Page 1028 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 28528928978101810261027102810291030103810781128 ... LastLast
Results 30,811 to 30,840 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Thanks ladies. She's not always so photogenic, sometimes she's a real grump. But she was in the zone for those pictures! <3

Anywho, it's wine o'clock here (****it Bridget, gotta drink it til it's gone!) Anyone else enjoying some tasty beverage?

**Lizzo**

No alcohol for me tonight. The antibiotics I'm on make me sick if I just have 1 glass.

Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    Scared last night - went in to put some laundry away after J went to sleep. She was lying flat on her back with something in her mouth. Grabbed at it and it was a little key, like a lock key!?!?! I don't know where she got it or why she had it in her mouth, but I had terrible visions of it all night slipping down into her throat and her choking to death while we were in the next room. I hate it when it comes close enough to imagine.
    Oh gosh Katy, that would scare the crap out of me too. I'm glad you saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inca View Post
    Does that mean yes? LOL

What a cutie!!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

She is adorable. And I am busting my arse (as you can tell because I am on here) to get my house clean before my mil arrives. And then yes, when she arrives I shall be sitting on the couch with freshly bathed children, a spotless house, a glass of wine (possibly not my first) and look on face that says my house and children look like this all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    She is adorable. And I am busting my arse (as you can tell because I am on here) to get my house clean before my mil arrives. And then yes, when she arrives I shall be sitting on the couch with freshly bathed children, a spotless house, a glass of wine (possibly not my first) and look on face that says my house and children look like this all the time.

Oh, Seren! Come to Auntie Myles and let me cuddle you. I love her Baby Legs.

Scared last night - went in to put some laundry away after J went to sleep. She was lying flat on her back with something in her mouth. Grabbed at it and it was a little key, like a lock key!?!?! I don't know where she got it or why she had it in her mouth, but I had terrible visions of it all night slipping down into her throat and her choking to death while we were in the next room. I hate it when it comes close enough to imagine.
    Yipes, mama! I'm so sorry you had that scare. Just goes to show you can't be too paranoid, no matter how many times people may tell us moms to "lighten up" and such.

Bridge... LOL! And when your MIL walks into your spotless home, you should say "Sorry for the mess, darling. I don't know WHAT this must look like!" And I'm still trying to decide if you should offer her a sherry at that point.

Seren is adorable! I'm dying from the cuteness.

Bridget, I can just picture you all. On a white-upholstered couch, possibly with classical music playing in the background.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Seren is adorable!

I tried to make some peach sangria a few days ago, but it didn't come out good, and I still have almost a full pitcher left. I can't bring myself to throw it away yet. I haven't felt well enough in almost 3 weeks to drink anyway, although I tried to have some hard cider a couple nights ago and it promptly came out the other end. IDK if it had to do with being ill or the meds I was taking or what. Tonight I will attempt a diet Jack and Coke or three...LOL

Next week is school vacation not only for Josh but for the kids I work with and therefore for me too

LOL Bridget going to be picturing that!

I'm lucky, DH cleaned the house mostly when his mom came last week. Except normally our place is pretty clean....should be with just two adults and the dogs and their toys pick up easily. My MIL arrives and the house turns into a pit. She always brings a ton of stuff with her and likes to set up camp at the kitchen counter with her laptop and purse and pills. And that is MY spot.
    And than there is her dog....I just don't like him much. He's such a slob when he drinks and my floor always had puddles and wet spots from his sloppy dripping. Six days ago I slipped on his puddle on the kitchen floor and my foot still hurts.

I will probably be having some drinks tonight. Not sure if it's brandy or vodka. I have some rhubarb wine in the frig from my friends but I don't like it. I think it's one of the few wines I have met that I will not drink. Dh likes it though.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I don't like sloppy dogs-it's the one reason I thought I didn't like them. I thought they all smelled funny and drooled I guess I just know a lot of sloppy dogs. Yuck!

I don't like drool or slop either. it seems to be a lot of how the mouth is formed and if there is a lot of skin there. MIL's is a springer spaniel and has loose jowls. My girls don't. cosmo is very much like a poodle in her face and Poogie is a cross with the beagle poodle. She's a bit messier with the water but that is the beard and it's just smaller drips. I put a mat under their dishes and that mostly solved that. Cosmo has always been pretty dainty with eating and drinking....one reason she's called the Princess. LOL

If my girls smell, they need a bath. Or once in a while with cosmo at least it's an anal gland issue. But really even that outdoor smell usually dissipates pretty quickly inside.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Ack! Seren is so adorable!

And Katy, you're 40?! You do *not* look 40 to me, at all (I'm thinking of the video you posted awhile back of your interview about your artwork). I figured you were my age or younger (33).

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Aw shucks, Molly. I am actually two months away from turning 43. The thought makes me shudder. I am not liking getting old. The inner knowledge is great, but the exterior stuff is hard to take. Also am having a hard time with being treated as an older person - I can't explain it but it is a tangible feeling of being passed over and ignored. Do not like.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Aw shucks, Molly. I am actually two months away from turning 43. The thought makes me shudder. I am not liking getting old. The inner knowledge is great, but the exterior stuff is hard to take. Also am having a hard time with being treated as an older person - I can't explain it but it is a tangible feeling of being passed over and ignored. Do not like.
    Honestly I think that might come from living in a town populated by hipsters or college students. I was always aware that the median age in Boulder was 7 years younger than the rest of the country, and while it didn't make me feel old, it made me feel annoyed with the general populace.

As far as getting older, I'm loving it. I've always said I will love being 60. I'm so much happier now than in my 20s, so that helps.

We may be going to the Renaissance Fair (Faire?) in Waxahachie this weekend. Have you ever been there?

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I know exactly what you're talking about. As well as the physical changes and the deterioration you mentioned. Do not want to scare all of you young whippersnappers, but it is very demoralizing.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I know exactly what you're talking about. As well as the physical changes and the deterioration you mentioned. Do not want to scare all of you young whippersnappers, but it is very demoralizing.
    I'm just around the corner, myself. I can see it beginning and I'm not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    Honestly I think that might come from living in a town populated by hipsters or college students. I was always aware that the median age in Boulder was 7 years younger than the rest of the country, and while it didn't make me feel old, it made me feel annoyed with the general populace.

As far as getting older, I'm loving it. I've always said I will love being 60. I'm so much happier now than in my 20s, so that helps.

We may be going to the Renaissance Fair (Faire?) in Waxahachie this weekend. Have you ever been there?

I haven't ever been to a Ren fair- maybe next spring we will try it. And have driven through Waxahachie many times but never have stopped. Have fun!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Today is our New Year. I have friends coming over for lunch, and am finally done with the bulk of the cooking and prep work. I just have a couple of things to finish up, vacuum, and then act like Bridget Exhausted, though. I was thinking about scrubbing the floors, but cooking for something like 4 hours, plus working out, plus laundry = Friday turned into Saturday, and I'm out of time and energy.

Thanks everyone

Anyone going to be in the middle of the tornadoes?? We are going to be on the very edge of them tonight, I'm thinking we might sleep in the livingroom in case we need to get to the basement quickly. I hate storms while I'm sleeping.

**Lizzo**

Oh great, and tomorrow too. I hate weather.

**Lizzo**

Day one of mil. Deep breaths. Lots of them. Sawyer walked into the kitchen saying "mamamamama" with his hands out to me so I picked him up. She told me to put him down. Like, sharply. Um wha? "He's too heavy." I told her I am a strong woman and I can carry my children".
    I just don't understand the need to tell other people what to do! I would NEVER.

Suja, good luck today.
    Liz, stay safe. You are close to me right? Kind of. I should check the weather.

OH, and I am plugging my ears and saying LALALALALALALA about all the trash talk regarding your 40's.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    And Katy, you're 40?! You do *not* look 40 to me, at all (I'm thinking of the video you posted awhile back of your interview about your artwork). I figured you were my age or younger (33).
    Agreed. I thought (hoped) that possibly you were my age Katy. 36. You really look great and age is just a number (I know I know! at me)

I know the feeling you're talking about too. I've only felt it a little, but inside I know it's the beginning and it'll happen more and more. It's not pleasant. Maybe that's why I don't get offended when one of the girls' male friends calls me a milf (behind my back-it's never happened to my face). It's a little bit of validation...as bad as that sounds. I'm sure none of Conner's friends will be saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I'm a little surprised you have felt that way L. It actually makes me feel better because sometimes I wonder to myself if I'm too vain because I do think about those things. You always seem so self confident and 'one' with yourself-flaws and all. Until Adobe figures out how to airbrush living, breathing people, I think we all could learn to accept ourselves as we are. (message to myself )

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Today is our New Year. I have friends coming over for lunch, and am finally done with the bulk of the cooking and prep work. I just have a couple of things to finish up, vacuum, and then act like Bridget Exhausted, though. I was thinking about scrubbing the floors, but cooking for something like 4 hours, plus working out, plus laundry = Friday turned into Saturday, and I'm out of time and energy.
    Have a nice time!

Day one of mil. Deep breaths. Lots of them. Sawyer walked into the kitchen saying "mamamamama" with his hands out to me so I picked him up. She told me to put him down. Like, sharply. Um wha? "He's too heavy." I told her I am a strong woman and I can carry my children".
    I just don't understand the need to tell other people what to do! I would NEVER.
    Oh goodness Bridget. Don't bite your tongue too hard, you'll hurt yourself!

Liz-stay in touch. If you lose power, let us know asap that you're ok. Well, contact your family first if you must. I'll be thinking of you.

It's kinda a big weekend for us. My brother brought a girl around. He's 34 and this is the 1st one he's liked that much. He's even 'in a relationship' on Facebook. Her name is Summer and she has two kids. A 7 year old and a 5 month old. I don't know what happened with their dad, but she seems very sweet.

I'm sure I'll lose internet. Our service sucks here.

**Lizzo**

OH, and I am plugging my ears and saying LALALALALALALA about all the trash talk regarding your 40's.
    We have nothing to worry about...secular mamas are hot in their 40's. Look at those already there

Quote Originally Posted by Inca View Post
    I'm sure I'll lose internet. Our service sucks here.
    That's what I was worried about...If we don't hear from you in a while, we're going to get anxious.

Oh dear Bridget!

Liz, hopefully the storms stay south of you. Not sure exactly where you are but have a bit of a general idea.

Happy New Year Suja!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I have nightmares about tornadoes a lot. I guess it stems from growing up in Arkansas. Stay safe, Liz. The only scary weather we get here is the gale force winds that knock over big trucks on the freeway and blow people's roofs off and stuff like that.

We're going through a spell of cold grey weather. I can't wait to go on our cruise to get some sunshine and warmth.

Bridget, stay strong-your mil will be on her way home before you know it.

We had drinks at our friends' house last night. The drink of choice was pina coladas. :-)

Yuck, Bridget. That's a crazy thing for MIL to say.

Liz, good luck with the storms. Keep in touch if you can.

Suja, have fun with the party.

It's raining here today. It's gone from 90's early this week to a projected high in the 50's today. It keeps going back and forth. I can't handle these huge temp swings. My coworker did point out that it's better than 90's from here until summer when we get 110's. Point taken.

Our news isn't reporting on it much, so I'm thinking it won't be so bad here.

My big fear is house fires.

**Lizzo**

We went from 80 to 20's the following week. I cried. I hate the cold.

I think everyone is afraid of a house fire. My mil had one years ago (Bobbie was a baby). Their home was almost completely destroyed except the living room where there was extensive water/smoke damage. The marshal wouldn't let them in that night, but the next day they were given the go-ahead to look and see if anything was salvageable. Someone had stolen everything that might have been worth anything. The tv and a very expensive stereo as well as some Christmas decorations that Marilyn had had since her children were really small. It was awful.