Page 1483 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 4839831383143314731481148214831484 LastLast
Results 44,461 to 44,490 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Coming home must've been some sort of instant magic cure, because there is a lot of screaming and running in circles going on. Also, she took the scarf thing from my tunic, and is wearing it on her head, to pretend she's Rapunzel. Rapunzel hair and running in circles do not mix.

Well I always feel better when I go home too. Home is a magical cure.

I want to go home now. It's snowing like CRAZY. Forecast is anything from 9-18 inches. LOL And of course lots of blowing and drifting later. which means we get huge drifts in the driveway being at the end. I'm so done with it all....already long past the yearly snow totals and is on par for being one of the coldest winters ever. I think that they news guy said something like over 50 days have been below zero. Blah.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I've just written my first personal statement that goes along with my first job application for a teaching post....it was harder than writing a 3000 word research paper!!!

You mean writing 'I am the BESTEST EVAH!' isn't good enough?

The bad part of being sent home sick is that she can't go back tomorrow, and will miss specials, which is her favorite part of the whole week. For nothing. I really have to wonder if she is so stressed over peeing in school now (she didn't, today), that she is making herself sick.

Yay Ash!

Josh has been wetting his pants recently and he doesn't notice, even when I have him feel his pants or his underwear and say "that is wet" he kind of just shrugs it off. And I can smell it before I've even noticed that he's wet. I think I need to set a timer for every couple hours while he's home. He just gets lost in a book or a video game and doesn't notice that his pants are soaked all down the legs.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Is he constipated? S. has been wetting himself more often lately and not noticing/not caring and I finally went on a week-long dairy restriction fruit increase and it's helped enormously.

Could be! I keep forgetting to keep tabs on how often he poops. The doctor asked me when we went in January and I wasn't sure. He said it wasn't every day. He definitely could use more fruit in his diet and he's been drinking more milk lately.

I heated up some fresh blueberries in maple syrup for his waffles the other day and he said "Mom, I don't like warm blueberries" and refused to eat them. LOL

See what happens when I don't check in here incessantly? You all start up a conversation. LOL.

As far as treatments, I think we're going to try. I want to take things slowly, though. I'm not feeling mentally up to another loss right now and I'm just going to play things by ear. I'm encouraged to know DH is motivated to work on this, though. I'll keep everyone posted as things go.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 02-21-2014 at 12:36 AM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Exciting news, Mandy!! Definitely keep us updated.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

mandy, it is exciting!!
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

That is exciting, Mandy! I'm sending you sticky baby dust right now.

I finished my personal statement for job applications. Now to find some schools that look like they'll fit my style....

How exciting, Ash!

Mira is still worried about going to school. Very worried. Crying about it worried, and she was SO looking forward to celebrating her birthday with her friends. I've resorted to bribing, and told her there will be a surprise for her tomorrow, if I pick her up after nap (she pees after lunch, and navigating that successfully is the challenge).

Her teacher suggested that we talk to her pedi about it, that this level of anxiety cannot be good for her. Her annual physical is this week, and I think that I will bring that up.

Poor Mira.
    i will say, in my house, that level of anxiety was not out of the ordinary during that age.

http://www.amazon.com/Down-Worry-Hil.../dp/0967734762
    This book was very helpful to us when Savana's anxiety was at its peak. I've pulled it out a few times since. I know it specifically says OCD but I think it's good for anxiety in general.

I've ordered a few books. One about being a perfectionist, the one you recommended, and another one about anxiety. Hopefully, this will pass by the time the books get here. I'll know how today has gone, by about 1:00.

I'm so hoping that she has a good day today.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

You should've seen her face when I dropped her off. So little, so worried. Not at all like she was looking forward to everyone making a big deal about her birthday, although she had been, for some time. I asked her, like I do every day, if she's going to have a great day, and she said 'Yes', but it wasn't very convincing.

Poor girl! That level of anxiety was common for dd1 at that age, too, but since she wasn't a typical kid in that regard I doubt it's very reassuring. She suffered a lot from "anticipatory anxiety," which sounds a lot like what Mira's going through. Even things she really wanted to do and was so looking forward to, would make her a twitchy, meltdowny, unable-to-concentrate mess for sometimes days ahead of time, and especially right before said event occurred. The only things that helped a bit were downplaying the event, distracting her before it happened, and getting ready (in a very casual way) long before the start time so there wasn't any rush that could cause stress. We also talked a bit about the physical/mental symptoms she might be having to help her recognize why she felt crappy, since sometimes putting a name on something can help it be less overwhelming (ie, "You seem upset. Do you have butterflies in your tummy? That's a funny feeling, right? They're probably there because you're excited about going to SoandSo's party this afternoon. It's ok to feel a little nervous when you're excited about going somewhere! But we still have some time before we go. Want to read a book together and have a little snack?")

I don't know how that approach would work with Mira, but it's worth a try. I really hope she has a great day today. And hopefully, this will be short-lived. I do think it's worth a mention to your pedi this week, though, since you're going. They may have some good tips, since I do think these fears and worries are very common in preschool and young school-age kids.

Poor sweet girl! I just want to hug her. Maiya has the perfectionist thing, but not really the anxiety, so I'm sorry I have no advice. I hope you find something that helps and she is feeling better soon!

In other news, we leave for Japan TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY. Holy moly, I am so not ready. There's my anxiety, hah! The good news is that my pink eye, cold, and bladder infection should all be gone by tomorrow (or at least, I'll be done with treatment), and I'm going to a chiropractor today to help with all my achy joints and back, and hopefully will help with these headaches. The Zofran seems to be doing squat for the nausea, but that could be worse because of the antibiotics, so when I'm done with those (TOMORROW!!), hopefully the nausea will be under control, too. Oh man, I so look forward to feeling human again!

I'm not complaining, really, because I'd do anything to try to keep this little one, but I'm still excited that I might start feeling better soon. My poor exchange student, heh.

In two weeks??? Wow! I didn't know it was so soon! That's so exciting.
    I hope you do start feeling better. I think I kept forgetting to comment on it, but I took abx for a bladder infection back in college that made me really awfully nauseated. I hope that's what it is for you too and that you see some improvement soon.

Poor Mira. How did it go?

Janet, two weeks? Eek! So exciting.

Yes, Suja, hope Mira was able to enjoy her birthday! Poor thing.

I know, 2 weeks, it's insane. I am SO not ready. I had great ambitions for this month, but then things changed, heh. Hopefully for the better!

Tonight is my LAST NIGHT of having to take meds in the middle of the night. Tomorrow is my last day with those stupid nausea and upset stomach inducing antibiotics. SO EXCITED! Gretchen, I hope you're right! It's funny because Maiya was on antibiotics, too, up until yesterday. Except she had amoxicillin. You know, the Pink Medicine that tastes so good and has barely any side effects. Is it strange to be jealous of my kid's antibiotics??

Hubby is supposed to bring his coworker's Doppler home tomorrow. I'm so anxious to try to hear the heartbeat! I know it may be too early, but you all know me. If I can't find it, I'm debating asking for an U/S from my RE this week. Just because, if I wait until 3/5 for my NT Scan, that'll be the longest I've gone this pregnancy without confirmation that things are still ok. I'm spoiled!

So how's everyone else doing? Staying comfortable in all the various crazy weather we're experiencing?

She cried, but the bribe worked, amd she did okay after she peed. It really helps that she plays with some kids upon pickup, and she knows she won't get a chance if she didn't go to school, or stay for a nap.

Japan in two weeks! That's so exciting! How long are you staying?

So glad the bribe worked. Glad she ended up doing ok. Hope she starts getting her confidence back.

Thanks! If things go well, Maiya and I will be there for two months. <gasp>

Oh no, I killed the NET!

Well, you all are smarter than I am. After my scare- and subsequent strong reassurance- last week, I'm getting cocky. Er, confident.

So I tried to add a ticker to my signature, but it told me that I can't add anything because I already have 4 lines, but I only have two! Anyone smarter than I am that can figure out why?

And Suja, how has Mira been doing lately?

Try putting your pic and the tickers all on the same line, instead of the pic on top and then the tickers. I don't know if it'll be too wide though.

I can't help with the tickers, having never bothered to figure it out.

Mira had been doing fine until tonight. Despite knowing that school is closed tomorrow (snow), she cried about going to school, among other things. But, it was that kind of night in general, so I don't know.

My tongue is hurting, and I can't stop biting it. Waaaaaah!
    I don't like school. I'm worried about having an accident. Waaaaaaah!
    You sang me a lullaby. Lullabies are for babies, and I'm not a baby. Waaaaaaah!

Those are just the ones I remember.