Page 1009 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 9 509 909 959 99910071008100910101011 1019 1059 1109 ... LastLast
Results 30,241 to 30,270 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Mandy!!! KUP!

I don't know where Molly is Those tornadoes were horrible. I wondered if any of our apa moms were effected.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Just jumping in here, can't believe I've never posted here before! A friend of mine is in Texas and luckily the tornados didn't hit her. Matt's mom is from Galveston and his GGmother stayed in her house during Katrina and waited it out. Those Texans are tough folks! Matt's mom is in Mexico till May, lives half the year there and the other half in PA about 3 hours from us. So she's coming home after Sonja's 2nd B-day, hopefully she'll come stay with us and we can actually go on a REAL date. We're going to see JC Superstar in NYC this weekend, ironically on Easter Sunday (neither of us are religious in any way but we LOVE the musical) and this will be only our 3rd "date" since Sonja was born almost 2 years ago. We are a boring couple . So, what's everyone doing this weekend? Egg hunts? Feasts? Just hanging out at home?
    Leigh(36)/Matt(40)/Sonja Lily(4)/Damien Andrew(1.5)

I'm OK, thanks for thinking of me! We had a scary afternoon, lots of hail and Abbey was worried. I tried to nonchalantly get her to hang out int he downstairs bathroom during the sirens but she caught on pretty quick that something scary was happening.

Both DH's brother's house and his grandparents were destroyed by tornados at different times (his brother's house a few years back and his grandparents house about 30 years ago) so his family was calling non-stop.

Mandy, definitely call for a Beta! I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Leigh, we'll be dying eggs and going on a easter egg hunt, then probably a hike or dinner with friends. DH is taking Friday off so we can start some of the baby prep, lots of painting to do.
    Last edited by AbbeysMom; 04-04-2012 at 01:44 AM.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I'm glad you're ok, Molly. I sure do not miss the extreme weather we got back home. The scariest weather here is the gale force winds that happen occasionally. We were on a plane once coming back from a trip to the US trying to land in those winds and I was sure we were going to die. People were vomiting all around. It was crazy.

Welcome to the thread, pumpkinpeejays. For Easter, in England, people give each other giant chocolate Easter eggs. Most people don't dye real eggs. We'll have an egg hunt in our back yard (again, small foil wrapped chocolate eggs). And then we usually have a meal with the extended family. Most people serve lamb.

Jennifer, I hope you are feeling better soon!

It's spitting snow outside and after lunch, I am meant to be going shopping for clothes to take on our cruise! How funny is that! I'm looking forward to getting away, but with it being 100 years since Titanic sank, there have been loads of tv shows about cruise ships sinking, so now I feel a little nervous about the whole trip.

Glad you're ok Molly.

I'm sure you'll be just fine Ash! When are you going? I'm jealous.

Hogwash Ash! Enjoy yout trip.

Molly, glad you are ok.

Easter. I am planning (if I can get it all done) to make Turkish Delights from the story The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. We just finished the read aloud version and Savana and Kai were SO curious about the treats that were so delicious they made Edmund betray his family.
    That and I'm going to make maple syrup candy with these little candy molds I got. I'm going to put them inside Easter eggs and then hide them around are yard with clues for each one specifying the shape of the candy inside the egg they are looking for. So they have to find all the shapes and the last one will lead them to the box of turkish delights. They love stuff like that and beg me all the time to hide things and draw a map so they can find it pirate-like.
    Not entirely easter-ly but I just know they will have so much fun. I just hope I don't botch the Turkish delights.

We are going to my cousins on sunday so I'll probably do everything here for them on saturday. To which dbf said, "I think we should just do everything at your cousins. When I was a kid we always did easter at someone else's house and I think that would be a cool tradition for our kids too."
    (Read: I want to play poker on saturday and on if we do everything sunday at your cousins where your dad and brother will be, I won't have to do anything because everyone else will be all over the kids.)

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Tell me if this is just the worst idea EVER! We are going to my sister's house for Easter. She is hosting an Easter brunch, with food and drinks for 10 adults and my 3 kids plus two other children, and will have an Easter egg/treat hunt. The main dish is going to be RABBIT. Just last night, my children were talking about the Easter Bunny, and whether the bunny was going to come to our house or to my sister's house. My dh, after the children went to bed, asked if he heard me right. "Did you really tell me that she was going to serve rabbit? How are we going to explain that one? Like, the slowest Easter Bunny was caught and served for brunch?"

We have never talked about the Easter Bunny here. They must have gotten it from school. The same place where out of the blue DS asked DH to take him to a baseball game. DH, who only knows about first base and second base as how they relate to kissing and touching. He made me promise, before we had children, that if we had kids who were into sports that I would handle any sports-related issues.

Anyway, I very carefully asked them yesterday if they thought the Easter Bunny was real. They immediately said NO! We talked about if a bunny would be able to carry a basket and deliver eggs. They thought it might. They thought it would be a special big bunny that could walk on its hind feet.

Anyway, my sister's house is the one with 3 sets of stairs leading off the living room, so it's going to be difficult trying to keep track of all of my kids, and DH said he might have to work this weekend. SIGH.

We usually do stuff with eggs. I like doing projects with my kids. In the past few years, I have blown eggs and marbleized them, or put tissue paper on them, or just dyed them. We usually have an Easter egg tree, a big branch with blossoms on it and eggs hanging from it.

Molly, glad you're okay!

Suja, I haven't replied for a while, but I love the outfit your DD was wearing. And I don't think she looks like a boy. My daughter had short hair for a long time and I dressed her in a lot of unisex clothes and she got mistaken for a boy a lot, too. I think it's mostly the short hair. I have actually wanted to get a sari for myself - there are plenty of stores around here - but they are expensive, and I can't think of any place I could really wear it.

Ash, enjoy your trip!

I am so sorry I've been MIA this week I had a pretty rough weekend. I had my mid-terms and did ok on one, but not so well on the other. The past few weeks it's been a slew of me sick, Nolan sick, DH out of town, etc.. so I've fallen behind a bit on my course work and you could definitely tell in the results of my exams... I am just burnt out of this school year. I know I really should take some summer classes, but I just can't get myself to do it. I need some time to do something I enjoy. I'm just all around miserable and my patience is SO thin with Nolan. I tend to get irritated with him fairly quickly these days jsut for doing normal one year old things and that is not fair to him I'm just tired.... all around tired... metally, physically, emotionally this mama is done....

Anyways sorry for my whine....

Gwenn I can't belive you haven't tested, these other ladies might be patient, but not me!!!! I want to know!!! I think there is a baby in your belly

Molly I am glad you are OK! I didn't realize you were in TX. I'm a bad stalker

I leave the T.V. on pretty much at all times. I don't like the regular noise of the house, the wind, the dogs, etc so I leave the T.V. on especially when I am studying. It's either that or the radio, depending on where I am in the house studying. It's funny I tried not doing it for the longest time, because I didn't want Nolan to get too fascinated with the t.v., but he could care less. He stops every once in a while looks at it, than goes about his business. He's a little busy body like his daddy with no interest in sitting still and watching it

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Wow L.... Bunny for Easter That just seems wrong

We're not doing anything "Easter" this year, aside from getting Remy and Seren a basket. Remy's birthday this year falls on Easter so we're gonna take a trip to chi-town, go to the zoo and the aquarium! For their baskets, Remy and Seren both got play silks, Remy got a travel activity set with magnets and markers and stickers for the drive and Seren got a crinkly toy butterfly. I'll be giving them their baskets on Saturday morning before we leave.

**Lizzo**

Oh yeah, I guess either tomorrow or Friday we'll dye eggs. Not sure if we'll do it with the daycare kiddies or just us.

**Lizzo**

Glad you are okay Molly!

Oh L! That's nuts! You're really going to go?

Christina

I'll get the kids easter baskets and hide them like normal. I may or may not cook a large meal. Haven't decided yet.

Rabbit for easter is just not cool! I don't think I could even bring myself to eat rabbit.

We are going to my moms for easter. I haven't seen most of my extended family since christmas, so we are planning on going down on sat to give us a little more time to visit (it's about an hour away). We'll do an egg hunt sunday morning and I have easter baskets of stuff for the kids. Just little toys and books, some socks for M and shoes for A. My mom is cooking a ham with mashed potatoes, carrots and cabbage. I'm in charge of bringing the bloody marys . I think my brother will be there and possibly my grandmother. If it's nice out, we might try to do a little hike or something, but it depends. We might dye eggs on sat if we have time.
    AKA Lisa724

I don't know about doing eggs either. My kids do not believe in the easter bunny. It took them about 30 seconds to figure out there was no possible way...

Our tv stays off until the kids go to bed and then it goes on immediately because dbf likes to have it on. I'd prefer it off unless there is something specific we are planning to watch. I hate flipping around looking for something and really love quiet after the kids go to bed since I literally do not have on moment of peace during the day.
    I do think I finally convinced dbf to cancel cable.
    Last edited by Bridget; 04-04-2012 at 07:47 AM.

We only do eggs for the fun of it. Remy knows nothing of an easter bunny hiding eggs. Only easter bunny knowledge he has is the one who was walking around the mall a week or two ago when we went.

We don't even have a tv downstairs. Only upstairs in dbf's mancave, which he actually uses it as his computer screen. There is no cable on it, we rarely watch movies on it, and rarely play wii on it. I like it that way. Though, I do sometimes wish I could watch a show here or there. Just not that important right now. I can't sleep with noise. I can't even sleep if I know Remy is in the other room awake, even if he's playing quietly. Weird me. Light sleeper.

I am diggin my kindle fire though. Almost done with my first book, Hunger Games. I know, I felt silly downloading it because of the hype around it (which is why I never read any of the Twi books) and I downloaded a bunch of free apps/books. Super cool. I hadn't read a book for almost 6 months!

**Lizzo**

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Oh L! That's nuts! You're really going to go?

I was thinking the same thing L!

Before even seeing this post I was thinking that if I were you, I wouldn't go. But I am a party pooper in that sort of way and I would rather do something small and intimate for holidays at home.

We aren't doing much for Easter. I still need to check with a friend of mine who helps organize an easter egg hunt in her neighborhood to see if we missed it or not. I didn't put it on my calendar and I can't remember if it was last Saturday or if it is this Saturday. Ky really wants to go since we missed it last year due to DH wanting him to go to jiu-jitsu practice (even though Ky never liked jiu-jitsu). I didn't take Elle last year either because I knew that Ky would have been sad and upset that she went and he didn't get to go.

I put together a basket for them every year so I have already started assembling candy for them. We still have our baskets from last year so I will go get some of that plastic grass and put everything together. We don't boil real eggs since no one likes them and I don't want to waste the eggs. I am thinking of maybe doing it this year and just making egg salad sandwiches out of them on Saturday for lunch.

I am considering making Easter dinner. I usually consider it and then end up doing it even though I despise making big meals because they take too much time and energy and someone- meaning DH - always complains about something and it p!sses me off and I swear never to make a holiday meal again. DH has been getting better at his complaining about my cooking, which for the majority of people who have eaten something that I cook cannot believe. I am a very good cook and I am quick and I usually make everything we eat very naturally and from scratch. Even bread and buns for sandwiches I most of the time make from flour and yeast the natural way just by storing dough and rolling it out to eat. But I have come to realize that DH complains about everyone's cooking so it doesn't bother me as much, except on holidays.

As an aside I will mention an indirect complaint he made yesterday about my cooking. One of my best friends was over, the one who gave Ky the turtle (which is still alive BTW) and he is going to be leaving today to go and work on river boat cruises so I won't see him again for 2-3 months so I decided to make the dinner yesterday that I didn't get to make this past Sunday due to taking Elle to that unorganized party. I baked some split chicken breast, seasoned so they would crisp in the oven, some wheat yeast rolls, some kale greens southern style, and mashed potatoes. It was about 87 again yesterday and it was pretty hot in the house since I don't turn on the AC until May (and Jen, you would probably really not like it in my house since even when it is hot out I keep the AC on 78 and just turn on ceiling fans, if you visited I would be nice though and turn it to 72, which I do for my mom who also hates the heat). So I was sweating up a storm cooking this dinner for 45 minutes and when I got done andd DH ate he asked my friend: "M. When you make mashed potatoes, don't you make gravy to go along with it?" I interrupted and told him "if you want gravy you can make your own gravy, especially since you didn't make anything else or pick up any kid or work until 5:30 today, the least you could do is make gravy for yourself." He was trying to bait my friend into complaining about the meal as well. He does this a lot and even though I think it is so weird now and it doesn't p!ss me off as much, it really irks my nerves. It was funny that afterwards he went on and on about how good everything was, individually like "man this chicken is so juicy" and "these greens are the most flavorful I've had in a long time." He is pretty funny.

But I figure I will make a beef roast for easter dinner. I saw some on sale at the store a few days ago and the sale will still be going on tomorrow when I go back. I am hoping there are still some good roasts left since everyone usually makes ham for Easter.

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 04-04-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Cable, what is this cable you speak of?

When DH is home on the weekend I have to listen to that auction show the whole time, drives me batty

I LOVED decorating eggs when we were younger. We never did the Easter Bunny at my house, but did that part every year. Can't wait til Nolan is big enough

Erin, we keep our a/c at 78 too, sometimes even 79, we always have ceiling fans on though. In our bedroom we have a small fan directed at the bed for sleeping. I like it that way, I don't like the cold from the a/c. When I first met dh he worked outside doing landscaping work. I don't know how he did that in the south Florida summer heat!

L, serving bunny for Easter seems so wrong!!! But then I guess it's what your are used to right. In Alaska we would eat reindeer sausage at christmas time, it's so yummy btw, and most people are horrified that you would eat Santa's reindeer. Can you tell the kids it's chicken?

Welcome Leigh! For Easter will be going to my sister's house for dinner. My nephew, and his wife and their 5 month old baby girl are coming to town for a visit. I cannot wait to meet baby Sophia! G calls her "my baby Sofeefaa". We picked out an adorable little dress with strawberries on it for her.

We will dye Easter eggs, I always had a blast doing them. Last year I tried dyeing eggs using natural things like berry juices, purple onions, tumeric. It was a lot of work, and my dh thought I was crazy for "wasting" all those purple onions for dyeing eggs. the only one that turned out nice was the purple onion. The berry ones just looked dirty, lol. So this year I said forget that and I got the normal dyes from Target.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

We decided to not use A/C unless it's over 90 outside. I could live without it at any temp, but the rest of my family becomes difficult to be around

I can't sleep when I'm hot. Like, it's impossible. Daytime it's ok, most times. Though, the humidity here can be pretty stinkin unbearable.

**Lizzo**

I sleep like a babe when hot. If it's chilly (75 or lower) I get an ache in my bones and my back hurts me a lot...then I can't sleep.

I turn the AC on for Khan, then walk around in socks and sweatshirts.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    I'm OK, thanks for thinking of me! We had a scary afternoon, lots of hail and Abbey was worried. I tried to nonchalantly get her to hang out int he downstairs bathroom during the sirens but she caught on pretty quick that something scary was happening.
    OK, phew! I am just SCUBJIA because I heard about the tornadoes from my coworker in No. Dallas near you, Molly. I called you this morning, and left you a message. I'm so glad to hear you're all ok.

I'm eager to catch up with you wonderful women once this stack of work gets under control. xoxo
    Last edited by demigraf; 04-04-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Our house gets like an oven when the air isn't one.... I can NOT sleep if I'm not COLD

Really? I'm complete opposite. If it's chilly and I can cuddle under a blanket, I'm happy. If it's warm/hot I have to have a fan on me. Hot stifled air, BLEH.

**Lizzo**

Bridget, do they sell Turkish Delight near you? If you ever want some sending, I can get some for you from the market place in Leeds that has all sorts of ethnic foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Inca View Post
    Really? I'm complete opposite. If it's chilly and I can cuddle under a blanket, I'm happy. If it's warm/hot I have to have a fan on me. Hot stifled air, BLEH.
    That's what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I turn the AC on for Khan, then walk around in socks and sweatshirts.

Love that! I use the dog as an excuse too. Cosmo's too hot so she needs the air on. Can't use Poogie though, that little girl likes the heat and is always by the fireplace if I have that on. Cosmo will by lying on the vinyl and the little one is by the fire getting all warm.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36