Page 1004 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 4 504 904 954 99410021003100410051006 1014 1054 1104 ... LastLast
Results 30,091 to 30,120 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    I wasn't trying to say anything bad or out of the way, I hope it didn't come across that way

Age isn't a factor for me. My body just sucks
    No, not at all. I simply think that's the only reason I had the girls so 'effortlessly' Someone told me recently that they always think I'm mad when I type. I feel self conscious about using too many smileys and exclamation points, but maybe I should. I'm also self conscious (often, but now always) about speaking in a passive voice. Put all them together and I probably read like an angry witch sometimes!

Tonight we go see Larry the Cable Guy. I bought two tickets for my husband and two for my brother for Christmas. They're taking me & mom. I ought to be fun. My mother bought depends because she's that worried about peeing herself. I think I've mentioned that's a tendency on her side of the family. I know if I saw her wet herself, I probably would too from laughing so hard at her. So I'm hoping she can keep it together. Larry is one of our all-time favorites. We're his demographic.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I am going to vote pregnancy symptom too, Mandy. I learned about CM on apa and never knew it to be a pregnancy symptom. My main symptom every time was that I was SO tired.
    Have any of you ever used the bike seat for you babies that attaches to the front of the bike, by the handle bars? I'd really like to get one this year and already ordered an infant helmet for Sawyer. I don't know which one to get. There is a wide price range. Speaking of Sawyer, he's officially walking! Last night he silently walked around the house for about an hour. From the living room, into the kitchen. Turn. To Kai's room and out. Down the hall to my room and out. Back into the living room. Totally quiet, totally focused. He was so tired around 8am, showing all his cues of being tired so I brought him to the couch to nurse him and about half a dozen times he'd stop nursing, fight to get down, walk walk walk. Pretty soon he started falling a lot and I knew he was too tired so I had to pick him up and walk him to sleep. This kid really makes me smile.

The only reason that I know of Larry the cable guy is that he is the voice of Mater from Disney Pixar Cars, but I've seen him interviewed on Jay Leno and he was hilarious. You'll probably laugh so hard that your abs will get a workout!

Regarding pregnancy symptoms, the only thing that was similar to me with 4 pregnancies (2 m/c's and the boys) was that my boobs were so very sore. I remember having a lot more cm as well while pregnant and it was really annoying!

The only reason that I know of Larry the cable guy is that he is the voice of Mater from Disney Pixar Cars, but I've seen him interviewed on Jay Leno and he was hilarious. You'll probably laugh so hard that your abs will get a workout!

Regarding pregnancy symptoms, the only thing that was similar to me with 4 pregnancies (2 m/c's and the boys) was that my boobs were so very sore. I remember having a lot more cm as well while pregnant and it was really annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I am going to vote pregnancy symptom too, Mandy. I learned about CM on apa and never knew it to be a pregnancy symptom. My main symptom every time was that I was SO tired.
    Have any of you ever used the bike seat for you babies that attaches to the front of the bike, by the handle bars? I'd really like to get one this year and already ordered an infant helmet for Sawyer. I don't know which one to get. There is a wide price range. Speaking of Sawyer, he's officially walking! Last night he silently walked around the house for about an hour. From the living room, into the kitchen. Turn. To Kai's room and out. Down the hall to my room and out. Back into the living room. Totally quiet, totally focused. He was so tired around 8am, showing all his cues of being tired so I brought him to the couch to nurse him and about half a dozen times he'd stop nursing, fight to get down, walk walk walk. Pretty soon he started falling a lot and I knew he was too tired so I had to pick him up and walk him to sleep. This kid really makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post

He's hilarious! We've watched all his stand-up dvds. With his first one, we played it for the entire family for Thanksgiving or Christmas and everyone was in stitches. It was one of our best holiday parties ever.

Regarding the CM I have no idea so I'm going to abstain from voting

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I know I had it, but I never paid any attention to when it occurred during my cycle, if it happened regular, or how long it lasted. I never knew when I ovulated either.
    I never did either....until I had been trying for a while and suddenly you start taking note of everything.

And Christina, wouldn't surprise me not to have any on clomid....it tends to be drying and was one of the few times when I was TTC that I didn't have all that much.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

No, not at all. I simply think that's the only reason I had the girls so 'effortlessly' Someone told me recently that they always think I'm mad when I type. I feel self conscious about using too many smileys and exclamation points, but maybe I should. I'm also self conscious (often, but now always) about speaking in a passive voice. Put all them together and I probably read like an angry witch sometimes!

Tonight we go see Larry the Cable Guy. I bought two tickets for my husband and two for my brother for Christmas. They're taking me & mom. I ought to be fun. My mother bought depends because she's that worried about peeing herself. I think I've mentioned that's a tendency on her side of the family. I know if I saw her wet herself, I probably would too from laughing so hard at her. So I'm hoping she can keep it together. Larry is one of our all-time favorites. We're his demographic.
    It wasn't so much what you said, as that I re-read what I typed and wasn't sure if it came across the right way....
    I have a tendency to over-use smilies. I am, by nature, a very blunt individual and I try to use emoticons to show what I am trying to get across.

I love Larry the Cable Guy!!! I want to take DH to one of his shows when Nolan gets a little bigger (and I'm more comfortable leaving him at night for a litte while). He LOVES him and I enjoy him enough I think it would be a nice outing for us!

My mom "tinkles" herself reguarly, she hates it. She hasn't progressed to the depends extreme yet, but I know it will probably only get worse as she ages. She said it started happening after her second C/S with my brother...

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Aww go Sawyer!

And have fun Chrissy! I am not such a fan of his myself but love a comedy show. One of the things I miss about Milwaukee was going to the club all the time. Seriously we went like once a month as I kept getting free tickets long as we bought two drinks (could be soda too). Some of them were great and some were eh. Last time we saw someone was Bill Maher down in IL....I think that was two years ago or almost that. I big time love me some Bill Maher (don't agree 100% but often enough). DH and I watch every Friday night together.

Oh just got a call that my floor at work (library and education) is doing a lottery pool. I got my own tickets but going to go in on that one too I think.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    My mom "tinkles" herself reguarly, she hates it. She hasn't progressed to the depends extreme yet, but I know it will probably only get worse as she ages. She said it started happening after her second C/S with my brother...
    Mom isn't really to the depends part yet either, but a couple Thanksgivings ago my brother was mocking her and then Conner imitated my brother and she laughed so hard she really peed. She's afraid of that happening in the arena so the depends are a just in case thing. Because I've teased her about it, I think maybe I ought to wear some too because it would be just my luck I'd be the one wetting myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Aww go Sawyer!

And have fun Chrissy! I am not such a fan of his myself but love a comedy show. One of the things I miss about Milwaukee was going to the club all the time. Seriously we went like once a month as I kept getting free tickets long as we bought two drinks (could be soda too). Some of them were great and some were eh. Last time we saw someone was Bill Maher down in IL....I think that was two years ago or almost that. I big time love me some Bill Maher (don't agree 100% but often enough). DH and I watch every Friday night together.

Oh just got a call that my floor at work (library and education) is doing a lottery pool. I got my own tickets but going to go in on that one too I think.
    I Maher! He's only on HBO right? We don't get any of the premium channels like that.

I entered our pool at work as well, even though Rich bought some for us. Hey, you never know

I have never had a baby and laughed so hard I wet myself. It happens!

Yeah he's on HBO. If you add him on FB though he often posts videos of parts of the show, usually the funny parts and not the dry ones. I always thought premium channels were dumb but got them as an upgrade once and now I cannot live without them. That and DVR.

And reminder that those that watch Game of Thrones....that is starting up on Sunday! DH is so excited about it, he downloaded the music from iTunes and has been playing it over and over.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

DH is excited about Game of Thrones. I didn't really get into it last season but I'll watch it. I just get so confused by so many characters and plots going on. It's kind of the same way with Spartacus, especially the way the characters are so devious. You never really know whose side they're on so I get confused by that.

We went to see Spamalot at our local theater last night. It was good but not as great as I thought it was going to be. It's basically a musical production of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Cute. But I had a splitting headache from coughing so much this week I think I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have.

Is anyone planning on going to watch Titanic in 3D? I'd like to go. It was such a big deal for me (because of the historical content) and my girls (because they were into the love story). I think it would be pretty cool to have a girls' night out and go see that together.

I confess that on every other board that I confessed I'm an atheist things went downhill from there.
    I confess I'm glad I found this place.

Welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I don't think that this is everything, but it will get you started.

http://barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/
    http://www.sportsci.org/jour/0103/mw.htm
    I don't know if I ever thanked you for posting these...I do appreciate it. I'm just a space cadet.

Hi!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

More CM today, for those of you that want to know about the state of my crotch. (sorry) Also I have been super tired. I'm a night owl and I usually go to bed after midnight. Three nights in a row I was in bed before 10:00.

Bridget, that's so cute about Sawyer walking! Aww....

There is a huge swarm of africanized (killer) bees at work. They started building a hive inside an organ pipe cactus. We called the bee control people who sprayed them with some nasty chemical and most, but not all of them, died. The non-dead ones got really mad and started swarming again. The bee control guys just swept up the dead ones and left the mad ones where they were, after informing us they were indeed africanized. I was having visions of the Hunger Games all afternoon. DH is not concerned about losing me to a swarm of angry killer bees, though. But if I disappear, you'll all know why.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Jeez, Mandy.
    First you said crotch and that had my head spinning a little and then with the killer bees, which I used to have daymares about all the time when I was a kid. I remember walking home from school and making a plan of action for if a swarm of killer bees snuck up on me.
    Your post has me overwhelmed.

I am overwhelmed too by crotches and bees!!

The crotch was funny, the bees not so much. But oddly enough I feel bad for the bees, you know there is a bee shortage. I tell people not to kill bees all the time and they think I'm crazy and look at me like this .

Bees have been disappearing and I have seen shows and read articles about how it is very alarming to a lot of people who study them and that many farmers are suffering due to low bee population. I also learned that there are people who make a living driving bees around to farms to pollinate crops, which was one of the coolest jobs I ever heard of. If I weren't adverse to bugs, I would consider it because it seems pretty easy. I mean, one doesn't really have to feed bees and they work for free so you don't have to pay them.

Erin

Apparently first my instinct not to use that word was correct. Sorry for my word choice!

I feel bad about the bees, too. There was an article in the paper this morning about the bee shortage. But this was insane - they were swarming all.over.the place - 6' high in the air down to the ground, and probably 5' across just filled with bees. It was really like something out of a movie. With all the little kids we have roaming around there, we just couldn't leave them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Jeez, Mandy.
    First you said crotch and that had my head spinning a little and then with the killer bees, which I used to have daymares about all the time when I was a kid. I remember walking home from school and making a plan of action for if a swarm of killer bees snuck up on me.
    Your post has me overwhelmed.
    I was in high school when the killer bees arrived here in my state and there was a beekeeper right next to my high school. There were a lot of jokes that we would be the first to go when they got here.

Is anyone planning on going to watch Titanic in 3D? I'd like to go. It was such a big deal for me (because of the historical content) and my girls (because they were into the love story). I think it would be pretty cool to have a girls' night out and go see that together.

I wasn't a huge fan of the movie to begin with, so I don't think I'll go see it in 3D. Especially so soon before going on the cruise

I'm a mess today. DH was home from work which is unusual so it threw me off all day. I forgot that my bus driver likes me to be there at 12:45 instead of 1 on Fridays so he can go gas up before picking up the kids. I got there at 1 and he was waiting for me and my boss had already called home and spoken to my husband about it. In my hurry I brought my purse on the bus which I don't usually do. I usually just put my license and credit card in my pocket. I left my purse in the front seat and since I sit in the second row with Red I forgot to get my purse when I got off the van. I went right back when I realized but he was already gone I've had such a flaky week.

I have to write up 3 of the boys for taking off their seat belts after they initially put them on when they got on the bus. I don't think there was ever a time when I didn't wear a seat belt if it was available. Seriously, what do these kids think happens if we hit something doing 65 and nobody is buckled in?

Is anyone planning on going to watch Titanic in 3D?
    Not even if you promised me that I'll be the sole winner of the MegaMillions draw tonight. I'd rather have all my teeth pulled with no numbing agent.

I won't be seeing it either. I was a big fan of the movie when it came out, but I have no interest in 3D movies.

Oh, AND I had to report the Wed/Fri a.m. driver for speeding...apparently it's been a problem in the past and I was asked to keep an eye on him. Even the kids on the bus comment on it, so you know it's bad.

Wow, that is bad! You had quite a day.

I feel like I'm losing my mind. It was fine when I wasn't working but now other people are depending on me and I hate letting people down.

Erin! I tell people not to kill bees for the same reason! Bees are endangered and they are a critical part of our food sources. We rely on them for a third (I think that's right) of what we consumer food-wise. My friend is a beekeeper. There is a program in our state where you can have the bees brought to you (you buy them)but they set it up for you and come visit you to give you advice and help you be successful. Savana is really intrigued by raising bees so if her interest continues I want to give her the chance to raise them when she is much older, of course.

Kate, sorry about your day. I hate it when things are just "off". It happens to me a lot. In fact at dinner tonite I burnt my finger, my tortilla dough was too sticky and really hard to work with, I left the carrot cake in the oven after I shut it off but it got way overcooked and I'm going to throw it away...so I had a big dinner fail tonight.

And Mandy, I thought the use of the word crotch was hilarious.

Sorry Bridget! I hate those days when my cooking goes wrong.