Page 1008 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 850890895899810061007100810091010101810581108 ... LastLast
Results 30,211 to 30,240 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Mandy, I used to make up stories in my head at night when I was a kid, and then when I woke up I'd write down what I had come up with. I'm still upset that I threw away that notebook.

DH used to do something similar to your DH-he'd leave the TV on all day even if he wasn't in the room. He got that from his parents who still do that. It bugged the crap out of me to have noise going on all day and he finally stopped doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Wednesday is 14 days post IUI. I can test then, but it's my last day before spring break (I'm off Thursday, Friday, and Monday) so I really would prefer to wait until Thursday to see that BFN, if it's there. Or honestly, the BFP. So unless I get my period, I won't know for sure until later in the week. Hang in there!
    This cracked me up...you're encouraging us to be patient. What a trip!

We'll hang in there if you promise to post your results asap.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Mandy, I used to make up stories in my head at night when I was a kid, and then when I woke up I'd write down what I had come up with. I'm still upset that I threw away that notebook.

DH used to do something similar to your DH-he'd leave the TV on all day even if he wasn't in the room. He got that from his parents who still do that. It bugged the crap out of me to have noise going on all day and he finally stopped doing it.
    Ugh, DH does that, too! He will turn the TV on in the room I am in, and leave the room. Drives me crazy!

And a notebook of all that would have been so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    This cracked me up...you're encouraging us to be patient. What a trip!

We'll hang in there if you promise to post your results asap.
    LOL - that was meant a little tongue in cheek! And I promise you'll hear about it. One way or another.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 04-02-2012 at 07:45 PM.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

LOL - that was meant a little tongue in cheek! And I promise you'll hear about it. One way or another.
    I know. It was cute.

I'm afraid y'all wouldn't want me in the secular compound. I'm always leaving the tv on just for background noise.

I used to leave the TV on for background noise when I study. It made me focus, but more importantly, it kept me from focusing on all the creaks and groans in the middle of the night and freaking out. I used to read way too much horror.

Chrissy, that's not going to be enough to kick you out of the compound

I like quiet when I sleep. Often even soft music sort of bugs me. But that said, I can sleep almost anywhere under any conditions. It's one of my favorite things about myself. I'm a champion sleeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Chrissy, that's not going to be enough to kick you out of the compound

I like quiet when I sleep. Often even soft music sort of bugs me. But that said, I can sleep almost anywhere under any conditions. It's one of my favorite things about myself. I'm a champion sleeper.

*Hoping to see that BFP this week, Mandy!!!!!*

I used to always sleep with a fan on. I couldn't sleep without it. I think I always depended on it as I grew up in Arkansas with no air conditioning, so we always had a fan on no matter what. I stopped having the fan on to sleep when Travis was born as I am a solid sleeper, especially with my fan on, so I got rid of the fan to make sure I always woke up when he was crying! Only just recently, DH and I alternate on the weekends for one of us to sleep late while the other gets up with the kids, so I've started putting my fan on when he gets up with them and that is the best sleep I get!

Speaking of sleep, I haven't had much for the past 2 days! The night before last, Cash was up all through the night and I had to keep rubbing his back and giving him his teddy bear to cuddle to get him back to sleep. Then, last night at 2am, Travis started coughing and couldn't stop, so he was up til just after 5. My mood is suffering from this; gosh, L, I don't know how you function with the amount of sleep you get. If I had to go just more than a few days of having this little sleep, I would be delusional!

Today is our anniversary, and we're going out for a meal tonight. DH laughed at me when he asked where I wanted to go and I said, "Anywhere that has cheeseburgers on the menu!" We hardly ever eat any red meat and I crave it like a mofo. We might go somewhere nice for a steak instead, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Today is our anniversary, and we're going out for a meal tonight. DH laughed at me when he asked where I wanted to go and I said, "Anywhere that has cheeseburgers on the menu!" We hardly ever eat any red meat and I crave it like a mofo. We might go somewhere nice for a steak instead, though.
    Happy Anniversary American Girl! I'd probably choose burgers too, especially if it had been a while since I had one.

I hope you get to catch up on some sleep.

Speaking of sleep deprivation.......A's normal sleeping lately is to wake about every two hours. Usually he's in bed with us after the first wake up, so it's not too bad. Last night, he would.not.sleep. Tossing turning, crawling around in his sleep, etc. I was up with him until 3am when he finally (sort of) fell asleep. My alarm goes off at 5. I'm wiped.

I'm with bridget, I could sleep pretty much anywhere, anytime. Especially right now, LOL.
    AKA Lisa724

Happy Anniversary! I hardly eat red meat either and sometimes I really crave a burger and i can't get it out of my head until I have one. We just bought a 1/4 cow from a local organic farm and split it with a friend of mine so we have tons of beef. It's so fresh, they butchered the cow the same week they delivered it. The burgers are SO juicy and wonderful. Yum.

I have a cousin on fb that I blocked almost immediately after accepting his friend request because he puts a lot of things on his wall that I don't agree with. Well my brother texted me yesterday all up in arms because said cousin posted something about boycotting starbucks since apparently starbucks has made a stand to support gay marriage (yay starbucks!). Oh boy my brother is so upset. He responed to the comment and posted something on his wall about it. Oh, and he's also really pissed off at my older brother for not responding to the happy bday text he sent. *sigh* Classic anger projection going on here and so wish he could calm down. I mean, we see this cousin once every 5 years if that. I bet he can't even remember the last time he saw him. Unfriend and move on I say. And...does one really have to respond to a happy bday text?

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    Speaking of sleep deprivation.......A's normal sleeping lately is to wake about every two hours. Usually he's in bed with us after the first wake up, so it's not too bad. Last night, he would.not.sleep. Tossing turning, crawling around in his sleep, etc. I was up with him until 3am when he finally (sort of) fell asleep. My alarm goes off at 5. I'm wiped.

I'm with bridget, I could sleep pretty much anywhere, anytime. Especially right now, LOL.
    I hope you get some rest! Sleep deprivation is so hard. It makes me wish I'd slept more in my 20's when I had the chance! lol

I need total quiet and total darkness to sleep. I don't mind the fan though, especially since moving here to the south and it was so hot and I didn't want to turn on the AC due to high electric prices. I still refuse to turn it on until it is at least mid-May, no matter what the temeprature. Yesterday it was 87 and I was so POd because I came home and DH had the AC on. He said it was just because we had "The Squirrel Guy" come out as we have been hearing chewing and gnawing in our attic and it is freaking DH out. He hears it at night. Due to his teeth grinding, I wear ear plugs at night so I don't hear the chewing/gnawing unless DH wakes me up to hear it (which I hate and which causes me to argue with him about at 4am since it takes me a LONG time to fall asleep so if he wakes me at 4am I will not be able to go back to sleep for about an hour and then it is pretty much time to get up). Now I am freaking out though since "The Squirrel Guy" (this is the name of his business LOL) said that he thinks it may be a rat instead of squirrels and rats just freak me out. He set some traps and will come back in a few days to check but now everytime I hear a sound I think a rat is going to burst through and bite my face off.

I read "Native Son" by Richard Wright, a famous book of black literature (it was also made into a movie) when I was around 12 and the opening scene of that book is the main character fighting off a huge, vicious, brown rat and ever since I read it, I have been afraid of rats. They are the only animal I am afraid of.

And Mandy, I used to do something similar as you before bed, make up elaborate stories, sometimes they were about me, sometimes I'd make up other characters. I still sort of do this but now I will jot notes down about the story I was making up. I have about 5 of them that are pretty interesting that I would love to make into novels or novellas or just a group of short stories one day. I think that will be a birthday goal of mine at 34, to write out one of those bedtime stories. I have a really good one, I think, that is loosely based on myself and what I would say to a psychiatrist if I ever decided to go to one over the course of 12 weeks. In the story, it was a birthday goal of mine to see if I had psychiatric problems because people have always told me that crazy people never say they're crazy, they think they are sane, and honestly, I do sometimes think I am the only sane person in my life so it makes me wonder if I have mental issues LOL! I want it to be funny. I sat up one night while trying to go to sleep and wrote a 5 page synopsis of how I want the story to go - how it starts, ends, the climax and everything so I just need some time to really work on it. I think I could get it done in 2 weeks if I actually had some time to not do everything for everyone or make everyone's decisions. I am thinking of booking myself a writer's retreat for my 34th birthday to get it done.

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 04-03-2012 at 07:33 AM. Reason: spelled "they're" as "their" and it is pet peeve of mine to spell there/their/they're correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    ...Now I am freaking out though since "The Squirrel Guy" (this is the name of his business LOL) said that he thinks it may be a rat instead of squirrels and rats just freak me out. He set some traps and will come back in a few days to check but now everytime I hear a sound I think a rat is going to burst through and bite my face off.Erin
    OMG Erin!! I shudder at the thought of you having a rat (or more) but darnnit this was too funny!

I remember one time when our dog killed a rat and brought it in the basement/garage. I found it and thought that it meant we had rats in the house!! You cannot imagine how bad I freaked...I mean freak freaked. Thinking we had rats in our house. For your sake, I hope it's not that. *shudder*

Just the thought of rats creeps me out. I really hope it's only squirrels, which my dh calls tree rats. There are two frisky squirrels that chase each other over our pool cage. G thinks it's hilarious to see them run across the top of the pool cage with their tails twitching. I'd much rather have that than the baby snake we found our pool the other day. *shudder* I am terrified of snakes. When I saw that thing in swimming around, I wanted dh to leave work immediately and come home and get it out now.

Sleep deprivation is the hardest thing in the world!! G has been doing pretty well in his bed, but every once in awhile he will climb into our bed in the middle of the night. The other night it was 3 am, and he stumbled into our bed, he brought with him 4 stuffed animals lol. He was awake enough to grab a handful of animals. Last night he slept 12 hours-woohoo!

Last night I had a dream about my mom. She was here in my living room, we had a nice talk, and then she gave me a big hug. My mom gave the best bear hugs ever. Oh how I miss her. She's been on my mind a lot, she died on Mother's Day 2004.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Oh, Shelley. I know just how you feel. Was it nice to dream about her? Sometimes I wish I'd dream about my mine, just to feel her presence again.

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    Last night I had a dream about my mom. She was here in my living room, we had a nice talk, and then she gave me a big hug. My mom gave the best bear hugs ever. Oh how I miss her. She's been on my mind a lot, she died on Mother's Day 2004.

Ohhh Mandy, Thursday cannot come fast enough. Got a good feeling this time. And that is BS about work. They better give you the contract you deserve for next year.

Chrissy, I'm like you, I have the TV on most of the time even if I'm not in the room. I put it on to sleep too but with a timer. Except when DH's home because he hates it. At least he agreed to the sound machine. I LOVE the sound machine. Ours is starting to go but I'm thinking about getting this one when it does http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sc_act_title_1

And OMG, how can you have lived without air conditioning Ash! I've always been in Wisconsin and have never not had air conditioning in my life.
    Erin, I do try to not turn my on until mid or even late May. But this year I had it on for almost a week in March. Normally when we are getting snow. It just got too warm in my house and we don't have fans....I literally have one portable fan. Once it hit 77 inside with the windows open, my air went on. It's off now though as we are mostly in the 50's again.

Ick I was not feeling well this morning. I have either a bug of some kind or ate something that was off. I am thinking bug. Last night I was really stiff and sore all over and couldn't get warm (should have been as it was 70 in the house and I had the fireplace on). No fever though. And this morning I had an awful stomach ache. Seriously thought about not coming to work but I'm only doing a half day today as I have a dental cleaning this afternoon. And I want to get grocery shopping done and I need to go vote today. At least after today, freaking Rick Santorum will stop calling my house.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Sleep deprivation is the pits! I haven't slept in more than 2 hour stretches (if that) in at least 6 months. There was one night around 18 months where Mira STTN. She sleeps worse now than she did as a 6 month old. It used to be, once woken up, I couldn't sleep for another hour or so, but I'm so exhausted right now that I can fall asleep standing up. I think up all sorts of weird 'Wouldn't it be nice if we had...' that would put kids to sleep and keep them asleep.

I hope you don't have a rat, Erin. I'm told that they make nice pets (not the wild kind, but there are breeds of pet rats), and are exceedingly smart. I agree with the smart part. Not so much, the pet part. We had one in the garage a couple of winters ago. By the time we figured it out, it had eaten wires in both DH and my car, and built a nest in mine!

Shelley. I can't even imagine how hard that must be.

I broke my glasses yesterday, and don't have a backup. So, now I'm wearing contacts. And yawning constantly to keep them moist, on top of adding drops. I'm wondering if I should give the contacts a go, or rush out and get some glasses (which likely needs a prescription check, since mine is from March of last year). I'm told that you can get nice glasses fairly inexpensively at Costco.

Hmmm... I feel like I missed commenting on something.

Ugh, DH does that, too! He will turn the TV on in the room I am in, and leave the room. Drives me crazy!

And a notebook of all that would have been so cool!

I still remember it--it was hot pink and I used white out to write all the names of the new kids on it (mind you this was over 20 years ago) and I had the name Aerosmith in a circle with a line through it. Aerosmith was way too hard rock for me when I was 9 but I had a friend who loved them and I kind of did that to tease her.

Happy anniversary Ash! Now I'm craving a good cheeseburger!

I went to the school office for some more write up slips and the woman couldn't reach them so I have to go back tomorrow. I'm so peeved. They wouldn't listen to me at all again today. Well, at least they have Friday off.

The Squirrel Guy said that rats in attics/walls are better than squirrels because squirrels do more damage as they constantly bite and chew whereas rats do not. Regardless, I would rather it be a squirrel. I also think squirrels are "tree rats" Shelley, but I prefer a tree rat over a real rat in the house any day. The hawk that used to stay in our pecan tree in the back yard hasn't been around in a while, probably a few months and I was thinking that the rodents (including squirrels) think that it is a good time to wander around. I so hope she/he comes back and eats all the squirrels/rats again. We used to have a horrible squirrel problem in our yard until the hawk took up residence there. I think it was a she since I saw a nest in the tree. She ate pretty much every squirrel who dared come near our yard, which is popular since we have the only pecan tree on our street. We still have pecans in the backyard right now that I make Ky go pick up for friends/relatives whenever he is getting back-talking crazy, which is not often now since I think he is sick of picking up pecans.

Ash I wish you could have come over last night. I made Blue-Rugula Burgers, a recipe by Rachel Ray with blue cheese, arugula, and carmelized onions with a spicy brown/sweet mustard sauce on top of the burgers. It was delicious. I was in the mood for a good burger and the grocery store gods decided to put organic/grass fed beef on sale for $3.99 a pound so I bought 3 pounds and used a pack to make some burgers. They were really good.

Erin, those burgers! My stomach rumbled when I was reading about them and I just ate lunch! lol
    My mil has a rat problem at her house in Victoria BC and she always tells me she puts out rat poison and then they go hide to die and the smell is horrible. Yuck. I hate thinking about that. Speaking of mil she is coming in a couple of weeks and I think we are going to spend a weekend in Milwaukee so we can take the kids to the museums there. Jennifer, do you know anything about the hotels in that area? I really want to go do something fun while she is here since ususally when she comes she spends way too much time cooking and cleaning. Dbf keeps hemming and hawing over not knowing if he wants to do that but I don't really care if he doesn't come. I think her and I would be just fine with the kids alone as long as we had our own hotel rooms so that Sawyer isn't waking her all night. As much as that woman drives me crazy sometimes, there is no denying how much she loves my kids and that trumps everything. I'm going to do just what I did last time she came and make a promise to myself not to let anything she says or does get to me and not to argue with her crazy ideas. No one is going to change an old lady so why try? I hope that my future son/daughter in laws will do me the same honor

Kate, she couldn't reach them? No chairs in the building? I found that funny.

Yesterday I went to Walgreens to get glow in the dark stars for the walls in the "sleeping room" as the kids are calling it now (and Kai's old room is the "dressing room" since I put both dressers in there.) I asked the only clerk I could find, who was at the register, if they sold them there and she said, "I don't know." And that was it! I literally laughed out loud that she didn't make any effort to find out. Customer service these days, I tell ya.

I'm off to vote as soon as I get this baby off my boob and settled to sleep.

The "tree rats" comments remind me of what we call sea gulls. We call them "dump ducks" because they are always screeching around at the dump or around trash.

I just booked us a mini vacation! We haven't done anything in forever and I got a living social deal for two nights in a nice resort hotel for up to four people, four passes to their indoor water park and breakfast for four for $270. My mom is going to come and will split the cost, so it will be around $150 for two nights. Plus, it's right near storyland (a really cool local theme park) and we were planning on taking the kids there around their birthdays at the end of may anyway. I'm psyched!
    AKA Lisa724

The copies were in a sort of storage area that was in a wall alongside a staircase. She was standing on the stairs and couldn't reach back far enough to get them. She said the custodian is coming in tomorrow, so I guess she's going to make him climb in there and get them.

I took out an origami book from the library and bought some origami paper and brought them on the bus for Red. You should have seen how happy he was when he saw them. He had been telling me he doesn't know how to many anything except those ninja stars and little claw things that fit on the ends of your finger. He made a couple things and took some paper home.

Bridget, it was a really nice dream, we were just chatting. It's funny I remember my mom dreaming about her own mother all the time. I hope I dream about my mom a lot. We were true friends, not just mother and daughter.

We rarely eat red meat, but once in awhile I crave a good burger! All this talk has given me the craving. Last evening I could smell someone grilling. Is there any smell more intoxicating?! It makes me want to walk the neighborhood and invite myself to dinner.

Lisa, yay for a mini vacay! Sounds like a fun trip.

Suja, sorry about the glasses. I can relate to the dry eyes, when I wore contacts my eyes were always dry.

Bridget, I need to remember you in regards to your mil. My own mil is coming to visit us for 2 months this summer, AND then again another 2 months this fall for Thanksgiving and Xmas. Just shoot me now. It's complicated because we actually live in her house, pay rent+all utilities. Now that her husband has died, she's coming here. I seriously will need to be drugged. We may just move out, but it's such pita to move. ugh.

When I was teenager I used to sleep with my walkman in my ear, with the tape on repeat. My favorite was Thriller. Now I don't listen to the radio or tv, but I don't like a quiet room. We have the a/c on, ceiling fan, and my dh sleep apnea machine. It all kinda lulls me to sleep. But then I am weird when it comes to noise that shouldn't be there. Like a loud ticking clock. When I first moved in with dh, we had to change the bathroom clock because the ticking was too loud for me at night. I am weird when it comes to noises, for example a clicking pen drives me up the wall. Cannot stand it.

Happy Anniversary Ashley!
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

I'm the same way with ticking clocks in the bedroom. I remember when I was a kid (under 10) the room I used to sleep in when we visited my grandmother had a ticking clock. I don't know why I felt bad about asking her to move it somewhere else, but I remember hiding it in a closet or something. I wonder if that ever mystified her

Erin, I wish I could come to your house to eat! One of these days, I might just drop by. Lol.

Jennifer, yep, we were very poor back in the day, but the heat never bothered us much. My parents now run their a/c all the time. My elementary school did not have a/c either and we used to get sent home if it got over 95 degrees outside! :-)

Kate, that was kind of you to get Red those things.

Shelley, your mom sounds like she was a treasure. I always wanted that kind of relationship with my mother, but I'm actually closer to my MIL than my own ma.

Erin, I'm cracking up over your story idea about finding out if you are crazy. I would so love to read that.

I really hope it isn't a rat; that would freak me out, too.

And I really want a burger!

Not to get any of my stalkers' hopes up, but this morning I was sitting at our table working with a little one and started feeling pretty nauseous. I take my thyroid pill when I leave for work at 8:00, and bring yogurt to work with me and eat it at 10:00. I was really feeling out of sorts until I had my yogurt this am - not typical for me. Make of that what you will.

I'm considering calling the RE tomorrow and just asking them to schedule me for a beta. Just avoid the whole POAS drama altogether. Last time I got AF 15 dpIUI. Today is 13 dpIUI.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Uggg....think I'm getting sick. I'm achy and have the chills. I did get a flu shot as it's required by work.

Bridget, are you thinking of staying downtown? I'm not that familiar with the downtown...basically I suck and DH always drove there and we didn't go down often. But if you didn't mind staying in the burbs, there was a hilton or hyatt...I forgot which on 124th and north that I stayed at before. There is one by Brookfield mall that my aunt stayed at at a few years ago and woke up with bed bugs crawling on them. But the one on 124th is by Mayfair mall and not far from the zoo if you wanted to do that. downtown, i would avoid being too close to marquette.

Ash, you know I think that if one is accustomed to the heat, it's handled better. I don't do heat well at all but we only have a short amount of hot months usually and i grew up with air....had times when things were tough but air was something they didn't scrimp on.

I love red meat and have it usually 2-4 times a week. After my surgery they had me off it for three months and it was awful.....I just craved it and felt weak. Ground turkey wasn't cutting it. I just try to always buy the 95 or 96% lean.

I'm lucky.....I love my MIL dearly and am so excited that she is coming to visit Saturday until mid week next week. I just hope that I'm feeling better by than! I fully expect in the next 1-2 years she will be moving into my basement. We will fix it up professionally and it will have a living room, bedroom and bathroom just for her. And DH's lego room....rest will be storage. I have lookout windows down there so it should be pretty nice. She's clearly said that she doesn't want to make our lives worse or be a burden and that it's our house, our ways and rules.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Anyone here from Molly? I don't know exactly where she lives but I know that some nasty tornadoes were in TX this afternoon. Hoping that everything is ok!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36