Page 1016 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 16516916966100610141015101610171018102610661116 ... LastLast
Results 30,451 to 30,480 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post

Now that I think about it though, I had some good homemade wine when I was a kid. My great grandfather made wine in the basement and I snuck down there one day and drank some, thinking it was Welch's grape juice. He put it in a Welch's bottle and I drank some out of the bottle and told my grandma how good the grape juice was in the basement. She really chewed out my grandpa for that and after that he put his wine in mason jars LOL. He was so country and funny.
    That's such a funny story. I did something similar at age 7. My dad's friends were over playing bridge & my mom whipped up a pitcher of frozen margaritas. Well, I thought it was a Slurpee, so I drank the WHOLE pitcher. My mom went away and my dad's friends kept playing bridge. When she got back I was complaining to my dad that I had a fever and felt really weird. My mom was super worried because I had a temp of 104. Then she saw the empty margarita pitcher and screamed - like B-movie scream. The rest of the night my dad and his buddies had to keep an eye on me while I drank water and sobered up on the couch. I'm pretty sure they thought it was hilarious.

Mandy, my fingers and toes are totally crossed for you over here.

Oh my goodness Myles! A whole pitcher! That is pretty funny, now, although I don't think I would think so at the time!

Mandy, still rooting for you here! We went to the park and I jumped on the minute we got home to see your update.

Myles I can't believe you drank the whole pitcher! Did you puke?

That is hilarious, Myles.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Mules that's hysterical!

Dammit! My kindle renamed you again. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Dammit! My kindle renamed you again. Sorry.

**Lizzo**

Poor Mules. I mean Myles.

I didn't really start drinking until my later 20's.

And Myles (though Chrissy's autocorrect was funny!)....wow a whole pitcher? OMG your poor mom, I would have freaked too!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Myles that is hilarious!!! That margarita must have been super tasty!

Grandma probably would have beat grandpa all upside the head if I drank that much "grape juice." Luckily he had already drank most of it so I just drank what was left, probably just a cup or so.

Erin

Mules, you little lush!

My brother used to sneak dad's scotch when he was little. Like if dad left it on the table and stepped away, he'd go in and take a sip.

I didn't drink till I was 32 or 33. I mean I did a very, very little bit (once or twice a year) in my 20's.

Mules, I'd come up with something better as a nickname if it were up to me. I've decided my Kindle is just evil. What an ugly name for a gorgeous mama!

Titanic 3D was awesome. Way better than I anticipated. I don't know if I forgot how much detail you can see in the theater, or if the 3D really makes that much of a difference...but wow. That's all I can say.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Oh dear. Looks like Mules has made an "ass" of herself again. Why'm I not surprised?

I should probably clarify that it was a blender pitcher, with a little poured off the top. So all told, I'm guessing I had the equivalent of 3 servings of alcohol. Still a lot, but probably not anywhere close to alcohol poisoning...at least that's what I say when I start to wonder if my dad should have dropped his bridge game and taken me to hospital.
    Last edited by demigraf; 04-07-2012 at 01:07 AM.

I remember when I was pretty young (maybe 7 or so) I was at my grandmother's house and she had a glass of something that looked like ginger ale (gin or something? not sure) and I took a sip of it thinking it was mine. Gag!

The Travis quote of the day: He had been in the bathroom for about 10 minutes, so I knocked on the door to ask if he was OK. He muttered that he was just getting himself sorted, so I opened the door and there he was sitting there naked on the floor trying to put his t-shirt back on. I went in to help and asked him why he stripped off and he said, "I was just checking myself out in the mirror.....just looking to see how handsome I was." LOL. (Maybe I tell him he's handsome a little too much?!)

We took him to soccer practice today and he did a million times better than he did last week. I think he might actually get the hang of it soon. It makes me so proud to see him joining in in a group activity since it's not his nature to be a team player.

Aww Travis that is so cute!

speaking of drinking, I only had two mixed drinks last night. Must have been strong....DH said I was pretty drunk and I woke up with my second smallest toe purple and swollen and hurting. thinking I must have knocked it into something????? Weird because I usually don't get that way until 3 or even 4 drinks. And I'm not even hung over at all this morning.

Mandy....thinking about you this morning!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Oh dear. Looks like Mules has made an "ass" of herself again. Why'm I not surprised?
    You nut! I really hate that my Kindle does that. I should have remembered from the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    I should probably clarify that it was a blender pitcher, with a little poured off the top. So all told, I'm guessing I had the equivalent of 3 servings of alcohol. Still a lot, but probably not anywhere close to alcohol poisoning...at least that's what I say when I start to wonder if my dad should have dropped his bridge game and taken me to hospital.
    I did wonder how you didn't get violently ill! Still, it's a funny story. I could so see something like that happening in our house.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    The Travis quote of the day: He had been in the bathroom for about 10 minutes, so I knocked on the door to ask if he was OK. He muttered that he was just getting himself sorted, so I opened the door and there he was sitting there naked on the floor trying to put his t-shirt back on. I went in to help and asked him why he stripped off and he said, "I was just checking myself out in the mirror.....just looking to see how handsome I was." LOL. (Maybe I tell him he's handsome a little too much?!)

We took him to soccer practice today and he did a million times better than he did last week. I think he might actually get the hang of it soon. It makes me so proud to see him joining in in a group activity since it's not his nature to be a team player.
    What a stinker! That's too funny! I'm glad he's doing better at soccer. It's probably something he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Aww Travis that is so cute!

speaking of drinking, I only had two mixed drinks last night. Must have been strong....DH said I was pretty drunk and I woke up with my second smallest toe purple and swollen and hurting. thinking I must have knocked it into something????? Weird because I usually don't get that way until 3 or even 4 drinks. And I'm not even hung over at all this morning.

Mandy....thinking about you this morning!
    Oh Jennifer! They must have been strong!

How are you doing Mandy?

I have my little convertible for sale. It makes me sad, but we have 4 cars and with Jesi skipping school, she's not going to be getting her permit or license soon, so there's really no reason for me to have 4 cars on the road. I never drive it and it's just sitting there starting to fall apart. Cars are made to be driven!

Still no AF. My test this morning looked negative to me, though.

Hugs Mandy! Don't lose hope!

DH and I are ridiculously sick...MIL called earlier this morning and asked if she could take Josh for a while, of course we were like sure! We can't take advantage of it like we should because we're so blah, but we watched a bad movie, and I had some hot and sour soup for lunch which helped my coughs be a little more productive. MIL called and she's picking out a suit for Josh for my cousin's wedding--kind of weird, but I'm confident she'll pick something cute and hey, if she doesn't we'll just buy him something else! I don't think the inlaws will be invited to the wedding.

Mandy.

Feel better Kate.

The Easter Bunny primarily brought chocolate to our house. I can't wait for tomorrow when the kids find their baskets and share.

Mandy, still no AF and that's what we should focus on!

Mandy still keeping my fingers crossed that it's just a late implantation and very very early!

My toe is killing me...second one from the baby one. It's swollen and now purple. I had to have my MIL drive us to kohls and to pick up dinner because it's my right foot. Looking at the vodka....must have had 3 instead of 2 like I thought. But seriously you would think I remember stubbing my toe this bad. Or if I was that drunk that I would at least be hung over today. I am also known to walk in my sleep so possible I did it sleeping. Last year I took a partial shower sleeping (no soap I don't think....woke up in bed wet and with a towel on instead of my sleeping clothes).
    If it's still really bad Monday I will break out going to the doctor....trying to save up money in the HSA so hopefully won't have to do that.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

If there is anyone in here not following my STC thread, I'm spotting. I blame the doctor.

Did he do an internal check?

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Nope. He says he thinks it's just a "regular" chemical. I've worried for a long time that my problem was not getting pregnant, but staying pregnant, and I asked him specifically about my lining, etc and he said he really did not see a need for me to be worried about it. Now I'm concerned that maybe we have a genetic issue.

Oh Mandy I'm sorry.

Try to remember your dr was hopeful that it at least indicated you could get pregnant. Small consolation, I know.

----

I don't remember if I mentioned it here or not, but Syd has had issues with having anxiety about staying overnight at anyone's house. She can travel with us and be fine (although she made herself throw up on the airplane because she got so anxious at take-off) and sleep in the camper or hotel room without problems, she hasn't been able to stay over at a friend's house in over 3 years. Tonight she's trying it for the first time. I'm staying up till at least 2 I think to see if she makes it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her. If she can't do it, I really don't know what we're going to do. I didn't want to have her take anti-anxiety medication. I still don't want her to, but that seems to be the knee-jerk reaction from any provider I've talked to about it.

Poor Syd. Good luck. That does seem like an extremely specific reason to take anxiety meds if that's the only thing she worries about. Does she get anxious about other things?

Are you thinking about doing genetic testing on you and your DH? I can't remember, were you ever tester for MTHFR? Or maybe it is the lining... I don't really understand why that's not a concern since that could definitely be a reason for early loss, but IDK. I hate that he was right so I might just be mad at your doctor our of misplaced anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Poor Syd. Good luck. That does seem like an extremely specific reason to take anxiety meds if that's the only thing she worries about. Does she get anxious about other things?
    I agree, meds are usually used to treat generalized anxiety disorder, not specific phobias. But if it's your PCP that said that, I'm not surprised, since all they can offer is is meds, unlike a psychiatrist.

Really hoping she makes it through he night and its a breakthrough!