Page 1013 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 13513913963100310111012101310141015102310631113 ... LastLast
Results 30,361 to 30,390 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I drink this.
    I've been sticking with it because it does not give me a headache the next morning like some wine does. Although one night long before I was pregnant with Sawyer my best girlfriend came over and we sat on my deck drinking wine until after 2am. The next morning she was like, "I thought you said this wine doesn't give you a headache?" I told her that I don't ususally drink 6 glasses!

I didn't even know I was getting done early today. It's kind of a nice surprise but also a little annoying because I would have made plans to take my kids out somewhere if I'd known. As it was I finally texted the mom of the kids that are supposed to arrive at 7am around noon because my other kids were going home at 1 and she said they weren't coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Yes, L, I called the RE's office and told them DH and I couldn't agree. The office manager ordered my bloodwork for this afternoon, with results tomorrow AM. Too late in the day for same-day results. So one way or another we'll know tomorrow. If I sleep in, they'll probably call with results before I have to worry about POAS.
    !!!!!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Mandy - I'm adding to the chorus here. I definitely see a line. I hope the RE's office wakes you up bright and early tomorrow morning with good news.

Man, that dinner sounds heavenly. Sans the Brussel Sprouts. I am not a wine drinker, unless you count Manischewitz. I can't tolerate tartness at all, so even most dessert wines are too tart for me. DH loves good wine. He says the best wines he had were when he was in Toulouse. He said that just about any wine he had anywhere (and they drink wine instead of water) was better than most wines he could get here, including the spendy ones. I'm going to write down the name of that wine that was recommended. Maybe give it to DH for his birthday, assuming I can find it.

I'm putting a link to this so I can find it later, in case I forget: http://www.cantinasoaveusa.com/re-midas-corvina.php
    Last edited by Suja; 04-05-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Really I think that we all agree that there is a line there! Seriously most of the time I see them and think that the girl is crazy as I cannot see any line whatsoever. This one I looked and was like yup I actually see it! Men I don't think see color as well or something.
    So this will be a December baby?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Isn't it funny how 2am seems so late when you're a mom, but I remember before having kids 2am was a regular, if not an early, night.

I'm looking right now to see if they sell that wine in our area. Annnnnnnd, apparently they do! At the grocery store I even go to every week! Soooo maybe I'll have to try it.

**Lizzo**

Oh man, I missed the alcohol discussion?

I got suckered into trying a sample of sparkling white wine last time I went to the liquor store. I ended up getting a bottle. I've been sick for a week and a half, so I have been nursing it instead of drinking it in one night (hey, it's a small bottle, okay?)

Mandy! I so hope you get the news you've been waiting for!

Glad to know I'm not the only one who can polish off a bottle alone or most of it with just a bit of help!

But I don't like sparking wines at all. Funny as I drink pop but prefer my pop less bubbly like diet mt dew. Bubbles in my drinks bother me.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I like champagne, too, but lighter champagnes.

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!! Aside from Mandy's pregnancy, of course. I just got an email from our Easter chef who relayed some disappointing news (to him) that his butcher was not able to secure the bunny in time for brunch on Sunday, so there will be no hasenpfeffer, which I guess is a German rabbit stew. He keeps calling it a bunny, too. I expressed my condolences and asked what the alternative main dish would be--goslings, chicks, lambs, soft downy ducklings, or what. I hope he knows I'm kidding and doesn't start scouring the butcher shops for fluffy baby animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Men I don't think see color as well or something.
    True. Back in college chemistry, for titration experiments, our instructor ended up doing boy-girl pairs. The guys (for the most part) would be swirling their very pink flasks, going 'Is this pink yet?'.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    I forgot to tell y'all earlier about DH's car accident. He was in a fender bender yesterday (his fault as well).

Today, he came home with bad news; the small car accident has totalled his car basically. His car is 13 years old, but it's the only car he's ever had and I think emotionally, he is extremely upset about it as the car was his first love. The garage told him it would be about 2000 to fix the body work (it got all knocked out of line from the bump) and his car probably isn't worth more than 2500 if that. I've always wanted him to get rid of the car as it is not a comfortable drive (especially with the four of us now) but I didn't think we'd get rid of it by totalling it!
    Oh no Ash That's too bad about his first baby. I cried when I had to take mine to the junk yard.

Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    Oh, and sometimes there is an emergency and you have to get a bottle cold real quick!!!! The best way is to put it in an ice bath - ice cubes in you sink with water - put the bottle in and spin it around every once in a while. Should take about 15 minutes to get ice cold.

Liz - some people have an allergic reaction to red wines - this is usually a stuffy nose and congested feeling and possible headache. Some people just don't like how the tannins make their mouth and throat feel. Does it feel like all moisture is being sucked away from his mouth? That's probably tannins and he should drink a more mature wine or a pinot noir or merlot that is a little softer and not so stout.

Okay, here's another one: if you ever come across a bottle called Re Midas Corvino with a dotted crown on a white label with small accents of purple and gold, GET IT!!! A soft red that chills beautifully, so you drink it as cold as you would a white wine. Just lovely - we had some last week and I am asking Chris to get more! Not heavy or strong, no real tannins to speak of, just a refreshing and light chilled red wine that is perfect for summer.
    I need to take notes. I wonder if the boss-lady will think it's weird that I have wine notes if she catches me?

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    There is a local winery here called Blacksmiths and they make a red called Commissure. Here is what their website says about it -

An off-dry red wine similar to a Chianti, with ripe fruit flavors of fresh strawberry and a spicy cinnamon finish. A blend containing Cabernet Franc and Merlot.

I know nothing about wine, but this one is my absolute FAVORITE! I can't stop drinking it when I buy a bottle. In fact, I think I might need to stop on my way home and get some. They also have a blueberry riesling and a rhubarb wine. So.good.seriously.
    Blueberry Riesling? Me want!

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    Here an article on good inexpensive wines: http://www.winecurmudgeon.com/my_web...l-of-fame.html
    I'll read this later. Quoted to keep tabs on it when I'm home

Yes, L, I called the RE's office and told them DH and I couldn't agree. The office manager ordered my bloodwork for this afternoon, with results tomorrow AM. Too late in the day for same-day results. So one way or another we'll know tomorrow. If I sleep in, they'll probably call with results before I have to worry about POAS.
    Darnnit that they can't stay open late. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who can polish off a bottle alone or most of it with just a bit of help!

But I don't like sparking wines at all. Funny as I drink pop but prefer my pop less bubbly like diet mt dew. Bubbles in my drinks bother me.
    I gave Bobbie 1/2 a glass of wine over spring break. We were sipping our wine and having a lovely discussion...and I finished the bottle off myself.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I like champagne, too, but lighter champagnes.

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!! Aside from Mandy's pregnancy, of course. I just got an email from our Easter chef who relayed some disappointing news (to him) that his butcher was not able to secure the bunny in time for brunch on Sunday, so there will be no hasenpfeffer, which I guess is a German rabbit stew. He keeps calling it a bunny, too. I expressed my condolences and asked what the alternative main dish would be--goslings, chicks, lambs, soft downy ducklings, or what. I hope he knows I'm kidding and doesn't start scouring the butcher shops for fluffy baby animals.
    about no bunny on Easter!!

I don't think I've ever had champagne ever. Oh wait-I did have a bottle (small, single serving size) at New Years this year 'cause the bar passed them out for free to all the patrons that were there, but by that point I was so drunk I couldn't taste or remember it.

I'm not a fan of the bubbly myself.
    I could put a bottle of wine out of it's misery no problem. My wine glasses are so big that I can say I only had 2 glasses It's been awhile though between pregnancy and nursing.
    And yeah, Liz, I used to come home with the sun. Now I'm up with it. No regrets on either end of that spectrum.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Oh, Mandy, I'm renewing my professional liability insurance right now. It is $6,000,000 aggregate / up to $1,000,000 each claim for $99.75 per year.

Ok so, I kinda just forgot it's Thursday. I was thinking it was wed. for some reason and now I'm mini panicking I have nothing done for our trip saturday morning. D'oh.

**Lizzo**

LOL I have used the huge glasses too and can say well I only had two glasses.

I think that tomorrow night we will have to have a drink in celebration for Mandy!

I'm a night owl but now it's more like 12 instead of 2-4 am. College ended (rarely had class early in the morning!) and real life began and I had to start getting up for work. And now on weekends I still don't stay up too late because I know Poogie will only let me sleep in a little bit before she's wanting to get up and go potty.

I would like a glass of wine now too but I'm out of alkie at home and probably not stopping at the store tonight. I will be drinking all weekend anyway as my MIL is coming up so we will be busting out the brandy and than I think my friends are bringing some wine for easter lunch. Not sure what kind but they will be stopping a local winery that does some of the fruit ones like these: Rhubarb: Light crisp and refreshing white wine with a rhubarb flavor.
    Ruby Red: Rich, full bodied dinner wine.
    Harvest Blend: Semi-sweet blush wine. Best served with cheese, ham and sausage.
    Cranberry: Made from 100% cranberries. A natural served with turkey and ham.
    Raspberry: Full bodied desert wine. Great with chocolate & cheesecake.
    Apple: Light crisp apple wine. Great served warmed with a stick of cinnamon.
    Purple Passion: Sweet red grape wine from concord grapes. A great anytime wine. Cherry Chill: Blend of white grapes and a fresh cherry juice. Great after dinner wine.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I just had wine last night with dinner because my mom stayed for dinner and I opened a bottle for her, but you guys are making me want to put another bottle in the fridge to chill. Safeway is having a really good wine sale right now, and I need to go pick up some champagne for Sunday too.

One of my favorite everyday wines is pretty much anything by Barefoot, at under $6/bottle. I particularly like the Barefoot Pinot Grigio (medium-bodied with hints of green apple, citrus florals and white peaches). I tend to like the whites, like the viogniers and pinot gris and less often sauvignon blancs. I don't ever take them to parties, though, because they're table wines and not party wines. They're dependable and can be charming, but they're not super interesting or complex.

I just got back from zumba and we shared a take away pizza and are drinking Irish apple cider....yum yum yum!

You guys are sounding far more certain about this than I am feeling - but Jennifer, my due date would be 12/13 based on the date of my IUI.

DH and I went to Trader Joe's after my blood draw and DH was talking about getting some wine for dinner and then stopped and said, "Maybe you shouldn't have wine right now?"
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I wish DH liked wine! Then I wouldn't feel obligated to finish the bottle! Especially those pesky sparkling wines...I do have a stopper that keeps it fizzy, but then it's too tall to fit in the fridge.

Can I confess something awful? I hate making crafts. Really though, anything we have to put together in a certain way, I'm just not cut out for it. I can dye eggs, or draw, or color, but if something comes with directions, I hate it. LOL

An early christmas present!

I get it though, I think I would feel pretty cautious too. But things are definitely looking good so far! And yeah No wine for you!
    are you guys ones who already have names picked out? We do. Boy is Theodore and that has been set in stone for quite some time. Girl has gone through a few different ones. DH likes Vanessa best, I like Courtney a little better right now.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

We've been planning on Alexander for a while, but I don't know that DH is as certain about liking Alexander as he was when we first decided on it. He likes Colton (not my preference). A girl's name is really up in the air - we have quite a few names we've been tossing around.

I like Alexander. but we couldn't use it because my cousin is Alex. Boy names are much easier for us. Back up in case we had two boys is Harrison.
    But he likes Vanessa a whole lot so probably end up with that.

I think that your last name is easier to pick names with than mine! Like I have always liked Samantha...but try Sam with my last name. That is awful! LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Yes, but I can never have a boy named Jack. And that makes me sad!

Yes, but I can never have a boy named Jack. And that makes me sad!
    Sorry to laugh, but once I remembered what your last name was I actually did laugh. I'm so sorry! I like the name Jack too.

I know! I don't want to type my last name out on here, but it's hilarious when you say them together!

I know! I don't want to type my last name out on here, but it's hilarious when you say them together!
    Ha!

Darnit, I don't know your last name.

**Lizzo**

Quote Originally Posted by Inca View Post
    Darnit, I don't know your last name.
    I'll just have to PM you!

Mandy!!!

Congrats a million times over!!! This is what happens when you don't check in to the secular thread for 5 seconds.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Mandy, everytime I think about you my stomach does flip flops. I am so nervous and excited!

I went to dinner with my dad and bro tonight. Sawyer was fine all the way there but screamed the entire way home. I even stopped at a bookstore and let him walk around and nursed him in hopes that he'd be more content but I think he was even worse the rest of the way. It's just awful. I may have to put the dinners on hold again. I just really enjoy them. It's like the only time I get out and do something. Leaving all three with dbf right now is not an option for several reasons. Main one being the look on his face when I bring up the possibility.
    I'm so excited that Savana doesn't have school tomorrow and I have no daycare kids. A free day with just mine.
    Last edited by Bridget; 04-05-2012 at 08:39 PM.