk and can be pulled forward for easy reach. At my last job--I was in every position known to man. My favorite was on my knees on the huge, mahogany desk with my head/arms reach down the back corner almost to the floor, essentially upside down trying to reach cords on the floor. 'Cause you know, it makes the most sense to put a 500 lb desk up against the wall where the ethernet connection is.

I cannot run on a treadmill. I bought one and tried to use it for rainy/really cold weather but I hated it. I could barely force myself to do a mile on it.

My mil is that way too. Her opinion is fact. Drives me crazy. I need to learn, not to react, but usually I roll my eyes and gripe to dh.

She is constantly wanting G to go to the next "step"...like right now he should be in school, and I should be back to work.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

God save me from being like that.

It might be harder to pull off that one would thing though. At least for me. Bobbie is 19 on 4/18 and I just laid right into her yesterday because she blew her entire student loan check. She didn't save for gas, groceries, or used auto parts to repair her car from when she hit the deer. I mean-I really let her have it. I told her I was not taking care of her any more and she was on her own. We had told her and told her to budget and use that money for food and gas, and we talked extensively about what Uncle Tim could do and how much it would cost her.

Given this recent episode at home and the conversations we've had here, I can imagine it would be very difficult to bite ones tongue if you really felt like your child (even as an adult) is doing something to screw things up. I'm not saying the mil's are right...but the point is, they believe they are. So maybe we're expecting too much for them to keep their traps shut? Just playing devil's advocate.

Oh-and Bobbie wants a kitten. She can't take care of herself but she thinks she can care for a cat. She can't have it here-I don't want any more pets. She thinks she's going to live somewhere else I guess. I'm biting my tongue on this one. I think. I hope. I'm gonna try.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Oh-and Bobbie wants a kitten. She can't take care of herself but she thinks she can care for a cat. She can't have it here-I don't want any more pets. She thinks she's going to live somewhere else I guess. I'm biting my tongue on this one. I think. I hope. I'm gonna try.
    Nope. I failed. I couldn't resist sending her a message that said,

you better make sure wherever you're going to live allows pets. Most places don't, and a few that do charge extra for you to have them.
    *sigh* I'm gonna be that mom.

See, Chrissy, for big stuff I get it. And for your own children, I get it, especially while still supporting them.
    But imagine you are going into your grown childs home where they live with their husband/wife/partner and their children. I think it would be different.
    I sure hope I don't get that way as old lady. Although, I don't see how I would unless I suffered trauma to the head or something. lol

See, Chrissy, for big stuff I get it. And for your own children, I get it, especially while still supporting them.
    But imagine you are going into your grown childs home where they live with their husband/wife/partner and their children. I think it would be different.
    I sure hope I don't get that way as old lady. Although, I don't see how I would unless I suffered trauma to the head or something. lol
    I would hope it would be different and I wouldn't be like that...but grown or not, they're still your child, kwim? Little things...no, there's no way I'd say anything because I don't now. And a lot of what was posted about here I would consider 'little things' But still...I worry that maybe future dil/sil will think I'm being too intrusive when I scream at them for driving without their child buckled in the car. Or whatever 'horrible' thing they might do that would warrant (imo) a scream.

eta: I take that back. I wouldn't care what they thought if they were doing something that drastic. But I'm sure there are going to be things that maybe I think are serious and they don't. ? Maybe?

I did the couch to 5k plan last year and actually did sign up for a complete a 5k Kate, so if my big butt can do it, I know you can!! Good luck! I decided to really focus on my health this year (as I type this though I am eating a Hershey's bar LOL).

I signed up for an app on my android tablet that I usually use just as an MP3 player. The app is called "Lose It" and it tells you how many calories you can eat and how far away you are from your goal and such. I thought about doing Weight Watchers but I have never been into doing that sort of program and I really don't want to pay for something that I can do myself. The app was free and it is great and I actually did lose 2lbs last week, which is my goal to lose 2lbs per week for the next couple months.

And if you want something that you can use to do the C25K, you can get a Gym Boss. They are an interval timer and are great for the program. I used DH's last year, he did and still sometimes does HIIT boxing training and he also jogs/walks with the Gym Boss. It is pretty cheap, only around $20 and you can get an armband for running. I just got a pink one so I can make sure mine is distinguished from DH's who doesn't like it when we have electronic items that look the same.

I will also be starting up C25K again within the next month and I think I will sign up for another 5K. I also don't particularly enjoy running that much, but once I got done I would always feel good the rest of the day. Plus it is easy to do and is free, no need for a gym. So in another month, I will join you ladies on the program if you decide to do it. I want to lose about 10 lbs first before I do it, as I think I am too heavy to run right now since I gained about 20lbs a few months ago and never lost it. I am really trying to take my time with the weightloss this time as I have been reading about Basal Metabolic Rates, basically how much your body burns in calories if you were to just lay around and sleep all day, it details the amount of calories your body needs to survive on. I usually will drop calories when losing weight along with exercising like crazy. I exercised about 2-3 hours per day when I was a SAHM and I lost 65lbs in 3 months. I read that dropping below your BMR and dropping weight really quickly will make your body extra hungry and that is the reason why so many people gain the weight back, their body continually believes they are in a sort of starvation mode, even when calories are increased. There was an article I read that said that it is better to lose really slowly, which will give a body time to adjust and it doesn't increase "grelin" (sp?) the hunger hormone the way that it is increased when weight is loss quickly. I realized I was always extremely hungry when I lost that weight and even afterwards, like hungry all the freaking time, so I am only focusing on eating my BMR calories right now and doing some light cardio like walking and even walking up 20 flights of stairs in my office tower on my breaks.

I am looking forward to doing the running though. I actually like exercising, it is a big stress reliever for me and I really just enjoy it. I like to sweat and feel my body, like feel my muscles being fatigued. I am weird like that. Plus I was diagnosed with a binge eating disorder years ago and sometimes I feel out of control with food. This disorder does still pop up on me when I am not thinking consciously about it, like when I'm ill or just am contemplating a situation or some project at work, and if I let it get out of control, I can easily gain 20lbs in less than a month, which is what happened when I got sick a few months ago. Exercise is something that I can control so I have always enjoyed it, it is just so difficult now as I am strapped for time, in finding a moment to get in the workout that I want to do. I hate getting up early and I don't have time to exercise in the evening until 8pm and I will have trouble sleeping if I exercise at 8pm so I am trying to plan out a time to get it in. I am thinking I may have to just go ahead and be tired a few mornings a week to get it in.

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 04-14-2012 at 09:03 PM.

My mother was constantly asking if I'm going to all the doctors I should be, which I understand, because they put so much work into making me as healthy as possible, she wants to make sure I'm upkeeping that as an adult. I took her words to heart finally and went to a doctor who all but laughed at me for going in for a follow up on my shunt when I haven't have any issues in over 15 years.

She comes to visit and doesn't say a word while she's here but then over the phone at a later date she'll be like, shouldn't you move the cat box? or "I don't really like the setup you have in your kitchen, shouldn't you do xyz instead?" Drives me crazy.

Chrissy-I have never tried to run outside. I mentioned before I'm terribly self-concious. Plus I feel like, what if I'm 1, 2 miles from home and I get a cramp or get demotivated, I have to go all the way back. This way I can stop whenever I want, which I guess can also be a bad thing. But I just prefer it that way.

Chrissy--at least she doesn't want a puppy. Cats are very low maintenance in comparison. But yes it's really hard to find an apartment that will allow pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I am looking forward to doing the running though. I actually like exercising, it is a big stress reliever for me and I really just enjoy it. I like to sweat and feel my body, like feel my muscles being fatigued. I am weird like that. Plus I was diagnosed with a binge eating disorder years ago and sometimes I feel out of control with food. This disorder does still pop up on me when I am not thinking consciously about it, like when I'm ill or just am contemplating a situation or some project at work, and if I let it get out of control, I can easily gain 20lbs in less than a month, which is what happened when I got sick a few months ago. Exercise is something that I can control so I have always enjoyed it, it is just so difficult now as I am strapped for time, in finding a moment to get in the workout that I want to do. I hate getting up early and I don't have time to exercise in the evening until 8pm and I will have trouble sleeping if I exercise at 8pm so I am trying to plan out a time to get it in. I am thinking I may have to just go ahead and be tired a few mornings a week to get it in.

Erin
    I didn't know that about you Erin.

I kwym about feeling your body and exercise being a stress relief. I feel the same way.

Chrissy-I have never tried to run outside. I mentioned before I'm terribly self-concious. Plus I feel like, what if I'm 1, 2 miles from home and I get a cramp or get demotivated, I have to go all the way back. This way I can stop whenever I want, which I guess can also be a bad thing. But I just prefer it that way.
    Don't worry about what anyone else thinks I bet most people would be jealous they didn't have the ambition anyway. And if you got a cramp, you'd walk it off. That's all. Nothing is going to happen where you can't get back home.

I think I would expect a mom to say something in certain situations. My mom certainly said things to dbf sometimes. But every.little.thing.

Guess what?? Kai gained 4 lbs. Tonight I weighed him because I picked up some night time pull ups for boys weighing 35-65 lbs. Lately he's been upset about the fact that the pull ups we have for him have Elmo, Toy Story...stuff like that. He questions me on this because I am always reassuring him that it's ok he still pees at night and lots of boys his age do, older even. So my little detective wants to know WHY would there be baby stuff on all pull ups if they're meant for big kids too? Point well taken and tonight when I went to buy some they had these that were plain white. Perfect. Brought them home and he wanted to know what they said exactly so I was reading him the package and he said, "I thought I only weighed 30?"
    So...he insisted on stepping on the scale to be sure these pull ups were appropriate for him! 34 lbs folks. Close enough to 35 for the pull ups to be acceptable.

I am so stoked my boy is growing and I'm feeling pretty sure it's the gluten free diet.

You're right, every.little.thing is ridiculous and I don't think any of us are going to end up that way. I don't know why I worry about that because like I said, I don't do it now so what makes me think I'm gonna when they're officially out of the house?

And that's really awesome about Kai!!! I'm impressed that he instantly recognized that he was only 30 and that was less than 35. I think if Conner thought about it, he'd know but it wouldn't be something he'd think of if I was reading a label to him. What a smart little boy!!

Yay Kai!
    Yeah...I think I will continue using the treadmill. At least until I can jog that 5K. The website claims to get you there in two months, if you follow that chart.

That is so great Bridget!!! I am excited for both of you!

And I hope your visit with your MIL will go really well. My MIL is similar to yours, very perfectionist, but I honestly don't give a crap anymore about pleasing her. I won't even clean up really well for her since she will always make comments about how I didn't clean something well as she cleans/wipes it up for me. Now I just let her clean. I figure I get a free maid for a week a couple times a year when she comes LOL.

Lately though she has been more critical of DH not helping with chores. She knows now that I work way more than he does both inside and outside the house. She also knows via our conversations that I have stepped back a lot on my chores because I just don't feel that they are a priority. As long as we don't have bugs and the house doesn't stink then I am fine. She now mostly harasses DH about helping without prompts and she apologizes to me about his behavior because she "didn't raise him like that," which is what she tells him as she cuts him a mean look. I think she is now embarrassed by his lack of assistance in our house.

Erin

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I called my MIL the other day and she said something about how my DH never calls her and he gets it naturally, I guess meaning that her DH never was thoughtful about things like that. In general she's pretty sweet, though, and she means well. She never tries to tell me how to manage the children or anything other than how wonderful they are and how it's obviously because I'm a good mother. We don't spend a great deal of time with her, though, and that probably helps.

My dad is here visiting this weekend. DH and I are exchanging moments of frustration--when one of us is shaking with annoyance, the other one is a calming influence. Like, we had a set plan to meet everyone in the family at a park an hour away for an event at noon. My dad shows up at 9:30 and starts asking about going to a parade in the complete opposite direction at 11:30. The kids jumped up and down and got all excited about a parade, and I gritted my teeth and suggested that he may not want to bring up any other plans unless he knows for certain we can do it (this was the third alternate he'd proposed, even after he said he for sure wanted to do the park event). I had to call everyone and ask if they wanted to reschedule everything for 90 minutes later, and couldn't get ahold of everyone, so we kept to the original plan. That annoyed me. My DH got upset when my dad was sitting at the dining room table with all three of the kids and within 5 minutes DS took all the caps off 25 pens and spit them point-first onto the floor and baby S. mouthed 3 of the capless pens and turned his entire face and tongue bluish-purple. This is not something DS would have done if left alone by himself. He is perfectly responsible with the pens by himself. DH thinks my dad encouraged him. At the very least, he sat there and watched him and didn't say anything, as one pen after another hit the floor. And I took the baby over to the sink and tried to scrub him and his mouth and the water turned blue as it ran down the drain and I asked my dad, who was sitting less than a foot away from him if he noticed him doing that, and he just said, "No, I didn't." DH gave the kids a little lecture at dinner about how they know the rules and just because a grown-up was there and not stopping them doesn't mean it was okay to break the rules. He said something about how Grandpa doesn't know the rules so they need to help him follow the rules too.

I was saying it was fine, nobody was hurt, it was easy to clean up, the pens were non-toxic, etc. and I was cooking dinner not too far away. DH thinks the children will be safer alone than with Grandpa, because they look to him for feedback and because he kind of eggs them on and encourages them to do more risky things, and that my dad doesn't have much common sense. It's not just the pens, for example, but we let him go off alone with DD in the park today for quite a while, trusting that she at least would be responsible. And she is, but DH argued that by herself she would be more inclined to be responsible and trust her judgment, but with him she would trust his judgment more and he would be not as safe about some things.

On the bright side, my dad did call me at one point and ask me what to do because she got in a long line for ice cream and she seemed determined to wait in it until she got to the front. I told him she didn't have any money, he was the grown-up, and he could tell her that she could not have any ice cream.

Okay, I have been very wordy and looking back on it, my problems seem very petty. I'm sick and cranky and S. cried all night last night and we have 3 days in a row where he is not getting a nap, so this kind of sucks. He did not go to bed gently tonight, either, despite no nap, but he gave me a bunch of sloppy kisses and said, "Love you Mommy! Love you!"

Chrissy, I can see why you would be surprised about me admitting to feeling demoralized about getting older and feeling physically worse, because I really try hard to keep a positive attitude about my body. I grew up without a very destructive self-image. I was shy, and I was self-conscious, but I didn't focus on my physical flaws. When I did focus on anything, it was usually internal, and as I got older I tried to counter any negativity with a positive change. Thus my quests to travel and learn new skills and ride a motorcycle and snowboard and scubadive, etc. The past year has been really tough on me. I've been feeling a lot worse, physically and emotionally, and it really sucks to just not feel desirable any more, along with getting older and saggier. I would be so happy to be ogled right now. By anyone.

Bridget, I am sooo happy for Kai! I didn't know they made plain white pull-ups. We get GoodNites Underwear Pajama Protection with Cool New Graphics, which are blue/white camoflage and monster trucks. They are for 38 pounds and up, but DS has been wearing them and he is only 34 pounds also. I think they're a little more comfy than the regular pull-ups, and they seem to hold just as much, if not more.

All this talk about exercise is making me feel slightly uncomfortable, but not uncomfortable enough to actually do any. Everyone at work is doing all these walks and marathons, and what's more, they're doing them for benefits. I'm giving them money. But they keep trying to have me actually do them also. I tell them I can barely take time to shower, and they're lucky I manage to do that, but they're pressing me. Agh.

Oh, Chrissy, CONGRATS on the size 4. That is awesome. I am 5'7" and I know I could never wedge myself into a size 4, no way, no how. That is amazing.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 04-14-2012 at 10:14 PM.